Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Who?

Dec 14, 2016 12:48 PM

I'm pretty sure that Otabek is gonna win the grand prix after this episode.

Dec 14, 2016 1:11 PM

Well I guess I'm changing my answer to either Otabek or Chris. Yurio's stamina issues may pop up during the FS so I don't see him taking gold, probably silver?
rip JJ.
Modified by mintychoco_, Dec 14, 2016 1:28 PM

Dec 14, 2016 1:35 PM
WELP TIME TO REEXAMINE MY PREDICTIONS

I don't know about specific placement, but I thiiiink the podium will have...oh, geez. I don't know. I think it's safe to say JJ is probably out of the running for the podium, but beyond that?? who knows?????

Dec 14, 2016 1:59 PM
Well, my prediction was very wrong.

I'm still not sold on Yurio scoring higher than bronze from a narrative standpoint. Not with his inexperience. I wonder if Yuri and Viktors relationship woes will bleed into his final performance and result in a lower score. Guilt maybe?

Otabek is getting a medal, I'm sure of that. Poor Phichit still doesn't stand a chance, but he will be happy just to have competed at this level. JJ will recover, but not enough to reach the podium.

Speaking solely from a narrative standpoint... I think Chris Gold, Yuri silver and Otabek bronze would be the most fitting results for each characters arc. But I think either Yuri/Otabek/Yurio or Yuri/Yurio/Otabek are the most likely results.
Modified by Ianamus, Dec 14, 2016 2:13 PM

Dec 14, 2016 2:02 PM

yuri is the most boring character here. his only quality is being gay and nothing else, i don't want him to win
pichit is newbie and chris is just disgusting over-flamboyant
so yuri/otabek/jj in any order
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)

Dec 14, 2016 2:05 PM

I'm still fairly sure Yuuri will win the gold this season. He hasn't messed up his SP that badly, his quad flip got enough rotations in and you better bet he's gonna use that quad again in his FS. So far he hasn't performed his FS perfectly even once. This is his last chance at nailing a flawless performance. If he nails that quad flip for retribution his score will make up for his small slip in the SP.

But I can't deny that I think Yurio might win. He's been on a roll and now that the skater constantly getting the upperhand over him out of the top ranks, he can win. He can definitely win if Yuuri somehow screws up. I do doubt Yurio winning if Yuuri makes no mistakes though, considering his base score seems to be higher than Yurio's.

yet a small part of me that wants phichit to win remains

Dec 14, 2016 2:52 PM

Well.
Considering I want a second season, lets hope Katsudon Yuri to loose this time.
But.
Considering I want K.Yuri and Victor to get married, lets hope K.Yuri wins.

SO
I
DONT
KNOW T-T

Dec 14, 2016 2:56 PM

Well, catching up over 20 points would be a miracle, or at least sensational. Realistically speaking. Yet, Phichit has supposedly done it at the Cup of China so I guess everything's still possible.

Dec 14, 2016 4:56 PM
Well after today's ep. idk if JJ has a chance to even medal (sort of like what happened to Patrick Chan in the GPF)

My guess is the the gold might go to Yurio, silver to with Otabek or Chris and Yuri may get bronze. I do want Yuri to get gold though, but maybe him not getting gold yet will give him a bigger push/motivation to go for more (Olympics, Worlds, etc...) for another season

Dec 14, 2016 7:20 PM

All I can say is lol, JJ destroyed

Yuurio will mess up in the free skate and Otabek will win

Dec 14, 2016 8:01 PM
My bet will be on yuuri katsuki to win the grand prix finals.
Modified by Hetalia96, Dec 14, 2016 9:46 PM

Dec 15, 2016 12:49 AM

I think JJ may win. Yurio would probably be second.

Dec 15, 2016 12:51 AM

After EP11, I'm pretty sure that Yurio is going to win. He broke Viktor's world record and has been played as new Viktor- new prodigy and new legend.

JJ is probably too behind now, even if he nailed his program, I don't think he could win unless Yurio or Otabek etc. failed. If they skate well it doesn't matter how perfect JJ's second program is.

Yuuri will likely just nail his Yuri on Ice program, but I don't think it'll be quite enough to beat Yurio.

Dec 15, 2016 12:53 AM

well so much for JJ winning LOL
now it's probably going to be yurio

Dec 15, 2016 1:38 AM

my prediction: the yuri on ice fs will be perfect, but yurio is going to win, because he's got the higher score on the sp.
not a native english-speaker, i may make mistakes!

Dec 16, 2016 12:34 PM

Yuuri's got 20 points to recover.... and he will. Because this is his Last Season. It was stated in the beginning of the anime that this was his last season, so he has no second chance if he looses this.

Any second season that might come up will be with Yurio, which is why he is being built up as Victor 2.0 because he is going to wreck house from here on out. But Yuuri will win this time around (because this is his season and his story).

(btw... if Yuuri is truly supposed to be inspired by Yuzuru Hanyu.... boy you are a f**king lame piece of s**t! And how dare you tarnish that amazing skater's name with your second a$$ skating... -__________- anime pisses me off sometimes...)

Dec 16, 2016 1:45 PM

I hope chris wins because he's close to retiring.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 17, 2016 8:18 AM

Have faith in Yuuri!!
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~

Dec 17, 2016 12:29 PM

I hope JJ will win. Victuri is overrated af.

Dec 17, 2016 6:52 PM
Rooting for Yuri :3 i think he could possibly come second by a point or two maybe some drama between victor and yuri in the final episode?? Gah its so hard to say

Dec 17, 2016 7:25 PM
I am 99% certain Yuuri will win this thing, and I have a hunch as to how (as in, a believable way) he will.

The interesting thing is that with Yurio owning in the SP, he skates last in the FP. Yuuri skates in the middle, so the climax of the entire comp will be seen through Yurio. I think Yuuri and Victor will have a real (and long time coming) heart-to-heart before the FP, solidifying their relationship and what's going on between them and Yuuri will channel this love into his FP and perform perfectly, with the quad flip at the end. He will surpass Victor's world record and be in first. Seeing this, Yurio starts to panic due to him thinking that his routine isn't difficult enough to beat Yuuri - remember Yurio pushed himself to his absolute limits in Russia and still came in second, and I think that will come back to haunt him. Imo he will make his routine even harder to try and beat Yuuri, but this will cause his downfall when he exhausts himself during the performance and starts to flub his jumps in the latter half. He won't score as high as he should due to deductions and will come in second (or whatever place if the others, like Otabek, perform better). He will miss the gold not because of nerves or anything, but from trying to over-exceed his limits.

If he's upset (and I don't see why he wouldn't be) this would also be a great call-back to episode one where Yuuri cried after his FP due to his poor performance and was cornered by Yurio; however, in this case Yuuri approaches Yurio and shows kindness and understanding, cementing their friendship.

This for me would be a good and believable way to end the show. And before anyone points out that Yuuri is in fourth place and 20P behind Yurio, Phichit in China was in fourth and 20P behind Yuuri, and he still managed to get first, even if by the smallest of margins. It's doable. As for if Yuuri breaks Victor's FP world record, there's a neat post about the idea here if you're interested :)

(This being said, this show has never gone as I expect it to, so heaven knows what's actually going to happen.)

Pages (2) « 1 [2]