Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 7, 2016 5:59 AM

Feb 2014
Hey guys and gals. For those of you who don't know, the Recommendation Club has been doing a fair bit of simulwatching in our Discord chatroom. We'll get together in voice chat and Rabbit and laugh, cry, and cry from laughing at a wide variety of anime. In the past, many of these simulwatches have been unscheduled and a bit tough to follow. In order to spread the word, I'll be keeping an up to date schedule of what we are watching and when. So feel free to join our Discord and join in on the fun! If you would also like to make some recommendations as to what we should simulwatch next, feel free to do so below. And if you miss a simulwatch, you can always catch up and join us next week!

Mondays at 9 PM EST (Tuesdays 1:00 AM UTC/GMT)
Next Showing: May 21st

Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters - Score: 6.72

Wednesdays at 8 PM EST (Thursdays Midnight AM UTC/GMT)
Next Showing: May 23rd

Gantz:O - 7.62

TOP TIER ANIME
Next Showing: Whenever

In addition to our scheduled simulwatches, we also partake in watching TOP TIER anime. Have you ever wondered why the veterans here always seem to have really low average MAL scores? Well it's all thanks to TOP TIER! Only the highest quality of schlocky, cringy, and cancerous anime I can find on MAL will do. TOP TIER has no set schedule and happens whenever we feel like it. We do tend to at least watch a little after each scheduled simulwatch though, so feel free to stick around afterwards.

Bottom Shelf
Next Showing: Whenever

Wait, TOP TIER wasn't enough? You want something good? A classic? Something that played a part in anime's history? Ug. Well, whatever. I don't see why anyone would want something like that, but if that's your drink of choice then the Bottom Shelf is for you. A specialized mixture of high quality, unique, and pivotal gems from the 70s, 80s, and 90s (with a splash of early 2000s). Just don't complain when it doesn't taste like cancer.

Golden Week Special
Look forward to Golden Week 2019!

Golden Week is a thing in Japan. Therefore, we will watch golden anime. Specifically, South Korean raw anime knockoffs of American and Japanese characters. Why are we watching Korean cartoons for a series of Japanese holidays? Because I said so. A few non-Korean but totally still golden animes may get thrown into the mix as time permits.
blobJun 6, 2019 6:20 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 10, 2016 10:28 AM

May 2013
I´ll be sure to join for the Fate simulwatch, not sure about today´s one Jeb
Dec 10, 2016 10:35 AM
Jul 2018
I'll try and be there for IS 2 hahaha
I'll be working from 4:15 to 8:15 CST but I'm too lazy to convert the GMT time to CST
Dec 10, 2016 11:35 AM

Apr 2015
Is Infinite Stratos Worth Watching
Dec 10, 2016 2:01 PM

Feb 2014
kamisama751 said:
>TOP TIER
Xd
My recommendations for top tier anime:
Adventure kids
Super kids
Issho ni Sleeping: Sleeping with Hinako
Koroshiya 1 The Animation: Episode 0
Ice
Luger Code 1951
Bayonetta: Bloody Fate
Vanquished Queens
Gyo

If you ever want to check the current list of future TOP TIERs, check my On-Hold list. ;)
Dec 16, 2016 2:38 AM

Jun 2016
We need to spread the word somehow so not just the people on discord are on simulwatches.

i think the more the merrier

we have 15,000 members....... where are they ?
"there's a difference between reaching your dreams and finding happiness"-Nana

Dec 31, 2016 8:09 AM
Aug 2016
I probably won't join. I don't ever watch anime dubbed. And those titles... Nahhh :3
Dec 31, 2016 8:53 AM

Jun 2015
I'll try to attend them, but don't depend on me... I will probably forget...

Dec 31, 2016 9:01 AM

Jul 2012
I'll try to attend but Australia time difference has proven to be challenging in the past.

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Dec 31, 2016 9:30 AM

Feb 2010
Pyravia said:
I probably won't join. I don't ever watch anime dubbed. And those titles... Nahhh :3
we watched them mainly not to enjoy but to make fun of them, heck those two above are better than what we usually simulwatch
holyfox6894 said:
I'll try to attend but Australia time difference has proven to be challenging in the past.
I feel you
Alfye02 said:
I'll try to attend them, but don't depend on me... I will probably forget...
No pressure bby
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Dec 31, 2016 10:15 AM
Jan 2, 2017 3:48 AM

Feb 2010
We watch shit anime on purpose as we're sick about hearing SAO is the worst anime ever. However we do accept suggestions and watch mainstream anime too. eg. Higurashi
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jan 2, 2017 7:16 AM

Feb 2014

Cashdax said:
We watch shit anime on purpose as we're sick about hearing SAO is the worst anime ever. However we do accept suggestions and watch mainstream anime too. eg. Higurashi

Shiki as well. The list of series that we do is rather large. We try to aim for things that people may not watch otherwise, but we throw in some good stuff (or well known mediocre/bad stuff) to spice it up.
Jan 11, 2017 4:51 PM

Feb 2014
Based on the results of this poll, we will be watching School Days next in the Saturday time slot.
Jan 24, 2017 6:32 AM

Feb 2014
Added Golden Week special event. Time TBD.
Jan 28, 2017 2:46 PM

Feb 2014
Based on the results of this poll, we will be watching Guilty Crown next in the Tuesday/Wednesday time slot.
Jan 31, 2017 6:33 PM

Feb 2014
Based on the results of this poll, we will be watching Elfen Lied next in the Saturday time slot.
Feb 24, 2017 2:35 PM

Feb 2014
With Elfen Lied mercifully at an end, we will now be watching Higurashi Season 2 in the Saturday time slot. Feel free to watch the first season to get caught up before March 11.
Mar 2, 2017 3:42 PM

Feb 2014
With the epic animated music video known as Guilty Crown now complete, we will be watching Christopher Columbus in the Tuesday/Wednesday time slot. Simulwatching begins March 7th.
Apr 12, 2017 5:12 PM

Feb 2014
With the totally historically accurate Christopher Columbus now complete, we will be watching something that apparently this clown finds kinky. Up next is Mysterious Girlfriend X in the Tuesday/Wednesday time slot. Simulwatching begins April 18th.
Apr 13, 2017 2:37 PM

Feb 2014
The Saturday Euro-friendly simulwatch is back with the seven part movie series known as the Happy Science Movies! Join us as we watch the Japanese version of Scientology attempt to use anime to spread its message. Each movie is stand alone, so no need to fret if you miss a week. Simulwatching begins Saturday, April 15th at 3 PM EST/7 PM UTC.
Apr 18, 2017 12:00 PM

Dec 2014
hmmm I believe it is still wonderful how many people can be gathered at the same time across countries
Apr 18, 2017 7:57 PM

Jun 2013
First time actually streaming with people on MAL before so it's kinda cool hopefully we do more of this with like new shows and stuff
Apr 19, 2017 3:48 PM

Aug 2014
ayyyy cancerous as always jeb
Apr 20, 2017 12:29 AM

Sep 2016
Sora-desuINA said:
We need to spread the word somehow so not just the people on discord are on simulwatches.

Are you one of those veterans?? (so many 1/10) lmao xd

What the big problem is btw, is that 95% of all members are watching the popular and high scoring anime and theyre not done watching it for a long time...
If you want more people to come simulwatch you should also give popular anime a place in the schedule, or better!!!, put seasonal anime on the simulwatch schedule (seasonal anime with high popularity!!).
K_CadApr 20, 2017 12:32 AM
Apr 20, 2017 4:38 PM

Jun 2016
CADAEMOS said:
Sora-desuINA said:

What the big problem is btw, is that 95% of all members are watching the popular and high scoring anime and theyre not done watching it for a long time...
If you want more people to come simulwatch you should also give popular anime a place in the schedule, or better!!!, put seasonal anime on the simulwatch schedule (seasonal anime with high popularity!!).

veteran ? nope, definitely not XD . more than (at least) 300s from my list came from the last 6 months-ish, LOL.

yeah, i guess so. but the point of our simulwatch is to watch something people havent already watch, which ofc is the unpopular or unheard of. but we did do popular anime simulwatches from time to time (guilty crown, etc) so yeah, why not ? ;)

seasonal anime is good suggestion too...but then ultimately, it all depends on the one that is hosting the simulwatches. numerous people have scheduled simulwatches on our discord. so maybe you can host some simulwatches once in a while,too :D
"there's a difference between reaching your dreams and finding happiness"-Nana

Apr 21, 2017 7:22 AM

Nov 2012
I've always wanted to watch the stuff you're showing in Golden week so think that could be a laugh, but never used discord before, does this mean you're streaming these anime like alongside a chatroom?
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Apr 21, 2017 9:03 AM

Sep 2016
Sora-desuINA said:
CADAEMOS said:

veteran ? nope, definitely not XD . more than (at least) 300s from my list came from the last 6 months-ish, LOL.

yeah, i guess so. but the point of our simulwatch is to watch something people havent already watch, which ofc is the unpopular or unheard of. but we did do popular anime simulwatches from time to time (guilty crown, etc) so yeah, why not ? ;)

seasonal anime is good suggestion too...but then ultimately, it all depends on the one that is hosting the simulwatches. numerous people have scheduled simulwatches on our discord. so maybe you can host some simulwatches once in a while,too :D

Next year, when Im a student I will have a lot more time, so then I would love to do do some simulwatches. This will probably help jeb a lot too.
Apr 21, 2017 2:58 PM

Feb 2014
JVskunkape said:
I've always wanted to watch the stuff you're showing in Golden week so think that could be a laugh, but never used discord before, does this mean you're streaming these anime like alongside a chatroom?

Yes. What we typically do is stream via Rabbit (which has a chatroom) while also talking in a voice chat on Discord. Typically I and whoever decides to talk in the VC just riff the whole time. You are by no means required to talk in or even join the VC; you can just listen to us or watch without the laugh track and just talk via the chatroom.

CADAEMOS said:
Sora-desuINA said:

Unfortunately, when I have typically done polls directly via MAL threads, people tend to vote for well known series that they have seen and then not bothered showing up to the simulwatches. This has lead to a number of simulwatches where only a handful of people have shown up and most of them have already seen the show, but because it was what was voted on I felt obligated to show it. To combat this I have removed any series that is roughly in the top 600 most popular shows on the site, with a few exceptions (Higurashi S2 will be shown at some point since we watched the first season previously).

Seasonal anime has been done by other members in the past, but it's not my thing as I watch very few seasonal shows (the few I do are what gets simuldubbed or cancerous shorts). Though I have no issue with doing things that ended the previous season, such as Hand Shakers.
Apr 22, 2017 7:55 AM

Sep 2016
Confederate_Jeb said:
JVskunkape said:

Yes. What we typically do is stream via Rabbit (which has a chatroom) while also talking in a voice chat on Discord. Typically I and whoever decides to talk in the VC just riff the whole time. You are by no means required to talk in or even join the VC; you can just listen to us or watch without the laugh track and just talk via the chatroom.

CADAEMOS said:

Unfortunately, when I have typically done polls directly via MAL threads, people tend to vote for well known series that they have seen and then not bothered showing up to the simulwatches. This has lead to a number of simulwatches where only a handful of people have shown up and most of them have already seen the show, but because it was what was voted on I felt obligated to show it. To combat this I have removed any series that is roughly in the top 600 most popular shows on the site, with a few exceptions (Higurashi S2 will be shown at some point since we watched the first season previously).

Seasonal anime has been done by other members in the past, but it's not my thing as I watch very few seasonal shows (the few I do are what gets simuldubbed or cancerous shorts). Though I have no issue with doing things that ended the previous season, such as Hand Shakers.

I could host seasonal anime simulwatches if you agree to that at least.
May 6, 2017 12:12 PM

Feb 2014
With the fetish-filled Mysterious Girlfriend X now complete, we will now turn our attention to the popular shadow warriors of Japan: ninjas!. Join us as we watch Himawari! each Tuesday at 10 PM EST/Wednesday 2 PM UTC. The first stream begins May 9th.
Jun 4, 2017 6:54 AM

Feb 2014
With the addition of the Bottom Shelf as a scheduled simulwatch, we are making a few changes to the schedule. The US-Asian friendly simulwatch, previously on Tuesdays/Wednesdays, is now on Mondays/Tuesdays. The Bottom Shelf series will begin this Wednesday/Thursday and will stay in that slot. In the future, the starting times will most likely be moved up to around 8 or 9 PM EST, but that's another discussion for a later date.
Jul 24, 2017 7:53 PM

Feb 2014
With the end of the giant mecha basketball series Basquash, we will now be watching the critically acclaimed Hand Shakers. Join us next Monday, July 31st, at 9 PM EST for the thrilling beginning!

Wait, what do you mean it isn't critically acclaimed?
Sep 18, 2017 10:55 PM

Feb 2014
After finishing back to back gems in Hand Shakers and Run=Dim, we will now be watching something actually good. Please join us next Monday, September 25th, at 9 PM EST for Gosick!

https://myanimelist.net/anime/8425/Gosick
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Introductions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

imperlast - Jun 14, 2010

1415 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 8:21 PM

» Mecha Manga

PlasticRobot - Feb 23

0 by PlasticRobot »»
Feb 23, 7:05 PM

» Recomend any manga and i will read it!!

Tamurax - Feb 2

2 by Fauzy_Weliady »»
Feb 5, 7:15 PM

» Guys, check my paintings - Tribute to Makoto Shinkai

mufarari - Jan 13

1 by Tamurax »»
Feb 2, 7:36 AM

» I need manga

Charizardexbb - Jan 28

0 by Charizardexbb »»
Jan 28, 6:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.