Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 5, 2016 7:02 PM

Mar 2015

First of all, if you have S;G or S;G0-related questions, please refer to the threads below:

Q&A: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1574542

We also strongly recommend those who haven't watched/read the original Steins;Gate anime/VN to do so before watching/reading Steins;Gate 0 and partaking in any discussion on this board due to the possibility of unmarked S;G True End spoilers. The Steins;Gate board is this way.

As you all know, these rules must be followed in the episode discussion threads:
MAL-chan said:

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION THREAD. DO NOT DISCUSS THE VISUAL NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
- If you want to discuss (future) events in the VN, compare the anime with the VN, etc. please use a separate thread. This thread is only about this episode / this anime.

This is the thread where you can do all of the above listed things that you can't do. In other words, this thread is for those who wish to talk about the anime and speculate or compare it to the VN, the original S;G VN or other S;G-related works. Of course you can also discuss the episodes here, without any limitations. You don't need to tag anything here, so for those who only have anime knowledge, be warned:

There will be unmarked Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate 0 spoilers; if you haven't played both games, approach this thread at your own peril.

There are still rules that apply to the thread:

- Do not spam in this thread. This isn't a chat thread or your twitter.
- No piracy talk.
- Trolling/baiting will not be tolerated.
- Negative and differing opinions are of course welcome, but watch your language.
- No waifu/shipping wars here. We have other threads for this.
- That should be obvious, but this is a S;G discussion thread. If it doesn't have anything to do with S;G, don't talk about it here. That includes other SciAdv works, if they are not related to S;G and/or S;G 0.
- For more rules/information see also the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.

Please use the spoiler tags if you post a few pictures. Tag large pics in general too, please.

Please use the report function to contact the mods if the derails get out of hand or if someone here is overly rude and/or starts insulting others or breaks the rules otherwise.

Misc stuff:

Steins;Gate fav character thread is now up...!
OneTrueEmiyaDec 8, 2016 1:34 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 5, 2016 7:04 PM

Jul 2014
Good good
Just like every other VN adaption
this will be a thread to talk about VN
Dec 5, 2016 7:07 PM

Mar 2015
Gensan said:
Good good

And waifu wars, don't forget the waifu wars :^)
Dec 5, 2016 7:07 PM

Nov 2015
Gensan said:
Good good

We source material-fags need a place to convene when it comes to these matters, Gen. ;D

How White Fox will handle it should be an interesting point of discussion futuristically for sure.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2016 7:09 PM

Jul 2014
OneTrueEmiya said:
Gensan said:
Good good

But what about Maho tan?
do we have any HD Maho tan reaction?
Dec 5, 2016 7:09 PM

Mar 2015
Shiza-sennin said:
Gensan said:
Good good

We source material-fags need a place to convene when it comes to these matters, Gen. ;D

How White Fox will handle it should be an interesting point of discussion futuristically for sure.

This. As you guys know, S;G 0 isn't anywhere as linear as the original, it'd be interesting to see how/whether then can adapt both the "Near Side" and "Far Side" routes in one go.

Gensan said:
OneTrueEmiya said:

But what about Maho tan?

HD Maho for sale :3
Dec 5, 2016 7:10 PM

Jul 2014

Shiza-sennin said:

I'll quote myself from other thread for this matter
Gensan said:
HaXXspetten said:
Yeah I guess that makes sense. At least we'll get the core part of the other story arc in that sense even if it won't branch off into the actual routes. I still feel like it'll be really hard to squeeze on all the developments concerning Kagari in the anime because they were so spread out, even if of course the main twist is at the end of Mayuri's route (which they obviously have to adapt since it leads to the True route)
I think Kagari would be fine.
They must adapt entire kurisu route and entire Mayuri route(from shrine scene to true end).
So while Kagari route will be skipped, Kurisu and mayuri route would be fine for kagari's characterization and development.
What i'm worry about is actually Maho's character, because i think we will get 3 routes adapt
Kurisu > Mayuri > True end
Kagari, Maho and stigma will be skipped. 2 of the skip routes have big relation to Maho.
I'm afraid anime will portray her as nothing more than meaningless kurisu replacement.

now discuss
Dec 5, 2016 7:15 PM

Nov 2015
OneTrueEmiya said:
Shiza-sennin said:

This. As you guys know, S;G 0 isn't anywhere as linear as the original, it'd be interesting to see how/whether then can adapt both the "Near Side" and "Far Side" routes in one go.

Gensan said:

But what about Maho tan?

Poor Maho-tan is tired of all this VN talk.

Quick, turn on some Mozart!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2016 7:17 PM

Jul 2014
OneTrueEmiya said:
Shiza-sennin said:

Gensan said:

But what about Maho tan?

WORSHIP THE LEGAL RORI
MAHO MEME SHALL RISE
Dec 5, 2016 7:18 PM

Mar 2015
Agreed @Gensan mostly. I'd love it if they incorporated part of Maho and Kagari routes in Kurisu route though. It'd be like:

Dec 5, 2016 7:25 PM

Jul 2014
OneTrueEmiya said:
Agreed @Gensan mostly. I'd love it if they incorporated part of Maho and Kagari routes in Kurisu route though. It'd be like:

Dec 5, 2016 7:29 PM

Mar 2015
Gensan said:
OneTrueEmiya said:

But how can Faris Maho and Moeka fun fit with Kurisu route?
nothing can trigger that event i think
unless maho apartment got attacked
but that would mean there won't be any rounder attack on lab which is part of Kurisu plot.

Ah you're right, rip girls' sleepover ;__;

So it'd just be:

Dec 5, 2016 7:34 PM

Jul 2014
OneTrueEmiya said:
Gensan said:
But how can Faris Maho and Moeka fun fit with Kurisu route?
nothing can trigger that event i think
unless maho apartment got attacked
but that would mean there won't be any rounder attack on lab which is part of Kurisu plot.

So it'd just be:

Yeah
But what i'm worried about is Maho character
2 routes that has big relevance to her will be skipped (Bad end and Maho end) ;____;
lots of her characterization and development won't appear in anime
RIP Maho tan

well shall make her meme live forever
GensanDec 5, 2016 7:39 PM
Dec 5, 2016 7:47 PM

Mar 2015
Gensan said:
OneTrueEmiya said:

So it'd just be:

Yeah
2 routes that has big relevance to her will be skipped (Bad end and Maho end) ;____;
RIP Maho tan

True, but then what they can do is make the Maho x Okabe scene in Faris' bedroom include the Amadeus-Salieri talk. Or maybe on Kurisu's route when Okabe reveals everything to Maho (pre-Kyouma revival). It might be a bit awkward to slot it in but these scenes imo are about the only times they can do that.

Anime-only ppl potentially missing out on this too ;___;
Dec 5, 2016 7:52 PM

Jul 2014
Tell us your most memorable experience in S;G 0

Ok i think i'm a bit diferent from everyone regarding this since i cleared "Nears side" first and "Far side" later.
The most different thing about my experience here would be

OneTrueEmiya said:
Gensan said:
Yeah
RIP Maho tan

True, but then what they can do is make the Maho x Okabe scene in Faris' bedroom include the Amadeus-Salieri talk. Or maybe on Kurisu's route when Okabe reveals everything to Maho (pre-Kyouma revival). It might be a bit awkward to slot it in but these scenes imo are about the only times they can do that.

Yea the song hunting will be skipped too ;____;

GensanDec 6, 2016 6:11 PM
Dec 5, 2016 8:07 PM

Aug 2011
All I know about the eventual anime adaptation is that i'm going to be a little disappointed when they don't adapt the fun Moeka stuff from the Maho ending, x.x
Dec 6, 2016 3:57 PM

Aug 2008
If they are smart they'll just adapt Mayuri's route with some stuff from other routes. It's the only route worth doing and I'd probably prefer it to my game experience if they do that.
Dec 6, 2016 5:54 PM

Mar 2015
hyperknees91 said:
If they are smart they'll just adapt Mayuri's route with some stuff from other routes. It's the only route worth doing and I'd probably prefer it to my game experience if they do that.

They'd still have to have Kurisu's route before Mayuri's though. Even in VN gameplay terms we had to beat Promised Rinascimento to get to True End.
Dec 6, 2016 6:10 PM

Jul 2014
Takamura-sama said:
Gensan said:
:3
D: D: D: D:
well the text in PC version had some glitch when i played

You already finished the game? Im at the point where:

Damn you hit bad end. how many ending have you cleared already?
Dec 6, 2016 9:03 PM

Mar 2015
Gensan said:

Most memorable experience in S;G 0?

Damn, there's tons of stuff but because I cleared Maho route and then continued onto Kagari route, it's got to be

It took one scene and less than 30 mins for Kurisu to cement her role as best girl once again.

CurseGoddess said:
All I know about the eventual anime adaptation is that i'm going to be a little disappointed when they don't adapt the fun Moeka stuff from the Maho ending, x.x

Faris sleepover scene, Moeka+Maho unbrella scene and Moeka vs Professor COME INTO ME KURISU

RIP Twin Automata ;___;
OneTrueEmiyaDec 6, 2016 9:09 PM
Dec 7, 2016 5:37 AM

Aug 2008
OneTrueEmiya said:
hyperknees91 said:

They'd still have to have Kurisu's route before Mayuri's though. Even in VN gameplay terms we had to beat Promised Rinascimento to get to True End.

Unless they make dramatic changes I'd rather it just be implied. Everything about that route was just boring.
Dec 7, 2016 8:51 PM

Jul 2014
OneTrueEmiya said:
Gensan said:

Most memorable experience in S;G 0?

Damn, there's tons of stuff but because I cleared Maho route and then continued onto Kagari route, it's got to be

It took one scene and less than 30 mins for Kurisu to cement her role as best girl once again.

Dem feel ;___;

what if whitefox fucked up that scene?
Dec 8, 2016 12:13 PM
Jul 2018
oh shit,you guys already finished it?
i guess it's time to binge read
Dec 9, 2016 2:36 AM

Nov 2015
Gensan said:

Ok i think i'm a bit diferent from everyone regarding this since i cleared "Nears side" first and "Far side" later.

OneTrueEmiya said:

I ended up taking @OneTrueEmiya 's suggested path, and I feel like it worked perfectly, with the exception of the Gajin End (would be sudden no matter when you play it. xD) Kurisu -> Mayuri -> True just felt beyond perfect to me.

As for the my most memorable experience...
Dec 9, 2016 3:54 AM

Mar 2015
Shiza-sennin said:
Gensan said:

I ended up taking @OneTrueEmiya 's suggested path, and I feel like it worked perfectly, with the exception of the Gajin End (would be sudden no matter when you play it. xD) Kurisu -> Mayuri -> True just felt beyond perfect to me.

Gaijin end lmao, tfw every other end is a girl and then suddenly LINTAROOO~

And yeah, agreed that
Dec 9, 2016 4:24 AM

Nov 2015
OneTrueEmiya said:
Shiza-sennin said:

Gaijin end lmao, tfw every other end is a girl and then suddenly LINTAROOO~

And yeah, agreed that

Gaijin-chan did well to introduce a new nickname for Okabe. It's what all the girls do! ;D

But hey, this is what happens when a Kurisufag and a Mayurifag discuss the routes. :v
Dec 10, 2016 9:16 PM

Jul 2014
There's one bad thing about S;G 0.
It doesn't have Braun tube ending.
smfh
instant 1/10
Dec 10, 2016 9:29 PM

Nov 2015
Gensan said:
smfh
instant 1/10

No one can resist the appeal of Mista Braun-nyan~

Dec 10, 2016 9:33 PM

Jul 2014
Shiza-sennin said:
Gensan said:
smfh
instant 1/10

No one can resist the appeal of Mista Braun-nyan~

He's still GAR in that kawaii maid outfit though.
Dec 11, 2016 12:01 AM

Nov 2015
Oh, I have a question regarding the Kurisu route, @Gensan.

Dec 11, 2016 12:29 AM

Jul 2014
Shiza-sennin said:

No, it doesn't give us information about which worldline K.Okabe (Kurisu route Okabe) shifts too. But I'm sure
Dec 11, 2016 12:35 AM

Nov 2015
Gensan said:
Shiza-sennin said:

No, it doesn't give us information about which worldline K.Okabe (Kurisu route Okabe) shifts too. But I'm sure

Ye, I know all that. But
Dec 11, 2016 12:54 AM

Jul 2014
Shiza-sennin said:
Gensan said:

Ye, I know all that. But
It never explained but i think
Dec 15, 2016 6:15 AM
Apr 2016
just finish the vn and i understand all but one thing.

"Be grateful for the miracles that have already happened instead of hoping for new ones"-- A sadistic teddy bear
Dec 15, 2016 12:09 PM

Aug 2011
I'm honestly confused about what happened in the ending with Moeka. What ever came of this? I don't feel like this was ever elaborated on, so i'm still not sure what she wanted with her...

http://i.imgur.com/ha11FVv.jpg
Dec 16, 2016 4:34 PM
Jun 2009
Ok, i finished the game right now, and i'n way, i like it the narration and characters very much, but in the other, i think that the game is not finished or something like that, or at least i not understand much thing...

Sorry for my english and thank you very much.
Dec 17, 2016 6:17 AM

May 2009
Done with the game last night, this one sentence made me feel like a horrible human being. I hate myself

Dec 18, 2016 2:01 AM
Jun 2009
Anyone knows my questions?
Dec 18, 2016 6:55 PM

Nov 2015
Moli_Malone said:
Anyone knows my questions?

Shiza-senninDec 18, 2016 11:10 PM
Dec 19, 2016 11:35 AM
Jun 2009
Thank you very much, Shiza-sennin, i have any things more clear now. The only thing about 1
Dec 20, 2016 12:12 AM

Nov 2015
Moli_Malone said:
Thank you very much, Shiza-sennin, i have any things more clear now. The only thing about 1

@Moli_Malone
You're welcome, mate. Anything I can do to help. :D
Dec 20, 2016 9:08 AM

Mar 2016
Also finished yesterday. My only thought right now - Anime adaptation is the only hope now to wrap up this mess.

I mean they didn't even showed Mayuri when she time traveled (Drama CD β - The Arc of Light of Infinity).

Also story was focused on 2 routes (not that story in them is not important, but it was not exactly what we were looking from S;G0) and then like time skip where all things that needed to be showed in order to receive answers for main questions and we see true ending and that's all.

They gave us major clues about everything but they just didn't show it explicitly. I know that many people will say that it was left to our own interpretation, but why? They did perfect with S;G, why didn't they do this with S;G0?

S;G is not that kind of story where things left to our own interpretation is okay (Except true ending of original S;G, that was the whole point of the series).

My main problems:

They didn't explain Reading Steiner ability. Again, so many clues but they never explained it explicitly. Yes there are much more people than only Okabe with similar ability and it is understandable, but why Okabe has "Perfect Reading Steiner"? It's still pretty different from others. There was a lot of foreshadowing that it's just like overwriting memories that was discussed on conference and with maho. But what it actually was? Was it some very complicated machine that was created by someone from the (very distant) future that existed on every world line and somehow saved Okabe's memories right before WL change and overwrited it in new WL after? We never knew this.

They didn't explain mechanic of locked video message. This is probably the biggest problem, they just send it, The end. Why in that particular time span? How it was working?

The whole "time skip" between A&V end and MWC. Cmon, at least some flashbacks or fast/forward scenes of how it all leaded to MWC. I heard somewhere here that there is some "Amadeus script" but I don't see any opportunity to read it. They left so many things out of VN. This also involves why there was Kagari in MWC, they send locked message and message that we saw in V&A ending where in both cases (before and after time leap) kagari was dead. Or if there were much more jumping from WL to WL after V&A ending, again, why didn't they even told us about that?

Kurisu in Twin Automata ending again this was never explained what actually was happening when amadeus was almost deleted. Also the whole theme of Amadeus Kurisu was not elaborated enough.

There are a few other things that I wanted to discuss but I forgot them :(

Nice things that I really liked:

Song from Recursive mother Goose. While some people will call this paradox, this is just nice that "fate" created some song to make meeting of all of the characters through so many different times. (but if I remember right the origin melody of this song was Maho's music box gift?).

Weird nightmares "70 million years ago" from original S;G HA! I fucking called it a long long time ago that it was not just nightmares and they will have actual value some day! But again, this makes full sense only if you watch Drama CD β - The Arc of Light of Infinity after S;G0.

So it was "real" Mayuri (and probably Okarin when he found them) 70m years in the past, and they most likely really died there and memories become part of them from original S;G. It was really nice. Same goes for nightmare with "Okarin falling into blacklohe", this is more for our interpretation but it is certainly connected to zero.

---------

So overall, was it good? I would probably say yes, but definitely not better than original(at least for now, maybe I still missing some important things).

The main problem was that they focused mostly on "side" stories and less on event's that was supposed to be directly answered in Zero. And it's not like because of bad writing, for some reason they just didn't. They had all preparations, foreshadowing and different clues, but when it was time to get everything together and answer questions and show the most important events... they just skipped that part and jumped to obvious true end most of which was already known from original S;G.

I really hope that anime adaptation will add more explanation from official side materials and wrap up and answer all (or at least some most important) questions.

Until then... Good luck, mad scientist.

El. Psy. Kongroo.
HoTTab1CHDec 20, 2016 10:36 AM
Dec 20, 2016 1:33 PM
Jun 2009
Yes, that have sense, althoug in Milky way, another stange thing is

Another thing that i don't undertand it's

Thanks again!
Dec 21, 2016 5:59 AM

Oct 2012
Just finished it earlier. I wouldn't say there is a whole lot of plot "holes", but i do feel like some places were especially lazy with the explanations, and things that probably should have been explained was open to interpretation.

My absolute biggest complaint is the

But nitpicky things aside, I still rather enjoyed S;G 0. Okabe's issues made him seem more human. The new characters were alright. Mayuri's Friends weren't all that useful plotwise imo, but Maho was a nice contrast to Kurisu. Was it as good as the original? Definitely not. But was it still good overall? I'd say so.
Dec 27, 2016 5:05 AM

Jul 2016
i think the only issue with Zero is they left things that should be explained open to interpretation. For example one of the most confusing thing is Rinascimento case, they can easily avoid questions by making maho upload Okabe's memory by 15 January but they decide to make it 31 January explicitly instead.

Other than that, i'm pretty satisfied with it
The plot is good and interesting
The character developments were better in Zero (especially mayuri, daru, suzuha, maho, and of course okabe himself)
The soundtracks, animations, and CGs were great

Too bad they just spreading clues everywhere while not directly explain some things, i hope they can do justice to the anime adaptation.
Jan 9, 2017 9:46 AM

Jul 2015
Moli_Malone said:
Yes, that have sense, althoug in Milky way, another stange thing is

Another thing that i don't undertand it's

Thanks again!

Answers to your second question :) As far as I know this would explain it.
Shad0w77Jan 9, 2017 10:14 AM

Jan 9, 2017 11:46 AM
Jun 2009
Yes, i think it's something like that. Thanks.
Jan 10, 2017 5:44 AM

Sep 2016
Shad0w77 said:

🔥You're looking at someone🔥

🔥Who is superior to you🔥

🔥You have my permission to🔥

🔥Bask in my glow🔥

Jan 11, 2017 10:30 AM

Mar 2016
HistoricGamer46 said:
Shad0w77 said:

I came to more logical explanation.

Suzuha knew about the video and everything else because it's Suzuha that will come from 2036 from WL of true ending of S;G0, so she knew that they were sending video message and rest of the plan.

This leads that in original S;G we saw already event's that were after S;G0 (because it was deleted from existence, so it's right from that perspective) and Suzuha was suzuha from 2036 S;G0 true ending (this is not Suzuha that went back in time with Mayuri and from the start of S;G0)
Jan 11, 2017 1:24 PM

Jan 2017
I have questions about some possible problems in the Steins;Gate worldline, considering 0-s plot. I don't think there are clear clues about these, so I am asking for sensible theories.
Mandrake10Jan 11, 2017 2:14 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

104 by Twerms »»
Apr 21, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.