Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 11, 2017 9:19 PM

Jul 2016
Mandrake10 said:
I have questions about some possible problems in the Steins;Gate worldline, considering 0-s plot. I don't think there are clear clues about these, so I am asking for sensible theories.

Hope it helps, you can disagree or agree with it
Jan 12, 2017 11:56 AM

Jan 2017
7th-Archangel said:
Mandrake10 said:
I have questions about some possible problems in the Steins;Gate worldline, considering 0-s plot. I don't think there are clear clues about these, so I am asking for sensible theories.

Hope it helps, you can disagree or agree with it

Thank you, very interesting!
One more question:
Mandrake10Jan 12, 2017 12:09 PM
Jan 13, 2017 12:35 AM

Jul 2016
Mandrake10 said:

Thank you, very interesting!
One more question:

Jan 14, 2017 9:09 PM

Jul 2016
I just finished the VN recently, and now I feel like I don't know what to do with my life anymore.

I have to agree with most that the VN left A LOT of open ends and unresolved issues, but it was nevertheless a great experience. Maybe the writers had a hard time since it's a midquel and there are certain set of facts from S;G that they must uphold to be true. There were constraints but the story was still satisfying. It might not have surpassed the original but it lived up to the standards.

We're even lucky because MOST sequels to great stories end up being garbage, but S;G 0 is nowhere near trash though there are some short comings.

Some did not like Twin Automata (as I've read in some reviews) but I found it rather interesting? Very interesting, for that matter. I might read the whole VN for the second time and all of its endings, probably with a pen and paper around so I can jot down notes and connect the dots. how do I move on from this

It's interesting now to see the anime adaptation. I hope it will be as spectacular as the adaptation of the original S;G. It would probably be difficult since, as most mentioned, S;G 0 is not as linear compared to S;G, it would be interesting for everyone.

What happened to the adaptation, anyways? I haven't heard any news (or maybe I was just too busy). I thought it was set to release last year?
*under construction*
Jan 20, 2017 10:03 PM
Feb 2013
Just beat the game recently but there are somethings I don't get.
Jan 22, 2017 4:28 AM
Jul 2018
didn't love it as much as i would expect i guess i set my expectation way too high it dose have a lot of great moment but i still like original more

i feel like they are a lot of plot point that they miss,didn't use,undeveloped is a waste of potential (again it be because i set my expectation too high)

i don't know man but i feel like i might like s;g 0 more if it was anime
granted that adap s;g 0 would be hard as fuck i still have my hope in whitefox and old crew that make original s;g (if they back).
Jan 29, 2017 3:28 AM

Jun 2015
Schala07 said:
I just finished the VN recently, and now I feel like I don't know what to do with my life anymore.

I have to agree with most that the VN left A LOT of open ends and unresolved issues, but it was nevertheless a great experience. Maybe the writers had a hard time since it's a midquel and there are certain set of facts from S;G that they must uphold to be true. There were constraints but the story was still satisfying. It might not have surpassed the original but it lived up to the standards.

We're even lucky because MOST sequels to great stories end up being garbage, but S;G 0 is nowhere near trash though there are some short comings.

Some did not like Twin Automata (as I've read in some reviews) but I found it rather interesting? Very interesting, for that matter. I might read the whole VN for the second time and all of its endings, probably with a pen and paper around so I can jot down notes and connect the dots. how do I move on from this

It's interesting now to see the anime adaptation. I hope it will be as spectacular as the adaptation of the original S;G. It would probably be difficult since, as most mentioned, S;G 0 is not as linear compared to S;G, it would be interesting for everyone.

What happened to the adaptation, anyways? I haven't heard any news (or maybe I was just too busy). I thought it was set to release last year?

I think that they're gonna adapt:

The Promised Rinascimento (kurisu ED) And Vega Altair(mayuri ED) and then do the true end.

They'll probably do something like this:

Adapt most of Kurisu ED and then the world line shifts and goes to the Vega Altair then do the true ending from there.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Feb 3, 2017 11:37 PM

May 2016
artemisxrpg said:
Just beat the game recently but there are somethings I don't get.
[spoiler]Why does the timeline shift whenever Amadeus Kurisu ends up into someone else hands? The past shouldn't have change.

Those who get their hand on Amadeus will be the one who control time machine.

When they were under attack during they New Year party, who was the women in the suit? Yuki or Reyes? If it was Reyes, was it a coincidence that Yuki hurt the same arm that Suzuha kicked?
It's Reyes, Yuki's bruise was a red herring.

Why does erasing Kurisu's memory from Kagari's brain cause the timeline to shift?

Kurisu's memory contains the knowledge of time machine

If what they did were similar to time leaping, it shouldn't have been possible to send her memory to the past as there would have been no way for her past self to receive it.

It's probably the same as how Nae-chan did the time leap in S;G or how Okabe jumped from 2036 to 2011.

Even if there was, she still has amnesia after the shift.

Not sure what you're trying to say here, sorry.

Why does eraing Kurisu's memory or hesitating to so have different ending?

again, Kurisu's memory is the same as time machine.

In Kagari flashback after the truck scene, was the boy she sat next to Okabe or just some random person?

IIRC it was Okabe. (Not that important anyway or i guess it doesn't matter?)
It can only be Okabe or a red herring. Either ways, it does not affect anything much.

Why does choosing to pick up or reject Amadeus Kurisu call for help affect the outcome? It should still be in the same person's hand regardless of what happens.

Butterfly effect.
If you can accept that a little uppa can cause world war 3 then a short call from Kurisu can also affect okabe way of thinking and acting which can also affect the outcome of who will control time machine.
Kurisu sends a D-mail to so Okabe can go back.
Wouldn't that mean they would be detected by Sern?

They can do it without Sern be able to detected it. It was explicitly mentioned in the series itself.

Why did Amadeus research gets shutdown after the D-mail? Nothing should have change after Kurisu's death that caused people to be complaining about the project.

Sorry I can't really recall this, so i need a little clarification.
Which D-mail? which time line? which chapter?
A little tip, In Beta, every little thing can affect a big picture.

When choosing to delete Kurisu's memory, why does Okabe ends up in 2036? It was 2011 when before the shift, shouldn't he still have ended up in 2011 after? He doesn't get captured until much later down the timeline.

Time skip exist in every narrative style.

Is the event in Drama CD beta in a different worldline than the game? I thought this was how the event was suppose to play out before playing the game. While the result were the same, the way it happened were different.
I don't watch any drama CD yet,
what event are you talking about?
which drama CD are you referring to?
In the true ending, why is Kagari still alive even though she was killed by Moeka?

True End wasn't on the same timeline as Mayuri End.

Did Okabe use the time machine to bring Mayuri and Suzuha from 2011 to 2025?

That was what they said/implied.

Hope this help.
CactiiFeb 3, 2017 11:40 PM
Feb 3, 2017 11:54 PM
Jan 2017
In the Milky-way Crossing ending...
Feb 4, 2017 2:54 AM

Feb 2016
Agung_Fitriawan said:
In the Milky-way Crossing ending...

AquamirrorFeb 4, 2017 3:19 AM
Feb 4, 2017 4:36 AM
Jan 2017
Feb 4, 2017 5:30 AM

Feb 2016
Agung_Fitriawan said:

Feb 4, 2017 5:48 AM
Feb 2013
Why does eraing Kurisu's memory or hesitating to so have different ending?

It doesn't really explain why it would branch off into different endings depending on what you do though. He still erase Kurisu's memories regardless of what you choose to do.

Why did Amadeus research gets shutdown after the D-mail? Nothing should have change after Kurisu's death that caused people to be complaining about the project.

After Kurisu sends the D-mail to return Okabe to the beta worldline. Some sort of divergence caused Amadeus to shut down before it was made public and as a result, Okabe met Maho at the Radio Building instead of the seminar and never became a tester.

When choosing to delete Kurisu's memory, why does Okabe ends up in 2036? It was 2011 when before the shift, shouldn't he still have ended up in 2011 after? He doesn't get captured until much later down the timeline.

I replayed the scene again and Okabe himself said that he only has memories up to January 2011. Daru said that Okabe initially has memories up to the end of the month so it's more likely that his back up didn't restore everything hence why he doesn't remember.

Is the event in Drama CD beta in a different worldline than the game? I thought this was how the event was suppose to play out before playing the game. While the result were the same, the way it happened were different.

Look up drama CD Beta on google, basically it's Mayuri and Suzuha returning to the past to ensure Okabe gets slap. It way it played out was completely different from the game. It came out way before S;0 was even announced.

In the true ending, why is Kagari still alive even though she was killed by Moeka?

Any idea which worldline the True end by any chance. Atm, I'm assuming it doesn't matter as Okabe may have cross through several worldline in order to reach Steins;Gate.

Did Okabe use the time machine to bring Mayuri and Suzuha from 2011 to 2025?

This raises the question though, what happens to them. The time machine Okabe was in is different than Suzuha in that it has a device that allows him to track other time machine so we can assume that he was able to find them. However, Okabe can't return to 2025 or else he would die and Suzuha has been born by this time already so where does that leave the 2010 Suzuha? Okabe himself said he doesn't plan on returning so he might've chose to stay where he was as he had fulfill his goals at this point. Suzuha would need to go to 2025 since without her, Mayuri won't be able to operate the time machine. However, there is a risk of a time paradox if she and the Suzuha of 2025 see each other so it's unlikely that she would stay for long. She could return to her own time in 2036 but there would be no point in doing that, however, if we take into consideration of the risk of a time paradox it would be possible that she doesn't want to risk jeopardizing everything they have worked to accomplished so far.
artemisxrpgFeb 4, 2017 5:57 AM
Feb 4, 2017 8:33 AM

May 2016
artemisxrpg said:

It doesn't really explain why it would branch off into different endings depending on what you do though. He still erase Kurisu's memories regardless of what you choose to do.

You can interpret it as this
hesitating on erasing Kurisu memories or not mean how much affection he still have for her. This would mean it affect his motivation and action after erasing it.
This fit well with the nature of S;G0 itself.
Remember that S;G0's theme is telling us the S;G worldline. Something as miracle as that wasn't exist because of a single choice, not exist just because of a single person create it.
S;G exist because every little things everyone contribute their effort into it.
Now move back to the phone scene
If you take the nature of S;G0 this way, how he hesitating in erasing Kurisu's memory or not can cause a big change does not seem improbable. A big picture/change started with a little one.

After Kurisu sends the D-mail to return Okabe to the beta worldline. Some sort of divergence caused Amadeus to shut down before it was made public and as a result, Okabe met Maho at the Radio Building instead of the seminar and never became a tester.
Maybe you need someone else to help on this. I do remember what scene you're talking about now but not the detail of that scene maybe because I didn't see it as "important". sorry.

I replayed the scene again and Okabe himself said that he only has memories up to January 2011. Daru said that Okabe initially has memories up to the end of the month so it's more likely that his back up didn't restore everything hence why he doesn't remember.

not his back up didn't restore everything but his back up is only up to 2011.
If you're curious why is it only up to 2011?
why the only back up that they have is up to 2011?
why don't they have any back up that far more into future then that?
Well, the only thing i can say for this is it's part of narrative structure.

Look up drama CD Beta on google, basically it's Mayuri and Suzuha returning to the past to ensure Okabe gets slap. It way it played out was completely different from the game. It came out way before S;0 was even announced.

Cool, I'll check it out sometime later.

Any idea which worldline the True end by any chance. Atm, I'm assuming it doesn't matter as Okabe may have cross through several worldline in order to reach Steins;Gate.

Somewhere between Kurisu and Mayuri ending.
Well, seems like you already got it.
The point is, up to 2025, numerous of experiments must have taken place. So it only odd if he was to be in Mayuri Ending timeline.

This raises the question though, what happens to them. The time machine Okabe was in is different than Suzuha in that it has a device that allows him to track other time machine so we can assume that he was able to find them. However, Okabe can't return to 2025 or else he would die and Suzuha has been born by this time already so where does that leave the 2010 Suzuha? Okabe himself said he doesn't plan on returning so he might've chose to stay where he was as he had fulfill his goals at this point. Suzuha would need to go to 2025 since without her, Mayuri won't be able to operate the time machine. However, there is a risk of a time paradox if she and the Suzuha of 2025 see each other so it's unlikely that she would stay for long. She could return to her own time in 2036 but there would be no point in doing that, however, if we take into consideration of the risk of a time paradox it would be possible that she doesn't want to risk jeopardizing everything they have worked to accomplished so far.
[/quote]Probably just like how it works in SG near true end.
Maybe mayuri will come back to 2025 and shuzuha will disappear like in S;G
or both of them jumped to 2025
Nothing wrong with 2 Shuzuha in 2025 consider the existence of Kagari there.
CactiiFeb 4, 2017 8:39 AM
Feb 4, 2017 8:58 AM
Feb 2013

[/quote]Probably just like how it works in SG near true end.
Nothing wrong with 2 Shuzuha in 2025 consider the existence of Kagari there.[/quote]

Well at the end of S;G, Suzuha only disappeared because they successfully changed the outcome. In S;G 0, while they did change things in the past it's simply not big of an impact for the future to change so I doubt Suzuha would simply disappear. If things were that simple, Okabe wouldn't need to go through all this trouble to reach S;G. Regarding Suzuha, they can avoid a time paradox by simply avoid meeting each other just like how Okabe avoid meeting his past self in S;G, however the problem with this is that it only take one little accident to screw things up, I won't deny the possibility though. And as for Kagari, Mayuri haven't adopted her yet in 2025. She's still there because she came in the time machine along with Suzuha and didn't end up like in Mayuri's ending but that's beside the point. The ending is pretty much left up to speculation so unless some evidence that was completely overlooked somehow or they address it in a manga or drama cd, we may never find out the what happens to them. And even if we did, it wouldn't matter since upon reaching S;G, they are overwritten with a new unknown future anyways.
Feb 4, 2017 6:51 PM

May 2016
artemisxrpg said:
Probably just like how it works in SG near true end.
Nothing wrong with 2 Shuzuha in 2025 consider the existence of Kagari there.

Well at the end of S;G, Suzuha only disappeared because they successfully changed the outcome. In S;G 0, while they did change things in the past it's simply not big of an impact for the future to change so I doubt Suzuha would simply disappear. If things were that simple, Okabe wouldn't need to go through all this trouble to reach S;G. Regarding Suzuha, they can avoid a time paradox by simply avoid meeting each other just like how Okabe avoid meeting his past self in S;G, however the problem with this is that it only take one little accident to screw things up, I won't deny the possibility though. And as for Kagari, Mayuri haven't adopted her yet in 2025. She's still there because she came in the time machine along with Suzuha and didn't end up like in Mayuri's ending but that's beside the point. The ending is pretty much left up to speculation so unless some evidence that was completely overlooked somehow or they address it in a manga or drama cd, we may never find out the what happens to them. And even if we did, it wouldn't matter since upon reaching S;G, they are overwritten with a new unknown future anyways.
The thing is, you use Kurisu time-line and Mayuri time line as basic of what suppose to exist in 2025 BUT it isn't.
Existence of Kagari in true end is really important. It tells you that that this world line does not follow those two worldline logic,
Only in Mayuri end that Mayuri jump to the past
Only in Kurisu end that Kagari didn't get plastic surgery and didn't die.
But in true end
Both of conditions exist together.
So

1) In this wordline, chance is Mayuri won't adopt another Kagari
Chance is, Yuki didn't give birth to another shuzuha
Chance is blah blah blah
1) And about Shuzuha paradox, Okabe avoid his past self only because his past wasn't suppose to know about him. That one pastself of him needs to have the same experience as him be able to jump to S;G.
Shuzuha is different. (I could be wrong about this though.)
The one that jump to 2010 radio tower probably wasn't shuzuha from true end wordline.
It's the mission of other worldline shuzuha
(Like Kurisu-Okabe mission is to send D-rine, Mayuri-Okabe is to set up the path, Original-Okabe is to use all that and arrive at S;G) same person, different mission.
If that is the case there's no reason for Shuzuha to avoid her younger self.

2) They could have lie about her being this or that.

3) plastic surgery

4) If you they hide Okabe from the world for 10 years, they can hide shuzuha too.
Feb 4, 2017 8:15 PM
Feb 2013
Cactii said:
artemisxrpg said:

The thing is, you use Kurisu time-line and Mayuri time line as basic of what suppose to exist in 2025 BUT it isn't.
Existence of Kagari in true end is really important. It tells you that that this world line does not follow those two worldline logic,
But in true end
So

Chance is blah blah blah
1) And about Shuzuha paradox, Okabe avoid his past self only because his past wasn't suppose to know about him. That one pastself of him needs to have the same experience as him be able to jump to S;G.
The one that jump to 2010 radio tower probably wasn't shuzuha from true end wordline.
(Like Kurisu-Okabe mission is to send D-rine, Mayuri-Okabe is to set up the path, Original-Okabe is to use all that and arrive at S;G) same person, different mission.

3) plastic surgery

4) If you they hide Okabe from the world for 10 years, they can hide shuzuha too.

I wouldn't say I'm using the basis of Kurisu and Mayuri ending. In order to reach S;G, Okabe may have cross through several more worldline that was not shown. You can't deny the possibility that worldline in the True end which involves Mayuri jumping to the past and Kagari didn't end up being mind control by Leskinen and therefore never had plastic surgery. Also, there are other endings in which Kagari didn't get plastic surgery beside the Kurisu ending. Whether or not that's important is another subject but I just wanted to point that out.

1. Knowing Mayuri and how she is, she would still adopt Kagari even if she knows that they will be overwritten anyways. But then this would mean there are now two Kagari when this time comes, but I'll leave that for later. Also in the true end, the young Suzuha was stated to be hiding behind Yuki when they were recording the videos to be sent so Yuki did in fact give birth to Suzuha. If she didn't, there would be no Suzuha to travel back from 2036 to 2010 in the true end of S;G.
2.If this was true, all he needed was a disguise so his past self wouldn't recognize him. Like a hat and a mask. to avoid his past self, so long as he keep some distance or just turn his back toward his past self it would be hard for him to be recognized. Also, in this wordline it was never stated if Okabe was hiding for 10 years or anything like that. For all we know, he might never come back at all. As for Suzuha, while it is possible that she also hid herself there is no proof that she did so just as there are no proof that she didn't. It's all left up to speculation as I've said before.

Now regarding time paradox, when Okabe made his first attempt to save Kurisu, Suzuha only said that he can't let his past self see him. If his past self simply wasn't suppose to know about him, they could be more flexible and use a disguise which would make it easier for him to move around. It's no uncommon in Japan to wear a mask if you're sick to prevent it from spreading so he could've simply done that along with a hat covering most of his face, his past self wouldn't have even paid attention. The fact that Suzuha didn't suggest that he should've done that probably means that it wouldn't work. As for the issues of have two Suzuha and Kagari, if Suzuha hides herself in the rift of time like Okabe it wouldn't be too far fetched for Kagari to come along with her to avoid the issue either. But again, that's just speculation.
artemisxrpgFeb 4, 2017 8:20 PM
Feb 4, 2017 9:55 PM

May 2016
artemisxrpg said:
Cactii said:
But in true end
So

Chance is blah blah blah

3) plastic surgery

I wouldn't say I'm using the basis of Kurisu and Mayuri ending. In order to reach S;G, Okabe may have cross through several more worldline that was not shown. You can't deny the possibility that worldline in the True end which involves Mayuri jumping to the past and Kagari didn't end up being mind control by Leskinen and therefore never had plastic surgery. Also, there are other endings in which Kagari didn't get plastic surgery beside the Kurisu ending. Whether or not that's important is another subject but I just wanted to point that out.

1. Knowing Mayuri and how she is, she would still adopt Kagari even if she knows that they will be overwritten anyways. But then this would mean there are now two Kagari when this time comes, but I'll leave that for later. Also in the true end, the young Suzuha was stated to be hiding behind Yuki when they were recording the videos to be sent so Yuki did in fact give birth to Suzuha. If she didn't, there would be no Suzuha to travel back from 2036 to 2010 in the true end of S;G.

Ah, i didn't remember about young shuzuha hiding behind Yuki. My bad for this one then.
Ok move on to the next possibility

2.If this was true, all he needed was a disguise so his past self wouldn't recognize him. Like a hat and a mask. to avoid his past self, so long as he keep some distance or just turn his back toward his past self it would be hard for him to be recognized. Also, in this wordline it was never stated if Okabe was hiding for 10 years or anything like that. For all we know, he might never come back at all. As for Suzuha, while it is possible that she also hid herself there is no proof that she did so just as there are no proof that she didn't. It's all left up to speculation as I've said before.
But his past self never saw anyone other than Kurisu at radio tower stair, Even if okabe disguise so his past self wouldn't notice, The existence of another person here itself already contradicted with okabe past memories, thus he need to avoid his past self.
asking for proof of shuzuha hide herself or not here is a fallacy. reverse unfalsibility fallacy i guess.
Yes, there was no mention that Okabe will be hiding for 10 years in True End timeline but that wasn't the point. The point is they(DARU) have the ability to hide them.( either it's okabe or shuzuha)

Another possibility is, even if they don't want to hide Shuzuha, they can just get her a plastic surgery and fabric her background as someone else so the young shuzuha wouldn't know.

If you looking for solid proof then i don't think you get the theme of S;G0 yet, it was never meant to explain itself.
unlike S;G, S;G 0 doesn't move the puzzle pieces into one pictures for us. It gives us the puzzle pieces and let us move it ourselves. That is part of its charm.
Think of S;G worldline, do they know for sure, do they have any proof that the timeline did exist?
do they know for sure that there won't be any world war?
do they know for sure that all of them will survive?
do they know for sure that it will be peace for them?
No, they don't. Okabe said that himself.
they only have theories to back them up. that is the theme of s;g 0.
It conveys that message for us through story and narrative structure.
speculation does not come from nothing. reaching the most probable explanation for all event based on all puzzle piece is our role as reader.
It doesnt need solid proof, in fact, that would only defy its own theme. defy the nature of S;G 0 itself.
S;G 0 wouldn't be as beautiful if it wasn't for this.

Now regarding time paradox, when Okabe made his first attempt to save Kurisu, Suzuha only said that he can't let his past self see him. If his past self simply wasn't suppose to know about him, they could be more flexible and use a disguise which would make it easier for him to move around. It's no uncommon in Japan to wear a mask if you're sick to prevent it from spreading so he could've simply done that along with a hat covering most of his face, his past self wouldn't have even paid attention. The fact that Suzuha didn't suggest that he should've done that probably means that it wouldn't work. As for the issues of have two Suzuha and Kagari, if Suzuha hides herself in the rift of time like Okabe it wouldn't be too far fetched for Kagari to come along with her to avoid the issue either.

Add to what i've already said, IF his past self paid attention, IF it's contradicted with his past memories then everything will be ruined. There more you disguise yourself, the odder you will get, the more you will get attention, the more you will be remembered by someone.

But again, that's just speculation.
That is the theme of S;G0 and as well as the nature of S;G worldline itself.

From the look of it I think you already cleared your doubts. just that you expected it to explain everything explicitly like S;G so you're not satisfied enough.
Good luck.
Feb 4, 2017 10:24 PM
Feb 2013
Cactii said:
artemisxrpg said:

Ah, i didn't remember about young shuzuha hiding behind Yuki. My bad for this one then.
Ok move on to the next possibility

But his past self never saw anyone other than Kurisu at radio tower stair, Even if okabe disguise so his past self wouldn't notice, The existence of another person here itself already contradicted with okabe past memories, thus he need to avoid his past self.
asking for proof of shuzuha hide herself or not here is a fallacy. reverse unfalsibility fallacy i guess.
Yes, there was no mention that Okabe will be hiding for 10 years in True End timeline but that wasn't the point. The point is they(DARU) have the ability to hide them.( either it's okabe or shuzuha)

Another possibility is, even if they don't want to hide Shuzuha, they can just get her a plastic surgery and fabric her background as someone else so the young shuzuha wouldn't know.

If you looking for solid proof then i don't think you get the theme of S;G0 yet, it was never meant to explain itself.
unlike S;G, S;G 0 doesn't move the puzzle pieces into one pictures for us. It gives us the puzzle pieces and let us move it ourselves. That is part of its charm.
Think of S;G worldline, do they know for sure, do they have any proof that the timeline did exist?
do they know for sure that there won't be any world war?
do they know for sure that all of them will survive?
do they know for sure that it will be peace for them?
No, they don't. Okabe said that himself.
they only have theories to back them up. that is the theme of s;g 0.
It conveys that message for us through story and narrative structure.
speculation does not come from nothing. reaching the most probable explanation for all event based on all puzzle piece is our role as reader.
It doesnt need solid proof, in fact, that would only defy its own theme. defy the nature of S;G 0 itself.
S;G 0 wouldn't be as beautiful if it wasn't for this.

Now regarding time paradox, when Okabe made his first attempt to save Kurisu, Suzuha only said that he can't let his past self see him. If his past self simply wasn't suppose to know about him, they could be more flexible and use a disguise which would make it easier for him to move around. It's no uncommon in Japan to wear a mask if you're sick to prevent it from spreading so he could've simply done that along with a hat covering most of his face, his past self wouldn't have even paid attention. The fact that Suzuha didn't suggest that he should've done that probably means that it wouldn't work. As for the issues of have two Suzuha and Kagari, if Suzuha hides herself in the rift of time like Okabe it wouldn't be too far fetched for Kagari to come along with her to avoid the issue either.

Add to what i've already said, IF his past self paid attention, IF it's contradicted with his past memories then everything will be ruined. There more you disguise yourself, the odder you will get, the more you will get attention, the more you will be remembered by someone.

But again, that's just speculation.
That is the theme of S;G0 and as well as the nature of S;G worldline itself.

From the look of it I think you already cleared your doubts. just that you expected it to explain everything explicitly like S;G so you're not satisfied enough.
Good luck.

About the disguise thing, I don't think wearing a hat and mask would make you suspicious. I'm also not suggesting that he would be able to just walk close to his past self thinking he could get away with it easily. What I suggest is merely a mean of precaution he could take. The way I see it, the fact that he didn't even bother with all that shows just how dangerous the mission really is. And lastly, it's not that I expect everything to be explained like in S;G, but it's more like I want to cover all bases. I'm quite aware that it not suppose to be a complete picture. When I mentioned proofs, I was merely pointing out that it was a speculation. There's no proof this happens but there is also no proof that it didn't happen. Basically what was said in the Maho route when Moeka interview her with Okabe's assistance. In other word, anything can happen so long as there is no contradiction. Sorry if it seems like I want concrete proof for every single detail, but if S;G 0 let us form the picture doesn't that mean that having more pieces to work with allows you to form a better picture of what happens? I think it fits S;G 0 well considering how complex it is.
Mar 29, 2017 1:25 PM
Apr 2014
Anybody else here felt like the game might have been rushed and/or unfinished? Considering the DramaCD's that were released BEFORE the game( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-NMIoQMACU and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDMd6_Y9Q8w) and some promotional art and art that are included in the in-game CG gallery but not used in the game itself (examples: https://c5.staticflickr.com/6/5675/29937089404_9aa4cc5d83_z.jpg and http://i2.wp.com/haruhichan.com/wpblog/wp-content/uploads/SteinsGate-0-game-visual-1.jpg), it feels to me that more likely than not, that was the case.

I might be stretching here or I might just be my wishful thinking, but I think originally, there was a major plot point near the end of the game, or even the True route, revolving around Okabe and Amadeus/Kurisu, but it was removed due to time and/or budget constraints.
Which is sad, because Amadeus played quite a large part in the game, but it never actually went anywhere in the game and all the resolutions of plot points concerning her felt kind of half assed to me.
What do you think?
Apr 1, 2017 7:34 AM

Apr 2014
I finished the VN a while back and the only real question I have is about the true end. It takes place in 2025, yet Kagari is shown as an adult... but Kagari was supposed to be a child in 2036. Is it that the Kagari who went back to the past survived as was part of the group? If so, doesn't that directly contradict her death at the end of the Mayuri route? Actually, building on that, does the Mayuri route even lead to the True end?
Apr 14, 2017 8:34 PM

May 2016
DarthBob said:
I finished the VN a while back and the only real question I have is about the true end. It takes place in 2025, yet Kagari is shown as an adult... but Kagari was supposed to be a child in 2036. Is it that the Kagari who went back to the past survived as was part of the group? If so, doesn't that directly contradict her death at the end of the Mayuri route? Actually, building on that, does the Mayuri route even lead to the True end?
True Edning is not on the same worldline as Mayuri Ending worldline, to arrive at true ending, they must have done countless of experiments, it would only be odd if it was still on the same worldline.
Apr 14, 2017 10:46 PM

Apr 2014
Cactii said:
DarthBob said:
True Edning is not on the same worldline as Mayuri Ending worldline, to arrive at true ending, they must have done countless of experiments, it would only be odd if it was still on the same worldline.

That makes sense, but it doesn't really explain Kagairi's appearance...
Apr 15, 2017 8:44 AM

May 2016
DarthBob said:
Cactii said:

why can't "true end is on different worldine" explain Kagari's appearance?
Or more like why does her appearance need an explanation when true end that she exists does not even follow by the worldline which she died at rooftop?
You know if you can accept a steins gate worldline where everyone exist together, I can't see why it is hard to accept a worldline where everyone except Kurisu exist, not to mention it should be the closest worldline to steins gate worldline.
Apr 15, 2017 11:40 AM

Apr 2014
Cactii said:
DarthBob said:

Or more like why does her appearance need an explanation when true end that she exists does not even follow by the worldline which she died at rooftop?
You know if you can accept a steins gate worldline where everyone exist together, I can't see why it is hard to accept a worldline where everyone except Kurisu exist, not to mention it should be the closest worldline to steins gate worldline.

My issue is this:
Kagari should either not exist or be an infant in 2025.
If it was the Kagari that had traveled to the past that appears here, then what happened to the extensive plastic surgery that she had undergone?
Actually, extending on that, who the heck was the 'Kagari' in Recursive Mother Goose? The actual Kagari or a fake? The whole Kagari issue is rather confusing.
Apr 16, 2017 4:23 AM

May 2016
DarthBob said:
Cactii said:

My issue is this:
If it was the Kagari that had traveled to the past that appears here, then what happened to the extensive plastic surgery that she had undergone?
Actually, extending on that, who the heck was the 'Kagari' in Recursive Mother Goose? The actual Kagari or a fake? The whole Kagari issue is rather confusing.
Yeah, but you're not the only one, don't worry, most people who played X-Day protocol first are most likely have the same experience as you.
To answer your question.
'Kagari' in Recursive Mother Goose' is the real one.
In Maho, Kagari and "Kurisu" routes, she manages to escape the Professor's brainwashing before the final step and is normal Kagari.

In Bad End and Mayuri route, the Professor completes his brainwashing and has her undergo plastic surgery to impersonate Amane Yuki. The real Yuki is sent to Europe while Kagari infiltrates the Lab.

Both are the same person but exist on different timeline.
She only had extensive plastic surgery if the professor manage to complete his brainwashing.

That only if you follow Mayuri Ending rule, but that wasn't the case for True End.
Except Mayuri Ending, there's no rule that say she can't exist in 2025.
Let me ask you, if Kagari should either not exist or be an infant in 2025, then what about Kagari in Kurisu Ending? where do you think she supposes to go if she can't exist in 2025?

I answer a similar question here a few posts above, you can check it out first
Start from here and scroll down for more.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1574667&show=50#msg49553488
Feel free to ask more if you're still confused.
Apr 16, 2017 6:23 AM

Apr 2014
Cactii said:

In Maho, Kagari and "Kurisu" routes, she manages to escape the Professor's brainwashing before the final step and is normal Kagari.

In Bad End and Mayuri route, the Professor completes his brainwashing and has her undergo plastic surgery to impersonate Amane Yuki. The real Yuki is sent to Europe while Kagari infiltrates the Lab.

This cleared up most of my doubts. In essence, the Amane Yuki in Maho, Kagari and [Kurisu] routes is the real one, and wasn't actually related to any of the incidents, right? Thanks for the clarification.
Apr 16, 2017 6:27 AM

May 2016
DarthBob said:
Cactii said:

This cleared up most of my doubts. In essence, the Amane Yuki in Maho, Kagari and [Kurisu] routes is the real one, and wasn't actually related to any of the incidents, right? Thanks for the clarification.
Yes, she wasn't actually related to any of the incidents, iirc, she was just there for sake of red herring.
Glad I can help.
Apr 18, 2017 2:09 AM

Sep 2015
ingo505 said:
Anybody else here felt like the game might have been rushed and/or unfinished? Considering the DramaCD's that were released BEFORE the game( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-NMIoQMACU and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDMd6_Y9Q8w) and some promotional art and art that are included in the in-game CG gallery but not used in the game itself (examples: https://c5.staticflickr.com/6/5675/29937089404_9aa4cc5d83_z.jpg and http://i2.wp.com/haruhichan.com/wpblog/wp-content/uploads/SteinsGate-0-game-visual-1.jpg), it feels to me that more likely than not, that was the case.

I might be stretching here or I might just be my wishful thinking, but I think originally, there was a major plot point near the end of the game, or even the True route, revolving around Okabe and Amadeus/Kurisu, but it was removed due to time and/or budget constraints.
Which is sad, because Amadeus played quite a large part in the game, but it never actually went anywhere in the game and all the resolutions of plot points concerning her felt kind of half assed to me.
What do you think?

It's highly possible they rushed it, or cut some parts out, they might have even scrapped entire routes; and I hope that's the case (rather than them just being lazy, or unskilled)... The promotional art is really intriguing, I'd love to know where they were going with it!

Sep 24, 2017 10:51 PM

Nov 2010
PeacefulWard said:
ingo505 said:

What do you think?

It's highly possible they rushed it, or cut some parts out, they might have even scrapped entire routes; and I hope that's the case (rather than them just being lazy, or unskilled)... The promotional art is really intriguing, I'd love to know where they were going with it!

A clear sign that they rushed this nonsense.
Might as well read / spritetulize the amadeus script..

Oct 18, 2017 5:56 PM

Mar 2015
Waiting for the legal loli, the one and only Maho-tan.
Oct 18, 2017 6:00 PM

Jun 2015
OneTrueEmiya said:
Gensan said:
But how can Faris Maho and Moeka fun fit with Kurisu route?
nothing can trigger that event i think
unless maho apartment got attacked
but that would mean there won't be any rounder attack on lab which is part of Kurisu plot.

Ah you're right, rip girls' sleepover ;__;

So it'd just be:

I need to reread S;G0 lol
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Feb 6, 2018 10:15 PM

Jan 2015
I was confused at first like many others, but when I understand that they got the ability to reach out for other world lines, then suddenly, everything makes sense to me. Surely many questions are still remain, but I don't think they matter much, the focus of this sequel isn't about those. I always ask myself when I read S;G 0: "Why isn't this focus on Okabe like the original, what with those unnecessary fan service scenes and information?".

It's already clear that it's not the central focus of S;G 0. S;G 0 chose a different approach to S;G. That's why S;G 0 doesn't clearly show us what the characters do but what the characters want to be. I think it's easier to view S;G 0 from this aspect, you don't take S;G 0 logically like S;G as it's clear that the divergence meter didn't appear in this sequel. Even Okabe admitted himself that it's much more difficult to keep track of the world line & how it changed in S;G 0. It encourages us to view the story from the character perspective, and which that, the stronger the emotion towards them and the story. Which they did it perfectly. So

In the end S;G 0 is not your typical story with a solid plot and a happy ending.

It's a emotional train without break. The lab members from other world lines sacrifice their whole life, knowing they will never reach Steins;Gate line themselves. Surely it's not rational at all, but it shows how great of a character they are. They went through blood and tears together to fight against fate, to give themselves hope to live on.
ColonelRVHFeb 6, 2018 10:27 PM
Feb 15, 2018 10:43 AM

Jul 2009
I've played through the VN a few times. While definitely not bad, it just doesn't live up to the original either.

The main thing is I was expecting it to focus mostly on Okabe's struggles from 2011-2025, but they almost entirely glossed over that era. Instead they focused on the year directly after and Okabe's ptsd.

That isn't bad in it's own right, it's just they seemed to mix a bunch of unnecessary elements to the story for the sake of generating more plot. I just don't understand why they chose to completely dump the Nakabachi papers plot thread from the end of the original series and instead invent an AI program with Kurisu's memories, a Kurisu loli clone and then yet another Kurisu lookalike. The plot threads are just too loosely jumbled together. Lazy storytelling.

Overall I still wouldn't call it bad. I liked seeing a broken Okabe rise from those dark depths and Kurisu was still as cute as ever. Good music too I guess.

With all of that in mind, my expectations for this series is not that high. I just wish the plot was tighter with everything coming together neatly/perfectly by the end like it did in the original series.
Dec 30, 2018 2:01 PM

Aug 2015
Just finished the VN and I have a question: How did Okarin manage to send D-rine from "The Promised Rinascimento" timeline into "Vega and Altair" timeline? He did not just send it into past, but into absolutely different alternative timeline. How? I couldn't find any explanation of this.
Jan 1, 2019 12:30 AM

May 2016
UrbanSpaceman said:
Just finished the VN and I have a question: How did Okarin manage to send D-rine from "The Promised Rinascimento" timeline into "Vega and Altair" timeline? He did not just send it into past, but into absolutely different alternative timeline. How? I couldn't find any explanation of this.

The D-Rine which you receive at the beginning of Vega and Altair is not the same which you send at the end of Promised Rinascimento. The text is the same, but they are different messages. We can see 3 different D-Rines in the VN:
- the one which we send at the end of PR - we don't know where it goes and what will it changes in the past. So it lands in an unseen worldline.
- the on which we receive at the beginning of VA - the origin is unknown. It might be sent from an unseen worldline which is similar to VA or GS.
- the one which Okabe refers to in the true end - the anime gave us some hints about its origin.

The last one might be suprising.

In terms of worldline iteration chronology, the events of the anime takes place between VA and MWC. The anime is not really an adapation, it's like the 8th and final route of the VN.
Steins;Gate 0 is about worldline iterations. You can play 7 different routes in the VN. Every route begins with Okabe fails to save Kurisu, and every route ends with Suzuha traveling back from 2036. When a route ends, a new route starts. Iterate the routes over and over again, until you reach the starting point of the anime. Then the anime will take you directly to the true end, MWC.
The whole point of 0 was that there is countless failed worldlines and futures which needed to reach Steins Gate, because you can't get to Steins Gate directly. You need to try dozens, thousands, or a million times to reach it. So there was many Okabe who tried to reach it, but only the last Okabe (anime Okabe) succeeded. But the other Okabes was also needed for the success.
-
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

103 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 24, 4:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.