Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 5, 2016 12:15 PM

Jan 2016
Why in the absolute hell did he get himself killed in the end. Ignore all the mistakes he made throughout series. He has a huge cult following of people that would die for him and yet just accepting going to jail, he gets himself killed. He doesnt even try to explain his actions, if he went to jail there would be massive riots and a good chance of him being set free. He was basically Jesus to tons of people, most likely his release being based on people destroying japan in riots and or breaking him out of prison. The writer of this series really lost his brain once L died for some reason.
Dec 5, 2016 12:16 PM

May 2014
Nice meme Light got outplayed.....
Dec 5, 2016 12:19 PM

Mar 2016
Light went completely batshit insane at the end, I don't think he was in the mindset to make concrete decisions. He lost. Got what he deserved man.

Most people seem to dislike the ending, I didn't mind it in the least bit. The author is still incredible.
Dec 5, 2016 12:21 PM

Jul 2016
His biggest mistake was picking up the death note
Dec 5, 2016 12:23 PM

May 2014
Rellexia said:
Light went completely batshit insane at the end, I don't think he was in the mindset to make concrete decisions. He lost. Got what he deserved man.

Most people seem to dislike the ending, I didn't mind it in the least bit. The author is still incredible.

Yeah I don't see why everybody hates the ending I thought it was a fine ending for how Light was acting.
How did everyone want it to end? with Light becoming the ruler of the world?
Jul 2018
And your biggest mistake OP was not putting this on the right board. ^^

Sep 2012
No no guys...

Everything was according to keikaku.Death too.

Also nice spoiler topic.
Dec 5, 2016 12:26 PM
Jul 2018
His biggest mistake was starting to do retarded shit after L died.
Dec 5, 2016 12:26 PM

Mar 2016
Gexis said:
Rellexia said:

Yeah I don't see why everybody hates the ending I thought it was a fine ending for how Light was acting.
How did everyone want it to end? with Light becoming the ruler of the world?

From what I've heard a lot of people did want Light to win. I can understand seeing things from his viewpoint early on but once he developed that god complex I didn't really understand peoples defense of his values. The ending probably would have been better if L stuck around for the whole show but I didn't mind the direction they took it instead. I got what I wanted haha.
Dec 5, 2016 12:27 PM
Feb 2015
i dont think you can prevent a shinigami from killing your ass.2nd) the writer wanted to end it with L winning but was forced to keep it going.3rd)the Villian has to lose in this case Light but he didnt lose to N, he lost to melo,L and N together.Without L they would be dead in half the episodes it took to kill L.
Dec 5, 2016 12:28 PM

Oct 2013
Why even argue over this anymore
sure if it had been Code Geass related I would understand but Death Note isn't getting a new anime
or is this because of the fact it broke a record on MAL recently maybe?
Dec 5, 2016 12:29 PM

May 2016
That wouldn't work because they would arrest him in secret and no one would know about it. And although the quality of the show drops a bit after episode 25 it still manages to be a great experience overall. I have no problem with the ending either, I think it fits the series well.
Dec 5, 2016 12:30 PM

Jan 2016
Rellexia said:

Light could have at least thought to get a few people with guns to ambush all of them in there if mikami somehow failed. Why was it so based around the book.
Dec 5, 2016 12:32 PM

Dec 2015
He was too edgy to be kept alive......
Dec 5, 2016 12:33 PM

Mar 2016
kingraptor724 said:
Rellexia said:

Light could have at least thought to get a few people with guns to ambush all of them in there if mikami somehow failed. Why was it so based around the book.

It's been a few years since I watched/read Death Note so I don't remember the details honestly and can't comment on why didn't do this etc. but I do remember he went crazy, was overconfident and it caused him to lose. The majority of anime adapted from source material will follow said source material to completion, unless they run out of material to adapt then they sometimes branch off. It's the way I prefer it.
Dec 5, 2016 12:33 PM

May 2016
kingraptor724 said:
Rellexia said:

The thing is, Light's plan was perfect, he didn't expect Mikami to mess everything up so he didn't take any precautions.
Dec 5, 2016 12:44 PM

Jan 2016
CriticalZ47 said:
kingraptor724 said:

The thing is, Light's plan was perfect, he didn't expect Mikami to mess everything up so he didn't take any precautions.

I mean this is light were talking about, one of the most intelligent young adults in all of japan or some shit. Even a 90 iq person would consider a backup plan
Dec 5, 2016 12:50 PM

May 2016
kingraptor724 said:
CriticalZ47 said:

I mean this is light were talking about, one of the most intelligent young adults in all of japan or some shit. Even a 90 iq person would consider a backup plan

Well, another reason could be that because of his personality and pride he didn't want to go with that kind of plan. I'm sure Light wanted to destroy Near tactically and to him, using such a method to win would not be satisfying, he wouldn't consider it as a win.
Dec 5, 2016 12:53 PM

Feb 2010
this is the WRONG SECTION!!!!

"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Dec 5, 2016 1:01 PM
Jul 2018
His biggest mistake was picking up the death note and eating those potato chipe.
Dec 5, 2016 1:02 PM

Jan 2014
Thanks for the re-run on what happened, kingraptor724.
Dec 5, 2016 1:04 PM

Jul 2009
His biggest mistake was not writing in his name first
Dec 18, 2016 1:23 PM

Nov 2016
I can see what you mean but I doubt they would've revealed Kira's true identity or that he had been arrested for that very reason. Also, since he had killed thousands of people (and it is made obvious in the anime that it was possible to receive a death sentence in Japan) if he had handed himself in to the police he would've certainly been executed anyway. Of course, let's not forget that towards the end he was nuts and probably had lost his last shred of sanity in that last episode so I doubt he was focussed at all on anything logical. When he was frantically running I believe he was just acting on his animalistic instinct to survive because the Light Yagami we knew just didn't seem to be there anymore in those last minutes.

I'm sorry I ranted, I'm just so bored xD Personally, I loved the ending. Especially that comparison scene when he was running away. R.I.P Light

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Boursk - Jun 27, 2007

916 by SnipersKgrooWife »»
Apr 16, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

393 by decco6226 »»
Apr 13, 8:10 PM

» Psychoanalyzing Light Yagami but in gen z slangs

egosumjohn - Mar 31

27 by egosumjohn »»
Apr 10, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - Apr 15, 2009

127 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Does Death Note deserve a remake? ( 1 2 )

Kenny_Stryker - Nov 2, 2017

55 by Absurdo_N »»
Apr 8, 6:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.