Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 13, 2012 7:51 AM

May 2012
Sayonara May! I really liked May she was a great character in the story, hopefully she'll come back! The Epic fight with envy was quite something never would have guessed she would be a small monster like that... Though of first the doctor completely killed her, oh well now May has something to present her clan!
Either way great episode lets see what happens next!
Nov 5, 2012 9:19 PM

Jul 2009
wow the battle against Drachama was too fast O___O

guess Kimblee did creat a bloody crest

wah Ishbala people are still alive and well and scattered all over the country.

Hawkeye seems to be worried now that she knows both King Bradley and Selim are homunculus.

damn i thought that Zampano is such a bastard, guess he was acting huh :P

the fight was awesome, great to see May attacking from a far, but Marcoh did the considerable work :P

i actually thought envy died O____O

so he was just a insect?!?!

ahaha no one cares about Yoki XD

poor Envy trap on that jar :P

Bye Bye May :(

but i think she'll be back along with Ran Fa and Fu!!

damn that lizard guy is still alive all this time O____O

poor Alex XD

being bullied by Olivier :P

damn so that general guy is Homunculus himself??

So Al finally meets HohenHeim!!!!

hehehe Winry seems to be a little jealous about Rose :P

amazing stuff, finally Ed appears next episode!!!!!
Nov 12, 2012 3:22 AM
Nov 2012
she isnt jealous. she was smiling, she was probably reflecting on how she misses him too.

and the armstrong siblings interactions were hilarious. Major may be a tough mother but his big sister is several magnitudes tougher with an additional load of ferociousness

His men and those who know him must be having double takes seeing him like that while realizing just how tough the General is.

and that marriage comment was just asking for it. i really liked the dubbing for this.
Dec 15, 2012 4:11 AM

Jun 2009
And here I thought Zampano had betrayed them. Tadpole Envy was pretty funny.
Mar 31, 2013 4:08 PM
Apr 2012
Last episode i overlooked the fact that Kimblee didn't necessarily have to betray Briggs to create a bloody crest so I expected him to do so. I was pleasantly surprised he didn't and instead led the foolish drachmans to their deaths.
It was a good episode and Zampano's supposed betrayal was done nicely as well as the short battle against Envy. But it's obviously foolish to let a powerful Homunculus like Envy live, even in that form. I expect it to hurt them later on especially since he is only in the custody of May now and i don't think they will let her exit the stage like that. In other words, something will happen and she won't be able to leave to Xing with Envy in the bottle.
Apr 12, 2013 9:46 PM

Aug 2012
Damn, it was kinda satisfying seeing Envy get destroyed like that. And dat cliffhanger. This show seems to really be picking up. I hope it keeps this up.
Jun 28, 2013 8:47 AM

Nov 2012
Feel slightly sorry for Drachma. Olivier said they learnt their lesson but it wasn't Drachma's idea to fight anyway. :( Yes! They finally captured Envy! Let's hope the Emperor of Xing is pleased and May's clan is saved.
Aug 5, 2013 8:11 AM
Sep 2012
Really nice, only annoying thing is Envy screaming during the mine scene, rest was great.

5/5
Oct 24, 2013 4:49 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Words cannot express how deliciously enjoyable this episode was. Seeing Envy literally beaten to being a puny little worm is even better than having him dying.

General Armstrong, I'd gladly marry you if no one else would take you.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 4, 2013 4:08 AM

Oct 2013
surely the worm version of envy has to come back at some point. him latching onto that dude who got denied really hard was classic
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Dec 27, 2013 7:48 PM

Jul 2013
I thought Zampano betrayed them... what a relief .

and look at that insect wormy version of Envy... hahahah

so many artificial humans!! I can totally feel a civil war and a coup coming.
Dec 29, 2013 3:43 PM

May 2013
LOL Envy is such an idiot at the "mine" alchemist site xD

Rose VS Winry hohohoho ;D ;D
but Winry all the way. I would never ship Ed and Rose cuz I don't like Rose lololol
Mar 20, 2014 9:24 PM

Jun 2011
Al and Hhh's reunion, next episode should be good. I like the Armstrong siblings interaction, they were fun to watch. Seriously, that Doc.Marcoh's power felt like an asspull, I mean, if he had that kind of power, he should've told someone, or taught it to Scar, or Al..

Edit: Is Xing not going to play a role in this at all? I am very interested in that country.. and what about Ling? It's been a while since we've seen him.. sigh.. they mentioned Greed in this episode so he should appear soon, but.. ugh..
ToG25thBaamMar 20, 2014 9:27 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 22, 2014 9:41 AM

Jan 2012
Envy was defeated by Marcoh! WOW!
May 16, 2014 4:09 AM

Jul 2013
Dr Marcoh is so awesome! He finally reveals his powers!

I really hope we get to see more of Hohenheim and Greed soon because they're my favourite characters. I'm also loving that Ed has disappeared for now.

Envy's true form was so funny! It suited his name so well because it explained his cause of envy.

The scene where Envy controls Yoki was hilarious! Scar's moment was so funny!

Saying bye to May so early was unexpected. I really thought she'd hang around more.

The ending was so perfect, mainly because General Armstrong was in it.
anime-catMay 16, 2014 4:13 AM
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Jun 9, 2014 11:44 AM

Apr 2012
lol Armstrong family interactions ftw

Jun 11, 2014 12:41 AM

Aug 2013
Gotta admit, I forgot Marcoh was also a state alchemist so when I saw a transmutation circle on his palm I'm like "oh...oh yeah" lol. Does that mean he has the power to stop even Pride?

Nobody cares about Yoki XD! Ah Envy...a big fugly dinosaur thing whose actual form is actually just a tiny lizard thing. Perfect example of compensating for size haha.
xcheeJun 11, 2014 1:20 AM
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 11, 2014 5:41 AM

Jan 2012
"However, I picked my bride myself." Tragic. Fuhrer. :'(

Great episode, tons of stuff happened.

I was annoyed at Zampano and then actually grinned when he said "Shitty acting, huh?" It was nice seeing a tag team and even nicer than Marco, of all people, ended up taking Envy down. It's kind of a ridiculously OP power though, making him more effective than pretty much anyone around? You'd think it would've cropped up before.

I almost can't believe Envy is gone. But the way he melted out was wonderfully gross and it's delicious irony that he actually isn't a big green thing after all. Just a little one that was almost cute. Have to say I'm happy that Mei is making her exit here, though I've warmed up to her.

When Envy tried to take hostage of that greasy sidekick LOL
NinahJun 11, 2014 5:49 AM
Jul 15, 2014 10:01 PM
Mar 2014
nice trap by the chimera envy got destroyed by marco finally envy gets what he deserves. wonder how ed is doing after he repaired himself
Sep 2, 2014 7:11 PM

Jul 2014
I really like how this episode turned out, lot's of interesting new details.
[
Sep 26, 2014 1:27 AM

Jan 2014
Envy gets a little taste of what is to come. I can't wait!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 2, 2014 10:31 PM

Aug 2013
Hahaha.. Winry is jealous. :b
Dec 26, 2014 4:41 PM

Dec 2013
After this really wonder how King Bradly really feels about hes wife, i think he started to feel really human feels.
Dec 30, 2014 3:59 PM
May 2012
Nah, you cool, Zampano.
Badass Marcoh for the win!! Envy, you are just a little shit, huh. I think his true form looks cute. That voice ahahaha.
Scar is slowly leaving the dark side. They have gone separate ways. I will miss May and Shao.
Those things looks like Greed. Winry is jealous.....and Hohenheim just finished washing the dishes ahahaha.
Mar 5, 2015 12:19 PM
Mar 2014
Bey bey May ;'(

Daamn thats one big army they are planning to make.
Mar 24, 2015 7:55 AM

Sep 2014
So annoying May is finally gone. What a relief.
Jul 25, 2015 6:03 PM

Jun 2015
ThreePercent said:
Damn, it was kinda satisfying seeing Envy get destroyed like that. And dat cliffhanger. This show seems to really be picking up. I hope it keeps this up.
Jul 28, 2015 9:47 PM

Oct 2014
Zampano! What a total bro! Envy just got absolutely wrecked, so that's another homunculus gone. Adios to Mei and her panda as well, it would seem. Marcoh and Scar teaming up for good seems pretty cool too. And Hohenheim and Al are about to be reunited! Interesting...

Funny moments with Al calling out Winry's face when Rose said she missed Al, and Yoki not having any friends.
Aug 29, 2015 11:06 PM

Jul 2014
That Armstrong Family part was awesome xD
I wish I were one of 'em :v
Oct 11, 2015 6:37 PM

Jul 2009
It was great! I was really thinking Zampano would betray them, I am glad I was wrong! Great fight against Envy!
Wow! So they are making an army!
Dec 16, 2015 4:47 PM
Nov 2014
Hated to see May go, really liked her character.
Jan 4, 2016 8:32 AM

Nov 2011
Interesting episode, Armstrong and fantastic whenever entered the game. I finally clear the three rules of the alchemists of state.
Feb 8, 2016 7:47 PM

Jul 2013
Okay I didn't expect that they planned to place a trap for Envi. Marcoh was badass in this episode. Envy is a little worm? wtf

Was sad to see May leaving...I will miss her ;_;
Also Scar and Marcoh left the group. Curious about what Scar will do.

Haha at the scene with Mira and Alex Armstrong :D

Wow at that ending scene. All these synthesised bodies, that are really bad news.

Omg Winrys was a little bit jealous when Rose said she wanted to see Ed, of course Al had to provoke her :D

Now Hohenheim finally meets Al. The real war will begin. I AM SO READY FOR THIS!!!!! or maybe not, let's see :P
Natsu88Feb 8, 2016 7:51 PM

Feb 4, 2017 5:24 AM

Jan 2016
lmao so funny seeing the real true form of Envy
seems so inoffensive
Apr 14, 2017 9:58 AM

May 2016
"Rise from your slumber human this is the begin of the end"
nice way to start the next episode enough of this.

This episode was amazing man who would have thought that tiny thing was envy, Marchoh will sure be helpful with destroying the philosopher stones damn that child on envy body who cried that was cruel ;-;
Jun 24, 2017 3:59 AM

Jan 2013
Have a feeling that leaving Envy with May isnt the best idea, he's probably going to come back in his original form later on.

Seems their "immortal" army has been shown to Olivier, guessing that's what the alchemy circle acoss the entire country is made for.
Jul 9, 2017 12:12 PM

Jun 2017
Marcoh was pretty badass in this one.
Feb 22, 2018 9:56 PM

Jun 2017
Marcoh was such a badass defeating Envy in his giant fetus form. I'm not sure if thisis the last we will see of Envy though, since that green thing is him, he might just go inside of another body or whatever.
Mar 14, 2018 3:20 PM

Dec 2009
Marcoh is a beast woah. Took down Envy where everyone else failed.

Everyone is making moves. May is gone from the story. She did what she had to. Scar and Marcoh will be back for the final confrontation. Getting some of the side characters out of the way is a good thing so we can advance the main ones.

Winry jealous of Rose? Ha.
Jan 18, 2019 11:07 PM

Jun 2015
marcoh was a badass in that scene, knew exactly how to take him down. i have the feeling that leaving greed with may isn't gonna go right though, couldn't he just inhabit another body if he were let out of the jar?
olivier has bde
Jan 23, 2019 10:14 AM

Oct 2015
Drachma are a bunch of idiots for taking Kimblee's word for it. He's a fucking state alchemist, even if he says he betrayed them they should've took his words with a grain of salt.

Poor Chimera lamenting Greed's abduction even after all this time. Talk about not being able to move on.

Nice that Zampano didn't betray them. Ishvalans suffered enough as it is, their hiding villages being destroyed would be too much.
Feb 15, 2019 3:23 PM

Oct 2013
Marcoh was awesone in this episode! :)

Slugfish-like Envy is funny, I'm glad he ended like this. I don't like him to be honest.
Mar 25, 2019 3:44 PM

Aug 2007
Omg... the kids just pull out Yoki's hair. I'm dying.

Apr 6, 2019 3:03 AM

May 2016
Envy was thoroughly humiliated by the very humans he looked down upon, getting thrown around all over the place like an insect after he fell for the bait Zamparos set up. I didn't expect him to deal the finishing blow but Marcoh sure was awesome when he destroyed Envy's core. Mei's seat as Emperor is pretty much cemented because she finally has something to present back at Xing.

Armstrong discovers the immortal army Raven has been raving on about all this time and they're as inhumane as it gets.

Hohenheim makes the most unexpected reunion with Al and Winry~

Apr 16, 2019 2:30 PM
Oct 2018
that post credits scene brooooooooooo
Sep 11, 2019 2:08 PM
Aug 2019
So it was all a plan to draw Envy out and expose his true form. Disgusting...

Olivier gets to see the imortal army for the first time
Nov 7, 2019 2:34 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Envy got captured and May is leaving with him.
And that end wow ! I can't wait to see Edward, it's been 2 eps without him
Feb 26, 2020 5:41 PM

Nov 2017
Omd, Dr. Marcoh was the epitome of crouching tiger hidden bad ass this episode.

Hahaha, the Yoki scenes still make me laugh.

I really love Envy. They're my favourite homunculus after all. And their reactions to the land mines were great. They like to put on an air of superiority and it's nice to see the tables turn when their true form is shown
Apr 1, 2020 5:40 PM

Feb 2020
it's a credit to the show that the story is so strong and the characters are all so well developed throughout that there have been two episodes without ed and they were still engaging

al and may are cute!!

CAN'T BELIEVE ENVY IS DEFEATED NOW AS WELL THE SCENE WAS GOOD BUT STILL HE WAS SO COOL but why are his "true" forms so freaky? i liked his human form

i guess that makes (my favourite) two homunculi down so yay for the cause (what's up with gluttony though? is he coming back?)

omg bye may! she was adorable! (also i miss ling/greed and lan fan and fu, i wonder when/if they will reappear?)

love olivier! but wow the military has been creating an artificial army, that's terrifying

now i need to see if ed is ok omg i need to know
Jun 25, 2020 4:06 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
I don't understand why people like Olivier Armstrong so much. She is incapable of seeing things from other people's point of view, extremely bombastic, and cruel to those weaker than her. How on earth does that make her a good character? Applying all of the nasty aspects of toxic masculinity to a female character is not the way you make a strong female character. If it is reprehensible behavior for a man, it is reprehensible behavior for a woman and vice versa.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.