Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 4, 2016 11:07 PM

Jan 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Yeah, Larcade's done. And back to Erza and Irene(and Wendy). And finally their relationship is revealed. Guess mother won out over sister afterall. But Queen of the Dragons? Uh...huh. Well let's see how this goes then...
Dec 4, 2016 11:27 PM

Dec 2015
Mother and daughter eh? I guess next chapter will be backstory time, looking forward to it.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 4, 2016 11:43 PM

Jan 2009
so Eileen is really Erza's mother as expected
Eileen was once the queen of all dragons and she will reveal the mystery behind Erza's birth on the upcoming chapters
Dec 5, 2016 2:02 AM
Feb 2015
The mother part is not really surprising but where did the Queen of Dragon come from. It feels like Mashima is adding this point on a whim as he continues the story.
Dec 5, 2016 2:06 AM

Nov 2011
I got a feeling we'll be seeing more of Irene's past from here.

"I am your mother".
Got a Darth Vader-like moment there.
Dec 5, 2016 2:43 AM

Nov 2013
The scar on the belly gave it away a long time ago ...
Dec 5, 2016 2:46 AM

Mar 2016
Stark700 said:
"I am your mother".
Got a Darth Vader-like moment there.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who did.

Sooooo, well, Irene is Erza's mother, but that's been highly predictable for some time now.
What I'm curious about is that "Queen of the Dragons" thingy.

This is the kind of chapter I'd like to see more often in FT. 4/5.
Next chapter is called "Origin of the Dragons".
Dec 5, 2016 3:16 AM
Oct 2013
5/5 for one reason. Chapter is the final nail in the coffin for people who claimed "Pleasure magic wasn´t sex related". It´s like Mashima made it his obligation to shut those people up and confirm them wrong." Guys it´s not what you think I´m a pervert that´s all!"

Everything else is kinda interesting, but it´s tough to feel any excitment when you know that Irene with all her powers will just get Nakama´d
IsterioDec 5, 2016 3:21 AM
Dec 5, 2016 3:25 AM

Jan 2015
FINALLY. It's finally been revealed who Irene is. I would have been disappointed if she turned out to be anything other than her mother so I'm happy. Irene may not be as bad as she seems. Well, at least I hope so. It would be a bit repetitive considering the Gray/Silver storyline but I want to see a nice mother/daughter moment after how long Irene's identity has been kept a mystery.
But the queen of dragons thing really caught me off-guard. Is Erza going to be revealed to be Acnologia's kid or something, next? Somehow, I don't really like the idea...
ahsinam33Dec 5, 2016 3:36 AM
MALoween 2017 Candy:
Dec 5, 2016 3:35 AM

May 2015
Even Erza is a chosen one now? -_-
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2016 3:51 AM
Jun 2016
Well this was disappointing.

Not even gonna explain how this type of storyline was much better executed with Gray and Sliver.

Which is why by the way Tartaros arc > This shitty excuse for an arc.

I see a lot of BS coming soon, either Eileen is going to be murder by the power of friendship or Ezra will get a new power up or if Hiro goes crazy than probably both. Just end this arc already!

Does anyone feel Eileen was put into the plot without planning feels like a plot device.

Decent chapter 3/5.
Soniclover42Dec 5, 2016 4:04 AM
Dec 5, 2016 3:56 AM
Jun 2016
Isterio said:
5/5 for one reason. Chapter is the final nail in the coffin for people who claimed "Pleasure magic wasn´t sex related". It´s like Mashima made it his obligation to shut those people up and confirm them wrong." Guys it´s not what you think I´m a pervert that´s all!"

Everything else is kinda interesting, but it´s tough to feel any excitment when you know that Irene with all her powers will just get Nakama´d

Dude I've have to make sure I listen to you when you post negative opinions on Fairy Tail. You always turn out right! Screw this arc.
Dec 5, 2016 3:58 AM

Aug 2013
Irene queen of the dragons? Was she the creator of the dragon slayers? If so then I'm guessing Erza is from a time before the Dragon Slayer making her older than Natsu.

Although Acnologia didn't recognise her and she didn't acknowledge knowing him during their battle so she couldn't have been involved in creating him.
Dec 5, 2016 4:03 AM
Oct 2013
zal said:

To be fair, people getting mad over the stereotype of main characters having amazingly awesome parents therefore being destined for greatness are somewhat wrong. It´s basic eugenics, better genes just result in better kids

Harry Potter did it, One Piece didit, Bleach did it, Naruto did it, though that´s a a multi layered one. It started off with Hercules,Superman is the posterchild of all those stories and even Batman does it to an extend, therefore all of them technically are ripoffs of Hercules and Superman.

To this day technically Goku is the only kinda exception to this rule among the big Shounen Manga. His Dad was a lowclass warrior, though still from a warrior tribe with extraordinarily powers and abilties.

Getting mad at Erza for having OP parents is unfair as such a heritage can actually explain her powerlevel.
Dec 5, 2016 4:16 AM

Aug 2008
Well, it was painfully obvious Irene was Erza's mother. The clues were too plain to see.

But Queen of the Dragons? Was she consort with Acnologia, then? So does that mean Erza also has dragon blood in her? This is interesting.
Dec 5, 2016 4:16 AM

May 2016
What if Irene is the ex. Wife of Acnologia?
and what if Acnologia also a Dragneel?
I'm getting serious imaginations like Juvia! (maybe she really could figure this out)
Anyway step by step, Zeref's pride as the main villain in the series is going down.
Dec 5, 2016 4:18 AM

Dec 2013
Finally confirmed that Irene is Erza's mother. Erza's family really is coming out of nowhere. I hope that they actually provide an explanation with how they got separated.
Dec 5, 2016 4:19 AM
Jun 2016
Isterio said:
zal said:

To be fair, people getting mad over the stereotype of main characters having amazingly awesome parents therefore being destined for greatness are somewhat wrong. It´s basic eugenics, better genes just result in better kids

Harry Potter did it, One Piece didit, Bleach did it, Naruto did it, though that´s a a multi layered one. It started off with Hercules,Superman is the posterchild of all those stories and even Batman does it to an extend, therefore all of them technically are ripoffs of Hercules and Superman.

To this day technically Goku is the only kinda exception to this rule among the big Shounen Manga. His Dad was a lowclass warrior, though still from a warrior tribe with extraordinarily powers and abilties.

Getting mad at Erza for having OP parents is unfair as such a heritage can actually explain her powerlevel.

Personally, I hate this trope in anime. Shonen manga is very guilty of this. It takes all the tension away from the story because you know that because of their unfair advantage they will win. Oh, how I would love just to have a normal protagonist. Naruto just become boring when Kishi used this idea. And now Hiro to. Seriously!

Plus like Naruto it feels like it came out of nowhere and how the hell did Acnologia not know about her if she use to be the Queen of dragons.
Dec 5, 2016 4:20 AM

Aug 2008
short_review said:
The scar on the belly gave it away a long time ago ...

Yeah. Given Erza's personality, and Irene's as well, being bone out of caesarean section makes it quite badass and fitting. Actually, I'd even imagine that Irene did the procedure herself lol
Dec 5, 2016 4:28 AM

Jun 2014
Wow Mashima, you definitely had me fooled, there was absolutely noooooooooo possible way I would have ever guessed that Irene was Erza's mother. *sarcastically rolls eyes*

Putting that painfully obvious, not-so-shocking fact aside, I AM interested in the "Former Queen of Dragons" part.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 5, 2016 4:35 AM

Sep 2014
Guess Angel pretty much confirms Lacarde's magic :D
Eileen being Erza's mother such shock, much wow.
Queen of Dragons eh, well that came out of nowhere. Wonder if she's connected with Ancologia or something.
Dec 5, 2016 4:36 AM
Sep 2012
Well quite a chapter. First of all the post Larcade stuff, glad that Kagura and Minerva got their closure, and maybe in the future they could team up, probably not in this arc, I think all of them are done for this arc. Sorano what kind of a dream are you having and about whom? Macbeth, Sawyer, Eric, or even Merody, you have some choices. Nice for Kagura to hope Erza doesn't die, but you know better get the heck out of here before Larcade gets back up. Now if only Minerva can bump into Millanna and she can really wipe the slate clean.

Erza vs Irene, yes that fight is going to look awesome in the anime. Irene is doing to Erza, but Acnologia did to her, and that is not take Erza's seriously and play around with her, you think Irene would know better. It is going to come around to bite her later.

So the confirmation that Irene is Erza's mother, and perhaps Erza hundreds of years ago like the 5 dragon slayers, Erza never took Freed's ruin test, so who knows. Irene queen of the dragons, you can interpret that in may different ways, Irene is a dragon or Erza's father is a dragon. Maybe Irene was a dragon slayer, I still want to know how she got that scar.

My theory Zeref told Irene to have a child as part of his plan, and have a dragon slayer spawn along with the 5 dragon slayers to go to the future and beat Acnologia.

Anyway great chapter, I am glad we finally got the Irene reveal, and also glad that Kagura and Minerva had that moment that I have long waited for.
Dec 5, 2016 4:40 AM

May 2015
Isterio said:
zal said:

That's fine if it is clear from the beginning.

I don't see how them doing it makes it better or worse, it's not even an argument. And in fact I think Harry Potter, Bleach and Naruto have similar issues. The dragon slayers being chosen ones is nota big deal but now even Erza?

One piece did a better job at it since what makes him a chosen one is the will of D and there are multiple people around the world with it.
As for Hercules there are many semi-gods.
Superman is not a chosen one by birth just like Goku.

I didn't get mad, I don't care that much, just rolled my eyes once.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2016 4:49 AM

Sep 2013
I do have to give Hiro some credit on renewing my interest in Erza and Irene storyline. We all figured she could be her mom or sister and now it's confirmed. Now on top of that, she's the Queen of Dragons?

Hopefully the wait is worth it.

4/5- Thank god this wasn't dragged out as long as August, who has yet to get into an actual fight for over a year. I'm tired of hearing how strong he is and at this point, I don't care about him anymore.

Dec 5, 2016 4:50 AM
Apr 2014
yea pretty nice chapter
time for backstory soon
Dec 5, 2016 4:56 AM
Apr 2011
...but is she mother of dragons?
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Dec 5, 2016 4:56 AM

May 2015
So she is Erza's mother...how original...

At least title queen of dragon is promising.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 5, 2016 5:14 AM
Oct 2013
Soniclover42 said:

Personally, I hate this trope in anime. Shonen manga is very guilty of this. It takes all the tension away from the story because you know that because of their unfair advantage they will win. Oh, how I would love just to have a normal protagonist. Naruto just become boring when Kishi used this idea. And now Hiro to. Seriously!

Plus like Naruto it feels like it came out of nowhere and how the hell did Acnologia not know about her if she use to be the Queen of dragons.

It´s pointless to argue that "that" is what takes the tension away from a Shounen.
It´s not the 80´s therefore we won´t get Shounen Manga like Fist of the Northstar or old Jojo´s anymore . We all know the good guys will win in the end regardless of who their parents are.Is it bad that this happens? I mean it´s the Shounen demographic and even Fist of the Northstar had a bittersweet ending without killing it´s main character by the end. Not every Anime can be Cowboy Bebop and the Shounen demographic isn´t the audience for the Song of Ice and Fire (not Game of Thrones, this show became worse than Shounen with it´s writing).

All popular mordern Shounen copy Dragon Ball in some way (yes this includes HxH) because Dragon Ball just changed manga history, this includes the Fairy Tale ending of Dragon Ball. It´s fine calling this trope boring or overused, but it does make logical sense. Guts from Berserk requires a Gorilla for a father and a Grizlly for a grandfather to justify the insane feats he pulls off in within the most critically aclaimed Seinen on this site. Even if his heritage isn´t made a big deal. This is the only logical explanation for Gut´s powerlevel besides "he´s a freak of nature".
Dec 5, 2016 5:23 AM
Jun 2016
Isterio said:
Soniclover42 said:

It´s pointless to argue that "that" is what takes the tension away from a Shounen.
It´s not the 80´s therefore we won´t get Shounen Manga like Fist of the Northstar or old Jojo´s anymore . We all know the good guys will win in the end regardless of who their parents are.Is it bad that this happens? I mean it´s the Shounen demographic and even Fist of the Northstar had a bittersweet ending without killing it´s main character by the end. Not every Anime can be Cowboy Bebop and the Shounen demographic isn´t the audience for the Song of Ice and Fire (not Game of Thrones, this show became worse than Shounen with it´s writing).

All popular mordern Shounen copy Dragon Ball in some way (yes this includes HxH) because Dragon Ball just changed manga history, this includes the Fairy Tale ending of Dragon Ball. It´s fine calling this trope boring or overused, but it does make logical sense. Guts from Berserk requires a Gorilla for a father and a Grizlly for a grandfather to justify the insane feats he pulls off in within the most critically aclaimed Seinen on this site. Even if his heritage isn´t made a big deal. This is the only logical explanation for Gut´s powerlevel besides "he´s a freak of nature".

Very well you have a point. I just find the troope boring that's all. I agree with everything you said.
Dec 5, 2016 5:25 AM

Dec 2015
At least, the reason behind Erza's enormous breasts is finally explained. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 5, 2016 6:00 AM
Dec 2016
No one will ask why wendy say they have the same smell ? Mother and daughter smell diferent right ?
Dec 5, 2016 6:15 AM

Dec 2008
RavenArc said:
No one will ask why wendy say they have the same smell ? Mother and daughter smell diferent right ?

The translation I read said that they have similar scents, not that they're identical. Similar implies they can smell different while being familiar to each other.
--
I'm glad Irene was confirmed as her mother. People were starting to speculate about sisters and that was making me sad ;_;
Need Irene's backstory now.
Dec 5, 2016 6:32 AM
Oct 2013
0ni_Link said:
At least, the reason behind Erza's enormous breasts is finally explained. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RavenArc said:

Wrong translation, the one I read said similar smell.
Dec 5, 2016 6:57 AM
Sep 2014
TehSnawn said:
I do have to give Hiro some credit on renewing my interest in Erza and Irene storyline. We all figured she could be her mom or sister and now it's confirmed. Now on top of that, she's the Queen of Dragons?

Hopefully the wait is worth it.

4/5- Thank god this wasn't dragged out as long as August, who has yet to get into an actual fight for over a year. I'm tired of hearing how strong he is and at this point, I don't care about him anymore.

Yeah, yeah.
You say that about everything then act like a fanboy/girl when Hiro finally acts on it. Stop it.
Dec 5, 2016 7:00 AM

Sep 2014
Not really surprised about the reveal that Eileen is Erza's mother.But wtf?Queen of the dragons?I think there will be a flashback next week.
Dec 5, 2016 7:06 AM
Sep 2014
I like how Mashima just makes his characters apologize for nearly killing someone, then it's all good like it never happened. He did the same with Lucy and Flare. I don't really care, it's just that a few panels to make their tension disappear is lazy and convenient.

I also like how Mashima can pull some random character/title out of his ass and make everyone interested like it's been built up for several chapters. Almost instantly everyone had an interest in Irene when she was first pulled from nowhere. Now everyone can't wait to hear a backstory. Mashima sure is lucky his fans are easy to please. By calling herself the 'Queen of Dragons', it seems Irene has rejuvenated her relevance. GG, Mashima. You manipulate your fans so well. Being a writer, though, I can see through most of Hiro's tactics.

Also, for those talking about my favorite book series, Neville Longbottom could have very well been the boy to kill Voldemort, but the Dark Wizard chose Harry as his adversary.
Dec 5, 2016 7:07 AM

Jul 2016
Isterio said:
Soniclover42 said:

JoJo did the chosen one's like it should be done, they aren't the ones with a great fate. They are cursed by living short lives. Even in SBR Universe they are still getting fucked up consistentlu. Dammit you made me want to read Fist of the North Star again... the Savior of Century's End is one of the most badass characters in all media.

Oh, yeah the Fairy Fail thing. I still expect that the Mary Sue called Erza die a horrible dead. But now she will get a power upp.... dammit.
Dec 5, 2016 7:10 AM

Jan 2016
I even forgot Erza had another weapons other than that piece of shit kimono that doesn't protect anything
Dec 5, 2016 7:14 AM
Nov 2016
Holy Shit. I am so happy right now. My mother-daughter fantasies about them finally came into fruition. I can't contain myself (PLS... SOMEONE MAKE SOME YURI DOUJINS About them. It's gonna be hot hot hot). Thank you Mashima for confirming that Eileen/Irene is Erza's mom. You know how to please your fans ;)

Eileen is now confirmed as one of the hottest MILFs in the animeverse/mangaverse.
Dec 5, 2016 7:44 AM

Oct 2015
So.. If Irene is Erza's mother, then why did she say this?

chapter 507 last page. Was that a mistranslation? The mangaka made a mistake? Or it's just some kind of poetic way of saying that they're mother and daughter???

Does anyone know who are still alive(or able to fight at all) from the enemies by the way? I know Acnologia, Irene, Zeref, (Brandish and the other chick seem like they're good now)
Dec 5, 2016 8:03 AM
Nov 2016
tkrisz2 said:
So.. If Irene is Erza's mother, then why did she say this?

chapter 507 last page. Was that a mistranslation? The mangaka made a mistake? Or it's just some kind of poetic way of saying that they're mother and daughter???

I have a lot of hunches about that dialogue:

1.) Your statement could be right, It was just a deep/stylish/poetic way of conveying Irene's philosophical dialogues in regards to her daughter, Erza.

2.) Erza is an experimental artificial baby taken off from the cells/genes of Eileen. Hence, the scar and that dialogue. Eileen sees Erza as one of her creations that's why she said that. Also technically becoming her mom. (I hope this doesn't happen though, I don't want this)

3.) Mashima is trolling. This scene wasn't related in any way. Eileen is Erza's biological mom. Erza could either be half breed (half human, half dragon) since her mom is the 'Queen of Dragons" like what most people are predicting or just plain humans (Eileen being regarded as queen because of her intense power making the dragons respect her)
Dec 5, 2016 8:05 AM

Sep 2013
Irene is the dragon queen and erza's mother XD
Her dad will be igneel and she will be natsu sister :)
Dec 5, 2016 8:27 AM
Oct 2013
SilverDio said:

JoJo did the chosen one's like it should be done, they aren't the ones with a great fate. They are cursed by living short lives. Even in SBR Universe they are still getting fucked up consistentlu. Dammit you made me want to read Fist of the North Star again... the Savior of Century's End is one of the most badass characters in all media.

Oh, yeah the Fairy Fail thing. I still expect that the Mary Sue called Erza die a horrible dead. But now she will get a power upp.... dammit.

Well Jojo´s involves the chosen one plotline in the slightest of sense.
It´s just the vanilla plotline of good vs Evil where good triumhps.
There is nothing else towards the chosen one plotline.
Without going into detail, you could argue that the series established the awesome parent/bloodline trope" from Jonathan onwards. The whole chosen one thing however is barely existent within the franchise. Every Jojo has a threat to face that comes into his life due to fate(Hirohiko Araki) and he handles it with the superhuman abillities he gained because of Jonathan´s bloodline.
At least till part 4 those abilities are around equal with what the villains have, a staple within Shounen writing.

But I disagree with considering the Jojo´s bloodline as fucked.
Joseph lived into his late 70´s a more than comofortable life, they are also all rich due to their heritage and due to Speedwagon. Also their lives although full of challenges are always exciting.

Part 6 being the ultimate exception towards any ending in any media. (Please no spoilers I made this mistake with part 6 and I only watch the Anime).
IsterioDec 6, 2016 5:06 AM
Dec 5, 2016 8:34 AM

Nov 2013
- Erza your father was a dragon !
- Please stop puting dirty images in my mind ! Go away !
- And he had a huuuuuuuuge ...
- SHUT UP ! !
Dec 5, 2016 9:19 AM

Feb 2012
A very good chapter in the standard of this Manga.
Dec 5, 2016 9:31 AM
Dec 2016
eileen is queen of dragons Acnologia king of dragons also igneel was also king of dragons maybe one of them could be erza father i need more of this but have to wait a week
Dec 5, 2016 10:56 AM
Jan 2015
blfan said:
So the confirmation that Irene is Erza's mother, and perhaps Erza hundreds of years ago like the 5 dragon slayers, Erza never took Freed's ruin test, so who knows.

Freed's runes only affected Natsu and Gajeel because they had the dragons inside their bodies, which means that they could pass through Freed's runes if the dragons weren't inside them. So although from the past, they haven't been living for a hundred years yet.
Dec 5, 2016 11:07 AM

Oct 2015
OMG THE FORMER QUEEN OF THE DRAGONS ? i kinda sensed Erza was a special being (i thought she was the one who's going to save Natsu in the end or something like that since she and Natsu has special friendship) but i never thought she was the dragons princess lol

Eilene nor Acnologia showed any signs of knowing each other when they fought, so that means that she was the queen before Acnologia becoming a dragon slayer ? or was he the one who slayed the former dragon king but didnt met Eilene in the past that's why she wants revenge ? dont worry Natsu is going to do the revenge for u so rest a ease :P

since there's a dragons topic in this fight, i dont think this is going to end well, Either Natsu's going to interfere or it's going to be the real King Acnologia himself
Dec 5, 2016 12:37 PM
Oct 2010
AYYYYYYYYY dat last page. holy crap.
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Dec 5, 2016 12:39 PM
Jul 2016
Ehh not suprised that they are mother and daughter i was sure it come out like this queen of dragons .....ok lets see how this will turn out it seems we will have some background story
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 244 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wasabi - Jul 22, 2011

69 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 234 Discussion ( 1 2 )

smokes - May 16, 2011

51 by aod-kun »»
Mar 16, 10:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.