Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 4, 2016 7:43 PM
Jun 2009
zcv45 said:
FlareKnight said:

I wonder if people watching this show would read a history book and think WW2 had bad writing :)? This guy is doing a much better job than Hitler ever did in handling a war of this scale. Pressure the western side of Europe, work to get them to give up, and then focus on Russia. Sure he has some nice tools Hitler never had, but he's doing it a lot better regardless. I'm not sure what anyone on his side has to complain about right now. They are winning spectacularly and even after Sophie dies they've got such a commanding edge over the rest of the world that...they really could take it over.

Well Hitler did pressure Britain to make peace(which is more likely than surrendering) after fall of France. Britain was pretty adamant on not giving up. Hitler's invasion plan on Britain would of never worked. In fact unless there is some really genius plan, I doubt Germany could of ever done Britain in. Maybe starve them with a massive U-boat campaign? but that was very unlikely since Germany didn't produce enough U-boats and the British had a lot in developing counter-measures as evidence in the later years.

Hitler had nothing to pressure the West with outside of taking over mainland Europe.
Germania in the series have a magical nuke and science more advanced than modern day in terms of biology. Aerospace technology is at least 5 years more advanced due to use of V1s and many more advantages

Only when battle of Britain failed did Hitler shift his attention to the Soviet Union. It wasn't much of a two front war if you exclude North Africa since Mainland Europe is pretty much secured. It was plenty reasonable to shift focus since Britain and shown they won't give up.

He isn't anymore skilled than Hitler was in really anything(at least he isn't shown to be)
he simply has the assets to win. We all know he is going to lose though which puts him on a potentially even worse spot than Hitler's failure :/

It is expected from people in MAL to think this NotHitler is better than Hitler. I know not anyone is into history but if you are watching an anime that is based on WWII then you should know something about it more than reading propaganda and oversimplified stuff they teach in school. German had to face serious problem with resources and materials very early in the war. Their intelligent agency was a failure and got led around by UK. NotGerman do not seem to suffer from these things at all and somehow got a lot of great toys that can turn the tide of battles with few loses.
Dec 4, 2016 10:50 PM
Mar 2015
Am I the only one who thinks Izetta is in an emotionally abusive relationship?
Dec 4, 2016 11:25 PM
Jul 2009
voice_enable said:

No one is trying to abuse her. The problem is herself. She has so little self-esteem and worships Fine so much that she has centered her whole life around the princess.

I was hoping she would grow out from this. I thought she would get more self-assured and would eventually stop defining her life around Fine so much. But now it's clear the staff were never interested in developing her character.
1idd0kunDec 4, 2016 11:41 PM
Dec 4, 2016 11:53 PM

Jun 2014
1idd0kun said:
voice_enable said:

No one is trying to abuse her. The problem is herself. She has so little self-esteem and worships Fine so much that she has centered her whole life around the princess.

I was hoping she would grow out from this. I thought she would get more self-assured and would eventually stop defining her life around Fine so much. But now it's clear the staff were never interested in developing her character.

Izetta was basically a hobo girl who would've been killed like a dog if it wasnt for Fine. Its not surprising for her to be so dedicated. Its all in the name of luuuurrve..
Dec 5, 2016 1:01 AM
Jul 2009
ramenshoujo said:
1idd0kun said:

Izetta was basically a hobo girl who would've been killed like a dog if it wasnt for Fine. Its not surprising for her to be so dedicated. Its all in the name of luuuurrve..

You can be dedicated and loyal to someone and still be your own person. Izetta isn't, and didn't get any character development either so she just stayed like that the whole time. Would have been really nice seeing her slowly growing as a person and coming into her own, but the writing was shit and the potential ended up wasted.
1idd0kunDec 5, 2016 1:13 AM
Dec 5, 2016 2:05 AM
Mar 2016
Izetta is fifteen? Then it can be understandable, why she so mindlessly devoted to Fine. Teenagers maximalism and stuff. And childhood trauma, pretty big deal. Hope she will get better.

"Sofie - why you do this to Britania? You involved yourself with humans deals so hard now. Ok, Germania resurrect you, but now they using you without anything giving instead. Go destroy Eylstadt and go sleep."
Sofie now had almost zero motivation, I was afraid that this will happen.

Volga federation? Hah, nice name. I do not think that confrontation with them will be shown, only two series left, and many events must happen (at least one more Sofie Izetta fight).

Berkman, what do you think about in palace? Is he gone forever? Was fine character.

Series probably end sadly, but what exactly will happen? There is many possibilities, bad that mostly they are dumb.
Dec 5, 2016 2:08 AM
Jul 2009
Ollleksa said:
Izetta is fifteen? Then it can be understandable, why she so mindlessly devoted to Fine. Teenagers maximalism and stuff. And childhood trauma, pretty big deal.

Lost of emotionally-wounded anime protagonists are around that age, but they still get developed and get over their issues in most cases. Her age is not excuse for lack of character development and growth.
1idd0kunDec 5, 2016 2:16 AM
Dec 5, 2016 2:36 AM
Mar 2016
1idd0kun said:
Ollleksa said:
Izetta is fifteen? Then it can be understandable, why she so mindlessly devoted to Fine. Teenagers maximalism and stuff. And childhood trauma, pretty big deal.

Lost of anime protagonists are around that age, but they still get developed and get over their issues in most cases. Her age is not excuse for lack of character development and growth.

You are right, but I thought that she had 17+ years, and in that case it could be even worse. But not every character must develop. Sometimes, everything is all right (for story) without any changes, but I understand why it jitter people.

One more thing that can be used as excuse about Izetta (but not about anime), that almost everybody around Izetta devoted hard to something too. Fine - devoted to Eylstadt, soldiers - to Fine Eylstadt and Izetta. How can you get self-esteem when everyone who you know, had little of his own?

Looks like "mindlessly devoted to something" is the only thing needed to be "good guy" for creators of anime. Bad thing - they looks dumb.
Dec 5, 2016 2:55 AM
Jul 2009
Ollleksa said:
1idd0kun said:

Lost of anime protagonists are around that age, but they still get developed and get over their issues in most cases. Her age is not excuse for lack of character development and growth.

You are right, but I thought that she had 17+ years, and in that case it could be even worse. But not every character must develop. Sometimes, everything is all right (for story) without any changes

It's fine not to develop your characters if they don't need it, if they are already self-actualized from the get go. This isn't one of those cases though. Izetta has a lot of unresolved emotional issues. If she never overcome them, never grow, and then die, what is the point? It's a pretty meaningless storyline.

Ollleksa said:
How can you get self-esteem when everyone who you know, had little of his own?

Fine has more than enough self-esteem. She's devoted to her people but she's still her own person. Izetta's case is totally different even if it looks somewhat similar.
1idd0kunDec 5, 2016 3:17 AM
Dec 5, 2016 10:50 AM

Dec 2009
Is it just me, or does Sophie look like Mao (Code Geass)?

mozgow said:
FlareKnight said:
I wonder if people watching this show would read a history book and think WW2 had bad writing :)? This guy is doing a much better job than Hitler ever did in handling a war of this scale. Pressure the western side of Europe, work to get them to give up, and then focus on Russia. Sure he has some nice tools Hitler never had, but he's doing it a lot better regardless. I'm not sure what anyone on his side has to complain about right now. They are winning spectacularly and even after Sophie dies they've got such a commanding edge over the rest of the world that...they really could take it over.
That's exactly what I was thinking while watching this episode. Proper use of V1 rockets against Eylstadt, then used them in great numbers (and imbued with magic) to bring terror to Londonium. Proper plans for the war - defeat allies first, then Volga Federation and finally United States of Atalanta. And then Germania will rule the world :-)
Well, there were a million more factors in play during the WW's that most people would have no knowledge of, which acted as force constraints. I'm pretty familiar with working with extremely sophisticated tactics/strategy, and this series is not that spectacular in that regard, though it is quite good.

Speaking about weapons, are Germanians creating a magic-equivalent of nuclear weapon ?

I'm still wondering when the USSR is going to play a role... At that point in time, everyone was working on a super-bomb, the USA just got to it first; Russians close behind.
GenesisAriaDec 5, 2016 10:54 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 5, 2016 12:24 PM

Dec 2009
The thing that shocked me the most this episode was learning Izetta was only 15.
Dec 5, 2016 12:51 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Damm the country has fallen
what a sad sight

secret passages are a must within a palace lol
its nice to see that Fine cares about the lives of her people
and her retainers though. This trait of hers i really admire

looking forward to the episode where Izetta can wipe that damn smirk off
Sophie's face by crushing her

Without Izetta who was the cornerstone of their defense
the defenses just can't hold

nice to see the Royal guard and the regular army spring that ambush though
but man that fighter pilot was brave despite knowing that he will die
once he reveals himself

the air to air battles though was surprisingly good
so far we only seen the germanian fighters attacking
nice to see them being on the defensive

being kind to others will always cause those that you helped
to help you back but man those soldiers are brave

and seeing the civilians arming themselves as well
thats something
so that was Lotte's family then eh

Sophie really has a attitude problem doesn't she
but man Berkman losing his most effective weapon that he helped developed
as a reward. Can't see him taking that

but with the forbidden stone
won't that effect Sophie as well since it drains her life
glad that Izetta was able to regain consciousness though

its nice that they found that base in the alps
this will be their base until they can deal with that witch
Its nice to see that Fine is readily admitting her mistakes
but the responsibility is not hers alone

so thats why Sophie hates Fine's kingdom so much eh
because of her ancestor and her actions eh

missile launching with magic eh
but man thats a lot of missiles
that scene though with that many missiles and fighters was well executed

so thats why Izetta lost
Sophie had drained all the magic from the area beforehand

so Sieg's family took part in the persecution of the white witch
well it looks like Britannia will fall soon as well
mass produced clone bodies eh
well if they succeed then the white witch will be truly invincible

seeing Izetta like that really makes you sad
damn you Sophie

Damm thats some tall conditions for peace
but as it stands the allies will be forced to accept it
its nice to see the story is still following ww2 with the invasion of Russia
planned as well

though Elliot looks far from pleased here
its nice to see that even now Izetta's love and respect for Fine hasn't changed
hmm so Sieg had the other half of the magic stone eh

now there's a game changer there

Great episode as always but seeing Izetta like that and the country fallen really makes you sad. Can't wait to see Izetta beat Sophie and wipe that smirk of her face.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2016 5:41 PM
Dec 2016
Fine x Izetta is the best pairing in this term animes.
The website where great fanarts are collected is disapppered that someone uploaded lastweek so I upload again.
http://aniex.net/tag/izettacollection/
This is a my best shipping art I found here

tasmanian_otakuDec 5, 2016 5:52 PM
Dec 5, 2016 6:37 PM
Nov 2012
Wait, she's fkn 15, really, she looks like 19-23+gigantic knockers , anime and ages, ik they are trying to appeal to younger audiences, but please, keep ages realistic
Dec 6, 2016 12:53 AM
Mar 2012
swordsmithing said:
Smudy said:
Did Sieg really just pull that thing out of nowhere? No way, you can't just do that, writers. I hope, there's a good explanation for why he has the other half.
My thoughts exactly. This show pulls so many plot conveniences out of nowhere, with little to no explanation.

It was obvious Muller had something important (& half stone was the only possibility) in that pouch ep9, on top of the diary. He didn't explain how he got half but might be just part of his ancestry from the original prince.

Dogfight & drones had nice fight, otherwise kinda bored. Seems Sophie won't last long. Lol she dissed "manwhore".
Dec 6, 2016 2:12 AM

Jul 2016
I like how people are acting like Germany never attacked London in real life...

This Hitler is no better than the first one. Is about to go full retard and attack on two fronts just like the original.
Dec 6, 2016 4:28 AM

Jul 2014
GenesisAria said:
Well, there were a million more factors in play during the WW's that most people would have no knowledge of, which acted as force constraints. I'm pretty familiar with working with extremely sophisticated tactics/strategy, and this series is not that spectacular in that regard, though it is quite good.
I know there were many more factors in play during our WW2 (someone already posted some of them) but it seems there are few (if any) that are still in the play in this version of WW2.

I can't say much about tactics/strategy, as I do not know much about it, but I'm enjoying this aspect of the anime too.

GenesisAria said:
I'm still wondering when the USSR is going to play a role... At that point in time, everyone was working on a super-bomb, the USA just got to it first; Russians close behind.
I doubt there was communists revolution in Russia (or maybe it failed) as it's called Volga Federation, and federation implies voluntariness. Regardless of the origin of this version of Russia, maybe allies will convince them to declare war against Germania?

As for the new big-bomb, it seems Germania is the closest one to creating one.
Dec 6, 2016 4:51 AM

Dec 2009
@mozgow
I dunno if Russia is expanding in this timeline, but the Reich provoked the USSR (though it was inevitable, they were expanding towards eachother) and got the undesirable attention of the beast.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 6, 2016 2:20 PM
Mar 2012
swordsmithing said:
gophercg said:

It was obvious Muller had something important (& half stone was the only possibility) in that pouch ep9, on top of the diary. He didn't explain how he got half but might be just part of his ancestry from the original prince.

Dogfight & drones had nice fight, otherwise kinda bored. Seems Sophie won't last long. Lol she dissed "manwhore".
Fair enough, but I don't think we knew his ancestry until this episode (I could be wrong), so it still feels like it was pulled from nowhere. That wasn't the only convenience this episode anyway; there are plenty throughout the show.

I'm more bothered why he hid the pouch/diary secret in ep9. It could've helped Izetta fight or even overturn their defeat.
Berkman is annoyingly omniscient & op (besides billion dollar decoys), still bit better than an op mc.
Dec 6, 2016 5:07 PM
Nov 2014
Smudy said:
Did Sieg really just pull that thing out of nowhere? No way, you can't just do that, writers. I hope, there's a good explanation for why he has the other half.

it is a philosopher's stone, it can do anything.

Or maybe he took it from his mouth or stomach.
Dec 7, 2016 6:32 AM
Jan 2016
mozgow said:
I doubt there was communists revolution in Russia (or maybe it failed) as it's called Volga Federation, and federation implies voluntariness.

German Democratic Republic doesn't sound too communist either. And they worshipped Stalin till the end, even after he was denounced by Khrushchev.

As for the episode: I see a bitter-sweet ending coming. Which I don't mind, but they could have developed Izetta's character more. Maybe than I would've actually cared about what happens to her.
Dec 7, 2016 12:22 PM

Jun 2015
I close to the end of the ep and Izetta was talking about how she made (her gf) cry and I was just thinking..."Sophie only has half of the stone....where would the other half be?" And then that ponytail guy (forgot his name) mentioned that there was a way and I was like "I KNEW IT!"

But now I'm like...it's kind of predictable, but a battle between witches I'm looking forward to. Also...I think this is the death flag for Izetta but what do I know.
Dec 7, 2016 9:07 PM

Jun 2013
Damn, Yall are harsh, i thought this was a good episode.
Dec 8, 2016 12:30 AM
Dec 2013
I had a feeling he had one of those crystals.

Izetta and Sophie are probably gonna take one another out and set the rest of the world back on course.

Maybe Izetta will somehow survive and lead a happy yuri filled life with the princess or whatever, but this is turning out close to what I expected.
Dec 8, 2016 3:30 AM
Aug 2015
So... Izetta's spine obviously broken... Finé about to give up... Müller offering the other part of the stone (I was so sure he had it) ... Izetta in distress... and the German's with an A-Bomb and a clone factory...

I see it coming.. Izetta riding the wheel chair of doom going rampage off to the march of revenge...
Dec 8, 2016 8:21 PM

Jan 2013
So there is still the other half of the stone.
Izetta still has a chance, since that another witch is almost dead.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 11, 2016 10:03 AM

Jul 2008
I sense many deaths come the last episode.
Dec 13, 2016 1:24 AM

Apr 2015
that Otto guy is too greedy...
Dec 17, 2016 7:21 PM

Jun 2013
I'm not sure if I understand it correctly but I guess Sophie is related to the witch that had an affair with that prince?

She's a clone and will not last long at all.
臭い-
Dec 18, 2016 7:32 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Izetta is rescue!!! But the castle is fall by the germans!!! ; _ ;

This episode is a prelude, information about all the army stragegy and about the next lasts two episodes, when the wars is begin to start!!!!

Izetta, will she takes the red stone?? The normal is yes, takes it, but i prefer that not!!! ; _ ;
Dec 22, 2016 2:58 PM

Oct 2008
So there's the other half of the witch's gemstone that would make Izetta so super saiyan and be on par with Sophie! Imminent clash is about to begin!
4/5.

Dec 23, 2016 3:05 PM

Sep 2015
soluuloi said:
zcv45 said:

Well Hitler did pressure Britain to make peace(which is more likely than surrendering) after fall of France. Britain was pretty adamant on not giving up. Hitler's invasion plan on Britain would of never worked. In fact unless there is some really genius plan, I doubt Germany could of ever done Britain in. Maybe starve them with a massive U-boat campaign? but that was very unlikely since Germany didn't produce enough U-boats and the British had a lot in developing counter-measures as evidence in the later years.

Hitler had nothing to pressure the West with outside of taking over mainland Europe.
Germania in the series have a magical nuke and science more advanced than modern day in terms of biology. Aerospace technology is at least 5 years more advanced due to use of V1s and many more advantages

Only when battle of Britain failed did Hitler shift his attention to the Soviet Union. It wasn't much of a two front war if you exclude North Africa since Mainland Europe is pretty much secured. It was plenty reasonable to shift focus since Britain and shown they won't give up.

He isn't anymore skilled than Hitler was in really anything(at least he isn't shown to be)
he simply has the assets to win. We all know he is going to lose though which puts him on a potentially even worse spot than Hitler's failure :/

It is expected from people in MAL to think this NotHitler is better than Hitler. I know not anyone is into history but if you are watching an anime that is based on WWII then you should know something about it more than reading propaganda and oversimplified stuff they teach in school. German had to face serious problem with resources and materials very early in the war. Their intelligent agency was a failure and got led around by UK. NotGerman do not seem to suffer from these things at all and somehow got a lot of great toys that can turn the tide of battles with few loses.

Failure of German intelligence have nothing to do with Hitler. Resources is always an issue based on their geography. This guy happens to have better intelligence team have nothing to do with his ability as a leader. Neither is resources.

And with the geography being practically the same, "nothitler" as you call him(which I think is pretty clever so I'll use it from now on) should be going through the same problems, except this is never mentioned in the anime. You can't assume they are or are not having that issue. Germany didn't suffer much supply problems as of yet anyways. It is in late 41' when the first signs of lack of resource starts to pop up when Germany goes in to North Africa in full force. Though Rommel was very aggressive, while effective he had poor resource management and for some reason didn't understand Germany prioritized reinforcements to the Eastern front. Though North Africa is actually pretty important and high command didn't realize that until it was too late.

Furthermore, German codes weren't cracked until mid-1941 either. Based on the timeline, none of these events are actually happening in the anime and even if it is, not long enough to become a noticeable problem.

NotHitler simply haven't done anything that proves he is better than Hitler.
zcv45Dec 23, 2016 3:14 PM
Dec 26, 2016 3:12 AM

Nov 2011
Here comes again an interesting episode and well done on the script level, but definitely wrong under the plan of directing, as regards the timing of the events. During the narration some questions pile up, he hoped they all clarified in the future. Drawings and animations, sufficient. Excellent but the soundtrack. The end, do well understood, what will be the possible outcome of this story.

mozgow said:

Speaking about weapons, are Germanians creating a magic-equivalent of nuclear weapon ?

I also believe in a nuclear bomb in a magical version.
Dec 27, 2016 7:01 AM

Mar 2016
ichii_1 said:
Fine is fine too but Fine doesn't want izetta to hurt herself anymore.
Okay did you do that on purpose?
No seriously.
Dec 31, 2016 4:59 PM

Feb 2013
Well, it didn't take long to rescue Izetta... I guess I was hoping she would be captured for a while. Can't say I'm surprised about the other half of the stone showing up (or the one that had it).

So what's this madman's motivation to control the world anyway?
Jan 6, 2017 4:37 AM

Mar 2015
Who needs Adolf when you've got the emperor
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 27, 2017 10:37 AM

Jul 2009
Poor Izetta! Sophie really have to lot of hate against the city.
Sep 19, 2017 4:58 PM

Aug 2015
It's amazing how they adapted the stories of the wars that we went through for this anime. I don't believe that Izetta will corrupt herself to save Eylstadt ;-;.
Sep 21, 2020 12:36 PM
Oct 2019
I figured using her power was eventually going to kill her. That's why she kept sleeping after killing all those Nazis in earlier episodes. But now with her own half-rock, I definitely think she dies. Her and other witch go out together. No more witches. No more Nazis.

Glad this is almost over.
Jun 23, 2021 1:55 PM
Apr 2019
Yeah not as much enjoying as I was at the beginning... too many convenient shits happening and we're barely getting into Fine or Izetta's mindset.... its become predictable and erecting a barrier between me and having fun
Sep 1, 2023 10:44 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I knew he'd have the other half. Of fucking course he did.

I'm getting slightly bored and not interested in Sophie or her revenge plan.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2016

136 by Cyroro »»
Yesterday, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2016

314 by parzxval »»
Mar 12, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2016

125 by Fentanylfloyd »»
Mar 6, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

213 by Muow »»
Feb 8, 8:34 AM

» Queerbait or straight up lesbians

a0t3a - May 4, 2021

4 by N3rdieBirdie »»
Feb 6, 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.