Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 3, 2016 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
In terms of warfare, they animated the dogfight rather well imo in relation to the ongoing war conflict. In addition, news of Izetta's defeat spreads...which imo is used as a psychological weapon by Germania.

The White Witch and Germanian forces really picks up their strategy and launch their forces. Seems like they're engaging in all-out war with confidence. Pretty tense episode although the direction of the story is pretty predictable. At least Izetta survived and is recovering (nope, of course she didn't die). I feel bad for her though, she's just trying to help D:
Dec 3, 2016 7:55 AM
Jul 2009
What a piece of shit. I guess there's no saving this anime anymore.
Dec 3, 2016 9:07 AM
Apr 2016
1idd0kun said:

There never was. This had it's shine 10, maybe 5 years ago. Now, this is obsolete.
Re:formed
Dec 3, 2016 9:11 AM

Sep 2015
a
the happy ending is coming. Now let's hope that it will be good at least
Dec 3, 2016 9:32 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Did Sieg really just pull that thing out of nowhere? No way, you can't just do that, writers. I hope, there's a good explanation for why he has the other half.
Dec 3, 2016 9:44 AM

Dec 2014
Well I was wondering how they would survive, Looks like they made it after all. They even saved Izetta, Well Played Elystadt. Pretty Good episode overall.

The Germanian empire was devastating though, All that destruction. :(
That one shot of the tanks traversing over the trench with the camera under the trench was so similar to a scene from the BF1 trailer.
They even wrecked havoc in Londenion and are threatening the world with the power of Sophie. AU Hitler sees World Domination in eyes.
Seems off that AU Hitler would remove Berckmann from the military operations, Was his success so great that even the emperor intimidated by it? :o

The Magic Stone gathering scene was pretty cool, Looks like these stones completely sap the land of magic when used.

The alternate ending to the White Witches's story is now confirmed, Muller's family are tied into the legend.
It was sad to see Fine considering leaving the country and giving up. :(

Muller offers Izetta the chance to make a comback using the other half of the Magic Stone, More Death Flags for Izetta now.
I suspect the use of these Magic Stones will eventually sap the world of all magic leading to the death of the witch legacy and magic.
Dec 3, 2016 9:52 AM

Jan 2015
So it's another backstory for this episode. About witch Sophie's traitorous act for meddling with human and stole the Philosopher Magic stone.
Also Berkman is now getting kicked out mostly for purpose from the platoon. Could it be because that his real interest is for Fine and Izetta struggle against him and there's none of it for now?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 3, 2016 10:39 AM

May 2015
This episode was a bit boring. Not much happened save for some exposition and a display of Germania's might. I don't know if I'm looking forward to the next episode.

I do like that the series is sticking with relatable war themes now. I wish they'd done this earlier.
Dec 3, 2016 10:51 AM
Jan 2013
1idd0kun said:

Then dont watch it
Dec 3, 2016 11:01 AM

May 2015
There is nothing really to say. Sophie was the only chance of saving this anime, instead she has turned into a cliched, hateful demagogue of revenge.
Dec 3, 2016 11:10 AM

Sep 2013
Izetta is rescued thanks to the suicide plane fighters :'(
Fine is fine too but Fine doesn't want izetta to hurt herself anymore.
London is rekt and now a nuke is being prepared by germania.

Berkman is too godd for his own good and sophie clones are already being farmed.
If only the actual Hitler was this smart.

Dec 3, 2016 11:18 AM

Mar 2008
ichii_1 said:

Berkman is too godd for his own good and sophie clones are already being farmed.

I wonder if people watching this show would read a history book and think WW2 had bad writing :)? This guy is doing a much better job than Hitler ever did in handling a war of this scale. Pressure the western side of Europe, work to get them to give up, and then focus on Russia. Sure he has some nice tools Hitler never had, but he's doing it a lot better regardless. I'm not sure what anyone on his side has to complain about right now. They are winning spectacularly and even after Sophie dies they've got such a commanding edge over the rest of the world that...they really could take it over.
Dec 3, 2016 11:20 AM
Jul 2009
xeco said:
1idd0kun said:

Then dont watch it

I was watching it because I hoped the writing was gonna improve. No such luck. Maybe now I'll stop watching.
Dec 3, 2016 11:22 AM

Dec 2016
Looks like the germanian empire are making big chess moves around the globe.
Dec 3, 2016 11:27 AM

Jun 2015
The Germanian now wants to take over the world. Distributing Izetta's defeat is smart. Some of Elystadt's soldiers managed to save her and now Muller has the other half of the Magic Stone. Looks like Izetta has another chance to save Elystadt.
Dec 3, 2016 11:27 AM

Jan 2008
People pulling real life Hitler into this >_>
Dec 3, 2016 12:20 PM
Mar 2016
I knew it Muller has half of the stone,
Dec 3, 2016 12:34 PM

Oct 2010
See, Sophie, when you see the old soldier dying in the rubble and you kill him, that's called kicking the dog. That's all you gotta do to be hated. No need to laugh as well.

Do people drunk with power ever actually laugh like that? It sounds so insincere.

Nice to get an answer about Russia, after people were wondering about it last week.

"How Izetta’s World War II Stacks Up to the Real Thing" This article is from October, but answers some questions I still see asked elsewhere.
Dec 3, 2016 12:49 PM

Dec 2015
So they want to make peace with the allies first. Then attacking that other country (I guess that is the country which in the real world would be russia) then going back to attack the USA.

But that wont happen. Expecting some other witch battle with both witches getting killed and and allied forces striking back (or this happening while Germania is at war with Russia and then allies + Russia attacking together when the Germanian witch is removed).

Muller ... I knew it. First I thought his ancestors were from that inquisition. And he probably got a hold of the 2nd half of the stone with that connection. I guess he found it with that old diary he found later. (If he found that earlier he would have used it so they would not have list.)
Dec 3, 2016 12:50 PM

Sep 2014
Elydstadt forces managed to save Izetta and hid in a cave.Sieg revealed his ancenstor's origins,which are connected with the witch and also holds the other have of the magic stone.It was a quite sudden and convenient reveal that might also lead the show to a happy end.Meanwhile,the Germanian forces bombed Brittania and now the Kaizer asks the Allies to surrender.
Dec 3, 2016 1:06 PM

Nov 2015
Boring episode. That last scene though.

Dec 3, 2016 1:14 PM

Sep 2015
Finally he reveals the piece of the magic stone he has to Izetta
Dec 3, 2016 1:30 PM

Sep 2015
It was a pretty solid episode. That first charging scene was brilliant, that OST to go with it was enjoyable. Some discussion on what Germania next move is not bad. Sophia is a bit generic though I don't see any reason to hate her or like her(outside of her character design)

The last scene was expected. She is going to get a power boost and win yadadada though much better executed than previous cliches that I actually don't mind at all.
zcv45Dec 3, 2016 1:44 PM
Dec 3, 2016 1:41 PM

Sep 2015
FlareKnight said:
ichii_1 said:

I wonder if people watching this show would read a history book and think WW2 had bad writing :)? This guy is doing a much better job than Hitler ever did in handling a war of this scale. Pressure the western side of Europe, work to get them to give up, and then focus on Russia. Sure he has some nice tools Hitler never had, but he's doing it a lot better regardless. I'm not sure what anyone on his side has to complain about right now. They are winning spectacularly and even after Sophie dies they've got such a commanding edge over the rest of the world that...they really could take it over.

Well Hitler did pressure Britain to make peace(which is more likely than surrendering) after fall of France. Britain was pretty adamant on not giving up. Hitler's invasion plan on Britain would of never worked. In fact unless there is some really genius plan, I doubt Germany could of ever done Britain in. Maybe starve them with a massive U-boat campaign? but that was very unlikely since Germany didn't produce enough U-boats and the British had a lot in developing counter-measures as evidence in the later years.

Hitler had nothing to pressure the West with outside of taking over mainland Europe.
Germania in the series have a magical nuke and science more advanced than modern day in terms of biology. Aerospace technology is at least 5 years more advanced due to use of V1s and many more advantages

Only when battle of Britain failed did Hitler shift his attention to the Soviet Union. It wasn't much of a two front war if you exclude North Africa since Mainland Europe is pretty much secured. It was plenty reasonable to shift focus since Britain and shown they won't give up.

He isn't anymore skilled than Hitler was in really anything(at least he isn't shown to be)
he simply has the assets to win. We all know he is going to lose though which puts him on a potentially even worse spot than Hitler's failure :/
Dec 3, 2016 1:42 PM

Jul 2014
FlareKnight said:
That's exactly what I was thinking while watching this episode. Proper use of V1 rockets against Eylstadt, then used them in great numbers (and imbued with magic) to bring terror to Londonium. Proper plans for the war - defeat allies first, then Volga Federation and finally United States of Atalanta. And then Germania will rule the world :-)

Speaking about weapons, are Germanians creating a magic-equivalent of nuclear weapon ?

Dec 3, 2016 1:45 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
the guys who did is had a massive Boner for German military equipment. They've even brought in the VI which was basically the worlds first missile.

Operation Sealion (Hitler's planned invasion of Great Britain in 1940) would surely have been easier with a witch on his side.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 3, 2016 2:46 PM

Dec 2013
mozgow said:
FlareKnight said:
That's exactly what I was thinking while watching this episode. Proper use of V1 rockets against Eylstadt, then used them in great numbers (and imbued with magic) to bring terror to Londonium. Proper plans for the war - defeat allies first, then Volga Federation and finally United States of Atalanta. And then Germania will rule the world :-)

Speaking about weapons, are Germanians creating a magic-equivalent of nuclear weapon ?

I was thinknh also the same , I think we have more Clever And handsome hitter this time :),
I read somewhere that Germany was working on atomic bomb too but they didn't finish it.
I can't get why people complaining I know that this show has some problems but not that bad I'm enjoying it so far.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2016 3:15 PM

May 2015
So many clones. That doesn't look good....

Considering the ending, I guess the possibility of a happy ending just grew. Not that I mind though, but I can see why some people would consider it an asspull. Maybe they'll explain.

Solid episode in my opinion.
ReverberateDec 3, 2016 3:57 PM

Dec 3, 2016 3:27 PM
Jul 2009
Reverberate said:
Considering the ending, I guess the possibility of a happy ending just grew.

It's the other way around. The stone has negative side effects on the witch who uses it. Izetta hasn't even recovered from her injuries. If she uses the stone, chances are she's gonna die.
Dec 3, 2016 3:27 PM

Apr 2015
I'm so glad that this show is finally starting to show Sophie's weakness. I knew her poorly made clone-body wouldn't last. Now here's to hoping that she just dies before she can do anything.

Still, I feel like it's a little too late to be bringing out that other magic stone. Sophie already won the first fight, and the Germanian empire's milked that win. If Izetta uses that now, she won't be evenly matched, since Sophie has superior technology after all this time.

I'm still baffled at Sophie's original logic: Izetta is a traitor for meddling in human war with magic. Sophie kinda had an excuse last time for fighting Izetta, but now she has no excuse, so she's a traitor too. She's obliterating other forces and directly affecting war. She's still as much a traitor as she was ages ago, in that same logic. Where's her self-hate and esteem issues? Where's her emotional problems that'll make her crumble because she's unstable?
Dec 3, 2016 5:30 PM

Feb 2016
ichii_1 said:

The Vergeltungswaffe 1, or "V-1" for short, existed for real.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V-1_flying_bomb
Dec 3, 2016 6:07 PM

Jun 2016
I guess it's clear who the BestGrill is, Sophie is way more fun to watch than Izetta.
I was enjoying this animu less and less each episode, but Sophie at least made my enjoyment stop going down. She's interesting.
Dec 3, 2016 8:47 PM

Sep 2013
Male advisor (Muller) giving Izetta the Red Stone with those shifty eyes tells us it's not good. Judging from his character tropes, the stone probably has disastrous side effects for Izetta (e.g. Why Sophie was dying, though that mightve just been because she's a clone).

Poor Berkman, pisses off the King by doing his job too well. Maybe he'll join the team? :) According to the captain, he's going to die in half a year anyway.
Dec 3, 2016 10:00 PM

Jul 2016
This episode was just really sad overall. At the very least I'm glad Rosetta and finé are both alright (my OTP of the season shall live on!) seeing that Rosetta got the other half of the stone can only mean one thing. All out witch brawl. YEAHHHHH!!!!
damn, the forums these days...
Dec 3, 2016 10:02 PM

Jul 2016
Nicromatic said:
Male advisor (Muller) giving Izetta the Red Stone with those shifty eyes tells us it's not good. Judging from his character tropes, the stone probably has disastrous side effects for Izetta (e.g. Why Sophie was dying, though that mightve just been because she's a clone).

Poor Berkman, pisses off the King by doing his job too well. Maybe he'll join the team? :) According to the captain, he's going to die in half a year anyway.

Well they did say at the beginning of the episode that the stone drains away the witch life force, hence why it's forbidden.
damn, the forums these days...
Dec 3, 2016 10:14 PM

Jun 2013
So Germany attacks London. They're in full form with Sophie on their side. Berkman has been discarded and now Otto will handle things himself. He has proposed a deal with the allies which is obviously favoring the Germans only. And Otto plans on going for Russia and then the world.

The Muller family was involved in the Witch's killing. They sold her out. Muller has some info Izetta doesn't have. And since Izetta wants to do something for Finè, she is willing to use the magic stone, which isn't going to end well. The stone drains the witch's life and in turn grants power in places where there's no magic by draining nearby places. If the last seconds of the opening sequence is anything to go by with, I'm seeing a bittersweet ending. Finè and her country might live but Izetta may not. It's going to be a battle between two witches with half a magic stone each. It's gonna be super tough for Izetta.
Dec 3, 2016 11:18 PM

Oct 2016
I smell a tragic ending here, but I have to raise my hope and prepare for the worst
Dec 3, 2016 11:24 PM
May 2016
Sieg revelation wasn't that surprising. They will have a hope now, the other half of the stone was in the hands of Sieg.
Dec 3, 2016 11:38 PM

Feb 2014
Nicromatic said:

Poor Berkman, pisses off the King by doing his job too well. Maybe he'll join the team? :)

I really hope he does join the team.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 4, 2016 3:23 AM

Jul 2014
Farabeuf said:
the guys who did is had a massive Boner for German military equipment. They've even brought in the VI which was basically the worlds first missile.

Operation Sealion (Hitler's planned invasion of Great Britain in 1940) would surely have been easier with a witch on his side.
I think Germania might have already tested V2 and will use it with this new weapon.
Dec 4, 2016 4:46 AM

Apr 2011
Does Izetta want to sacrifice her life for Fine and Elystadt?

Things are grim. And it seems Izetta will fight to the death.
Dec 4, 2016 5:14 AM
Jul 2009
Magito said:
Does Izetta want to sacrifice her life for Fine and Elystadt?

Of course. Fine is the only thing she cares and thinks about after all. Besides she doesn't value her own life so making a sacrifice is no problem, specially for the princess she worships. It's a pretty one-dimensional and pathetic characterization.
Dec 4, 2016 5:36 AM

Jun 2013
the new witch is just savage and they are mass producing bodies for her jesus they are not kidding around
Dec 4, 2016 8:37 AM

Sep 2016
You know what they say, the calm before the storm. This is gonna be the final battle. Should be interesting to see who may die soon.
Dec 4, 2016 10:05 AM

Jan 2016
....you people.... THE STONE SUCKS LIFE FORCE, HENCE THE 3 DAYS FOR CLONE TO LIVE, CLONE FARM, AND ONE OF THE REASONS...

our boy Sieg Muller is so bloody depressed right now, he messed so many things up, knows that his family is a huge cause of this, and now is giving Izetta the stone which will make archduchess cry depending on if she dies, or has near death but happy ending experience.

Atlanta, where are you? they should be coming soon and then two front war hype.

wonder what the power of the completed stone is.

Dec 4, 2016 12:20 PM

Jun 2015
So Whitey was fueled by Izettas blood afterall.
Well, the ending is pretty obvious now, Izetta will kill off Whitey and then die.
Dec 4, 2016 12:21 PM

Aug 2013
I don't understand. What's Berkman's situation? is he going to get killed or something because he did his job too well? lol
Dec 4, 2016 12:23 PM

Jun 2015
Guranto-kun said:
I don't understand. What's Berkman's situation? is he going to get killed or something because he did his job too well? lol

The Emperor is probably trying to get rid off everbody who can be a threat in the widest sense, e.g. people who are too clever.
Dec 4, 2016 12:37 PM

Aug 2013
TrashDax said:
Guranto-kun said:

The Emperor is probably trying to get rid off everbody who can be a threat in the widest sense, e.g. people who are too clever.

Ah, I see, thanks. It makes sense tho and that kind of thing really happens in reality. Once they sees you as a threat they will "eliminate" you and there you go, bye bye lol
Dec 4, 2016 12:59 PM

Sep 2012
Oh hey, I guess the Soviets will finally appear.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2016

314 by parzxval »»
Mar 12, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2016

125 by Fentanylfloyd »»
Mar 6, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

213 by Muow »»
Feb 8, 8:34 AM

» Queerbait or straight up lesbians

a0t3a - May 4, 2021

4 by N3rdieBirdie »»
Feb 6, 7:18 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

144 by Muow »»
Feb 6, 12:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.