Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 3, 2016 5:15 AM
Dec 2016
Not really sure where this post belongs. If I posted in the wrong section, please tell me.
Hello everyone.
I am a manga writer looking to collaborate with a dedicated manga artist.
I have a good story. But I don't know how to draw. So I want a a artist to wants to collaborate with me.
I have a raw story but if I get a artist. I will soon make it in chapters.

I would like the artist to be dedicated and have big ambitions. I wouldn't want somebody who will stop halfway to take the ride. I would also like the artist to be able to communicate daily, via email or messaging.

Please note that this is a collaboration. So, there is no question of money right now. But, if we manage to earn anything, we can discuss the distribution then.

Thanks.
Dec 3, 2016 6:05 AM

Oct 2014
Not sure if some overly zealous kid who watched Bakuman or serious about this. If you want your manga to be published in Japan you will have to learn the language so there's that.

A manga is not mere text, there are lots of things you need to know apart from having an artist. The no. of panels, transition, making a name and obviously a good story that keeps readers hooked for a definite set of pages. You can't just push everything on the artist!

The better way in here to get feedback is at least post some of here work to be judged rather than wait like a duck for some chap to take you up on the offer.
Good Luck.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dec 3, 2016 3:35 PM

Jul 2014
If you want to create a manga-inspired story, but can't draw, then I suggest starting off by writing a light novel first. If that gets popular enough, then someone could turn it into a manga.
That's what I'll be doing since I'm a writer and can't draw to save my life, but I would love my work to be eventually turned into some form of animation (whether it's Japanese or American).
That's how some anime/manga came to be, so remember that light novels are always a great choice.
Dec 3, 2016 6:56 PM
Dec 2016
BlameSaiki said:
If you want to create a manga-inspired story, but can't draw, then I suggest starting off by writing a light novel first. If that gets popular enough, then someone could turn it into a manga.
That's what I'll be doing since I'm a writer and can't draw to save my life, but I would love my work to be eventually turned into some form of animation (whether it's Japanese or American).
That's how some anime/manga came to be, so remember that light novels are always a great choice.
Where can i publish my light novel?
Dec 3, 2016 7:18 PM

Jul 2014
Shashanksharma said:
BlameSaiki said:

If you want to just publish it online, then just look for websites that allow that. There are lots out there.
If you want to get it honestly published, then just send in your manuscript to different publishers in your country.
Here, check on here: List
I would highly recommend doing it this way since it's near impossible to get it published in a country where you don't live.
Dec 3, 2016 7:24 PM
Dec 2016
BlameSaiki said:
Shashanksharma said:

If you want to just publish it online, then just look for websites that allow that. There are lots out there.
If you want to get it honestly published, then just send in your manuscript to different publishers in your country.
I would highly recommend doing it this way since it's near impossible to get it published in a country where you don't live.
there is not much publishers in my country who can publish it.so can recommend me some best online websites where I can publish my light novels.
Dec 3, 2016 7:28 PM

Jul 2014
Shashanksharma said:
BlameSaiki said:

there is not much publishers in my country who can publish it.so can recommend me some best online websites where I can publish my light novels.

Take your pick. Just look up on Google or whatever search engine you'd like and there's plenty of websites out there. You just need to look for them.
Dec 3, 2016 7:29 PM
Dec 2016
BlameSaiki said:
Shashanksharma said:

Take your pick. Just look up on Google or whatever search engine you'd like and there's plenty of websites out there. You just need to look for them.
okay thanks for the help.
Dec 3, 2016 7:35 PM

Jul 2014
Shashanksharma said:
BlameSaiki said:

okay thanks for the help.

No problem. Best of luck to you.
Nov 16, 2017 10:04 AM
Nov 2017
Hey...I'm interested in collaborating. DM me on Instagram @_scan2drawing_ or email me at emmanueljollyawodola@gmail.com

More topics from this board

» Made An Anime Youtube Video thoughts?

panque - 4 hours ago

1 by TheMechaManiac »»
46 minutes ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

361 by panque »»
4 hours ago

» Anime hoodies - New brand

abambata - Apr 13

3 by abambata »»
5 hours ago

» Anime hoodies - Would you wear it ?

abambata - Apr 17

3 by abambata »»
5 hours ago

» People who don't believe that there is anything wrong with western entertainment and influence.

kratos960203 - Apr 19

25 by hypergoob »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.