Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 2, 2016 5:44 PM
Oct 2011
OverkilledRed said:
demonskul777 said:

Let's go with "it attacks anyone who ask about Kira". If he wrote a note for no one in particular and somehow someone find it, think it's suspicious and get the police to do some sort of investigation, they would ask Hayato about it, then die and loop. He could try to tell anyone, but ultimately no one would believe 100% and everything would go the same way.

It works
1) If he tells something about his identity (probably from "my dad real name is Kira" to "my dad is not who he seems")
2) If he writes something about his identity (and probably records an audio tape, or a video, or whatever)
3) If anybody asks him something about Kira/his dad.

The problem is not that there is no solution, the problem is that Jotaro and company are coming to him to ask questions on his father RIGHT NOW.
YggdrasilTMDec 2, 2016 5:50 PM
Dec 2, 2016 5:53 PM

Mar 2008
YggdrasilTM said:
OverkilledRed said:

Let's go with "it attacks anyone who ask about Kira". If he wrote a note for no one in particular and somehow someone find it, think it's suspicious and get the police to do some sort of investigation, they would ask Hayato about it, then die and loop. He could try to tell anyone, but ultimately no one would believe 100% and everything would go the same way.

It works
1) If he tell something about his identity (probably from "my dad real name is Kira" to "my dad is not who he seems")
2) If he write something about his identity (and probably record an audio tape, or a video, or whatever)
3) If anybody ask him something about Kira/his dad.

I'm going with the anime explanation, which is more close to the original. He says 'it will activate if anyone tries to get close to Hayato in order to find me. By the context, "write it" means trying to write as a response to any question made by the person or just a way to reveal about his identity.

Dec 2, 2016 5:57 PM
Nov 2016
Why did I get two alerts saying people quoted me, yet only one person quoted me?
Dec 2, 2016 6:02 PM

Jul 2013
Honestly, the change in the opening didn't surprised me that much, since I already thought on it after hearing the full version of Great Days. It maybe hasn't been as surprising as Dio's appearence in SC 2 opening, since a lot of people were expecting that, but it was still great and satisfying. Gotta love the dedication the studio uses in it openings.

About the episode itself, I never felt that intensity in an anime episode in a while. It was thrilling and full of despair and sadness. Bite the Dust is also more OP of what it seemed at first (it not only can rewind time, but makes the things who happened in the loop repeat again and again). The (repeated) death of Rohan was sad, but the rest kicking the bucket too was unexpected, I never thought they would actually die. Lucky thing Bite the Dust wasn't removed...

I also declare myself a fan of Hayato. That kid has balls of steel. Not only he is only 11 and doesn't has any qualms on killing himself to save a bunch of strangers, but he goes as far as trying to kill the serial killer who murdered his father and other innocent people just to protect his mother. All of that while not being an Stand user himself. Fucking respect.
Rina Satou's voice acting was also on point. The sheer despair and impotence of Hayato for not being able to stop Kira really moved me. Also love how the new opening shows Hayato's determination to stop Kira. Really great detail.

The ending made me hanging from the edge of my seat. Such cliffhanger, man.

Also, Kira was a complete dick in this episode, and I totally loved it.
Dec 2, 2016 6:10 PM

Jul 2013
THE OP DID THE THING, THE THING

but in true Diamond is Unbreakable fashion it was a huge letdown, the part 3 OP edit remains the king of the jojo op's
StefanHereDec 2, 2016 8:12 PM
Dec 2, 2016 7:06 PM

Jul 2015
SilverDio said:
This is the real explanation of Bite the Dust abilities:

IT JUST WORKS, DAMMIT!!

End of Discussion.

Aw man was gonna save that for part 5
Dec 2, 2016 7:45 PM

Dec 2013
Holy shit this demonskull guy is retarded af
BtD will trigger if hayato is asked or revealed kira's identity
Be it writing it down or in any form of communication.

On topic, this is the best jojo eps to date. That op damn
SlowDancerDec 2, 2016 8:05 PM
"nothing is true. everything is permitted"
Dec 2, 2016 9:00 PM

Jan 2011
The OP, DP delivered! Could have been better though, tbh.

I love how Bite the Dust protected Hayato from that punch.
Dec 2, 2016 10:03 PM

Oct 2011
Holy. ....
That opening
Hayato so close
Dec 3, 2016 12:06 AM
May 2010
This is sad how anime only reacted to BTD. Take note DIU is 1992 hommies. I also read from someone that this is a rip off of re zero because of the loop(I seriously want to axe that person).

Let's wait for part 5. Let's see how they will react. Lol
Dec 3, 2016 12:34 AM

Dec 2016
Just signed up on this forum however I've been a lurker for 1 year.

This episode was brilliant, the concept kinda reminds me of video games when the player loses over and over again eventually the player will have to find a new approach in defeating the enemies(Sub-boss, Main boss)
Dec 3, 2016 12:57 AM

May 2014
That OP change was a complete monster- even better than what they did with DIO in SDC.

I feel really sorry for Rohan though- I get that Josuke and Co. are now also stuck in the dreaded loop of death but going by what Kira was saying, Rohan's been brown bread four damn times already!!
I'm just really curious as to how they're gonna learn about Kira's identity and how they're actually gonna kill him.

I mean, if he gets deathly injured by some outside force to the point where he physically can't keep up Bites the Dust (and that happens before everyone gets killed) then they'd probably have a chance, but I'm not even sure about that or anything else tbh? Or maybe if Hayato just told them about everything and then Jotaro could stop time & Josuke could rapidly heal him when it starts up...ofc Hayato has no idea that Jotaro can stop time or the extent of Josuke's Stand abilities.

It's not like they have a lot of time to play with now though since Kira could just deactivate BTD and have everyone's deaths cemented. This episode stressed me out, my god.

Anyways, only 3 eps left (nooooo) and Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable starts next wk, so I'm guessing Josuke is the key...pretty sure they'll be fine as soon as he realizes what is actually going on!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2016 1:05 AM

Sep 2013
RedRoseFring said:
Geez. This has certainly got me engrossed beyond what I expected. I feel I may breakdown if this level of quality continues.
What a magnificent bastard!

Hmm?? I thought you were going to binge this after it concluded, but you're here already
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better

May 2014
Drake1000 said:
Ahaha that op ! Good to see that David Production still has a soul, I began to doubt they'd pull it off with the lazy animation throughout Part 4 but now I'm sure they'll do a special op for Golden Wind as well.
Otherwise nothing much to say, well adapted episode, the tension was handled well and I like the fact that Hayato went in for the finishing blow, dumbasses in other series wouldn't even make sure their enemy is truly dead, that always triggers me.

Shining D? What is this, Hisoka? The fuck is this title? it's called Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable.

SCHWINGING D

Tbh though I thought the exact same thing...the fact that they put diamond in brackets next to it is also baffling.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 2012
Awesome OP. I'm not too hyped for this last arc though. I don't like how Kira doesn't have any memories of the time loops, but Hayato does. It's just something the author did so Kira could have a weakness.
Dec 3, 2016 1:08 AM

Sep 2013
@Shigure It's the same type of reason related to why Josuke can't heal himself
ShigyCDec 3, 2016 1:12 AM
Dec 3, 2016 1:23 AM

Jan 2009
Can someone explain why Kira never killed the cat plant? It would seem to me that someone as cautious as Kira wouldn't take a chance in keeping such a dangerous plant alive, considering how it could be used against him later on. This seems like a pretty serious plot hole to me at this point...
Perrin4869Dec 3, 2016 1:28 AM
Dec 3, 2016 1:37 AM

Jul 2013
Perrin4869 said:
Can someone explain why Kira never killed the cat plant? It would seem to me that someone as cautious as Kira wouldn't take a chance in keeping such a dangerous plant alive, considering how it could be used against him later on. This seems like a pretty serious plot hole to me at this point...

i believe he planned on using it again, im not sure he ever mentioned anything about that prior though
Dec 3, 2016 2:01 AM

Mar 2008
Shigure said:
Awesome OP. I'm not too hyped for this last arc though. I don't like how Kira doesn't have any memories of the time loops, but Hayato does. It's just something the author did so Kira could have a weakness.

How come? It's an automatic Stand who lives inside of another host. It's fair enough that he doesn't remember seeing how it activates without Kira's input.

Dec 3, 2016 2:42 AM

Jun 2010
Rehls said:
I texted someone saying that there's merit to be had in this 'way of doing this', by making be possible what normally wouldn't be, when having a power mechanic that's more structured (and thus, more limited)... Eh. But it's just that I don't feel like these Stands' powers are very creative and/or original, which is where the merit would be- if they were, they'd potentially create some really (that I'd consider) interesting events... But these events happening in the show I don't think are... They're pretty simple to me. Pretty common. It's anything like Okuyasu's brother having that Stand of mini soldiers, that were hidden then started shooting... Jousuke during that confront using the missile against him... Jousuke using those bullets against the rat Stand user. That mini tank ability of Kira being attracted to heat... So many events that I find aren't very creative. It's something that we could without much difficult imagine. It's possible that in most of these events, Stands wouldn't even be necessary to recreate them. So then, what's the point? It's just that I think more could've been done with these Stand powers--that they had more potential, that was wasted. ... Perhaps this Stand power would work well in a fantasy setting, hm. Yeah...

Difference in perspective I suppose, I've always felt that Stands for the most part are creative in the way they're used. A good example would be how each Act of Echoes can weaponise words and sound effects in a different ways, a simple concept but fun and creative in execution.

The "lack of originality" is an age issue more than anything else. The manga ran between 1992-1995 after all, so of course it'd seem that way to a modern audience. Consider that popular series such as One Piece and HunterxHunter took heavy influence from Stand powers for Devil Fruits and Nen in how their powers would operate and refined/reworked it to be more "original" and you can see it's more of a codifier of how things should be done 😉.

Shigure said:

If Kira could remember everything from every time loop then there'd be no way for the heroes to win. He'd be a serial killer version of Phil Connors who could make your face go boom practically on demand.
WandererReduxDec 3, 2016 2:46 AM
Dec 3, 2016 3:18 AM

Mar 2014
demonskul777 said:
LOL hayato can literally rewrite fate by killing someone before 8:30 either way. this is so dumb

GoldenDevilGamer said:
Well, it's sad that you're not enjoying it like most people. But the majority's liking this time-loop structure, and it makes the final arc feel more than just a simple fight between who's stronger, but it's a fight about who's smarter.

I would be enjoying this if the writing was not god-awfully flawed.

Well ignoring the sour pussness of @demonskul777...
This was a great episode and once again JoJo alter the opening which was just great to watch...Onwards to the end and I cant help ut ask myself how the FLIP are they gonna get out of this one?!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Dec 3, 2016 3:20 AM

Aug 2014
SlowDancer said:
Holy shit this demonskull guy is retarded af
BtD will trigger if hayato is asked or revealed kira's identity
Be it writing it down or in any form of communication.

On topic, this is the best jojo eps to date. That op damn

You misspell my name and call me retarded, also great rebuttal this has been discussed and I locked the other party in not being able to counter me.

"revealed kira's identity" is a very abstract concept, and Araki can use it however he wants. According to you Hayato can simply show "that guy is not my dad, he's a murdererer". Does this reveal Kira's identity, no. it requires deductive skills to assume that that guy would be Kira. However this is not the case, meaning that the stand reacts to much more abstract situations than simply explicitly revealing Kira's identity, meaning that it should not have worked the way it did. But I guess you're literally too dumb to conceptualise or even think about what this stand can do and is capable and much like others before you are unwilling to accept that Araki just does whatever is easiest for him to write, without looking into the actual king of the stand.

HueyLion said:
demonskul777 said:
LOL hayato can literally rewrite fate by killing someone before 8:30 either way. this is so dumb

I would be enjoying this if the writing was not god-awfully flawed.

Well ignoring the sour pussness of @demonskul777...
This was a great episode and once again JoJo alter the opening which was just great to watch...Onwards to the end and I cant help ut ask myself how the FLIP are they gonna get out of this one?!

Listen I can write a lot more as to why part 4 is honestly terrible and why Jojo has been average up 'till now, but you wouldn't accept it because you're a mindless fanboy, who apperently can't accept that I dislike this and have a basis for disliking it. I'm not complaining about these people liking this. However people feel the need to judge me for my opinions and whenever I defend them they are just like "just accept the story for what it is lol", which is no argument.

Honestly I wouldn't have claimed the thread like this if people like you didn't bother to try and tell me I'm wrong. I'm just defending my opinions and you guys then complain about it, as if I should just have gone "oh god you're right, this story is great lololol"

Perrin4869 said:

Kira was interested in the plant. How could it remain a stand user after death? What is it exactly? Nothing much more + he didn't see much of a reason to kill it, as he wouldn't have assumed it to be used against him. Rather he could still use it against others - which was the most likely situation, he didn't really expect Hayato to go/come back up there.

Volthoom said:
Why did I get two alerts saying people quoted me, yet only one person quoted me?

Edited my message, then it gives you a new notification

galimx said:
Arguing for already 2 days why JoJo "writing" is not that good. Everyone knows that Araki is not the best writer out there. Doesnt make JoJo any less enjoyable. Better do some more productive work than complain about random cartoons on internet.

No, apparently these people don't and desperately try to prove me wrong.

YTFry91 said:
quote=demonskul777 message=48801659]
YTFry91 said:

Complaining about plot convenience in Jojo. Yare Yare Daze

Yeah, really I'm an idiot for complaining about bad writing in a story, you got me. *finger snap*

The point is, part 4 tries to take itself serious in oppposition to the previous parts that did convenient things. Part 1 was standard action with the Hamon ability, not too many conveniences to complain about there, Part 2 was more intended to really be more idiotic than anything (although I agree it suffers from some of the same issues as part 4). Part 3 introduces stands as simple powers, without much need of an explanation. Their powers work, and that's all they have to do. They aren't abstract enough for them to contradict their explanation.

However part 4 tries to give us a serious murderer chase, and an intriguing story line. instead it throws a stand of the week scenario that doesn't make sense, but I explained that somewhere once, probably and don't feel like delving into it in this thread. And it keeps trying to stretch a story and give us pseudo-clever scenarios, in which the characters generally depend more on luck or nonsensical explanations. Part 3 had it's own share of nonsense, but usually, again, they just worked. Here they don't, but I'd have to go specifically delve into looking for examples again, to do so, and that would take some time so I won't. I don't want to share any wrong information either, so a half-assed explanation of situations won't do.

I could go on as to explain why the next parts are much higher in my book but 1: you don't care and 2: me discussing those are for later

No I'm saying that what the stand does, does not make sense other than "Araki wants this to be so". It's not poorly explained, it's poorly made. Period.

You don't like part four? Did not need three paragraphs to figure that much out buddy. lol

You can give other parts free passes for bs but not part four. That baffles me but whatever.

I don't though. The point is that Bites the Dust does not work correctly, just like a lot of stands in Part 4, where stands didn't behave like they were supposed to, nor how stands were introduced. I can go into detail but galimx is going to complain at me that I should stop complaining because they don't want me to explain to people as to why it's bad. In the other parts the stands generally don't break their own rules, they either need to introduce rules still (part 3) or work correctly (next parts). Even if they are bullshit, they did not break their rules, nor allowed araki to do whatever.
metadataDec 3, 2016 3:45 AM
Dec 3, 2016 7:16 AM

Jan 2013
demonskul777 said:
moodie said:
i find it odd and funny how ppl with the least anime watched are complaining about bad writing while ppl who watched a good amount of anime understand its well.

You're literally implying that people who have watched fewer anime have no idea what makes for good story-telling and also that part IV's story is objectively "good". I would have honestly ignored you if you hadn't used the word understand.

lol, I'm thinking the same thing as you...Like this guy can't be serious with such a dumb comment about a correlation between the amount of anime watched to understanding good plot.

This part of Jojo just continues to fail. The opening was terrible, not as cool are cohesive are well executed as Dio time stop. Kira is saved by a watch in the overplayed non creative pocket protectors trope. Bites the dust is already terribly written and so is this part. I know it gets worse cause in order to beat Kira it's going to take some BS. I'm so disappointed in this part , can't believe its argued as the best. It has potential for it , but it's squandered by Araki poor writing and upgrades jsut to add tension.
Dec 3, 2016 7:33 AM

Aug 2014
Animayham said:
demonskul777 said:

You're literally implying that people who have watched fewer anime have no idea what makes for good story-telling and also that part IV's story is objectively "good". I would have honestly ignored you if you hadn't used the word understand.

lol, I'm thinking the same thing as you...Like this guy can't be serious with such a dumb comment about a correlation between the amount of anime watched to understanding good plot.

This part of Jojo just continues to fail. The opening was terrible, not as cool are cohesive are well executed as Dio time stop. Kira is saved by a watch in the overplayed non creative pocket protectors trope. Bites the dust is already terribly written and so is this part. I know it gets worse cause in order to beat Kira it's going to take some BS. I'm so disappointed in this part , can't believe its argued as the best. It has potential for it , but it's squandered by Araki poor writing and upgrades jsut to add tension.

I agree on the writing (obviously xD), but I did like the second version of the OP, although it does a worse job at explaining Bites the Dust than the first version, so it's kind of counterproductive. It's just that I like distorted shit, the rythm at least adds up with the imagery for this one. it didn't really do so before and the song is a lot more interesting to listen to.
But that's just me preferring the style. Content-wise the first one was better.

Eh, well, I'm a little biased anyway since I never liked the manga for part 4, but I just decided to sit this one through, since I do like jojo starting from part 5/6. And considering everyone is liking this one (in the west at least), we'll have a big chance to see those. Although I doubt part 7 will ever get an anime. (considering the change in content and maturity, although I'd love to see the face-sitting animated ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))
Dec 3, 2016 7:37 AM

Dec 2013
demonskul777 said:

You misspell my name and call me retarded, also great rebuttal this has been discussed and I locked the other party in not being able to counter me.

"revealed kira's identity" is a very abstract concept, and Araki can use it however he wants. According to you Hayato can simply show "that guy is not my dad, he's a murdererer". Does this reveal Kira's identity, no. it requires deductive skills to assume that that guy would be Kira. However this is not the case, meaning that the stand reacts to much more abstract situations than simply explicitly revealing Kira's identity, meaning that it should not have worked the way it did. But I guess you're literally too dumb to conceptualise or even think about what this stand can do and is capable and much like others before you are unwilling to accept that Araki just does whatever is easiest for him to write, without looking into the actual king of the stand.

L-lol?
Hayato: "This guy is not my dad! He's a murderer!"
The gang: "What? What did he do?"
Hayato: "He make people disappear in an instant!"
The gang: "holy shit it's kira! Who could'v-- wait what's killer queen doing on my eye?" *booom*

Lmao einstein
Dec 3, 2016 7:40 AM

Aug 2014
SlowDancer said:
demonskul777 said:

L-lol?
The gang: "holy shit it's kira! Who could'v-- wait what's killer queen doing on my eye?" *booom*

Lmao einstein

I mean, that's my point though.

Like you completely misread my post if you though I was supporting that situation, as I was telling you that Kira is either much more powerful and the story is wrong, or Kira is very weak and the story is wrong.
Dec 3, 2016 7:52 AM

Dec 2013
demonskul777 said:

L-lol?

Lmao einstein

Dec 3, 2016 7:59 AM

Jul 2014
ReaperCreeper said:
I love how Bite the Dust protected Hayato from that punch.

To be fair, Bites the Dust was created in the first place BECAUSE Kira attacked Hayato.
Dec 3, 2016 8:14 AM

Mar 2008
demonskul777 said:
SlowDancer said:

L-lol?

Lmao einstein

Like you completely misread my post if you though I was supporting that situation, as I was telling you that Kira is either much more powerful and the story is wrong, or Kira is very weak and the story is wrong.

Nah.

Dec 3, 2016 8:16 AM

Aug 2014
SlowDancer said:

It's not, because in that case Bites the Dust wouldn't activate with Heaven's Door. Hayato doesn't tell Rohan anything, Rohan reads it from a visualisation from the mind that he himself has created. It's not Hayato that tells anything, no one asks Hayato anything, Rohan just reads Hayato's memory.

Araki uses BtD at will, whenever it profits his story-telling without taking logic into consideration. It works because it works, but that's no explanation.

OverkilledRed said:
demonskul777 said:

Nah.

I'm just saying that Araki can and does activate Bites the Dust simply because it profits tension.

Point is: the kid trying to kill himself and the cast seeing kira's stand killed them. Only then they were killed, not when they were asking questions about Kira. Hayato didn't tell anything, rather he constructed a situation in which they see Kira's stand. That's the exact same with him leading everyone to where Kira is, and them discovering that with Hayato around.
metadataDec 3, 2016 8:26 AM
Dec 3, 2016 8:24 AM

Dec 2013
demonskul777 said:
SlowDancer said:

It's not, because in that case Bites the Dust wouldn't activate with Heaven's Door. Hayato doesn't tell Rohan anything, Rohan reads it from a visualisation from the mind that he himself has created. It's not Hayato that tells anything, no one asks Hayato anything, Rohan just reads Hayato's memory.

Araki uses BtD at will, whenever it profits his story-telling without taking logic into consideration. It works because it works, but that's no explanation.

But it's because it's written down and through hayato that rohan knew.
To put it simply, hayato in any way (conscious or not) cannot tell people about kira's identity.
All the previous time loop occurs because hayato revealed kira's identity in some way(#1 through HD, #2 through suicide attempt) the last loop is cancelled because kira himself revealed his identity.

I mean i'd be okay to explain this to animeonly people, but to think you've read the manga but still confused at btd smh
SlowDancerDec 3, 2016 8:32 AM
Dec 3, 2016 8:27 AM

Aug 2014
SlowDancer said:
demonskul777 said:

I mean i'd be okay to explain this to animeonly people, but to think you've read the manga but still confused at btd smh

"Kira is revealed through Hayato" is literally the situation we're talking about and you're saying wouldn't work in one situation but would in the other. But we're talking in circles here.

I'm not confused about the stand, I'm just saying that Araki activates it whenever the story profits it and trying to exlpain to you as to why.
Dec 3, 2016 8:37 AM

Dec 2013
demonskul777 said:
SlowDancer said:

"Kira is revealed through Hayato" is literally the situation we're talking about and you're saying wouldn't work in one situation but would in the other. But we're talking in circles here.

I'm not confused about the stand, I'm just saying that Araki activates it whenever the story profits it and trying to exlpain to you as to why.

Okay i got it. so the problem here is not "directly or indirectly" but "consciously or uncosciously".
To put it simply, hayato in any way (conscious or not) cannot tell people about kira's identity.
All the previous time loop occurs because hayato revealed kira's identity in some way(#1 through HD, #2 through suicide attempt)

SlowDancerDec 3, 2016 8:41 AM
Dec 3, 2016 8:38 AM

Mar 2008
demonskul777 said:
SlowDancer said:

OverkilledRed said:

Nah.

I'm just saying that Araki can and does activate Bites the Dust simply because it profits tension.

Point is: the kid trying to kill himself and the cast seeing kira's stand killed them. Only then they were killed, not when they were asking questions about Kira. Hayato didn't tell anything, rather he constructed a situation in which they see Kira's stand. That's the exact same with him leading everyone to where Kira is, and them discovering that with Hayato around.

He doesn't have to respond anything. Like I said, he created a situation where his action (his death) would certainly lead to Kira.

Dec 3, 2016 8:53 AM
Jul 2018
The new opening is soooooo cool !
Dec 3, 2016 9:00 AM

Aug 2014
SlowDancer said:
demonskul777 said:

Okay i got it. so the problem here is not "directly or indirectly" but "consciously or uncosciously".
All the previous time loop occurs because hayato revealed kira's identity in some way(#1 through HD, #2 through suicide attempt)

I can see where you're coming from, though I'd still have to argue that the scenario is a direct cause of Hayato's actions.

Well, honestly I don't really care that much about this subject --' this isn't even the reason I dislike part 4 since the story with Kira is the best part with it. I was just kinda gettign overdefensive since people were so agressive to me disliking this.
Dec 3, 2016 9:18 AM

Sep 2016
SogiitaGunha said:
Bites the Dust OP:

ALL HAIL THE NEW OPENING
Dec 3, 2016 9:19 AM

Feb 2015
fuck!! that OP was fucking hype. BAITSU ZA DUSTO!

[HEAVY BREATHING]
Dec 3, 2016 10:06 AM
Jul 2018
WandererRedux said:
Rehls said:
I texted someone saying that there's merit to be had in this 'way of doing this', by making be possible what normally wouldn't be, when having a power mechanic that's more structured (and thus, more limited)... Eh. But it's just that I don't feel like these Stands' powers are very creative and/or original, which is where the merit would be- if they were, they'd potentially create some really (that I'd consider) interesting events... But these events happening in the show I don't think are... They're pretty simple to me. Pretty common. It's anything like Okuyasu's brother having that Stand of mini soldiers, that were hidden then started shooting... Jousuke during that confront using the missile against him... Jousuke using those bullets against the rat Stand user. That mini tank ability of Kira being attracted to heat... So many events that I find aren't very creative. It's something that we could without much difficult imagine. It's possible that in most of these events, Stands wouldn't even be necessary to recreate them. So then, what's the point? It's just that I think more could've been done with these Stand powers--that they had more potential, that was wasted. ... Perhaps this Stand power would work well in a fantasy setting, hm. Yeah...

Difference in perspective I suppose, I've always felt that Stands for the most part are creative in the way they're used. A good example would be how each Act of Echoes can weaponise words and sound effects in a different ways, a simple concept but fun and creative in execution.

The "lack of originality" is an age issue more than anything else. The manga ran between 1992-1995 after all, so of course it'd seem that way to a modern audience. Consider that popular series such as One Piece and HunterxHunter took heavy influence from Stand powers for Devil Fruits and Nen in how their powers would operate and refined/reworked it to be more "original" and you can see it's more of a codifier of how things should be done 😉.

http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Nen

If the volume of the water changes, the user is an Enhancer.
If the taste of the water changes, the user is a Transmuter.
If impurities appear in the water, the user is a Conjurer.
If the color of the water changes, the user is an Emitter.
If the leaf moves on the water's surface, the user is a Manipulator.
If a completely different change appears, the user is a Specialist.

They're what we can call 'basic principles'. There's not really a need to take influence then, with these, in my view. What HxH did then was turn real world skills into super powers. JoJo did similar. But this is a very old idea, isn't it? Logically. Devil Fruits weren't really about this, though, with the fruit types being about change in body, manipulation of elements, and taking of forms. Then there was the other power mechanic, called Haki, where users strengthen their bodies and such.

Nen in TV Tropes is said to be a massive deconstruction of Ki attacks. Those of Dragon Ball, where I heard HxH really inspired from (like JoJo, with the aura of those Stands, and the strong bodies of the fighting types).

Nen of the Flame (燃, Nen) is sometimes used in Shingen-ryū kung fu as a precursor to learning the actual Nen. They are mental exercises akin to meditation that strengthen one's force of will. Regular practice can smooth the flow of one's aura. The Four Exercises of Nen of the Flame are as follows:

Ten (点, Point): Focus the mind, reflect upon the self and determine the goal.
Zetsu (舌, Tongue): Put it into words.
Ren (錬, Temper): Intensify your will.
Hatsu (発, Release): Put it to action.

It's safe to say that Nen is the best power mechanic ever made. Except that I think it has too much freedom... So, I'm sure I heard somewhere that the author of HxH said that he was inspired by Dragon Ball. But I don't remember seeing JoJo being mentioned.
removed-userDec 3, 2016 10:09 AM
Dec 3, 2016 11:02 AM

Sep 2013
@Rehls Dude, you just used the fake explanation of Nen! "Nen of the Flame" (Wing gives Gon & Killua a fake explanation, then a real one)

Anyway, Togashi has stated quite a few times how much of a fan he is of JoJo. Look at the interview between him and Masashi Kishimoto
Dec 3, 2016 11:08 AM
Jul 2018
@ShigyC

Nah, it's not false. It's just that Wing was hiding some things from them. And without those 'things', it might've not been possible to actually learn Nen. But: http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Shingen-ry%C5%AB

Shingen-ryū (心源流 lit. Style That Originates From The Heart) is a school of Kung-Fu founded by Isaac Netero.
Description
Very little is known of this school of martial arts. It might have been founded when the man who would later become the 12th chairman of the Hunters Association, Isaac Netero, returned from a two-year training in the mountains. Upon witnessing Netero's new strength, the master of a dōjō offered him the ownership of the place and begged him to become his teacher.
The main peculiarity of Shingen-ryū is that practitioners, together with hand-to-hand combat techniques and probably etiquette, also learn to control their aura. It is unknown if this part of the training originated at the same time as the school, since it is possible that Isaac Netero was still ignorant about Nen when he founded it; however, the "Nen of the Flame", a set of mental exercises aimed at strengthening a person's will, was most likely created by a practitioner of Shingen-ryū.

In order to successfully perform Ten, students must undergo rigorous training and prolonged meditation. Forcing one's aura nodes open through an injection of aura is a method (called "Gehou") that is generally frowned upon by the teachers of this style, although there are records of it being employed under special circumstances.

The students are then taught the other three basic techniques, Ren, Zetsu, and Hatsu, which, together with Ten, make up the "Four Major Principles". However, due to the tight connection between Hatsu and individuality, teachers refrain from helping students develop their Nen abilities until the latters have come up with the general idea by themselves. After mastering the fundamentals, the students go on to learn the advanced techniques.

But what are we doing in an episode of JoJo, huh? xD The bold part is about what Wing did to Gon and Killua, but that were too impatient.
removed-userDec 3, 2016 2:58 PM
Dec 3, 2016 1:00 PM

Jan 2014
ShigyC said:
RedRoseFring said:
Geez. This has certainly got me engrossed beyond what I expected. I feel I may breakdown if this level of quality continues.
What a magnificent bastard!

Hmm?? I thought you were going to binge this after it concluded, but you're here already

I was, but I had close to nothing else to watch. I decided to marathon it when there were only 6 episodes left because I thought that would be bearable. Of course it would be the ending arc with all the cliffhangers I end up in.

@gedata, I tried to hold out, but I couldn't. I'm still enjoying it as is though.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Dec 3, 2016 2:34 PM

Apr 2014
demonskul777 said:
SlowDancer said:

I can see where you're coming from, though I'd still have to argue that the scenario is a direct cause of Hayato's actions.

Well, honestly I don't really care that much about this subject --' this isn't even the reason I dislike part 4 since the story with Kira is the best part with it. I was just kinda gettign overdefensive since people were so agressive to me disliking this.
Aka you dislike it and feel the need to tell ppl why even though you were proven wrong. But using fallacies and strawmen to drive an argument didn't work out.

Reading this thread was hilarious. Im surprised ppl leap to grab a conclusion. I gotta thank you tho it was entertaining.
Dec 3, 2016 3:00 PM
Nov 2016
So to any and all anime only watchers: what do you think will happen in the final battle(which is fast approaching, this is episode 36 of 39)?
Dec 3, 2016 3:35 PM

Aug 2014
moodie said:
demonskul777 said:

Aka you dislike it and feel the need to tell ppl why even though you were proven wrong. But using fallacies and strawmen to drive an argument didn't work out.

Reading this thread was hilarious. Im surprised ppl leap to grab a conclusion. I gotta thank you tho it was entertaining.

I go to the episode discussion to share my opinion and people attacked me for having one. And my point literally still stands so i don't see what you're saying.
Dec 3, 2016 4:39 PM

Dec 2013
demonskul777 said:
moodie said:

I go to the episode discussion to share my opinion and people attacked me for having one. And my point literally still stands so i don't see what you're saying.

um sorry to say, but from what i saw the previous page, people "attack" you because you had a vague understanding of btd

like there's that guy in this thread who said that this arc is pretty average but nobody "attack" him because that's his opinion. you on the other hand...
Dec 3, 2016 4:41 PM

Nov 2013
demonskul777 said:
moodie said:

You're free to have an opinion, but other people are also free to have an opinion on your opinion.

I feel like you're not very clear on what the exactly problem is with bites the dust. The simple fact is: if Hayato himself reveals Kira or someone else tries to get information off him regarding Kira BtD will activate. The person will explode, time will reset and that person is fated to die.

But if Hayato influnces Kira to reveal the truth, it's Kira who does the act of revealing. That's a very small difference but also a very importand one.

Is there anything you don't get about this explaination?
Too much salt can ruin even the best of meals.
Dec 3, 2016 5:18 PM

Aug 2014
@Sirofcoffee again, with that explanation the cast shouldn't have died from the hayato trying to kill himself. They didn't ask anything and Hayato didn't tell anything/reveal anything, they simply saw btd working, with Hayato being present.
Dec 3, 2016 7:15 PM
Jul 2015
(This isn't related to anything above) Hayato is the true hero of diu.
Dec 3, 2016 9:22 PM

Apr 2014
Can I use Bite the Dust to reset this whole fuckin discussion about Bite the Dust?
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

371 by Fenrir_01 »»
Mar 21, 6:46 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2016

156 by Blitrapika »»
Mar 8, 9:23 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2016

95 by Kenpachi_69 »»
Jan 21, 6:04 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2016

159 by JimineyRufus »»
Jan 12, 6:29 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

126 by Zaxphred »»
Jan 11, 11:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.