Forum Settings
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 9, 2010 11:16 AM

Apr 2007
Amazing.

Although I didn't think they would have been able to stop Father from reaching his goal anyway, it still surprised me. Here it's nice to see the villain get what he wants, but I doubt everyone is dead. There's still that anit-circle or whatever it's called that Scar's group was taking care of. We don't even know exactly what it does yet, I think. >.>

Cenedess said:
...actually, I can live with that, if Ling lives on. Seriously, it's creepy, but I started crying when he appeared, just because I was so afraid Arakawa was going to kill him off that instant.
lol I kind of felt the same, but more with Greed instead. I was looking all over this double page and started freaking out when he wasn't there, haha. I really don't want to see Greed die...again ;_;
MonochromeFeb 10, 2010 12:19 AM
Feb 9, 2010 12:21 PM

Oct 2007
wow. wasnt expecting that.

but i tihnk god is using Als body... remember how the body gave that somewhat evil grin some chapters back?

makes me think that Al will never get his body back...

i like shonens when not everyone lives. wheee
Feb 9, 2010 12:26 PM
Sep 2008
Possk said:
...Holy friggin fuck. I can't read a word of that but holy fuck, that was insanity.

This.

I just want to curl up into the fetal position and tell myself everything will be alright.
Feb 9, 2010 12:44 PM

May 2009
This chapter was really... epic!

But I hope it'll be happy ending etc etc... No jokes that homunculus will win!
Feb 9, 2010 12:46 PM

Jan 2009
well... is everyone dead?
And what kind of a pathetic god would get defeated by that? I mean seriuosly! It's like getting beaten by your reflection in a mirror.
Feb 9, 2010 12:46 PM

May 2009
This chapter was really... epic!

But I hope it'll be happy ending etc etc... No jokes that self-god, *uckin homunculus will win!
Feb 9, 2010 12:50 PM

Jul 2007
THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER THIS CHAPTER

Feb 9, 2010 1:05 PM

Jun 2009
Seriously it seemed a tad less epic to read the translation then to look at the pictures and guess the translation 24 hours ago.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Feb 9, 2010 1:05 PM

Sep 2009
The shit had just hit the fan and after that it just kept going through the roof.
Feb 9, 2010 1:10 PM

Feb 2008
OMFG
Best chapter EVER~~
Arakawa LOOOOVE *___*

Chapter ended with an orgasmatic twist <3 loved it!!!
Me want 105 naow *¬*~
Feb 9, 2010 1:27 PM

Jan 2008
wow... greatest fma chapter ever... it pushed me to finally rate the series a 10...

i teared up when i saw winry falling and.. DX LITTLE ELICIA~! WHAT ABOUT HUGHES, HUH? HE DIED IN VAIN~! D= *cries in her little corner*
Feb 9, 2010 1:39 PM
Feb 2010
I think that Ed, Al, and the gang must have had something up their sleeve in case worst came to worst. I think that they must have done something to the massive transmutation circle and altered it into the ishvalan one were it is construction and reconstruction instead of just destruction and decomposing which the dude in the flask was doing. So my hypothesis is that opening the gate of the world is going to back fire for that little dude in the flask ;)
Feb 9, 2010 2:09 PM

Apr 2008
Chapter was so not typical for shounen. I waited for anything except this. Consider it one of the best plot developments among all manga I've read. As for me, it would be interesting if everyone remains dead or something. But still, this is a shounen manga where Good always wins and my only hope that ending will be even greater.
Feb 9, 2010 2:25 PM

Apr 2009
Monochrome said:
Cenedess said:
...actually, I can live with that, if Ling lives on. Seriously, it's creepy, but I started crying when he appeared, just because I was so afraid Arakawa was going to kill him off that instant.
lol I kind of felt the same, but more with Greed instead. I was looking all over this double page and started freaking out when he wasn't there, haha. I really don't want to see Greed die...again ;_;

Me too, I spent like two minutes searching for him in panel after panel, over and over again until I was sure that i didn't miss anything and yes, WHOA HE'S NOT HERE WHY IS HE NOT HERE xD It's...sad, really.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Feb 9, 2010 2:37 PM

Jan 2010
cool chapter
does this mean there all dead and it seems the ending is close now
Feb 9, 2010 3:14 PM

Feb 2009
Good. Freaking. God.

Ed: "Did you turn all of those people into a Philosopher's Stone?"
Father: "Yes."

That, my friends, is the shonen manga version of Watchmen's "I did it 35 minutes ago".

Winry. Dead. Pinako. Dead. Alex and Olivier Armstrong. Dead. Gracia and Ellicia. Dead.

Will they come back? Good chance they do, but god damn, when it comes to FMA, anything seems possible.

Feb 9, 2010 3:17 PM

Aug 2008
i guess that everyone's soul are in the father or something like that, they are not dead. >---<
Feb 9, 2010 3:35 PM

Mar 2009
I really hope that this secret transmutation circle will be activated soon (if it hasn't been done already). Because, Ed's group can't fight Father like that. I mean, each time they kill him, one citizen will definitely disappear.
Selim will certainly die soon. There is maybe something about him that could help the human side...

I really want to know what is going to happen !
Feb 9, 2010 4:25 PM

Sep 2008
Branca said:
Chapter was so not typical for shounen. I waited for anything except this. Consider it one of the best plot developments among all manga I've read. As for me, it would be interesting if everyone remains dead or something. But still, this is a shounen manga where Good always wins and my only hope that ending will be even greater.

naruto did the same thing tbh...so it's a typical shounen alright
Feb 9, 2010 4:35 PM
Feb 2010
Mephz said:

ok wait wait wait wait wait. Please. Do NOT compare Naruto to Fullmetal Alchemist. evar. please.

That's like comparing beef jerky to a top sirloin.
Just don't even go there.
Feb 9, 2010 4:52 PM

Nov 2008
Arc_ said:
Shit just got real.

Yes , yes it did. ... winry // Riza .. ok time to kill this thing >.>
Feb 9, 2010 5:33 PM

Oct 2009
WTFFFFFF.. i cant believe it...

MY Brain will explode if they cant back and everyone is dead for sure and my rating for FMA will down 10 to 5 for sure..

but i really hope Arakawa will not disappoint her millions fans..

Hammi89 said:
Mephz said:

ok wait wait wait wait wait. Please. Do NOT compare Naruto to Fullmetal Alchemist. evar. please..

Well i will totally accept if Ed do something like naruto and everyone came back.. but i'm really not satisfied with this ending. i dont care if it will become typical shounen or mounen or whatever.. :)
Feb 9, 2010 5:39 PM

Dec 2007
Ed and co just got pawnt o.O.

Mephz said:
Branca said:

Well Naruto had a stupid reason of how they came back to life. This one will make sense since the concept was explained over and over already.
Feb 9, 2010 6:14 PM

Oct 2008
hJ said:
Can't believe everyone was used as sacrifices, ( this week's Shounen Manga have lots of sacrifices, deaths, disappearances :D)

LOL NO FREAKING SHIT!!! First Negima, then ....well your avatar kinda gives a hint, (it's too messed up to say anything further about what happend in One Piece) and now this!! I would say Naruto too, except the sacrifice in that manga was last week.
Feb 9, 2010 6:16 PM

Apr 2008
I don't know why, but i think father looks a little silly while he looks like ed :<

they so totally got owned. seems a little bleak D:
;D
Feb 9, 2010 6:35 PM

Oct 2009
If everyone come back to life or not.. that is a different matter.. so if they will back to life somehow.. most likely it will happen when they beat Father..

But how they will beat father? i mean he was already stronger than all of them.. and now when he absorb all other sacrifices and become like young hoenhiem. he will be more ridiculously strong..

Now Colonel is blind.. so he's out of battle.. HoenHien, Ed, Al and Izumi are all alchemist users and father can simply turn off using of alchemy that how he did when Ed and Al faced him first time.. so only transmutation circle will work that little girl from Xin.. did she will beat him? LOLZ..

What i want to say. Father was already that much strong and now it seems impossible to beat him unless Arakawa do something like Soul Eater anime story board and Ed beat father with a punch of courage.. LOLZZZZZZ
Feb 9, 2010 7:24 PM

Aug 2009
My mouth literally just fell open by the end of that...
Feb 9, 2010 7:57 PM

Feb 2009
Mephz said:
AceSoldia said:
probably just mad everyone is fraking dead..

If you are talking about me then no, could not care less about that. Winry and the others can all die for all I care. The whole thing about challenging god and this pathetic villian is horrible. They just had to blend in some religion bullshit and make this story a total mess...nice job.

In a universe where multiple cultural groups have talked about different gods (Ishval, Lior to an extent) I doubt this "god" is a God in the religious sense. It's more likely just a nameless extreme source of energy and Father refers to it as God.

And Truth-kun is Jesus.
Feb 9, 2010 8:20 PM

Jun 2008
ArnoldK said:

Winry. Dead. Pinako. Dead. Alex and Olivier Armstrong. Dead. Gracia and Ellicia. Dead.

Will they come back? Good chance they do, but god damn, when it comes to FMA, anything seems possible.

Everyone needs to calm down, FIRST of all, there's absolutely NO CHANCE that everybody will Stay dead like that, in the end they'll be revived, somehow.

Secondly, This is all very exciting, but; a bit TOO PREDICTABLE.

WE ALL KNOW HOW THIS WILL END.

bad guy gets defeated, everyone is revived, happy ever after. THE END.

Hopefully this all wraps up in the next 3-5 chapters.

HERE IS A BIG RULE IN MANGA/ANIME:

when a LOT of characters die in a short period of time, they are usually revived.
--ALEX--Feb 9, 2010 8:24 PM
Feb 9, 2010 8:42 PM

Feb 2009
alexcampos said:
ArnoldK said:

Everyone needs to calm down, FIRST of all, there's absolutely NO CHANCE that everybody will Stay dead like that, in the end they'll be revived, somehow.

I think that there's a very good chance that a few of them, not all of them, but a couple, will remain dead.

"For me to imprison God within my body required an enormous amount of energy. And the citizens of this country provided it to me"

It's entirely possible that he used up at least some of the souls in order to retain the power of God.

Feb 9, 2010 8:50 PM

Sep 2009
OMG. And the chapter in no way started off as epic as it was in the end.

When you think about it, Father has been planning this for hundreds of years.If I were him I'd be pissed if it didn't work.

But total shit bricks. FMA is a godsend. From Father.
Feb 9, 2010 9:22 PM

Apr 2008
I believe that riza hawkeye's back holds the answer to defeating father and the reason he looks so much like elric brother/ hohenheim is because he father was made from there same drop of blood so therefore he looks like a edward.

Now they need to somehow defeat father and create an opposite reaction to that transmuation cicle sacrifice to send back all the souls to there orginal bodies otherwise even if they defeat him the souls will be released and will not return back and will stay dead, I see someone in the end who will sacrifice themself for everyone and I think this time its going to be riza.

Feb 9, 2010 9:23 PM

Jan 2010
so the whole FMA antagonist-boss is a cyclop...
horray to the oddyssey ! =D
Feb 9, 2010 9:29 PM

Jul 2008
Arc_ said:
Shit just got real.

Oh, my heart.
Feb 9, 2010 9:30 PM

Apr 2008
Valkyrie-Ryu said:
DarK_LiGhT said:
I believe that riza hawkeye's back holds the answer to defeating father and the reason he looks so much like elric brother/ hohenheim is because he father was made from there same drop of blood so therefore he looks like a edward.

Now they need to somehow defeat father and create an opposite reaction to that transmuation cicle sacrifice to send back all the souls to there orginal bodies otherwise even if they defeat him the souls will be released and will not return back and will stay dead, I see someone in the end who will sacrifice themself for everyone and I think this time its going to be riza.
Oh yea we can't forget about that opposite circle.. it might still be of use..

I guessed what happend in the chapter back when chapter 102 came out ^^

proof:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=141925&show=80

Am guessing I might be right again.

Feb 9, 2010 9:49 PM

Apr 2008
dvd-video said:
so the whole FMA antagonist-boss is a cyclop...
horray to the oddyssey ! =D

There is more to the one eye than meets the eye, it is the embodiment of true and complete evil in our world, maybe you should take a harder look at our own world and you will understand what am talking about.

One eye symbolizes the cutting of from our inner eye which is the heart and seeing through only perception and observing the world through only our five senses.

Remmber that the heart can see and if one closes it they will be one eyed.

Feb 9, 2010 9:56 PM

Nov 2007
What the O_O, so he absorbs the people of the world and becomes similar looking to Ed, but how in the world are they going to fight him now @_@?
Feb 9, 2010 10:15 PM

Dec 2008
I just hope everyone stays dead.

Except Winry. She might come back to life if she wishes.
Feb 10, 2010 1:08 AM

Apr 2007
Cenedess said:
Monochrome said:
Cenedess said:
Me too, I spent like two minutes searching for him in panel after panel, over and over again until I was sure that i didn't miss anything and yes, WHOA HE'S NOT HERE WHY IS HE NOT HERE xD It's...sad, really.
Heh that's so true, but you just can't help it sometimes right? XD

DarK_LiGhT said:
If anyone is going to sacrifice themself, I have a feeling it will be Hohenheim. He came to central specifically to stop Father and there's still his lovely wife who I'm sure he would like to see, even if it's in the afterlife.
Feb 10, 2010 4:27 AM

Apr 2009
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!
my throat hurts so bad from screaming so much during this chapter
AAAAAAHHH!
Feb 10, 2010 5:38 AM

Nov 2007
WA
Feb 10, 2010 5:52 AM
Apr 2009
fu said:
Mephz said:
In a universe where multiple cultural groups have talked about different gods (Ishval, Lior to an extent) I doubt this "god" is a God in the religious sense. It's more likely just a nameless extreme source of energy and Father refers to it as God.

And Truth-kun is Jesus.

I cosign with this...
Feb 10, 2010 7:03 AM

Oct 2009
WTF is all i can think...
Feb 10, 2010 7:14 AM

Feb 2007
fu said:
Mephz said:
AceSoldia said:

If you are talking about me then no, could not care less about that. Winry and the others can all die for all I care. The whole thing about challenging god and this pathetic villian is horrible. They just had to blend in some religion bullshit and make this story a total mess...nice job.

And Truth-kun is Jesus.

This "god" is the entire life source of the planet, according to Father. I had a bad feeling the aspect of religion would be brought up as a part of Father's plan, and this is one of those make or break chapters that will ruin the story for some people. I'm surprised Mephz is the only person so far who has posted negatively about the chapter.

I liked the chapter. Things were starting to become a little stagnant in the past 2 chapters, so it was a huge surprise for Father to perform his transmutation and succeed in the space of one chapter. But now I'm worried if the end of this series is going to be as awesome as the rest of this arc. I wonder how many more of us will react negatively if everyone is revived (lots of characters we have come to love will be back, yet it's a cliche that plagues the shounen genre).

Ha, computer malfunctioned on me and I somehow didn't lose my mini wall of text.
Feb 10, 2010 7:21 AM

Jan 2008
NOOOOO WINNNRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was the most unbelievable shit I've ever read....excuse while I scrape my brains off the walls and ceiling. EPIC. I just hope that somehow Winry comes back, and her and Ed can do the whole, I love you dance type of thing, cuz that's the real story here, and is in every story. FUCKING FATHER TRYNA FUCK SHIT UP. FUCK YOU.

I can't wait for the next one. This is up there with the best chapters ever.

Feb 10, 2010 9:38 AM

Feb 2009
BlueYoshi said:
fu said:
Mephz said:
AceSoldia said:

And Truth-kun is Jesus.

This "god" is the entire life source of the planet, according to Father. I had a bad feeling the aspect of religion would be brought up as a part of Father's plan, and this is one of those make or break chapters that will ruin the story for some people. I'm surprised Mephz is the only person so far who has posted negatively about the chapter.

I liked the chapter. Things were starting to become a little stagnant in the past 2 chapters, so it was a huge surprise for Father to perform his transmutation and succeed in the space of one chapter. But now I'm worried if the end of this series is going to be as awesome as the rest of this arc. I wonder how many more of us will react negatively if everyone is revived (lots of characters we have come to love will be back, yet it's a cliche that plagues the shounen genre).

Ha, computer malfunctioned on me and I somehow didn't lose my mini wall of text.

I bet if Aeris comes and returns the life force back to the planet, no one will complain about a little cliche mass revival.
Feb 10, 2010 10:22 AM

Nov 2009
The one ending I would hate to see, which would drop the 10 rating this manga has just received by me to a 4...

"I have absorbed all the souls of these people to house god within me, bwahaha I'm invincible... What's this? The souls inside of me are fighting back?! This is impossible!!"

:|
Like. They're souls.
And they don't like Father.
Idk.
I've seen it done before. Forgot what manga.
But it would make me cry.

*EDIT* Hurray, 100th post. XDD
Kyozou66Feb 10, 2010 10:25 AM
Feb 10, 2010 2:09 PM

Jan 2010
Oh my god I can't believe that just happened!!!!
I swear if something doesn't happen to make things better again I'm gonna freak
All those people better come back to life!!!
Gah!!
~Human kind can not gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain something of equal value must be lost.~ Alphonse Elric

Feb 10, 2010 2:14 PM

Sep 2008
No comment... THAT WAS JUST ... no comment.
Feb 10, 2010 2:16 PM

Aug 2008
To quote the immortal words of Tristan, "Holy sh*t on a sh*t sandwich with sh*t on top... and a side helping of sh*t!"
adamantine said:

Did Father just win?

More coherent thoughts later. Like when there is a translation. Didn't help. It was as bad as it looked.

Edited the post to something more fitting.
So, like, did we just lose? Did the series suddenly turn into a Instrumentality plan? Why does he look like Ed now? How does the giant Alkahestry circle fit into all this?

Man, we just got screwed over by Arakawa.
ckamFeb 10, 2010 2:21 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 14 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 28, 2011

9 by wildhood »»
Jan 29, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 2 Discussion

suki78787 - Aug 9, 2009

15 by OnigirisBasket »»
Jan 2, 11:05 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist &quot;Another Journey's End&quot; Chapter Discussion

animegurlfreak - Sep 23, 2010

44 by NaughtyNoddy »»
Nov 26, 2023 5:02 PM

» Why does MAL list 116 chapters?

Yman1512 - Dec 1, 2021

3 by DigiCat »»
Oct 30, 2023 1:14 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 6 Discussion

Heneshi - Jul 3, 2012

11 by Froqz17 »»
Oct 29, 2023 12:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.