Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cardcaptor Sakura Collector’s Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 4, 2017 11:31 PM

Aug 2007
There are some really splendid parts in this anime. I have to say season 1 and 2 are generally better pacing wise, but the ending of 3 was really good too. I was by far less interested in her changing them to Sakura Cards versus initial discovery of them, but the last season gave needed background to Clow. I've never watched the movies, so I'll need to check them out!

Overall, if I'm comparing this to another childhood favorite, is better than Sailor Moon. 7/10

Aug 19, 2017 7:31 AM

Jul 2011
All right so that's wrap! I finished the show and it was the best thing I've done these past days. Very cute show. Doesnt get too dark and stayed borderline friendly for kids and salarymen alike. There might be better magical girl shows now but we have to agree that it was the magical girl shows of the 90s, like ccs and sailor moon that established the modern foundation.
Oct 26, 2017 4:54 AM

Nov 2012
This series was fine, wasn't expecting too much but was expecting something slightly better then how it turned out tbh.

High 6 to low 7 for me (leaning more towards the 6 honestly).
Dec 1, 2017 7:13 PM

Aug 2010
I want more!

Series was a really good and enjoyable watch. My favorite magical girl series thus far. I found the romance the strongest point in this show. Sakura x Syaoran has become one of my top anime OTP's.

Dec 10, 2017 8:56 PM

Apr 2009
Honestly this show lost it's charm after Tokyo Tower. :(

By the way can anyone remind me on how and where did Shaoran get that teddy bear?

9/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2017 6:45 PM
Jul 2018
Finally finished with this show ! Personally I find first 26 episodes to be really solid until sensei appear. Still it went good but the weak suspense (especially how each episode ended) really could frustrated me because it could make her looked villain. Same for Eriol. But at the end, I liked how everything got explained.
There were tons of filler(which I didn't check until I finished this show) which were quite good tbh because most filler felt no different than nonfiller episodes. But after episode around 60 it kinda felt kinda repetitive and weaker. Also Sharon's character development was confusing tbh especially at the end. I really used to like him alot when he was serious.
Anyway one interesting that I noted that when anime aired(which also I didn't check until I finished this show), the anime actually passed the manga chapters during it was airing and finished earlier than manga. But still the way it open ended really caught me surprise. It was really fitting the way it ended!

Overall, 8.5(9)/10 from me. Possibly best shojo show I watched and sometimes it felt shounen too. The main gripes of this show was almost all characters were likable (especially Sakura's development)and soundtrack as well.

Dec 30, 2017 7:30 PM

Dec 2016
That was quite the surprise party, funny how it went from spooky & mysterious to that.

Nice to see Mizuki one more time.

I had a feeling Syaroan would have to leave because his duties were fulfilled.

Very happy those 2 got to say goodbye at the end and he finally gave her the bear.

The love card I guess?

What a wonderful journey this was. 9/10
Jan 16, 2018 2:34 PM

Mar 2016
my heart!!!!!!!!!!!111
Jan 24, 2018 9:20 AM

Nov 2011
What a great twist when Sakura created his own Sakura card. Of course if I did not see the Japanese version, the ending would have been a bit miserable with the Italian adaptation. Really excellent final that deepens a bit of things including the sentimental side of the story. Quality of drawings and animations, good. On the whole there were moments a bit static and a little boring, but this anime series has been able to prove to have character and quality in various aspects well above the defects.

My vote is 8.5/10
Feb 27, 2018 10:07 AM

Jan 2018
It's kinda frustrating that in the end Sakura didn't/couldn't reveal her feelings, especially in regards to how long it took for Shaoran to reveal his feelings to her. But it was a good ending and a nice rewatch.

Jun 7, 2019 5:25 PM

Oct 2015
Glad Syaoran finally gave Sakura the bear, I guess things are finally looking for the guy. But I was more glad that she made all the flow cards hers and now she's the most powerful magical person in the world. As for Eriol I get why he created those incidents for Sakura, but that was dangerous especially to those around her. He deserved a punch or a slap for being troublesome to others and to Sakura, a tea party wasn't going to make up for what he did. He's lucky that Sakura is such an angel!

I enjoyed this a lot, but would've been nice if they did a time skip but oh well! Likable characters and a good ambience. But the plot was so so, meaning it was rather simple and could be enjoyed by kids mostly. The romance wasn't that deep, in fact it was grade school love to be precise. The Sakura confession to Yukito did make me sad a bit, but the Meilin heartbreak didn't hurt me at all, in fact I think she deserved it because I didn't like her.

This was very good and one of the best magical girl anime besides Madoka and Nanoha.

8/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 22, 2019 6:10 PM
Jul 2018
After watching all through often recommended Shoujo Anime rated 8.21 right now (CCS, SK Utena, P Tutu) i can bravely say that three of those has its flaws and probably CCS is the most enjoyable than the other two.
Aug 21, 2019 5:35 AM

Jan 2013
I liked this anime until the last arc started.
Got really bored by it, as it was almost filler levels of bad. Nothing of interest happened.
Aug 31, 2019 8:21 AM

May 2016
I'm really surprised that it took me over a whole year to finish this but I absolutely loved watching it all the way~ The length of the show was really intimidating and I originally did not plan on watching a magical girl anime as frilly as Cardcaptor Sakura but saving my girlfriend's CCS CD from way back into her childhood from being used as a part of a December project that got thrown out eventually was one of the best decisions I've ever done.

Sakura's true feelings for Li transcended words then magically manifested itself into reality through the LOVE Card and convinced her to confront Shaoran in such a satisfyingly heartwarming ending that I had nothing but tears of joy for them! I got 3 Sakura Cards from her as a graduation gift while I was still halfway into the anime nearing the end of the Clow Card Arc so it was a very nice surprise to find out that the last card she gave me turned out to be the very last card in the anime ♡

Sep 26, 2019 9:29 AM

Jun 2015
So it's time to venture in Clear Card now.
Do you guys recommend watching the 1st movie? Totally watching the second.
Jan 4, 2020 12:17 PM

Dec 2010
After slightly over 3 years I was finally able to finish this show. I thought I'd be done with it in just a few weeks when I first started watching it since it was pretty awesome at the beginning but the hype soon started dying down. Also I had the feeling the story was unnecessarily stretched towards the end.
Regardless the anime was still altogether a great experience. Gotta watch the movies and specials now. And afterwards the Clear Card sequel.
Sep 13, 2020 5:53 AM

Jun 2013
I actually enjoyed the story more as it progressed. Plus I like that Sakura didn't 'confess' because I think she had only just realised her feelings for him - like Li had the time to really understand his love for her I think it's good at she has some time too & then when they meet again they'd be ready to date seriously.
Jan 11, 2021 12:47 PM
Jan 2021
I really enjoyed the ending, I actually cried,, well maybe its bc i'm a sucker for romance but ye i really like howit all came together with Clow and Mizuki and the whole gang.

I feel a bit sorry for Yue he looked so down ;_; but I yea I hope one day Eriol will come back again and treat them to another tea party lol
May 11, 2021 6:23 AM

Aug 2018
So why really Sakura rewrote cards?.. Eriol says something that he won't live - is he going to die soon, or something?.. I didn't understand, why this happened.. Like couldn't Eriol just take cards for himself, and that's all?.. And this way be with Keroberos and Yue?.. Or at least take Yue with himself, or someone from cards, who wanted to remain with him.. Like, suddenly cards became without Clow, so what, can't he become master again?.. Or his new form doesn't have magic powers?.. Seems like he has powers.. I don't mind that in the end they decided to do, what they decided.. But it's a bit strange, why Clow really didn't choose to reunite with Yue or someone..
So Sakura created some card on her own?.. Wonder, what is that card.. Well, it literally can be anything, to be honest.. Like we see heart, but I think that some love card or something wouldn't be a good idea.. Like card, who forces to love or something?.. I don't know about that.. So I don't really know, what card was that, really..
I didn't like romance too much in this series, at least not between Shaoran and Sakura.. With Yukito it was more interesting, but in the end Yukito decided to not enter there.. And Shaoran and Sakura - I personally feel that their relationship was for a very long time just friendship.. And if Sakura has some feelings in the end for Shaoran after his confession.. It really is just too big of change, to be honest.. So these moments were friendship before, but all of a sudden love moments for Sakura?.. I don't know about that.. I think they need proper time to develop anything, and I don't think they had that time, at least not for Sakura's feelings to change.. Like Shaoran, ok, he had some time.. But why Sakura would start loving Shaoran all of a sudden after some confession?.. She can, but really if with more thoughts, not just some "well, it's different from Yukito/dad" - well, duh, Shaoran's personality is completely different from Yukito and dad, who are both omega kind, while Shaoran is not.. So that's why being with that person feels different, duh.. It's just unsatisfying, if this is all the basis to change for Sakura's feelings, and I just disagree with this concept then.. That's my personal feel about the state of romance right now.. But I'm glad that it didn't end in suddenly Sakura falling in love with Shaoran completely, lol..
I liked this anime otherwise, though.. Cards, relationships with them, just light magical girl anime feel.. With kind character as Yukito and Sakura's dad.. With strong character Tomoyo.. Anime was enjoyable to watch, and I think at least for now it wasn't ruined, end is like a question still, so I'll just ignore little bits of what I didn't like, really.. It was an enjoyable time majorly, and it was enjoyable and fun series to watch.. ;P
May 12, 2021 7:41 PM

Jul 2016
Fourth time I watch the show, the fourth time I squeal like a little girl with the ending.

With flaws and everything, I still love CCS with all my heart.
Jun 4, 2021 10:15 AM

Dec 2019
aaaaAAAAAAaaaaa that was glorious <3333

"i tried to drown an 8 year old once"
- @marinara-sauce

バンの一味

Jun 5, 2021 12:45 PM

Jun 2014
Sakura was confused about how she felt for Shaoran, and his leaving made her realize that she loved him, to the point that a new card was born out of her heart. Shaoran gave Sakura the teddy bear that he made before he left. Good thing that Wei had it on hand.

This was among the best anime I've seen! Now I know why so many people love it. It really had a little bit of everything. :)

Jun 30, 2021 4:01 PM

Jan 2021
I loved the ending!!!<333
Dec 4, 2021 6:25 PM

Dec 2015
I really wish I could've watched all of CCS when I was a kid. As an adult, the series felt boring at some moments, but DAMN, when there's a fantastic episode it's really FANTASTIC.
Mar 2, 2022 5:22 AM

Jun 2017
how heart melting. OTP FTW

I'm rather excited to start on the movie. all the signs are pointing towards it being nice ( top 4 MAL reviews being 10s, more notes to play about OTP, and it doesn't feel like it's really tied itself up yet, and of course the inherent strengths of being a series movie sequel)

Apr 17, 2022 10:33 AM

Dec 2015
will forever be a comfort anime for me <3
Aug 19, 2022 9:14 AM

Jul 2019
So, uh, I've finally finished it after 6 months! Well, the first 30 episodes were just repetition SoL. Then, I thought the pace would change and it did. But only because of the Mystery surrounding clow and the arrival of a new "kid". Other than that, it went back to the established formula but with the presence of the supposed threat. Towards the end, it's clear that love and Sakura's feelings toward Soran and Yukito were the main elements of the series. Love being the theme, I suppose. I like how Sakura's feelings were handled and that it was done pretty maturely. Nothing of fetish designed for exploitation that I initially thought.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Nov 1, 2022 8:11 PM

Oct 2021
What a great ending to the series, this was such a lovely final episode, oh man them feels.

Gotta say this CCS is really special, the overall heartwarming tone makes me so happy, a true classic.
Mar 14, 2023 4:23 PM
Jul 2018
I’m crying like a baby. This show is masterpiece, and probably the funnest anime i’ve ever watched. Why do all good things have to end?!
Jun 10, 2023 8:54 PM
Jul 2017
weak explanation by clow's reincarnation
weak reintro to the red headed woman
no confession from sakura
was a new card created when she cried?

Jul 14, 2023 4:55 PM
Aug 2022
69 fit better the last ep shit
Jul 29, 2023 12:20 PM
Jul 2023
Best anime in the world. love it!
Aug 29, 2023 10:29 AM
Jul 2023
absolutely amazing ending to the show
Sep 23, 2023 8:22 PM

Sep 2017
What a nice ending to the show, its been years since I rewatched ending, and its as great as ever.

Glad she realises her feelings with her newly created card of hearts/love. Its a really touching ending to their relationship with the song showing the moments where Sakura was with Syaoran.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Oct 10, 2023 7:03 PM

May 2013
It's nice that Eriol/Clow's plans worked out perfectly and all (and, magically, nobody ever got hurt!) but he's still kind of a psycho.

That aside, the ending was nice. I think the show was pleasant overall, but there was a lot that it could've done without. The characters will stay with me for a while.
fatdinosaurOct 10, 2023 7:07 PM
Oct 13, 2023 9:14 AM

Mar 2019
What an adorable anime, I will keep it in my heart forever!💖💞
Jan 14, 2:42 AM

Apr 2017
To think... Sakura spent all that time spoiling Yue and giving him preferential treatment over Kero. Meanwhile, Kero immediately accepted Sakura as his master while Yue was still holding onto Clown Reed... Honestly, Kero deserved better.

And Li gave her the bear! <3!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 37 Discussion

xxjanism - Aug 7, 2009

36 by CronoGlasses »»
Apr 8, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kappaka - Sep 12, 2008

76 by Daviljoe193 »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 57 Discussion

gohdan - Apr 25, 2010

46 by johneaston »»
Apr 6, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 11 Discussion

enkil - Jun 29, 2009

36 by Ch0coPudding »»
Mar 31, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 10 Discussion

enkil - Jun 27, 2009

43 by Ch0coPudding »»
Mar 31, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.