Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 30, 2016 7:55 AM
Jan 2009
New season? Who cares, rie isn't coming back as director. Fuck her for taking an incredible manga and using it as a vehicle to write a bad fanfiction and missing the point of everything

Though this new director is pretty green?

Much hype
Nov 30, 2016 8:08 AM

Aug 2014
*reads title* same
Nov 30, 2016 8:09 AM

Dec 2013
No clue lmao, what is this indeed
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Nov 30, 2016 8:16 AM

Oct 2008
Lmao im not gonna watch it if i have to wait months for the last episode again
Nov 30, 2016 8:26 AM

Sep 2014
I hope we have to wait several month between the first and second episode :D
Because they need the time to write a proper story. For every anime that gets a second season for no reason, the second season of a good anime dies ._.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 30, 2016 8:36 AM

Nov 2014
I have my hopes! :3
Nov 30, 2016 8:38 AM
The Cutest♡

May 2011
Yes it is the second season

i'll probably watch it because i like my b movie anime.
Nov 30, 2016 9:14 AM

Dec 2015
Didn't expect this with a lot of anime only getting 1 season (1 cour) nowadays. 1st season wasn't that good. (And annoying with the delay for the last episode.) I still might watch the 2nd season - characters were cool and maybe there is differen/better plot in the 2nd season. Reminds me of Gangster wich aired 1 season later and also was only 1 cour. Also a bit bit weird (but better than Kekkai Sensen). I hope this will get a 2nd season as well.
Nov 30, 2016 9:50 AM

May 2009
First season was huge success disc sales-wise so it was obvious second season will happen.
Nov 30, 2016 9:54 AM

Dec 2014
Let's see how it goes...for now no clue here
Nov 30, 2016 10:49 AM
Oct 2015
Kekkai Sensen's anime had a filler story added into it, that eventually turned into the ending of the 1st season.
Which is probably why the story felt so disjointed to some.
I've been reading the manga for a while, and I'm loving it so far.
If the director follows the manga faithfully, we're in for a good time.
Nov 30, 2016 11:55 AM

Feb 2014
Lol there's always some sour people no matter where you go. BBB had some of the best anime-original material I've seen in some time. I usually hate unneeded anime original content, but in this case, the director brought the series to a different level of awesome and made it great. Who cares if it wasn't that faithful, it was still awesome and creative, get over yourselves. I wish more anime orginal content we see in adaptations these days were half as good as what we got in the first season, my lord.

Can't wait for the second season.
Nov 30, 2016 12:06 PM
Jan 2009
LoomyTheBrew said:
Lol there's always some sour people no matter where you go. BBB had some of the best anime-original material I've seen in some time blah blah

You have never read one page of the manga
The anime material was garbage and took away from the series completely. There was no shortage of great content to adapt from and expand upon with no need for black and white to exist. We could have gotten more Femt and Aligula if they really needed filler content (they didnt) among a million other possibilities.
Nov 30, 2016 1:34 PM

Nov 2012
Nyron said:
LoomyTheBrew said:
Lol there's always some sour people no matter where you go. BBB had some of the best anime-original material I've seen in some time blah blah

The anime material was garbage blablahblah

Read the first volumes of the manga and the anime was still more enjoyable imo even if it was a clusterfuck
Dec 1, 2016 2:09 PM

Feb 2014
Nyron said:
LoomyTheBrew said:

The anime material was garbage and took away from the series completely. There was no shortage of great content to adapt from and expand upon with no need for black and white to exist. We could have gotten more Femt and Aligula if they really needed filler content (they didnt) among a million other possibilities.

I've read the first few chapters actually! Haven't really felt compelled to get back to it. I liked the creative direction of the anime much more (even from the start), not to take a knock at Nightow and his work, but I really enjoy Matsumoto's unique style and preferred her direction and vision in this case.
Dec 1, 2016 10:38 PM

Apr 2014
Another trash anime with shitty plot gets second season, that's what is this.
Dec 2, 2016 7:01 PM
Aug 2016
atlas610 said:
but you know bones isn't really known for good wrtting.

You do know the mangaka Nigtow wrote this so if you want to blame someone for bad writing blame the original creator. Also a lot of script writers work at multiple different studios for example the same person who wrote the script for cowboy beebop also wrote wolf's rain and Satoshi kon's film Tokyo godfathers. The same person who wrote the script for captain earth also wrote for fooly cooly, redline and revolutionary girl utena. The truth is you never know what you are going to get out of any anime. Regardless of what studio is doing it or who's directing it or doing the music for it etc...
Dec 4, 2016 11:11 PM
Jan 2009
Meh_Meh_2 said:
atlas610 said:
but you know bones isn't really known for good wrtting.

You do know the mangaka Nigtow wrote this so if you want to blame someone for bad writing blame the original creator. Also a lot of script writers work at multiple different studios for example the same person who wrote the script for cowboy beebop also wrote wolf's rain and Satoshi kon's film Tokyo godfathers. The same person who wrote the script for captain earth also wrote for fooly cooly, redline and revolutionary girl utena. The truth is you never know what you are going to get out of any anime. Regardless of what studio is doing it or who's directing it or doing the music for it etc...

dont you dare blame nightow for bones' shit
that would be like blaming FMA's author for the interdimensional nazis at the end of FMA03
Dec 4, 2016 11:35 PM
Apr 2015
Nyron said:
Meh_Meh_2 said:

that would be like blaming FMA's author for the interdimensional nazis at the end of FMA03

you seem to have read kekkai sensen? Does it even have a plot?
Dec 5, 2016 8:16 AM
Aug 2016

#1) Nightow is not god! and the Manga is not always perfect. boku no hero academia is a panel by panel adaptation, is that a amazing anime? no!BTW. FMA's manga had some bullshit to. (greed never fully covers his body when fighting Brotherhood version Wrath)

#2) no the kekkai sensen's manga doesn't really have a plot.it's very episodic. The anime original content did give it more of a plot thou.
Dec 5, 2016 11:28 AM
Jan 2009
Nightow's no god, but the anime was definitely not his vision. It butchered a lot of things about the characters, aesthetic and series structure

The director looked at the manga, was like "I don't get it", and then made it into something else
Dec 6, 2016 12:12 AM
Apr 2015
Meh_Meh_2 said:

#1) Nightow is not god! and the Manga is not always perfect. boku no hero academia is a panel by panel adaptation, is that a amazing anime? no!BTW. FMA's manga had some bullshit to. (greed never fully covers his body when fighting Brotherhood version Wrath)

#2) no the kekkai sensen's manga doesn't really have a plot.it's very episodic. The anime original content did give it more of a plot thou.
Nyron said:
Nightow's no god, but the anime was definitely not his vision. It butchered a lot of things about the characters, aesthetic and series structure

The director looked at the manga, was like "I don't get it", and then made it into something else

so explain to me what is so good about the manga? I cant find a site to read kekkai sensen online with all of its chapter or in really good quality.

I heard kekkai sensen b2b is better
Dec 6, 2016 8:16 AM
Jan 2009
It's just different, mileage may still vary

You could only read the Manga by buying it, there are no scans

B2B is the same series, but in a different magazine

I wrote a review of the manga on this site if you want to go look at it
Dec 8, 2016 12:35 PM
Aug 2016

There have been some interviews with Nightow and staff of the anime about his anime adaption of kekkai sensen. If you want to know how he feels about the anime. FUNimation DVDs released translated interviews with him. I can't find the full interview online thou.
example:

link to image website: http://blog.alltheanime.com/unboxing-blood-blockade-battlefront/

Japanese version for people who can speak Japanese. i can't.
AAA_XDDec 8, 2016 12:39 PM
Dec 15, 2016 6:47 AM

Jul 2014
Nyron said:
Meh_Meh_2 said:

But FMA 03 was way better than Brotherhood, so it's a moot point.
Dec 17, 2016 11:42 PM

Dec 2010
Haven't had a chance to read the manga yet but I thoroughly enjoyed the anime. Heck, I loved it to pieces. I think it's not a show for everyone, but as a New Yorker seeing many familiar sights animated was amazing, then add all of the music and shenanigans and it became one of all time my favorites.

I am so so hyped for the next season. Disappointed to hear the director won't be returning (because I really loved S1's style) but I love the characters and world enough to watch regardless of the direction.

Given the way the first season ended with Black & White, I think the studio left itself open to returning to manga plots (or-God forbid!-other anime only plots) in future adaptations. At this point with so little to go on all we can do is approach it with an open mind.
May 16, 2017 9:13 AM

Nov 2015
Nyron said:
New season? Who cares, rie isn't coming back as director. Fuck her for taking an incredible manga and using it as a vehicle to write a bad fanfiction and missing the point

The manga is not that Incredible
Plus with out her this anime might not have been that successful in Japan look: https://myanimelist.net/news/50582644

^NHK's top 100 anime voted by the Japanese. Japan dose'nt make a big deal out of anime original content like people here on MAL do.

Even both versions of FMA including 2003 made it to this list.

So Kekkai Sensen is' not exactly a BAD ADAPTAION ;)
HACKs! 🤢🤮
May 16, 2017 10:45 PM
Dec 2016
mehmehperson said:
Nyron said:
New season? Who cares, rie isn't coming back as director. Fuck her for taking an incredible manga and using it as a vehicle to write a bad fanfiction and missing the point

The manga is not that Incredible
Plus with out her this anime might not have been that successful in Japan look: https://myanimelist.net/news/50582644

^NHK's top 100 anime voted by the Japanese. Japan dose'nt make a big deal out of anime original content like people here on MAL do.

Even both versions of FMA including 2003 made it to this list.

So Kekkai Sensen is' not exactly a BAD ADAPTAION ;)

1. NHK is a dump poll :) I think it's more like a fandom (fangirl+fanboy) poll :)
2. Kekkai Sensen has no big point like other action manga :) It's just a funny-cute manga with fighting moments.
3. Without Rie Matsumoto, KS would be popular like Otomatsu-san or sunk deep into the past by now

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2017

157 by Alexa78 »»
Apr 5, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

102 by Cole_1209 »»
Apr 2, 1:37 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2017

175 by Cole_1209 »»
Apr 2, 1:36 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

73 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 24, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

107 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 23, 4:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.