Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 29, 2016 11:38 AM

Dec 2012
According to the latest visual Rewrite Season 2 will air on January 14th, 2017.

Have to post it here since Season 2 entry isn't approve yet.
IshkotenNov 29, 2016 12:28 PM
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 29, 2016 11:41 AM
Jul 2018
Got that from Zayd but still, its pretty good in a sense of airing slot.

As usual it will air on Saturdays which is actually a good thing honestly, unless I have other shows from that exact season airing but, still nice.
Nov 29, 2016 3:02 PM

Mar 2016
Do you guys realy believe that S2 will be better?

I guess when we get PV, then MAL staff make S2 entry
Nov 29, 2016 3:48 PM
Jul 2018
Materialist said:

I think the only way they can make the second season better is by eliminating Aoishima from the script writing (Aoishima is working on Gabriel DropOut on the exact same season so the possibility is Takahashi to work on the script instead, he/she worked on Episodes 2 and 4 of S1 only from what I gathered).

And since Moon and Terra would be short because most of their routes consists of a lot of inner monologues and text, especially Moon, then I think it would turn more as decent.

+ Working more on the artstyle for this or try to basically make more NNK scenes for the anime because NNK can do a good job at it honestly.
Nov 29, 2016 3:56 PM

Sep 2014
Materialist said:

The first season covered about 90% of the vn already. They skipped a lot and I mean A LOT of content just to end up to that point of the story so I at least hope that the second season will be decent enough.
Nov 29, 2016 4:06 PM
Jul 2018
Hrybami said:
Materialist said:

The first season covered about 90% of the vn already. They skipped a lot and I mean A LOT of content just to end up to that point of the story so I at least hope that the second season will be decent enough.

I think moreso 80% or close 85%, They can't really butcher it unless they do change a lot of scenes in a bad sense. Or moreso, I would be pissed if they change that "scene" in Terra (I won't spoil but if anyone wants to know I can put the spoiler but everyone would know what scene I am talking about)
Nov 29, 2016 7:51 PM
Nov 2015
Still, I m not able to accept the art, which really lower my expectation of the 2nd season
Nov 30, 2016 4:55 AM

Apr 2015
sat2400 said:
Still, I m not able to accept the art, which really lower my expectation of the 2nd season

Yeah, this awful art is the worst second thing about this "anime".
I really despise character designs. I mean, what were they thinking? It's nothing like VN. The worst offender is probably Chihaya. She looks just like Kotori... in a bad wig.

Right?

And this is how it should be.

N7n4shiNov 30, 2016 5:11 AM
Nov 30, 2016 5:18 AM
Jul 2018
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
sat2400 said:

I really despise character designs. I mean, what were they thinking? It's nothing like VN. The worst offender is probably Chihaya. She looks just like Kotori... in a bad wig.

Right?

Actually the designs looks good, it's just Moe-Fied, not to mention that the VN's designs are not really that good, when it came to the eyes, I don't like them but Hinoue actually improved over the years on that. They're alright from the VN and the anime would have worked better if they could have less moefied it. But I'm good since I like Moe.

I actually found Planetarian's designs quite the opposite effect from yours with Rewrite tho. I mean the character designs for the VN were good but the designs for the anime were pretty Meh. I hated the eyes mostly, and the facial structure, and Yumemi in general.
Nov 30, 2016 8:28 AM
Nov 2015
SymphoniacTippy said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Right?

Actually the designs looks good, it's just Moe-Fied, not to mention that the VN's designs are not really that good, when it came to the eyes, I don't like them but Hinoue actually improved over the years on that. They're alright from the VN and the anime would have worked better if they could have less moefied it. But I'm good since I like Moe.

I actually found Planetarian's designs quite the opposite effect from yours with Rewrite tho. I mean the character designs for the VN were good but the designs for the anime were pretty Meh. I hated the eyes mostly, and the facial structure, and Yumemi in general.
but besides character's design, the background design for planetarian is solid. As I heard, to maxmize the visual effect during the presentation, David production does ask some staffs working in that planetarium to help them process it. So, I can see they really endeavor to make this series great.

for rewrite, I guess 8-bits really spend one year on the adaptation, and it looks like this is the major tasks they work on, but, you see how the series turns out. TBH, I don't think the issue is budget, I mean, I have watched half of the grisaia fruit they made with tons of budget; However, it's even much more boring emotional cheaper than the first seasons of LB , which really makes me wonder if 8-bits can really have a decent ability for good story-telling
Nov 30, 2016 8:40 AM
Jul 2018
sat2400 said:
SymphoniacTippy said:

but besides character's design, the background design for planetarian is solid. As I heard, to maxmize the visual effect during the presentation, David production does ask some staffs working in that planetarium to help them process it. So, I can see they really endeavor to make this series great.

for rewrite, I guess 8-bits really spend one year on the adaptation, and it looks like this is the major tasks they work on, but, you see how the series turns out. TBH, I don't think the issue is budget, I mean, I have watched half of the grisaia fruit they made with tons of budget; However, it's even much more boring emotional cheaper than the first seasons of LB , which really makes me wonder if 8-bits can really have a decent ability for good story-telling

I can't deny that everything else from the production wise was solid besides the designs (since I didn't like the structure of it neither the way they did it), I guess it's just my bias since I didn't really liked Planetarian in a sense from the start, and I did went to the VN afterwards since I wanted to see my problem. Mostly it was the pacing which was pretty slow for me as hell. But at least they worked with it, I just didn't really liked it in the end but that's just my thought.

The character designs could have been better there as I just feeled weirded out with Planetarian's character designs in a sense. I dunno mostly how it looked like compared to the source? It would be weird for me to say this but I don't know how can I put this without sounding like shit.

Most of the problems with 8bit isn't the budget and I know that for sure, most of their problems comes from probably them having some bad staff members thats all (in their own production with few exceptions in their end for example Ebata Ryouma, which he worked a lot of 8bit's stuff) and they have the baddest luck with schedules and such, which is a shame honestly.

As for Rewrite's case the reason why it turned out like this, is because of the schedule (which is horrifying, and having a shit ton of animators isn't actually normal for a production, especially for an episode or an entire show with it because normal would be One Animation Director and One Assistant, 3 max if it comes for the worst or they need some little help with it from what I remember from Zayd's end when we had a conversation), the episodes given (no surprise since Aniplex also gave a shit amount of episodes towards D.Gray Man Hallow and Qualidea Code), and a lot reliant on 2nd helping studios or mini studios, in production stance Rewrite's production wise when it comes to that is hell for everyone so I feel even more bad for the director for having this as well. That's just how I see it.

Also an extra note: Gotrys said that the character designs from the anime are not like the VN, yet I can say the same with Planetarian because I don't think it was the same compared to the VN of course, so we can complain about different Key works for the designs honestly.

That's just goes to show also we might get into arguments at later on points. Just saying and I just see we have different viewpoints on it so of course maybe Im going too much on that honestly, in terms of the visuals but in the end, eh... x.x
removed-userNov 30, 2016 9:48 AM
Nov 30, 2016 9:57 AM

Apr 2015
SymphoniacTippy said:
sat2400 said:

I can't deny that everything else from the production wise was solid besides the designs (since I didn't like the structure of it neither the way they did it), I guess it's just my bias since I didn't really liked Planetarian in a sense from the start, and I did went to the VN afterwards since I wanted to see my problem. Mostly it was the pacing which was pretty slow for me as hell. But at least they worked with it, I just didn't really liked it in the end but that's just my thought.

The character designs could have been better there as I just feeled weirded out with Planetarian's character designs in a sense. I dunno mostly how it looked like compared to the source? It would be weird for me to say this but I don't know how can I put this without sounding like shit.

Most of the problems with 8bit isn't the budget and I know that for sure, most of their problems comes from probably them having some bad staff members thats all (in their own production with few exceptions in their end for example Ebata Ryouma, which he worked a lot of 8bit's stuff) and they have the baddest luck with schedules and such, which is a shame honestly.

As for Rewrite's case the reason why it turned out like this, is because of the schedule (which is horrifying, and having a shit ton of animators isn't actually normal for a production, especially for an episode or an entire show with it because normal would be One Animation Director and One Assistant, 3 max if it comes for the worst or they need some little help with it from what I remember from Zayd's end when we had a conversation), the episodes given (no surprise since Aniplex also gave a shit amount of episodes towards D.Gray Man Hallow and Qualidea Code), and a lot reliant on 2nd helping studios or mini studios, in production stance Rewrite's production wise when it comes to that is hell for everyone so I feel even more bad for the director for having this as well. That's just how I see it.

Also an extra note: Gotrys said that the character designs from the anime are not like the VN, yet I can say the same with Planetarian because I don't think it was the same compared to the VN of course, so we can complain about different Key works for the designs honestly.

That's just goes to show also we might get into arguments at later on points. Just saying and I just see we have different viewpoints on it so of course maybe Im going too much on that honestly, in terms of the visuals but in the end, eh... x.x

Schedule? Well, that too. But mostly it's Tensho's fault. This guy can't direct shit.
Nov 30, 2016 10:00 AM

Dec 2014
well the first season was like getting not so interesting to watch in the end... I hope they so a proper ending this time
Nov 30, 2016 10:05 AM
Jul 2018
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
SymphoniacTippy said:

Schedule? Well, that too. But mostly it's Tensho's fault. This guy can't direct shit.

You're pretty much ignorant honestly, because of the schedule he would go through hell with that, in a bad sense. That's bad for him and everyone.

And as for "not directing shit" comment. I won't answer that, clearly that's just being ignorant and well, I'd say he's not shit, it's just he has bad luck with the schedules. That's just how I see it in the end honestly.
Nov 30, 2016 10:06 AM
Nov 2015
SymphoniacTippy said:
sat2400 said:

As for Rewrite's case the reason why it turned out like this, is because of the schedule (which is horrifying, and having a shit ton of animators isn't actually normal for a production, especially for an episode), the episodes given (no surprise since Aniplex also gave a shit amount of episodes towards D.Gray Man Hallow and Qualidea Code), and a lot reliant on 2nd helping studios or mini studios, in production stance Rewrite's production wise when it comes to that is hell for everyone so I feel even more bad for the director for having this as well. That's just how I see it.

key fans don't need to like planetarian bcause I rarely consider this work does belong to key, so does rewrite
Nov 30, 2016 10:09 AM
Jul 2018
sat2400 said:
SymphoniacTippy said:

As for Rewrite's case the reason why it turned out like this, is because of the schedule (which is horrifying, and having a shit ton of animators isn't actually normal for a production, especially for an episode), the episodes given (no surprise since Aniplex also gave a shit amount of episodes towards D.Gray Man Hallow and Qualidea Code), and a lot reliant on 2nd helping studios or mini studios, in production stance Rewrite's production wise when it comes to that is hell for everyone so I feel even more bad for the director for having this as well. That's just how I see it.

key fans don't need to like planetarian bcause I rarely consider this work does belong to key, so does rewrite

I never really said that Planetarian isn't a Key work honestly, and I think it belongs there, I just don't personally like it per say. But, I'd give them some credit, it just didn't really gave me a satisfaction in the end.
Nov 30, 2016 10:09 AM

Apr 2015
SymphoniacTippy said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

You're pretty much ignorant honestly, because of the schedule he would go through hell with that, in a bad sense. That's bad for him and everyone.

And as for "not directing shit" comment. I won't answer that, clearly that's just being ignorant and well, I'd say he's not shit, it's just he has bad luck with the schedules. That's just how I see it in the end honestly.

No. He can't direct anything with a story.
Nov 30, 2016 10:14 AM
Jul 2018
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
SymphoniacTippy said:

No. He can't direct anything with a story.

Yes he can. It's just bad luck he's getting, that's all I am saying.

Given to how he did that with Katanagatari's 7th episode and Rakuen, I do think he can. Honestly.

Then again I'm just gonna stop here before I get pissed off completely honestly.
Nov 30, 2016 10:23 AM
Nov 2015
SymphoniacTippy said:
sat2400 said:

I never really said that Planetarian isn't a Key work honestly, and I think it belongs there, I just don't personally like it per say. But, I'd give them some credit, it just didn't really gave me a satisfaction in the end.
Nothing wrong with the end, IMO, Btw, Just want to tell u that the author resign after finish this project. And key almost forgot it possibly until recently.

Sounds like I am a key disliker, yeah, I am actually, I already get tired of Maede's convention and formulas. his half works just involves school, students, people's death, conflicts, and the emotions being manipulates(and some of them are really cheap), I am not talking about clannad, instead, clannad is the No.1 of key, IMO. Maede's can't write something big, his world view is so small.

I know I will receive a lot of attacks in this community, but, This is just my thought about key. If u want to criticize me, just do it
Nov 30, 2016 10:34 AM
Jul 2018
sat2400 said:
SymphoniacTippy said:

Nothing wrong with the end, IMO, Btw, Just want to tell u that the author resign after finish this project. And key almost forgot it possibly until recently.

Sounds like I am a key disliker, yeah, I am actually, I already get tired of Maede's convention and formulas. his half works just involves school, students, people's death, conflicts, and the emotions being manipulates(and some of them are really cheap), I am not talking about clannad, instead, clannad is the No.1 of key, IMO. Maede's can't write something big, his world view is so small.

I know I will receive a lot of attacks in this community, but, This is just my thought about key. If u want to criticize me, just do it

Yo I won't criticize you for that honestly. That's just fine, if you don't like a specific writer's formula then that's fine with it. I like Maeda but I wouldn't go and dickride around like a motherfucker to say the least.

I won't criticize you because that's just a preference, I would try to criticize when people give shit arguments, that's all. Which in your case wouldn't be that label honestly if you wanna know. You're okay.
Nov 30, 2016 10:40 AM

Mar 2016
For me Rewrite(&Planetarian) is a best Key work, even if he threated like The Ugly Duckling.. we got a gorgeous swan afterwards

P.S. Charlotte is "Clannad'ish&AngelBeat'ed" Rewrite from Maeda.
Nov 30, 2016 12:05 PM
Nov 2015
SymphoniacTippy said:
sat2400 said:

Yo I won't criticize you for that honestly. That's just fine, if you don't like a specific writer's formula then that's fine with it. I like Maeda but I wouldn't go and dickride around like a motherfucker to say the least.

I won't criticize you because that's just a preference, I would try to criticize when people give shit arguments, that's all. Which in your case wouldn't be that label honestly if you wanna know. You're okay.
will it be okay for u not using some words like motherfucker, shit....blabla next time?, I know u are not insulting anything, but it just makes me feel weird. Plus, u are a college students studying the computer science, so, please take care what you say,,,please.
Nov 30, 2016 12:53 PM
Jul 2018
sat2400 said:
SymphoniacTippy said:

will it be okay for u not using some words like motherfucker, shit....blabla next time?, I know u are not insulting anything, but it just makes me feel weird. Plus, u are a college students studying the computer science, so, please take care what you say,,,please.

Sorry about that I guess. I usually would get pissed off so I would pretty much curse around when I'm pretty pissed off.

And you kinda got one thing wrong since I'm not really studying anymore for now.
Nov 30, 2016 12:54 PM
Jul 2018
Materialist said:
For me Rewrite(&Planetarian) is a best Key work, even if he threated like The Ugly Duckling.. we got a gorgeous swan afterwards

I got a bit confused on who is "The Ugly Duckling." But I think you refer as the respective authors or something? Can you clarify on that?
Nov 30, 2016 1:00 PM

Mar 2016
SymphoniacTippy said:
Materialist said:

I got a bit confused on who is "The Ugly Duckling." But I think you refer as the respective authors or something? Can you clarify on that?

"The Ugly Duckling" - It's a fairy tale by Danish poet and author Hans Christian Andersen.

The story tells of a homely little bird born in a barnyard who suffers abuse from the others around him until, much to his delight (and to the surprise of others), he matures into a beautiful swan
Nov 30, 2016 1:03 PM
Jul 2018
Materialist said:
SymphoniacTippy said:

"The Ugly Duckling" - It's a fairy tale by Danish poet and author Hans Christian Andersen.

The story tells of a homely little bird born in a barnyard who suffers abuse from the others around him until, much to his delight (and to the surprise of others), he matures into a beautiful swan

Hmm I didn't knew about the abuse part, but I got what you mean right now .w.
Nov 30, 2016 3:10 PM

Mar 2016
SymphoniacTippy said:

Nov 30, 2016 3:43 PM
Jul 2018
Materialist said:
SymphoniacTippy said:

E-Excuse me while I laugh because I do not know why.

You made my day with this Lmfao! (Its making me laugh even more with the entire shit thats going on on twitter on my end, which adds a lot more)

By the way I am sorry if I am laughing but I thought of something else Pffffttttt--
Dec 8, 2016 10:09 PM

Feb 2011
Materialist said:
SymphoniacTippy said:

LOL!!!! OMG, I laugh so loud I couldn't help it. Based of this picture Rewrite can still evolve, it shouldn't give up ( the ugly duckling can change into a beautiful swan): the second season can still improve and it can mix in like the rest of those cute duckling.
Dec 10, 2016 4:10 AM

Dec 2013
New key visual and Kotarou is looking badass!
Dec 10, 2016 4:20 AM

Apr 2015
G_Spark233 said:

No, this whole thing still looks like shit.

And remember guys - no money to be made here means no effort, and that equals no quality.

Also, 1st (abysmal) season, nuff said.
N7n4shiDec 10, 2016 4:43 AM
Dec 10, 2016 5:09 AM

Sep 2015
G_Spark233 said:

kagari's blush make look like drunk with too much coffee love
Into the Internet!
Dec 10, 2016 7:49 AM

Mar 2016
sooo, should we expect a f*cking CGI battle (smt. like episode 12_S1) on the Moon?
Dec 10, 2016 9:36 AM
Jul 2018
G_Spark233 said:

This looks fucking nice. xD

My baby looks good as fuck. :3
Dec 10, 2016 9:36 AM
Jul 2018
Materialist said:
sooo, should we expect a f*cking CGI battle (smt. like episode 12_S1) on the Moon?

I mean, its expected to have CGI though so I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
Dec 10, 2016 10:00 AM

Jan 2016
So the salt mines will resume their work? Good. Just give me a mellow picture of main characters in anime, that will be sufficient for this whimsical one.
In time, you will know the tragic extent of my fapping's...
Dec 10, 2016 10:30 AM

Jun 2015
SymphoniacTippy said:
Hrybami said:

I think moreso 80% or close 85%, They can't really butcher it unless they do change a lot of scenes in a bad sense. Or moreso, I would be pissed if they change that "scene" in Terra (I won't spoil but if anyone wants to know I can put the spoiler but everyone would know what scene I am talking about)

Do you mean
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Dec 10, 2016 10:50 AM

Jun 2013
SymphoniacTippy said:
G_Spark233 said:

This looks really fucking badass. I got chills only by looking at the pic.

Hope the PV will deliver and bump up the hype for the best routes of the game being animated (I don't care if turns out bad, i just want to see Moon's transition and MY BOY LOUIS).
Dec 10, 2016 10:54 AM

Jan 2015
Takamura-sama said:
SymphoniacTippy said:

Do you mean

/\ this, sorry but I don't know too, there a lot of things that I don't want it to be ruined
Dec 10, 2016 11:55 AM
Jul 2018
Takamura-sama said:
SymphoniacTippy said:

Do you mean

Nope, what I mean is:

Dec 10, 2016 11:57 AM
Jul 2018
Murasa22 said:
SymphoniacTippy said:

This looks really fucking badass. I got chills only by looking at the pic.

Hope the PV will deliver and bump up the hype for the best routes of the game being animated (I don't care if turns out bad, i just want to see Moon's transition and MY BOY LOUIS).

At this point, at least for me, I'm not really expecting some high quality stuff at least from the production, like shit ton, but I do want to hope that it delivers in a sense, and I want to see my favorite scenes from the Original VN Routes, especially for Moon with the fights... but I guess that's too much to ask in a sense. But I do hope that it delivers somehow.

And I remember Luis and I wanna see how he looks like actually, he never actually had a sprite either.
Dec 10, 2016 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
Arikado- said:
Takamura-sama said:

Do you mean

/\ this, sorry but I don't know too, there a lot of things that I don't want it to be ruined

I mean I don't want those scenes ruined but I don't want the scene that kinda made me feel teary-eyed.

Again, the scene in specific that I'm mentioning is:

Dec 10, 2016 4:05 PM
Jul 2016
G_Spark233 said:
wow, it looks like shit.
Dec 10, 2016 4:09 PM

Jun 2014
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
G_Spark233 said:

And remember guys - no money to be made here means no effort, and that equals no quality.

See man I agree with you about the anime being an insult to the VN and all but this visual seriously looks so good even when compared to other anime visuals, I know that you enjoy talking shit and everyone is like that once in a while but can you just be a bit open minded for one time :) ??
Dec 10, 2016 4:16 PM

Dec 2013
Ranoutofideas said:
G_Spark233 said:
wow, it looks like shit.

Nah this key visual actually looks pretty decent. Although I still don't have high expectations for the anime.
Dec 10, 2016 5:55 PM

Jan 2015
SymphoniacTippy said:
Arikado- said:

I mean I don't want those scenes ruined but I don't want the scene that kinda made me feel teary-eyed.

uh ... this scene, but I thought that S1 had already fu...
hope we can get something good, for sure it's a very decisive scene for my rate (I don't want to confess it made me teary-eyed).
Dec 10, 2016 6:03 PM

Jun 2014
ListAandM said:
G_Spark233 said:

kagari's blush make look like drunk with too much coffee love

more like Kotarou was too hot for her kek
I mean just look at the dude!
he is sexy AF
Dec 10, 2016 6:06 PM

Jan 2015
G_Spark233 said:

I liked it, never did I expect that any studio would it faithful to the VN art to begin with (kyo ani </3)

However, I don't really believe on it as for "the S2 animation quality", it's just a promotional picture/image...
Dec 10, 2016 7:46 PM
Jul 2018
Arikado- said:
SymphoniacTippy said:

uh ... this scene, but I thought that S1 had already fu...
hope we can get something good, for sure it's a very decisive scene for my rate (I don't want to confess it made me teary-eyed).

Also for the other response for you, since you wrote this:

I liked it, never did I expect that any studio would it faithful to the VN art to begin with (kyo ani </3)

However, I don't really believe on it as for "the S2 animation quality", it's just a promotional picture/image...

^ I have to say I agree, and also I'm pretty surprised they did it with the same color scheme, and it impresses me in a sense, but I don't think they would go and have the same quality, as I said prior, the schedule that Aniplex gave, the deadline, and such, really bugs me to see it in a sense (mostly because the more I go on Twitter when it comes to learning about how the anime industry works, the more I get pretty triggered about it)
Dec 11, 2016 5:43 AM

Apr 2015
zaydgh123 said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

See man I agree with you about the anime being an insult to the VN and all but this visual seriously looks so good even when compared to other anime visuals, I know that you enjoy talking shit and everyone is like that once in a while but can you just be a bit open minded for one time :) ??

Why? It's only promo visual. And the only good looking thing here is Kotarou. There's no way in hell 2nd season will look or be any good. Like I said - no money to be made = no effort = no quality. Also, that 1st season is a good reminder of things to come.
N7n4shiDec 11, 2016 5:51 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

293 by nhkam »»
Apr 6, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.