Forum Settings
Forums

Burn the flag...go to Jail! (Thanks Trump.....Making the First Amendment Great Again!)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 29, 2016 9:21 AM
Mar 2011
Heddie said:
Fuchsia said:
It may not be illegal, but it'd probably make you the most hated person on the fucken planet, see the similarity?
I'd very much rather be called a racist bigot 24/7 than be in jail. There is no similarity.

oh a prgamastist on mal its noce ot ifnd some one like me in these parts
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Nov 29, 2016 9:23 AM

Oct 2012
Lobinde said:
FontSize72LOL said:

Gotta fight fire with fire sometimes. Use their rhetoric against them. If i cant burn a gay pride flag (Just to clarify, I have nothing against gays, virtue signaling, etc) then the left shouldn't be able to burn the US flag.

I don't think it's illegal to burn a gay pride flag, and just to clarify I do not at all side with people who think that it should be.

I think you should be allowed to burn ANY flag, in ANY country, as long as you aren't doing it in a way that presents a safety hazard.

Except there has been a few cases where it was treated as a "hate crime". Its just burning a flag though, Its just a piece of cloth. Just like burning a cross, its just wood, whats the big deal? Like i find this as ridiculous as anyone else, but just for arguments sake, how are those freedoms of "expression" any different than burning a US flag? Terrorists burn our flag in the streets of foreign countries, and it obviously is offensive to some people. Yes, yes i know this is me sounding like an SJW here, but that is the whole point i'm trying to get across.
Nov 29, 2016 9:24 AM
Mar 2011
Fuchsia said:
DateYutaka said:

nope i do not in fact see he diffrence

Well no shit. If you you see the difference, you must also see the irony in way of thinking.

if the us is indded the most free nation in the world flag bruning shouldl be a OK

but on the other side of it

one thing i do find repungnnt is the Ideal of book burning
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Nov 29, 2016 9:25 AM
Mar 2011
FontSize72LOL said:
Lobinde said:

I don't think it's illegal to burn a gay pride flag, and just to clarify I do not at all side with people who think that it should be.

I think you should be allowed to burn ANY flag, in ANY country, as long as you aren't doing it in a way that presents a safety hazard.

Except there has been a few cases where it was treated as a "hate crime". Its just burning a flag though, Its just a piece of cloth. Just like burning a cross, its just wood, whats the big deal? Like i find this as ridiculous as anyone else, but just for arguments sake, how are those freedoms of "expression" any different than burning a US flag? Terrorists burn our flag in the streets of foreign countries, and it obviously is offensive to some people. Yes, yes i know this is me sounding like an SJW here, but that is the whole point i'm trying to get across.

trump is a right wing SJW who tried ot sue the Onion mide you

Nov 29, 2016 9:28 AM
Mar 2011
Fuchsia said:
DateYutaka said:

nope i do not in fact see he diffrence

Well no shit. If you you see the difference, you must also see the irony in way of thinking.
Heddie said:
I'd very much rather be called a racist bigot 24/7 than be in jail. There is no similarity.
You'd be surprised. You think people would simply mock you? these extremists wouldn't stop there. We're talking possible loss of job, lynching, vandalism and all sorts of shit. Opposition in ideology, especially if made public, can be a dangerous thing.

i live in very ight lenaing nation i i gte less hassle tha nn say

far rightsist or people i see as fra right give even modarate leftists in the us

Nov 29, 2016 9:33 AM

Jul 2013
DateYutaka said:
Fuchsia said:

You'd be surprised. You think people would simply mock you? these extremists wouldn't stop there. We're talking possible loss of job, lynching, vandalism and all sorts of shit. Opposition in ideology, especially if made public, can be a dangerous thing.

far rightsist or people i see as fra right give even modarate leftists in the us

Deciphering your sentences is a challenge in its own right.

Ik you're foaming at the mouth, but take your time and type slowly as to not make as many spelling errors.

Maybe then I can respond.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Nov 29, 2016 9:35 AM
Mar 2011
Fuchsia said:
DateYutaka said:

Ik you're foaming at the mouth, but take your time and type slowly as to not make as many spelling errors.

they way even modarte leftist are attacked in the us on everything

Nov 29, 2016 9:36 AM

Nov 2011
Fuchsia said:

Ik you're foaming at the mouth, but take your time and type slowly as to not make as many spelling errors. Maybe then I can respond.

he's using a typo generator of sort. it's pretty much how he always write on MAL.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Nov 29, 2016 9:37 AM
Mar 2011
DreamingBeats said:
Fuchsia said:

Ik you're foaming at the mouth, but take your time and type slowly as to not make as many spelling errors. Maybe then I can respond.

he's using a typo generator of sort. it's pretty much how he always write on MAL.

your now mocking me now beats

Nov 29, 2016 9:37 AM

Jan 2012

this is from an american

I am American, and I say fuck this country. I hate it here. The government is corrupt and the people are brainless idiots.

burn that stupid gypsy flag

a flag is just freaking tissue

the most hated country in the world is Murica

Nov 29, 2016 9:38 AM

Jul 2013
DateYutaka said:
Fuchsia said:

The leftists incharge of academia and the media, for the most part, are the ones being attacked?

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Nov 29, 2016 9:43 AM

Jan 2012
haha

sad it was probably a Chinese flag anyway.

Nov 29, 2016 9:44 AM

Jul 2013
@AllenVonStein

If you truly do hate your country there are plenty of options likely available to you. Firstly you could leave the country for another, of course this would require money. Or you could attempt to influence a change in government. It doesn't have to be on the federal level, but rather the local level or state level. To simply bitch and moan about not liking the country shows the type of person you are. Downright lazy and a coward.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Nov 29, 2016 9:45 AM

Jun 2008
Jesus Christ...look at the way Trump Supporters defend this shit!

My god...what is wrong with you guys?!?

Look...I voted for Obama in 2012 and I constantly disagreed with MANY of his points during his second term.

You know just because you voted or support Trump doesn't mean you have to agree with all his nonsense.
Nov 29, 2016 9:48 AM

Jan 2013
JustALEX said:

Look...I voted for Obama in 2012 and I constantly disagreed with MANY of his points during his second term.

You know just because you voted or support Trump doesn't mean you have to agree with all his nonsense.

They're too busy deepthroating him to think :D
Nov 29, 2016 9:51 AM
Mar 2011
Fuchsia said:
DateYutaka said:

The leftists incharge of academia and the media, for the msot part, are the ones being attacked?

bullshit murdock runs more press than most people do and h a far right loon or he at lest far right of me

there is alos more unity in the right the left of unity and amount of right wing entryism in the left in the us and UK is sickening to me

just the amount of neo libreals in tthe left trun my stomach the most anti worker ecomaic ideal going is now ok with the left well fuck me side ways ad call me toto

the old left has lost its way

also the maout of neo cons in the left now sicken me even more

htichen fake letfist neo lib neo con Chickenhawk
harris is ok with the use of Turture [ and the harrisite left are too]

and harris is znonist to

and people on th left call him a hero

the left lost it way cuase of the lack of leadership so we llet the extreme side grow it our fault but Pragamtic modarates like me are the only one left to figts thwm from the left the old center left has shifted right xo nw there pure centerist

im a lib sco and always have been one

Nov 29, 2016 9:52 AM

Jan 2012
Fuchsia said:
@AllenVonStein

If you truly do hate your country there are plenty of options likely available to you. Firstly you could leave the country for another, of course this would require money. Or you could attempt to influence a change in government. It doesn't have to be on the federal level, but rather the local level or state level. To simply bitch and moan about not liking the country shows the type of person you are. Downright lazy and a coward.

haha murica is most hated country first in list

But without further adieu, here are the top 10 most hated countries in the world.

United States of America, Land of the Free and Hated. ...
Germany Speaks for Itself…One Word: Hitler. ...
Don't Visit Belgium. ...
Saudi Arabia – Bad for Women or Everyone. ...
Mexico – A Terrible Place? ...

would maybe like Murica if Hillary won

lol It's just a flag. The values of American aren't contained in a flag, if people there still do have some values to begins with only morons there , When someone burns a flag the correct response is to laugh at them.

that's just show how moron and eazy triggered someone can get , u realize it's made in china too

guess trump is ur god

Nov 29, 2016 9:52 AM
Mar 2011
CondemneDio said:
JustALEX said:

They're too busy deepthroating him to think :D

could not agee more

Nov 29, 2016 9:54 AM

Oct 2012
JustALEX said:

>Trump Supporter

Don't really support him that much, but if he riles up people like yourself, I could care less what happens. Supporting the Trump that is angering you guys is my way of "Burning the flag".
Nov 29, 2016 9:55 AM
Mar 2011
AllenVonStein said:
Fuchsia said:
@AllenVonStein

haha murica is most hated country first in list

But without further adieu, here are the top 10 most hated countries in the world.

United States of America, Land of the Free and Hated. ...
Germany Speaks for Itself…One Word: Hitler. ...
Don't Visit Belgium. ...
Saudi Arabia – Bad for Women or Everyone. ...
Mexico – A Terrible Place? ...

would maybe like Murica if Hillary won

lol It's just a flag. The values of American aren't contained in a flag, if people there still do have some values to begins with only morons there , When someone burns a flag the correct response is to laugh at them.

that's just show how moron and eazy triggered someone can get , u realize it's made in china too

guess trump is ur god

no if a proprer leftist won then then the us would be alot better of in eduaction and press freedom [ yes the ty are slipping down in this ]

Nov 29, 2016 9:58 AM

Dec 2013
I've already mentioned many times I'm not a Trump supporter but I'd be 100% okay with burning the flag being illegal. It isn't something I'd actively advocate for but I won't complain about it.
Nov 29, 2016 10:00 AM

Jul 2013
@AllenVonStein

You literally didn't mention anything I said,, nice scapegoat.

It's not the flag, it's what it represents. I would be saying this about pretty much every flag of a western country. Clearl you, as many millennials do, take their country and freedom for granted. And it's not just that, it's the pure stupidity of saying that you dislike something but not doing something practical about it.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Nov 29, 2016 10:08 AM

Jan 2012
JustALEX said:

lol they will believe anything literally their god would say or anything related to him , just in video above .

Mod Edit: Removed off-topic post
TyrelNov 29, 2016 5:06 PM

Nov 29, 2016 10:09 AM

Dec 2013
@Fuchsia

Well to be fair, his "doing something practical about it" is being one of the propaganda machines in the Current Events section.
Nov 29, 2016 10:13 AM

Jan 2012
@Hibbington u may call it propaganda machines but it's not

but not only on mal i post

in facebook , youtube , blogs....

when i am done there i come here

cuz there's more activity there

Nov 29, 2016 10:15 AM

Oct 2015
Fuchsia said:
@AllenVonStein

It's not the flag, it's what it represents. I would be saying this about pretty much every flag of a western country. Clearl you, as many millennials do, take their country and freedom for granted. And it's not just that, it's the pure stupidity of saying that you dislike something but not doing something practical about it.

And those freedoms are not contained inside a piece of cloth.

If you make burning the U.S flag illegal, you might as well just burn the constitution while you're at it.

While burning the flag of your own country is in most circumstances a petty, entitled action a better course of action would be to make your country good enough so that no one wants to burn its flag, rather than make flag burning illegal.
Nov 29, 2016 10:17 AM

Jul 2013
@AllenVonStein

Having other hobbies makes me unworthy to converse with the big boys up here in CE? Please. You type like a fucking child, you really shouldn't be the one going off topic here.

Before you talk shit you should wake up, this is an anime forum.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Nov 29, 2016 10:21 AM

Jan 2012
@Fuchsia

lol nope this is CE

for World headlines, the latest in science, sports competitions, and other debate topics.

anime in AD

That's my style

Nov 29, 2016 10:22 AM

Mar 2014
JustALEX said:

>Expecting your average Trump supporting internet warrior to be logically consistent
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 29, 2016 10:24 AM

Jul 2013
Lobinde said:
Fuchsia said:
@AllenVonStein

If you make burning the U.S flag illegal, you might as well just burn the constitution while you're at it.

While burning the flag of your own country is in most circumstances a petty, entitled action a better course of action would be to make your country good enough so that no one wants to burn its flag, rather than make flag burning illegal.
Of course. I didn't say otherwise. But it's what it represents. You can't possibly say a flag doesn't represent the country. That's its whole purpose.

Because burning a flag improves a country? No. If you want change you have to be practical. If you're electing people who aren't doing what you want them do then vote for someone else. If nobody is doing what you want them to, even after voting them in, then try to inspire this change yourself. Sure banning such an action is impractical, but so is the action itself.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Nov 29, 2016 10:26 AM

Oct 2015
I wonder how many people supporting a ban on U.S flag burning congratulate people for burning ISIS flags and the Quran?

I bet it's quite a lot.

Before I get strawmanned once again, I do think that burning the ISIS flag and copies of the quran should be legal (burning ANY flag should be legal, the point where I draw the line is politically-motivated mass book burning).
Nov 29, 2016 10:27 AM
Mar 2011
Lobinde said:
where I draw the line is politically-motivated mass book burning).

QFT

.........................................................................................

Nov 29, 2016 10:28 AM

Jan 2012
Comic_Sans said:
>Expecting your average Trump supporting internet warrior to be logically consistent

exactly lol talking with trump supporters = losing some brain cells

Nov 29, 2016 10:28 AM

Oct 2015
Fuchsia said:
Lobinde said:

Of course. I didn't say otherwise. But it's what it represents. You can't possibly say a flag doesn't represent the country. That's its whole purpose.

Because burning a flag improves a country? No. If you want change you have to be practical. If you're electing people who aren't doing what you want them do then vote for someone else. If nobody is doing what you want them to, even after voting them in, then try to inspire this change yourself. Sure banning such an action is impractical, but so is the action itself.

I don't think I implied that burning a flag improves a country.

What I will say though is that being allowed to burn the flag of your country is an improvement over not being allowed to burn the flag of your country.
Nov 29, 2016 10:29 AM
Mar 2011
AllenVonStein said:
Comic_Sans said:

exactly lol talking with trump supporters = losing some brain cells

funny htign is alost of them claim bed secular but voted for pence

Nov 29, 2016 10:31 AM

Jul 2013
Lobinde said:
Fuchsia said:

What I will say though is that being allowed to burn the flag of your country is an improvement over not being allowed to burn the flag of your country.

Simply having the right to do something, albeit not purposeful, is not an improvement.

Simply having the right to kill someone that offends you, is an improvement of not having the right to kill someone that offends you. Right?

Do you now see the irony of your statement?

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Nov 29, 2016 10:33 AM

Jan 2013
@Fuchsia
The difference between burning a flag and killing someone is that the former harms no-one.
Nov 29, 2016 10:34 AM

Oct 2015
Fuchsia said:
Lobinde said:

Simply having the right to do something, albeit not purposeful, is not an improvement.

Simply having the right to kill someone that offends you, is an improvement of not having the right to kill someone that offends you. Right?

Do you now see the irony of your statement?

Yes it's easy for my statement to be ironic when you frame it against some extreme hypothetical.
Nov 29, 2016 10:36 AM
Mar 2011
Syndromic said:
@JustALEX Stop with the melodrama, you dumb fuck. It's not a death sentence he's proposing here. And beside this is not some new proposal.

hence why i said hilary is right wing

Nov 29, 2016 10:37 AM

Jul 2013
CondemneDio said:
@Fuchsia
The difference between burning a flag and killing someone is that the former harms no-one.
I mean, true. But I could just as easily compare it with something that doesn't involve physical harm to someone, and the same would apply.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Nov 29, 2016 10:39 AM

Jan 2013
Fuchsia said:
CondemneDio said:
@Fuchsia
I mean, true. But I could just as easily compare it with something that doesn't involve physical harm to someone, and the same would apply.

Do go on. I am actually curious if you find a good comparison.

The freedom to do things instead of being told not to do them should be every 'Muricans wet dream, after all.
Nov 29, 2016 10:40 AM

Oct 2015
Fuchsia said:
CondemneDio said:
@Fuchsia

Then why didn't you compare it with another "victimless crime"?
Nov 29, 2016 10:40 AM

Sep 2011
DateYutaka said:
Syndromic said:
@JustALEX Stop with the melodrama, you dumb fuck. It's not a death sentence he's proposing here. And beside this is not some new proposal.

It's not even a partisan isssue. The updated link shows both republican and democrat senates proposed it.
No way to recall
What it was that you had said to me
Like I care at all
But it was so loud
And you sure could yell
You took a stand on every little thing
And it was so loud
Nov 29, 2016 10:44 AM

Jul 2013
CondemneDio said:
Fuchsia said:

The freedom to do things instead of being told not to do them should be every 'Muricans wet dream, after all.

For example slander. Sure, it'd be nice to have the right to slander someone, but is it really necessary? And is it practical?

Of course slander is already illegal, but lobinde was referring to simply having the right to do something, regardless of the practicality of the action.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Nov 29, 2016 10:46 AM
Jul 2018
Donald Trump does not tweet presidentially yet. Trump has tweeted whatever happens to cross his mind all his life the same way that MAL shitposters have said everything that they do, with absolutely zero thought or restraint and no advisors who peer-test his tweets like they do to Presidents, really the same way most normal people tweet stuff that they haven't thought the possible side-effects are.

I mean he has retweeted stuff like Infowars and stuff Fascists have said all because they sound neat without realizing that people are gonna use it as ammo against him for months to come.

Myanimelist has now put more thought into revoking citizenship from flag-burners than he ever has his entire life.

When he becomes president someone is gonna take time to make sure that he doesn't shitpost all the time, hopefully.
removed-userNov 29, 2016 11:01 AM
Nov 29, 2016 10:51 AM

Jan 2013
Fuchsia said:
CondemneDio said:

For example slander. Sure, it'd be nice to have the right to slander someone, but is it really necessary? And is it practical?

Of course slander is already illegal, but lobinde was referring to simply having the right to do something, regardless of the practicality of the action.

Slander is not a victimless crime. It is not practical nor necessary to have the right to do it (in the broad sense), since it hurts people.
Try with another example, that contains no physical or verbal violence.
Nov 29, 2016 10:54 AM
Mar 2011
Syndromic said:
DateYutaka said:

It's not even a partisan isssue. The updated link shows both republican and democrat senates proposed it.

irght and left is not paitsan in the us

Nov 29, 2016 10:57 AM

Jul 2013
CondemneDio said:
Fuchsia said:

Slander is not a victimless crime. It is not practical nor necessary to have the right to do it (in the broad sense), since it hurts people.
It doesn't hurt people physically. It may affect people, but not harm them. But what you said about it not being practical nor necessary is basically my point, if you bothered to read my posts. Regardless, i'm tired :x

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Nov 29, 2016 11:01 AM

Jan 2013
Fuchsia said:
CondemneDio said:

It doesn't hurt people physically. It may affect people, but not harm them. But what you said about it not being practical nor necessary is basically my point, if you bothered to read my posts.

It does harm people though.
An example: person A spreads rumors that person B is a pedophile.
Person B is proven not to be guilty, yet his reputation has taken a hit from the whole ordeal.

As I said, it is verbal violence, or maybe social violence.

Now, look me in the eye and tell me that burning a flag hurts you physically :D
Nov 29, 2016 11:06 AM

Jul 2013
CondemneDio said:
Fuchsia said:
It doesn't hurt people physically. It may affect people, but not harm them. But what you said about it not being practical nor necessary is basically my point, if you bothered to read my posts.

It does harm people though.
An example: person A spreads rumors that person B is a pedophile.
Person B is proven not to be guilty, yet his reputation has taken a hit from the whole ordeal.

As I said, it is verbal violence, or maybe social violence.

Now, look me in the eye and tell me that burning a flag hurts you physically :D

I didn't know someones reputation was equivalent to their well being, especially if not found guilty.

My whole point was that burning a flag solves nothing, and there are other/more effective ways to bring about some form of change if you're not happy with your country.

Now let me sleep pls ;-;

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.