Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 28, 2016 4:49 PM
Apr 2011
Re Zero mc and SAO mc are like the complete polar opposites. People just adlibbing whatever they feel like
Nov 28, 2016 4:52 PM

Jun 2016
thefpsgamer1125 said:
Luuji222 said:
I hate that there's no proper romance. and the girls are too cute.

and about the story, the MC's behavior is realistic and I like it. I dont know why you hate subaru. How about you guys? do you still act cool after experiencing such things?. or you prefer he will become OP like your husbando kaneki ken after being beating many times? .
come on.

go watch action shounen/seinen , if so.
tsk

Couldn't agree more with your post. The most glaring thing for me is the lackluster romance in it. 100% agree. And the thing about the MC being realistic is a point I bring up in quite a lot of replies to who people comment "the mc is a wimp" or "the mc is fucking weak as shit"
As what I've observed, most of the subaru haters are the one who loves action shounen, that's why they like him to gain power and act cool. but come on, action and shounen/seinen not in the genre.

well, whatever. re:zero has 8.6 rates on MAL. so it's okay.
:D

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Nov 28, 2016 5:07 PM

Jul 2009
Subaru, whale arc and the ending
Nov 28, 2016 5:07 PM
Jul 2018
CodeBlazeFate said:
thefpsgamer1125 said:

Oh lmao hell no, not gonna be one of those idiots who try to justify a judgment of an anime by bringing in source material, cuz that is just not fair lol.

>Priscilla
yeh I can see why people who hate her lol
>Obnoxious episode 13
Hm? You mean how stupid and shit Subaru is? Personally I thought it was a pretty good episode of pointing out Subaru's ultimate flaws as a human being
>horrible writing of episode 15
Oh? What was bad about D: That is actually one of favourite episodes which I thought had great writing D: Can you clarify? would love to hear the story of the other side of the coin
>logical hones/bad writing of the second half
Yeh, it did fly off its train tracks quite a fair bit with some pretty ridiculous plot developments lol
>how Petelguse doesn`t at all represent his sin: sloth
I actually have no idea about this topic, so whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I especially hater her in episode 16; the insulting and ham-fisted attempt at teaching Subaru an aesop.

For episode 13, almost everyone was causing so much ruckus, and almost everyone (except Subaru) got away with it without so much as a goddamn warning. I cannot stand for that.

For episode 15, given the way Rem was injured and how long she was possibly in that state for, she should not have been able to still be alive for any longer, much less crawl up to Subaru. Plus, how come he didn`t see the unseen hands there when other episodes allowed him to do that regardless of weather or not he activated his powers?

The final villain of the series (the creep who constantly talks about being slothful and having his brain tremble) doesn`t even properly represent sloth despite him being meant to represent that sin.

The candidates were privileged. It's due to this. This is why when Felt said she'd stay as a candidate, they obeyed her and didn't execute the old man Rom. It was made very clear there then the difference in power candidates and non-candidates have. Another sign was when Aldebaran spoke out, and the old man of the council asked Priscilla if he was his knight. They were tolerating of all this, because of again, the privilege the candidates possesses.

She's a demon, with a different anatomy. Swallow that. About he seeing, it was that his connection to the witch was becoming stronger, making him capable of seeing this power that's related to her. Like I told you before, in late episodes the scent on him was started being shown, instead of simply being talked about. We could take it as it meaning that it was increasing. When he jumped from the whale, it was covering his entire body.

We didn't get his backstory, so it's natural for people to not understand him completely, eh. I read some of what the user... Uh. Yeah, DarklordVor said. And the slothfulness in Petelgeuse was about him not getting over his tragic past, and moving on in life. Satella saved him in some way, like he said, and he never forgot that... He then became her follower, because he carried hatred towards his own world. So yeah, what he should've done to not be labelled as slothful, was forget about his past, and start a new life... But it was too late for someone like him, eh. There was a great irony in him thinking he was so diligent, yet having been so lazy about this that I said.
Nov 28, 2016 5:21 PM

Apr 2016
Rehls said:
CodeBlazeFate said:
I especially hater her in episode 16; the insulting and ham-fisted attempt at teaching Subaru an aesop.

For episode 13, almost everyone was causing so much ruckus, and almost everyone (except Subaru) got away with it without so much as a goddamn warning. I cannot stand for that.

For episode 15, given the way Rem was injured and how long she was possibly in that state for, she should not have been able to still be alive for any longer, much less crawl up to Subaru. Plus, how come he didn`t see the unseen hands there when other episodes allowed him to do that regardless of weather or not he activated his powers?

The final villain of the series (the creep who constantly talks about being slothful and having his brain tremble) doesn`t even properly represent sloth despite him being meant to represent that sin.

The candidates were privileged. It's due to this. This is why when Felt said she'd stay as a candidate, they obeyed her and didn't execute the old man Rom. It was made very clear there then the difference in power candidates and non-candidates have. Another sign was when Aldebaran spoke out, and the old man of the council asked Priscilla if he was his knight. They were tolerating of all this, because of again, the privilege the candidates possesses.

She's a demon, with a different anatomy. Swallow that. About he seeing, it was that his connection to the witch was becoming stronger, making him capable of seeing this power that's related to her. Like I told you before, in late episodes the scent on him was started being shown, instead of simply being talked about. We could take it as it meaning that it was increasing. When he jumped from the whale, it was covering his entire body.

We didn't get his backstory, so it's natural for people to not understand him completely, eh. I read some of what the user... Uh. Yeah, DarklordVor said. And the slothfulness in Petelgeuse was about him not getting over his tragic past, and moving on in life. Satella saved him in some way, like he said, and he never forgot that... He then became her follower, because he carried hatred towards his own world. So yeah, what he should've done to not be labelled as slothful, was forget about his past, and start a new life... But it was too late for someone like him, eh. There was a great irony in him thinking he was so diligent, yet having been so lazy about this that I said.
Even still, when so many people are being obnoxious and disruptive, you`d think that something as obvious as a WARNING would be presented. So one gets told a warning about disrupting such an important event, even some of the other candidates and knights. That would be like if Obama and a und of jury members and hooligans were being disruptive in court and nobody received even a warning abut their behavior yet one rando gets taken out.

Demon or not, if nothing besides a horn (which has no explanation as to how it grew back when Ram`s didn`t) seems to be explicitly different, this cannot work. Plus, her neck and limbs were beyond contorted and she was left for an unknown amount of time. Suspension of disbelief should help you buy into weird concepts that may end up having some logic in its universe, but it cannot protect against stuff like this.

Is this coming from arc 4 or beyond? If so, this cannot be used in defense for the anime adaptation, as it does not cover that material. Given what the anime has presented us, nothing really seems slothful about him; he isn`t overtly lazy, and holding on to past tragedies has so little to do with laziness that it`s not even funny.
Nov 28, 2016 5:24 PM

Jan 2016
CodeBlazeFate said:
Rehls said:

Even still, when so many people are being obnoxious and disruptive, you`d think that something as obvious as a WARNING would be presented. So one gets told a warning about disrupting such an important event, even some of the other candidates and knights. That would be like if Obama and a und of jury members and hooligans were being disruptive in court and nobody received even a warning abut their behavior yet one rando gets taken out.

Demon or not, if nothing besides a horn (which has no explanation as to how it grew back when Ram`s didn`t) seems to be explicitly different, this cannot work. Plus, her neck and limbs were beyond contorted and she was left for an unknown amount of time. Suspension of disbelief should help you buy into weird concepts that may end up having some logic in its universe, but it cannot protect against stuff like this.

Is this coming from arc 4 or beyond? If so, this cannot be used in defense for the anime adaptation, as it does not cover that material. Given what the anime has presented us, nothing really seems slothful about him; he isn`t overtly lazy, and holding on to past tragedies has so little to do with laziness that it`s not even funny.

Going to add on to the response:

True, but keep in mind the true ruckus creators were Subaru and Julius. One of them is a knight, and the other is just some illegal tag-along. They shouldn't have gotten away for their battle.

Keep in mind, Unseen Hand insta-killed several people from episode 22 as well.

Most of us have only seen the adaptation, so we don't know about Arc 4. I'm going to read the LNs sometime down the line to see if White Fox just screwed up the adaptation, but as Code said, adaptations must stand on their own.
I'm just confused by the whole concept of scoring by "Writing and characters." If you're not entertained, why should you care?
Nov 28, 2016 5:30 PM

Apr 2016
Scrollsimmer said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

Going to add on to the original quote:

True, but keep in mind the true ruckus creators were Subaru and Julius. One of them is a knight, and the other is just some illegal tag-along. They shouldn't have gotten away for their battle.

Most of us have only seen the adaptation, so we don't know about Arc 4. I'm going to read the LNs sometime down the line to see if White Fox just screwed up the adaptation, but as Code said, adaptations must stand on their own.
Soooo, this still addresses
Scrollsimmer said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

Going to add on to the original quote:

Sooooo, this still addresses me, right?

I agree with both parts of this one. These two idiots created
Scrollsimmer said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

Soooo, this still addresses me, right?

Sure, they were the ones who started this whole mess, but a lot of people joined and everyone but Subaru and the old man that later showed up got off scott-free. Nobody even got a warning. You`d think that such an obvious thing would be employed in circumstances surrounding these formal events. I agree that they shouldn`t havre been excused to go have some fight.

Yeah, but what does this have to do with Subaru`s inconsistency surrouding seeing the hands.

Thank you for that. Also, good to see you here, friend.
Nov 28, 2016 5:50 PM

Jan 2016
It addresses both of us.

I was only focused on Subaru and Julius' stupidity during episode 13, and because their actions were already bad enough, I couldn't take into account every other generic NPC of this world. Thanks for that info, and I would have provided some kind of general warning to everyone in the court for what happened at the battle, relieve Julius of his knight status, and possibly exile/execute Subaru if I was a leader there.

Nothing. I was mainly pointing out how Unseen Hand should have killed Rem in episode 15. I know a way the scene would have worked: Rem dies, Subaru tries to free himself (possibly by biting the chain), goes to Rem, sees that she's dead, and starts sobbing uncontrollably.

Nice to see you here too. Blog post probably will come in the first week of December at the latest, possibly earlier.
I'm just confused by the whole concept of scoring by "Writing and characters." If you're not entertained, why should you care?
Nov 28, 2016 5:53 PM
Jul 2018
CodeBlazeFate said:
Rehls said:

An 'important event', huh. It wasn't like something that's done yearly, with much planning. They were called there because there was a change in the scriptures. The dragon stone. And Reinhard having found the last candidate wasn't known to them. The important meeting wasn't something planned, with a set date and such. It was more like an emergency meeting. Which is why some candidates didn't even know what it was really about.

What grew back? It was never cut. And she stood on the ground for that long because she was using the horn to heal herself enough for her to free Subaru. Force of will was of effect, too. She died just after. And isn't it strange that she was able to endure so much pain? It isn't humanly possible to move like that, with broken limbs. Must be a racial advantage, then. How convenient, isn't it? Honestly, I should be complaining that them being demons, don't have more benefits. But perhaps there are other races (which I doubt).

What's in arc 4 is his backstory. What I said was what I could realize when I heard about his slothfulness being related to him not forgetting a tragic past. How can letting bad past experiences hinder your future, not be considered slothfulness? When the correct thing to do, is make an effort to get over them, and move on like I said. But he didn't make that effort. He didn't want to. When again, he should've worked on creating a new, better life - a life that'd not be about revenge and hatred- not only towards the world, but himself, too. Why does he self-harms so much? Eh. If he were only to forget what was done to him... But yeah.

Scrollsimmer said:

Felix said Julius would receive some kind of punishment. But it wasn't shown. And Julius is a candidate's knight. That matters. But after what told and then did to Subaru, others started feeling pity for him--thinking that he wasn't significant enough to be worth their time. If Subaru really carried as much importance as he appeared to at first, self-proclaiming himself a knight, his words would've carried much weight. But that 'weight' was shown to weight almost nothing, relatively; he was really just a butler, that was even not very well taught.

Yeah? You should complain that he was able to feel their presence, not that he wasn't able to prevent their deaths in time. Appeared a bit too convenient to me, when I didn't see what could explain how.

Yeah I was figuring more about Petelgeuse on my own. DarklordVor said something vague about Sloth being about 'those that don't stop their tears' or something like that. It was in an epilogue that wasn't included in the anime, because of time-constraint, I believe.

Scrollsimmer said:

Nothing. I was mainly pointing out how Unseen Hand should have killed Rem in episode 15. I know a way the scene would have worked: Rem dies, Subaru tries to free himself (possibly by biting the chain), goes to Rem, sees that she's dead, and starts sobbing uncontrollably.

You know he was torturing her for his own pleasure, right? With Subaru's suffering adding to it. The village girl and Ram were with their eyes gouged out when found by Subaru in the mansion. Petelgeuse did similar to them, because they weren't a threat anymore at some point.

Subaru 'biting the chain'? Wut? He'd never free himself that way. Those were metal chains, not ropes. Unless you mean biting his hand off? He'd not be capable of that, like most people. What'd really have worked, was him biting his tongue and dying of blood loss, so he could reset.
removed-userNov 28, 2016 6:45 PM
Nov 28, 2016 6:11 PM

Apr 2016
Rehls said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

An 'important event', huh. It wasn't like something that's done yearly, with much planning. They were called there because there was a change in the scriptures. The dragon stone. And Reinhard having found the last candidate wasn't known to them. The important meeting wasn't something planned, with a set date and such. It was more like an emergency meeting. Which is why some candidates didn't even know what it was really about.

What grew back? It was never cut. And she stood on the ground for that long because she was using the horn to heal herself enough for her to free Subaru. Force of will was of effect, too. She died just after. And isn't it strange that she was able to endure so much pain? It isn't humanly possible to move like that, with broken limbs. Must be a racial advantage, then. How convenient, isn't it? Honestly, I should be complaining that them being demons, don't have more benefits. But perhaps there are other races (which I doubt).

What's in arc 4 is his backstory. What I said was what I could realize when I heard about his slothfulness being related to him not forgetting a tragic past. How can letting bad past experiences hinder your future, not be considered slothfulness? When the correct thing to do, is make an effort to get over them, and move on like I said. But he didn't make that effort. He didn't want to. When again, he should've worked on creating a new, better life - a life that'd not be about revenge and hatred- not only towards the world, but himself, too. Why does he self-harms so much? Eh. If he were only to forget what was done to him... But yeah.

Unplanned? Yes. That doesn't mean that it wasn't a formal meeting full of many representatives and members of that government. For something this important, the behavior present is unacceptable and should be addressed. However, for most part, it's not. That's what bothers me about this episode more than anything else.

You're horribly misunderstanding my point. Demon or not, it doesn't loom like she should be surviving that, and different race or species is a stupid ass excuse no matter how you slice it, especially since their anatomy is very similar to the humans and anthropomorphic animals in this show. Besides, the horn was clearly cut off by Subaru in episode 11. They never explain how it grew back. I can't believe I'm paying more attention than you here when this point was made crystal clear by the show itself.

It didn't adapt arc 4, so that argument's out the window. In fact, how about this for why this argument doesn't work. How the living hell does not moving on = lazy? If he was so hung up on the past, even after Satella "saved" him, then that's not a sign of being lazy/slothful. That's just not coping and moving on, which can be very hard to do. That's like going through torturous agony for years and not moving on after being saved. That's not slothful at all. Even if he didn't try to let things go, that cannot be lazy, but rather, insisting on using your past to justify the path you take. I shouldn't have to explain this but I guess I have to.
Nov 28, 2016 6:41 PM
Jul 2018
CodeBlazeFate said:
Rehls said:

Unplanned? Yes. That doesn't mean that it wasn't a formal meeting full of many representatives and members of that government. For something this important, the behavior present is unacceptable and should be addressed. However, for most part, it's not. That's what bothers me about this episode more than anything else.

You're horribly misunderstanding my point. Demon or not, it doesn't loom like she should be surviving that, and different race or species is a stupid ass excuse no matter how you slice it, especially since their anatomy is very similar to the humans and anthropomorphic animals in this show. Besides, the horn was clearly cut off by Subaru in episode 11. They never explain how it grew back. I can't believe I'm paying more attention than you here when this point was made crystal clear by the show itself.

It didn't adapt arc 4, so that argument's out the window. In fact, how about this for why this argument doesn't work. How the living hell does not moving on = lazy? If he was so hung up on the past, even after Satella "saved" him, then that's not a sign of being lazy/slothful. That's just not coping and moving on, which can be very hard to do. That's like going through torturous agony for years and not moving on after being saved. That's not slothful at all. Even if he didn't try to let things go, that cannot be lazy, but rather, insisting on using your past to justify the path you take. I shouldn't have to explain this but I guess I have to.

Are you even accounting the dire situation the citizens are in, for not currently having a king? You think the wise men should get even more in the way of that? They gave enough attention to their behavior, in my opinion. They weren't blind to it. But there were more important things to take care of.

Not, dude, it was never cut off. If it were, you'd see blood in the area. The horn we assume is a weak spot. He caused her a shock by hitting it, that brought her back to normal. ... I rewatched, and it was in episode 10, and it was actually never shown - only sound was heard. But what Ram said in that episode was "A good, solid hit, should bring her back to normal." And I didn't miss your point. I told you that you should 'swallow it'. She's a demon with healing powers, and that's it. She didn't die, and willpower kept her alive for long enough for her to heal herself enough and crawl to Subaru.

It couldn't and didn't have to adapt arc 4 just for this. ... It appeared like your sentence didn't follow, hm. No, it's still slothfulness to remain what'd be universally agreed upon as wrong, not making the effort to forget and change, but simply, succumbing to it. He didn't improve, but let himself stagnate, and worsen. He never really moved on, hah. He kept on living, yes. But as I said, he let this hinder his future, becoming hideous.
Nov 28, 2016 6:53 PM

Jan 2016
Rehls said:
Scrollsimmer said:

Felix said Julius would receive some kind of punishment. But it wasn't shown. And Julius is a candidate's knight. That matters. But after what told and then did to Subaru, others started feeling pity for him--thinking that he wasn't significant enough to be worth their time. If Subaru really carried as much importance as he appeared to at first, self-proclaiming himself a knight, his words would've carried much weight. But that 'weight' was shown to weight almost nothing, relatively; he was really just a butler, that was even not very well taught.

Yeah? You should complain that he was able to feel their presence, not that he wasn't able to prevent their deaths in time. Appeared a bit too convenient to me, when I didn't see what could explain how.

Yeah I was figuring more about Petelgeuse on my own. DarklordVor said something vague about Sloth being about 'those that don't stop their tears' or something like that. It was in an epilogue that wasn't included in the anime, because of time-constraint, I believe.

Scrollsimmer said:

You know he was torturing her for his own pleasure, right? With Subaru's suffering adding to it. The village girl and Ram were with their eyes gouged out when found by Subaru in the mansion. Petelgeuse did similar to them, because they weren't a threat anymore at some point.

Subaru 'biting the chain'? Wut? He'd never free himself that way. Those were metal chains, not ropes. Unless you mean biting his hand off? He'd not be capable of that, like most people. What'd really have worked, was him biting his tongue and dying of blood loss, so he could reset.

Had a huge post that got deleted. I'll just summarize.

I remember that statement now, thanks. You got something out of the episode because you sympathized with the main character, but to me, I couldn't because he not only spent the first 8 episodes making himself as cringeworthy as possible, but he also fooled me into thinking he finally understood at episode 9 before revealing it was all a lie at episode 12. I didn't even feel happy for his suffering; I cared that little about him.

That wasn't my point. My point was that if Unseen Hand could insta-kill several people in episode 22, why couldn't it do the same to Rem in episode 15? I won't accept the "She's a demon" argument, because Unseen Hand kills regardless of species.

As I said, maybe all my complaints should be directed to White Fox for doing a bad job with the adaptation. I read the SAO light novels some time ago and when I watched the anime adaptation, my complaints were mainly towards A-1 Pictures for their very awkward way of adapting season 1.

It's just a thought okay? There just has to exist a better way to do the Rem scene than what we were presented with, which just looked ridiculous.
Nov 28, 2016 6:57 PM

Apr 2016
Rehls said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

Are you even accounting the dire situation the citizens are in, for not currently having a king? You think the wise men should get even more in the way of that? They gave enough attention to their behavior, in my opinion. They weren't blind to it. But there were more important things to take care of.

Not, dude, it was never cut off. If it were, you'd see blood in the area. The horn we assume is a weak spot. He caused her a shock by hitting it, that brought her back to normal. ... I rewatched, and it was in episode 10, and it was actually never shown - only sound was heard. But what Ram said in that episode was "A good, solid hit, should bring her back to normal." And I didn't miss your point. I told you that you should 'swallow it'. She's a demon with healing powers, and that's it. She didn't die, and willpower kept her alive for long enough for her to heal herself enough and crawl to Subaru.

It couldn't and didn't have to adapt arc 4 just for this. ... It appeared like your sentence didn't follow, hm. No, it's still slothfulness to remain what'd be universally agreed upon as wrong, not making the effort to forget and change, but simply, succumbing to it. He didn't improve, but let himself stagnate, and worsen. He never really moved on, hah. He kept on living, yes. But as I said, he let this hinder his future, becoming hideous.
Do you know how easy it would've been for the higher ups present to have tried to get everyone to settle down? It would've been pathetically easy, not to mention expected in situations like this. They didn't address behavior at all aside from Julius taking Subaru out to beat his ass, and that was only him.

It was clearly stated that it was cut off. A blade chopped off a horn. There doesn't need to be blood-splatter. A mammoth wouldn't start bleeding if the tusks were cut off. That's now how horns work, with any species. It didn't splatter blood when it happened to Ram. As for that latter point, I've repeated time and again why that is BS and why your defense for it holds little water (different race? That amounts to nothing in terms of this), so telling me to "swallow it" isn't gonna do anything. That's like saying that you should "swallow it" when an advanced human gets stabbed by and anti-ship sword and caught in a nuclear explosion of his robot. It flat out doesn't work for obvious reasons.

True, but from what I've heard, so much of arc 4 is dedicated to covering up a lot of the flaws arc 3 seemingly had and justifying seemingly dumb things arc 3 did. Since arc 4 wasn't adapted, using it as an excuse for something involving the Re:Zero anime is faulty. Also, not bothering to try to let go of your past isn't some lazy ass thing. It's being stubborn and letting your past consume you. If he was supposed to actively represent the sin of sloth, then he should've been shows to be slothful. That would be like if Greed was never greedy around anyone but had incessant hidden desires. It doesn't represent the sin very well at all.

Why are we even arguing here. We're just clogging up a thread about discussing this show's problems by bickering about two scenes from a show and about the "laziness" of not letting go of the past. Let's just drop this, lest we be the reason this thread gets locked.
Nov 28, 2016 7:05 PM
Jul 2018
Scrollsimmer said:
Rehls said:

I remember that statement now, thanks. You got something out of the episode because you sympathized with the main character, but to me, I couldn't because he not only spent the first 8 episodes making himself as cringeworthy as possible, but he also fooled me into thinking he finally understood at episode 9 before revealing it was all a lie at episode 12. I didn't even feel happy for his suffering; I cared that little about him.

That wasn't my point. My point was that if Unseen Hand could insta-kill several people in episode 22, why couldn't it do the same to Rem in episode 15? I won't accept the "She's a demon" argument, because Unseen Hand kills regardless of species.

As I said, maybe all my complaints should be directed to White Fox for doing a bad job with the adaptation. I read the SAO light novels some time ago and when I watched the anime adaptation, my complaints were mainly towards A-1 Pictures for their very awkward way of adapting season 1.

It's just a thought okay? There just has to exist a better way to do the Rem scene than what we were presented with, which just looked ridiculous.

Didn't I just answer why she didn't die? Petelgeuse had Unseen Hands CRUSH those he wanted dead. If he had crushed her body, she'd probably have died for good. But instead, he twisted her limbs, and her neck. Well, it's something we've to swallow like I said a few times. She was also, like I said, able to endure what'd be immense pain, when crawling to Subaru. Or it might just be that at point, her body was numb.

Yeah, she was presented as practically a human, that then had her neck twisted, when we know humans easily die from that. I understand it's kinda hard to accept. Not everyone has to. Seems like no better justification was given, eh.
Nov 28, 2016 7:07 PM

Jan 2016
I'm not clogging this thread anymore. I'll post a response on your profile.
Nov 28, 2016 7:22 PM
Apr 2011
Scrollsimmer said:
Rehls said:

this post is long and terrible. Plz re-delete.
Nov 28, 2016 7:38 PM
Jul 2018
CodeBlazeFate said:
Rehls said:

Do you know how easy it would've been for the higher ups present to have tried to get everyone to settle down? It would've been pathetically easy, not to mention expected in situations like this. They didn't address behavior at all aside from Julius taking Subaru out to beat his ass, and that was only him.

It was clearly stated that it was cut off. A blade chopped off a horn. There doesn't need to be blood-splatter. A mammoth wouldn't start bleeding if the tusks were cut off. That's now how horns work, with any species. It didn't splatter blood when it happened to Ram. As for that latter point, I've repeated time and again why that is BS and why your defense for it holds little water (different race? That amounts to nothing in terms of this), so telling me to "swallow it" isn't gonna do anything. That's like saying that you should "swallow it" when an advanced human gets stabbed by and anti-ship sword and caught in a nuclear explosion of his robot. It flat out doesn't work for obvious reasons.

True, but from what I've heard, so much of arc 4 is dedicated to covering up a lot of the flaws arc 3 seemingly had and justifying seemingly dumb things arc 3 did. Since arc 4 wasn't adapted, using it as an excuse for something involving the Re:Zero anime is faulty. Also, not bothering to try to let go of your past isn't some lazy ass thing. It's being stubborn and letting your past consume you. If he was supposed to actively represent the sin of sloth, then he should've been shows to be slothful. That would be like if Greed was never greedy around anyone but had incessant hidden desires. It doesn't represent the sin very well at all.

Why are we even arguing here. We're just clogging up a thread about discussing this show's problems by bickering about two scenes from a show and about the "laziness" of not letting go of the past. Let's just drop this, lest we be the reason this thread gets locked.

Well the candidates might be just one level below the wise men in the hierarchy. Not only, but most of them were strong individuals. You wouldn't be able to sentence them to death without a battle. Anastasia and Crusch had their own personal armies. And again, the citizens depended on them. It was the time to be more tolerating of such behavior.

Clearly...stated? Never was. Like I said we heard a sound, and Ram said only a good hit was needed to get her out of that state. And the blade was broken by half. And Subaru was falling at her, and more apparently, at the front, not side. How do you expect him to make a cut in that situation? How do you expect him to make such a precise cut, knowing he can't even handle a sword well? He couldn't cut it even if he wanted to. But he'd have more chances if he had succeeded before, when he charged at her. If they really wanted to clearly state it was cut, all they'd have to do is show. But not only they didn't, but the sound effect that was used wasn't one of a cut/slice. It was one of a hit. It was hit then, not cut.

I think it's pretty obvious that it's supposed to be an irony. And about Greed, I actually listened to what that YouTuber Chibi Reviews said of arc 4, and... Well, I have some thoughts:
Thoughts on Gluttony from what Chibi said:
Nov 29, 2016 2:00 AM
Sep 2015
@thefpsgamer1125

I added "(I think)" because I wasn't sure which episode was it. Yeah 18 episode was the last episodes that should be skipped.
Nov 29, 2016 4:00 AM
Sep 2015
Aedrin said:
@thefpsgamer1125

I added "(I think)" because I wasn't sure which episode was it. Yeah 18 episode was the last episodes that should be skipped.

Oho lmao ok. Yeh I do agree with you on that. It does get pretty ridiculous towards the end of arc 3
Dec 4, 2016 6:34 PM
Dec 2016
I just got finished watching the series today.

Overall I enjoyed the beginning and ends of it. It reminds me a bit of Steins;Gate in some regards. My biggest gripe then is obviously the middle.

Subaru mainly and his lack of learning from his do-overs. In some ways he thinks up good (albeit convoluted at times) ways of solving the problems. But in other ways he refuses to try and learn anything about the new world he lives in.

Instead of asking more about the weird creatures hes having to deal with or the magics he encounters, he just seems to try and find the solution without really solving the problem.

I kind of am still mulling over it but at first look over that's my largest issue. Maybe the LN gives more information as to how the world works, but as it stands the anime left me hanging with too many flat "What"(s) at the end of episodes without Subaru going "The heck did I just see?".

It's just really irritating to me.
Dec 6, 2016 12:35 AM

May 2014
This might not be where I should say this as I don't dislike the series. After 17 episodes, all that's really bothering me is Subaru.
He doesn't think, he gets angry at everything, he tries to do everything himself, but lacks the skill to do so and always ends up causing trouble for others. He doesn't learn from his past experiences and always blames others for his failures. I really hope he changes for the better to actually back up his big mouth rather than make others do the work for him all the time.
Dec 6, 2016 4:41 AM
May 2016
sometimes i think the show tries a little too hard to be something that it isn't

also subaru can be pretty frustrating sometimes and also the lack of characterization for some characters and world building

but its still a great show nonetheless
Dec 6, 2016 10:57 AM
Dec 2016
Omegasword said:
This might not be where I should say this as I don't dislike the series. After 17 episodes, all that's really bothering me is Subaru.
He doesn't think, he gets angry at everything, he tries to do everything himself, but lacks the skill to do so and always ends up causing trouble for others. He doesn't learn from his past experiences and always blames others for his failures. I really hope he changes for the better to actually back up his big mouth rather than make others do the work for him all the time.

Exactly. Really I dont foresee any issues personally if this series goes on. Just the middle section of it was really irritating with how single mindedly he went about everything.
Dec 6, 2016 11:01 AM

May 2012
That it is too good of a show that it makes everything else look bad.
Dec 6, 2016 3:08 PM

Jul 2013
The biggest sin of Re: Zero is not giving more screentime to Crusch.
Dec 9, 2016 6:43 AM
Apr 2011
Illyricus said:
Not Crusch, Elsa.

After watching Re Zero again, I still have to say she's one of the more likeable characters in the entire series, yet doesn't show up after ep3. :(
Dec 9, 2016 11:56 AM

Jul 2013
FononZero said:
Illyricus said:
Not Crusch, Elsa.

After watching Re Zero again, I still have to say she's one of the more likeable characters in the entire series, yet doesn't show up after ep3. :(
Oh, yes, I forgot her. Yeah, I agree with that, she was too hot to just appear in three episodes :/
Dec 9, 2016 12:19 PM

Jul 2015
Why the hell they developed Rem if they are going to reject her in the end
Why not developing the relation btw Subaru and emilia so no one will complain about the ending
Dec 9, 2016 7:46 PM

Mar 2010
tragedydesu said:
Why not developing the relation btw Subaru and emilia so no one will complain about the ending

They are, but Subaru and Emilia's relationship development is more gradual due to them being the most important characters in story who will appear through every arc. Rem doesn't really have that going for her since the story does not revolve her so like other characters she needs to get her limelight when she can before focus switches elsewhere. And just because Rem gained feelings for Subaru does not mean he has accept them unilaterally. Rem's feelings ultimately matter more for her own development rather than Subaru's otherwise she has no motive to help him. Basically Subaru is not going to sudden just drop the reason he went through all this for in the first place even though he has feelings for Rem too. That was "From Zero" was really about, Subaru reaffirming his own commitments.
Iron_MawDec 9, 2016 7:53 PM
Dec 9, 2016 10:01 PM
Apr 2011
@Jagd84 @tragedydesu

As Rem explained it, "from zero" is kind of like how Subaru saved Rem from her "stopped time". It was Subaru putting his empty/hated himself behind, and moving forward.

I think Rem's development is important since she is the only one who can guide Subaru out of his mental state (at the time of ep18). She is the only one who understands what Subaru is going through without actually knowing what he's going through. She's been along with him the whole time, fighting the witch's cult, getting mutilated by Betelgeuse, etc. If anyone else tried to talk Subaru out of this situation of giving up, it wouldn't work.... Because no one else knows what he has went through or shared his experiences. Rem was there the whole time.

For that reason, I don't think Rem's development was a waste. People just think she's supposed to be Subaru's love, but that's not her purpose in this story. And it never was.
Dec 10, 2016 7:33 AM

Feb 2015
Shitty characters, generic artstyle, generic premise... generic everything, really. Also it's edgy as fuck.
Dec 10, 2016 7:49 AM

Mar 2010
FononZero said:
@Jagd84 @tragedydesu

As Rem explained it, "from zero" is kind of like how Subaru saved Rem from her "stopped time". It was Subaru putting his empty/hated himself behind, and moving forward.

I think Rem's development is important since she is the only one who can guide Subaru out of his mental state (at the time of ep18). She is the only one who understands what Subaru is going through without actually knowing what he's going through. She's been along with him the whole time, fighting the witch's cult, getting mutilated by Betelgeuse, etc. If anyone else tried to talk Subaru out of this situation of giving up, it wouldn't work.... Because no one else knows what he has went through or shared his experiences. Rem was there the whole time.

For that reason, I don't think Rem's development was a waste. People just think she's supposed to be Subaru's love, but that's not her purpose in this story. And it never was.

Exactly. Rem works in Arc 3 because at time she is only person from manor Subaru has any personal contract with who is a friend after his mishap at the start of the Royal Election. As he and Emilia are fighting with each other at that period (which also part of development of their relationship). Rem is ultimately there to help him come to terms with his self-hate at own his weakness so he could face Emilia again without forcing his feelings over hers byacting like some hero in a fairy-tale and convey that he isn't helping Emilia another reason than his feelings for her. This the thing he learned most from Rem and would not have happened without her development from Arc 2 led her to falling in with Subaru.
Iron_MawDec 10, 2016 8:08 AM
Dec 10, 2016 11:42 AM
Mar 2016
Jagd84 said:
tragedydesu said:

They are, but Subaru and Emilia's relationship development is more gradual due to them being the most important characters in story who will appear through every arc. Rem doesn't really have that going for her since the story does not revolve her so like other characters she needs to get her limelight when she can before focus switches elsewhere. And just because Rem gained feelings for Subaru does not mean he has accept them unilaterally. Rem's feelings ultimately matter more for her own development rather than Subaru's otherwise she has no motive to help him. Basically Subaru is not going to sudden just drop the reason he went through all this for in the first place even though he has feelings for Rem too. That was "From Zero" was really about, Subaru reaffirming his own commitments.

I have a theory but I don't expect anyone to believe it

my theory is ...

what Rem's purpose from being Subaru's second wife after she get rejected?

I mean i have watched and heard many rejecting and non of them respond of being a second wife (as far as I know)

Because it's not romantic at all if you share the hand of the guy with other girl and it's weird for a girl to say this after she got rejected too

Subaru: I love Emilia

Rem: I can be your second wife

It's really weird respond 😕

The polgamy is sharing the same bed with two girls..and I have heard about Rem and Emilia relationship aren't that good and it's weird to have this kind of relationship in the anime too with such a(( dark story))

I think Rem has something to do and I really don't know what is it.

(Is she trying to make Emilia feel jealous of her to become the witch of envy to use her for her vengeance ?)

I think she will be so jealous and that's the idea of making the polgamy in my opinion because Emilia had alot of moments with Subaru in arc 4,5,6 and she is developing her feelings towards him so it's painful for her to see Subaru has a moment with Rem after she wakes up .. i don't think she will be happy about Subaru having some love for Rem it will really break her heart (i don't know the purpose if it's Rem purpose or not but im sure it has somthing to do of her jealousy because I don't think Teppi comes up with this idea to support the polgamy because it's clear that Rem will support her sister after she lost her horn and that's why I dont think she is that kind of woman who will leave a big responsibility to be between Subaru and Emilia and even Subaru's said "be the horn that your sister losted " so these two will be together again and it's weird to have a polygamy relationship in a dark anime (it will be the first time in the history ) That's why im sure Rem did this for purpose

She is a demon so she is so smart
Dec 14, 2018 5:58 PM
May 2017
CodeBlazeFate said:
thefpsgamer1125 said:

For episode 15, with how Rem was able to stay alive, what I theorise, at least the thing I think happened, is due to Rem's demon powers, she was able to recover more quickly, and sustain such immense mutilations by Petelgeuse. So there is somewhat an explainable reason, but I can see your reason.
As for Subaru not being able to see the unseen hand, note that Subaru becomes more and more closer with the witch every time he dies, so he most likely gained the powers to be able to see the Unseen Hands after dying in that life.

For everything else, good explanation. Thanks :3c
I can see plausible theories for the former even if the anime didn`t bother. For the latter, just, no. He was stated to be able to see them when he activates his dark powers, but even without them, he can still see them.

Alright then. Thanks for the civil chat.

he is able to see them because he gets closer to the witch and his witch scent grows stronger

as for why sloth didn't behave very slothful, the Sin Archbishops behave the opposite of the sin they represent, that's why Subaru was in the process of getting his pride beaten out of him during Arc 3.
Dec 14, 2018 6:08 PM
May 2017
tragedydesu said:

Nagatsuki made her to kick otaku in the teeth for wanting self-insert wish-fulfillment harem power fantasies, rather than well written stories. that's why he made Rem, to give a middle finger to the waifu culture of the otaku
Dec 21, 2018 9:30 AM

Jan 2015
i like the show but it rem wouldnt exist or wouldve died a horrible death -like she deserves it- i would've gave it a 10
Aug 6, 2021 3:41 AM

Aug 2012
The fandom. I mean after a while it all stop making sense to me. I always hated Emilia from day one but it was bareable. Problem is at some point it just felt that the anime tries to hard and fails. And then I stopped watching it.
Aug 28, 2021 11:20 AM

Jul 2019
nightcrawlercyp said:
The fandom. I mean after a while it all stop making sense to me. I always hated Emilia from day one but it was bareable. Problem is at some point it just felt that the anime tries to hard and fails. And then I stopped watching it.

Why the fuck did you revive this thread from 2016 that only applies to S1

I was so confused reading the comments
Aug 28, 2021 9:06 PM
Jan 2021
The way Subaru talks big about fighting the enemies but cant do shit when faced with one...reminds me of Gabi stuff with eren lol
Aug 29, 2021 10:01 AM

Aug 2012
Rojaseb said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

I do not think it applies just to season 1. Also I revived it because the amount of RE sequels became really annoying and I just searched for a thread where to vent... not sure what your problem is here...
Aug 29, 2021 10:14 AM

Jul 2019
nightcrawlercyp said:
Rojaseb said:

I do not think it applies just to season 1. Also I revived it because the amount of RE sequels became really annoying and I just searched for a thread where to vent... not sure what your problem is here...

The sequels didn't exist when this thread was made and you're the only one commenting after they were made
Aug 29, 2021 11:48 AM

Aug 2012
Rojaseb said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

The sequels didn't exist when this thread was made and you're the only one commenting after they were made
how is it relevant they did not exist at the beginning of this thread? Re Zero is still garbage
Aug 29, 2021 11:54 AM
Aug 2009
Since its back and Im jsut now watching it:
Subaru.
Like... Im completely tired of the whole "I don't wanna die" every other episode when he is reborn the next day.
Aug 30, 2021 8:34 AM

Aug 2012
I did watch a bit from the second season
Aug 30, 2021 12:50 PM
Jul 2018
The fact that a new season hasn't been announced, because Arc 5 would be absolutely killer animated.
Aug 30, 2021 1:05 PM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
I feel it hasn't delivered satisfactorily on a single mystery yet.

Thats an example, literally every single question we have in the series is answered in the most roundabout fucking way imaginable, and yet the answers themselves are boring and uninteresting.

Second, I do not care about any of the side conflicts.

Third, the source of the conflicts are dumb af. The origin of the problem lies in how retarded the antagonists all are. Like what is this, a fairy tale? Why is every character defined by one and only one trait?? And to utilise those characters, all the author does is just twist them. Not make them feel genuine.

Aug 31, 2021 1:40 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
JeXxTaR said:

And what did you expect?

yeah(?) I guess its not relevant as a mystery. But I mean, Rezero is all about questions, but I never feel satisfied at the answers we get and the road we take to those uninteresting answers is always the most twisted.

JeXxTaR said:

So you don't care about the ONLY character who saved the protagonist's life many times during the first half of season 1? Ok...

Yeah, she was never put in the spotlight for me to get attached to. I liked her in S1 but then s2 overestimated how much we cared about her and then explored aspects of her that wasn't really creative. Leading to a boring character arc. This is a problem with most characters in rezero.
JeXxTaR said:

Bruh, I can list at least 10 traits for every character in this show, even minor characters like Miklotov, Russel and Meili (I bet you don't remember who they are) have backstories.

you won a bet
Having backstories isn't relevant to the point I was trying to make.

Also, even a child can point out 10 character traits of a basic ass character. But I don't think any character in rezero is "defined" by more than one trait.

JeXxTaR said:

About Daphne:

In my language, we call it "convenience".

Aug 31, 2021 5:20 AM

Aug 2012
JeXxTaR said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
I did watch a bit from the second season

But you didn't even finish watching s1...
Why did you watch it if you don't like it?

Because it started with a good premise even if the main characters were badlly written:
MC is a retarded weak sissy boy, his main love interest is a Mary Sue, The twins have almost no personality and the little they have is removed when the author feels fit, the bad guys are cardboard villains, the only interesting character was Pack which is not so veilled refference to Puck the mischievous demon/fairy from dream of a summer's night. Nevertheless the premise was good and I was hoping they do something worthwhile with it... but sadly they did not...
Aug 31, 2021 11:13 AM

Aug 2012
JeXxTaR said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Because it started with a good premise even if the main characters were badlly written:
MC is a retarded weak sissy boy, his main love interest is a Mary Sue, The twins have almost no personality and the little they have is removed when the author feels fit, the bad guys are cardboard villains, the only interesting character was Pack which is not so veilled refference to Puck the mischievous demon/fairy from dream of a summer's night. Nevertheless the premise was good and I was hoping they do something worthwhile with it... but sadly they did not...

First of all, that's not what I'm asking, my question is why did you watch a bit from season 2 if you didn't finish watching season 1?

Second, everything you said is wrong but I can't explain why without spoiling you which is why I told you that you need to watch the show COMPLETELY if you want to talk about it.

Oh please spoil it. I am curious how I am wrong. That being said I think I forgot to update the myanimelist .I did finish season 1 and started a bit of two. Since is been a while I only remember pieces but I remember at some point Pack froze everything.
Aug 31, 2021 11:57 PM

Aug 2012
JeXxTaR said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Oh please spoil it. I am curious how I am wrong. That being said I think I forgot to update the myanimelist .I did finish season 1 and started a bit of two. Since is been a while I only remember pieces but I remember at some point Pack froze everything.

I think it's easier if you watch season 2 but sure

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - 2 hours ago

16 by Shoujoaddict »»
4 minutes ago

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Yesterday, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.