Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 28, 2016 12:54 AM
Apr 2016
I cannot rate this anime since in my perspective, it ended with something very vague in the end. In addition, I heard that before this story was created as an anime, it was a Light Novel and Manga. Not sure which one is the original and if the non-original is complete. In addition, if feels that during the progression of the story, someone or multiple individuals are assuming multiple identities which confuse me. I know I asking for too much so I will just ask a few questions.

Who is this Beatrice? This person claims she lived for ten thousand years yet I feel like I'm missing something from it since there appears to be multiple people with that name running around in the anime

If the grandfather died a while ago, who was the person who showed up in the last story in the anime?

Why does the anime keeps going back on the "story" (events happening involving death) perspective and the "spectator" (characters sitting on a round room) point of view?
Nov 28, 2016 1:25 AM
Jul 2018
Hmm the thing is, anime is adapted from the source i.e. VN, and it only adapts the first 4 or question arcs and that too very poorly. The next 4 are answers arc where you would get the answers to all those questions you posted.

Even if you don't play the VN, try the manga if you want those answers, it's a pretty good adaptation nonetheless.
Nov 28, 2016 11:37 AM
Apr 2016
Frostbytes said:
Hmm the thing is, anime is adapted from the source i.e. VN, and it only adapts the first 4 or question arcs and that too very poorly. The next 4 are answers arc where you would get the answers to all those questions you posted.

Even if you don't play the VN, try the manga if you want those answers, it's a pretty good adaptation nonetheless.

Could you tell me how much the manga cover in terms of the whole story?
Nov 28, 2016 11:57 AM
Jul 2018
Fake_Williams said:
Frostbytes said:

Huh? As I said it covers the whole story and is a faithful adaptation of the VN.
Nov 28, 2016 12:02 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Fake_Williams said:
Frostbytes said:

The manga covers basically everything. Hence why it's frickin' 50 volumes long all 8 episodes included

The only downside is that the VN has an absolutely phenomenal soundtrack which you'll be missing out on if you just go with the manga, but other than that it's a solid adaptation (and also has better art). Would definitely recommend it if you for some reason don't want to play the games. It's very long but also pretty damn addictive so it's not that much of a problem
Nov 28, 2016 12:44 PM
Apr 2016
HaXXspetten said:
Fake_Williams said:

The manga covers basically everything. Hence why it's frickin' 50 volumes long all 8 episodes included

The only downside is that the VN has an absolutely phenomenal soundtrack which you'll be missing out on if you just go with the manga, but other than that it's a solid adaptation (and also has better art). Would definitely recommend it if you for some reason don't want to play the games. It's very long but also pretty damn addictive so it's not that much of a problem

I would not mind playing it, but paying for it might be a problem for me.
Nov 28, 2016 12:50 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Fake_Williams said:
HaXXspetten said:

You can easily torrent it from reliable sources if need be. Can PM you a link if you want
Nov 28, 2016 3:01 PM
Apr 2016
HaXXspetten said:
Fake_Williams said:

You can easily torrent it from reliable sources if need be. Can PM you a link if you want

Actually at the moment, I change my mind, since I'm mainly there for the story, reading the manga is good enough for me.
Jun 6, 2023 8:12 AM

Nov 2022
Beatrice is someone like me, who also lived for something like 10k years (figurately, not literary of course). 

Living so long allows me to understand a lot of complex things, including meaning of this story and such. However the way I can explain it would be too complex for you and other people here to understand, unless they also lived for 10k years. That can only make their heads hurt.

Beato gave that title to Eva and Eva committed these massacres and then blew up the island to cover up her tracks. She did it because she wanted to be a next head of the family and that was the only way to achieve that.

Legend of the Which provided a cover for Eva's massacres and prevented people form thinking straight about what was happening.

Beato may or may not be a reference to an Italian lover of Kinzo with whom he may or may not had children.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Jun 7, 2023 7:01 AM

Apr 2016
ThorLL said:
Beatrice is someone like me, who also lived for something like 10k years (figurately, not literary of course). 

Living so long allows me to understand a lot of complex things, including meaning of this story and such. However the way I can explain it would be too complex for you and other people here to understand, unless they also lived for 10k years. That can only make their heads hurt.

Beato gave that title to Eva and Eva committed these massacres and then blew up the island to cover up her tracks. She did it because she wanted to be a next head of the family and that was the only way to achieve that.

Legend of the Which provided a cover for Eva's massacres and prevented people form thinking straight about what was happening.

Beato may or may not be a reference to an Italian lover of Kinzo with whom he may or may not had children.

We still not gonna buy your book.

More topics from this board

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Dec 22, 2009

665 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 25, 2009

125 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.