Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 26, 2016 12:12 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this was fun. Poco going on a trip with Souta and enjoying the outdoors life.

I think Souta did freak out a bit at some points this episode. But still, the character chemistry between him and Poco was quite appealing.
Nov 26, 2016 12:48 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Best episode after a dull phase. Yuichi Nakamura and fatherly scenes just fit, great scenes with Souta worrying about Souta.

MVP was Hiroshi though, that was superb comedy. xD
Nov 26, 2016 1:30 PM

Dec 2014
souta's trip and poco is lost... pretty funny and heartwarming episode
Nov 26, 2016 2:21 PM
Jun 2016
I love this series I don't want it to end :> though I do kinda hope others find out about Poco, but the question I have is, since he's the relative size of a tanuki, will he grow up? Do they grow up or how does that all work?
Nov 26, 2016 2:29 PM

Dec 2012
Wonderful episode. So peaceful & relaxing to watch.

Ferry Trip to Shodoshima. Beautiful scenery.

Poco going missing. The fear in Souta's eyes. The biggest fear of any parent is not knowing where their child is.
Poco shouldn't of gone off without letting Souta know. Thank goodness he wasn't hurt.

LOL Manabu is pretty chill going fishing.
Hiroshi's huge crush on Rinko. Too bad she's already married.
Poor guy.

Love the growing bond between Souta & Poco.
Santoryu_XBurnerNov 26, 2016 2:36 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 26, 2016 2:45 PM

Nov 2015
Really fun episode. I'm glad Poco was still ok!

Nov 26, 2016 3:13 PM
Sep 2016
The part where he prayed to dahama-sama cracked me up, I couldn't stop laughing for five minutes
Nov 26, 2016 3:53 PM

Dec 2013
I really needed this heartwarming anime after watching this week "izetta" and "Magic girl raising project".

souta realized how much he love poco after he lost it ,I agree with Hiroshi Rinko is really hot :p but bad luck for him though
AlhakamNov 26, 2016 4:00 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2016 4:29 PM

Nov 2011
The fact that Souta is starting to think "Okay, how long can we stay together?" Makes the development of this story a lot better. Basically it's been cute and some serious moments up to this point but now it's "Okay, what's next?" Souta is meeting new people but he has to re-open the shop eventually right?

He came down on Poco pretty hard, you can't even make the excuse for Poco that he's a Tanuki because by his reaction after Souta yelled at him e obviously knows better, so i like that they still gave him more child like qualities.

nerdanime0 said:
The part where he prayed to dahama-sama cracked me up, I couldn't stop laughing for five minutes

Same! He was even glowing lol.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 26, 2016 5:09 PM

Apr 2013
That gag with Hiroshi is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. It was perfect enough when her hat was about to blow off, I thought "nice, he's gonna catch it just like she caught his map and it'll seem like fate and he's gonna try to look cool about it" and clearly he had the same thing in mind because he stopped at NOTHING to make that catch happen, damn that's some good stuff!
Nov 26, 2016 6:10 PM

May 2009
What is it with slice of life anime with pulling my heartstrings! I actually felt Souta's fear and his frantic search for Poco T-T
and then when he realizes that Poco means so much to him T-T
AND when he finally found Poco and gave him a scolding like an actual parent T-T
I'm just glad they're together again :)

Also, poor Hiroshi :( Rinko and him would have been great together! ....Maybe, one day....
Nov 26, 2016 6:30 PM

Jan 2012
Poco got abducted by Gaogao-chan! Not gonna lie, I teared up when Souta reunited with him. Sniff...so sweet.
Nov 26, 2016 8:35 PM

Dec 2014
Well that was a nice episode, Very reminiscent of that one Amaama to Inazuma episode where Tsumugi goes out by herself.

Poor Hiroshi, It was funny when he was muttering all those programming languages. xD

Poco gets unknowingly kidnapped by Gaogao-chan, Well it's not really Gaogao''s fault. :3
Souta did come down quite hard on Poco but that was expected, He was worried sick. Glad that he realized how important Poco was to him.
Sweet reunion between the both of them. :)

So Gaogao was the boss.
Also Rinko looked really beautiful in that dress, Hiroshi got wrecked. xD
Nov 26, 2016 8:58 PM

Jun 2013
Not even going to lie, i bawled like a baby when Souta found out Poco was safe!
These characters are too pure and they must be protected!
Nov 26, 2016 9:28 PM

Jan 2015
This is not good.Not the "Poco is missing" part but the "Poco is missing and trapped in a boat" part. And now Souta's growing more fond of Poco.
And the "Happy" ending is... Hiroshi that get to know about Souta's older sister, Rinko. That is, until Souta said about Rinko is married. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Nov 26, 2016 10:12 PM

Jun 2013
Souta and Poco go to Shodoshima to see Team Planet for Souta's possible new job. Poco gets lost and Souta panics. He does say quite a lot of things like he wants to be with Poco—stuff you wouldn't really expect from a guy looking after someone else's kid. Saeki looks like a fun guy though. I wonder what Dahama was talking about. Lol with Hiroshi. He was already thinking so far as to making Souta his brother-in-law until it was revealed to him that the woman who stole his heart is married. Poor guy. No one likes him.
Nov 27, 2016 12:15 AM

Jun 2015
Souta freaking out over Poco was sad to see :( Loosing a child is a big fear for parents. Glad to see that he was found. He was with Manabu the whole time. Hiroshi was funny in this episode xD
Nov 27, 2016 1:01 AM

Aug 2012
This episode kinda reminded me of the one episode that Tsumugi went on her own adventure and gets schooled by her father for wondering on her own. But with Poco going on his own adventure having having Souta doing the fatherly scene.
Nov 27, 2016 6:48 AM

Aug 2016
Best episode yet, really enjoyed this one :)
Nanika ga Okashii
Nov 27, 2016 6:55 AM

Jul 2014
You could tell from a mile away that Souta was going to scold Poco for his little adventure, but such a reaction was entirely understandable, especially considering how Souta is growing to care more and more about Poco with each passing episode.
Nov 27, 2016 7:04 AM
Sep 2015
Illuminati eye appeared in Hiroshi mouth LOL
Is this common in anime?
Nov 27, 2016 8:24 AM

Feb 2016
Souta getting angry is very similar to that particular scene in Amaama to Inazuma. But this one did a better job.

Literal ROFL with that Hiroshi scene. XD
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Nov 27, 2016 9:05 AM
Feb 2016
Got a bit emotional when Poco comes back and Souta raise his voice (a bit) to show his concern towards Poco. I totally understand Souta's emotion.

What I'm happy about this episode is that Souta actually thinks deeply about his life with Poco. He starts to question about Poco's meaning of existence in his life. From before I have already some thoughts about them such as how long can Souta and Poco live together and how long can they keep the secret of Poco being a tanuki from everyone? Sure this show is not one where you have to think so deeply but I do hope that in the end of this show the animation team will give us a satisfying answer to, at the very least, what Souta questions himself in this episode.

On a side note Toriumi Kousuke really does have a gentle, relaxing vibe of voice be it in here or TouRabu :)
Nov 27, 2016 10:19 AM

Jun 2015
A strong episode. I think they should now focus on the past of Souta.

Poor Hiroshi!
Nov 27, 2016 11:33 AM

Mar 2016
Poor Hiroshi!! His bad luck was hilarious though.
Nov 27, 2016 10:09 PM

Apr 2009
Damn Hiroshi already thinking that Souta was going to be his brother-in-law. Slow your roll, dude. LOL
TBH, I've made the same mistake about falling for a girl and not noticing her marriage ring.
Nov 28, 2016 1:58 AM
Sep 2015
This anime just gets more cuter and cuter

I love how the plot went in this episode. Souta panicking when he found out that Poco is missing. His sister encouraging him to not give up and stuff. its just all too cute for a slice of life anime '

Plus the hiroshi gag is just so funny. loving a girl at first sight and then finding out that she's married, bummer. Good luck next time Hiroshi

When Souta got mad at Poco for going off and not telling him, I can really feel how he loves him so much, I hope they stay together forever.

All in all, this episode is just so sweet and also fun to watch, looking forward to the next episode
Nov 28, 2016 5:54 AM

Apr 2012
Weekly I should drop this show but I don't for some obscure reason post.
Nov 28, 2016 6:23 AM

Jun 2013
Poor Souta he was scared for Poco and Hiroshi
Nov 28, 2016 10:07 AM

Mar 2013
Ah such wonderful episode. The change of scenery was so soothing.

Yeah, I've been wondering too for how long they'd stick together... the truth's gonna come out one day for sure.

And Hiroshi moments were priceless. Poor him XD
Nov 28, 2016 10:27 AM

Dec 2007
I'm still waiting for someone else to discover that Poco is a tanuki... Also for Souta to re-open his dad's restaurant.
Nov 28, 2016 12:24 PM
Dec 2015
So they went with the "don't wander without telling anyone and suddenly trust strangers" kind of route to show Souta getting angry with Poco, to show the context on the last episode's "authority of a parent" . Very nice, because Poco really needed that.

I really love Souta and how he worries about Poco and Poco, in turn, have turned very sweet and civilized. I wonder if Poco will really grow at some point..cause I'm pretty sure they mentioned that he's been in that form for many years.

Although it's sad, I think the series is setting up a separation ending. Like Souta will learn the importance of what his Dad felt when he left and Poco will leave someday too, it's really telling. I also hope Poco gets introduced to the others for what he is.
Nov 28, 2016 12:43 PM

Jan 2014
this was an amazing and hilarious episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2016 11:13 PM

Nov 2012
so why did the boss dress up as gaogao-chan? lol

hiroshi was funny this episode, especially when he prayed to dahama-sama haha.
Nov 29, 2016 4:34 PM

May 2015
Nice and funny episode. Hiroshi added some funny moments to this episode XD.

Nov 30, 2016 10:34 PM

Oct 2008
Such a relaxing episode for Souta & Poco on that very beautiful white beach!
I feed super bad and pity for Hiroshi! Rinko-ane is married!
THe scene wherein Souta got Mad at Poco is exactly the same as Tsumugi & her father (Amaama to Inazuma)
The new Boss of Souta is the one who got Poco! What a convenient coincidence! & such a small world!
4/5.

Dec 1, 2016 12:54 AM

Jul 2013
Well to be fair Rinko IS really hot
Dec 1, 2016 9:46 AM

Mar 2016
wolfwing said:
I love this series I don't want it to end :> though I do kinda hope others find out about Poco, but the question I have is, since he's the relative size of a tanuki, will he grow up? Do they grow up or how does that all work?

I don't know what will happen in the series. But I found a great web page that goes into depth about tanuki lore and art:

* http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/tanuki.shtml

In the short term, Souta needs to fill in at least his doctor friend (in case Poco gets hurt or sick) and his sister (to expand Poco's family and be able to feel comfortable with her while in different forms). I don't think Souta realizes it, but that monk has some suspicions already, plus he is a great potential resource for tanuki knowledge. "Grandma" next door would be the fourth I'd tell; anybody who can spit out watermelon seeds in machine-gun mode, and teach Poco how as well, can't be bad.
-- Rich
Dec 3, 2016 10:47 AM

Jul 2009
So cute! Poco really loves GaoGao, he can't see one!
Poor Hiroshi hahaha
Dec 4, 2016 5:07 PM

Mar 2009
WTF. All the women are married in this show. Poor Hiroshi and Souta.
Dec 5, 2016 3:08 AM

Apr 2016
Mormegil said:

There's still "first girl in the anime" for you, aka the monk's sister and known tawara udon fan-girl. Or is she married too? There's not much development though.
Dec 5, 2016 3:11 PM

Mar 2009
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
Mormegil said:

There's still "first girl in the anime" for you, aka the monk's sister and known tawara udon fan-girl. Or is she married too? There's not much development though.

Doesn't seem like she's married, but I'd laugh if it was revealed that she was.
Dec 8, 2016 4:39 PM

Oct 2012
The melodrama was needlessly overdone and forced this time but at least the comedy with Souta's coworker and his sister was fine.

Still, I'm still waiting for opening of their restaurant... in fact, this is over half of the series waiting. But this episode seemed to imply he would be working as web designer again, what a shame.
Dec 12, 2016 3:54 AM

Jun 2013
Hiroshi fell in love with Souta's brash sister. LOL. Drawing some blood when he found out that she's married. Poor kid.

Souta is getting really attached to Poco and I can't imagine what he would be like if Poco died or something bad happened to him. He's acting like a worried parent.

The boss was Gagao-chan , his wife kinda looks like she could be his sister. lol
臭い-
Jan 1, 2017 3:11 PM

May 2012
Poor Hiroshi-kun :p pretty lovely episode and great development! Let's see what's next!
Jan 1, 2017 8:22 PM

Jan 2013
There was a decent amount of drama this episode, fairly enjoyable.
Jan 13, 2017 11:33 PM

Mar 2015
Nice to see them traveling somewhere else together. This episode showed how much Souta loves Poco too!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 28, 2017 11:31 PM

Jun 2016
Souta and Poko went to the Team Planet by ferry and aww they're so cute when they're looking at the scenery from the ferry. They got there safe and they met the wife of the President of Team Planet.

Dahama-san told Souta that Hiroshi is on his way to Kagawa on a bike. Hahaha dafuq. And he saw Rin and he fell in love with her. And fuck she's married? Ohmygod. I missed that info in the previous episodes. What the hell, me!?! 😑 Poor Hiroshi. Haha.

Poko was missing and ohmygod Souta. ;-; You can feel his love for Poko there. I'm not okay. Glad that Poko is safe and sound, and that Gaogao is the Team Planet President and he took care of Poko while he's fishing. At least everyone is happy especially Souta for being with Poko again. I don't want these two to get separated, maaan. ;-;

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jul 8, 2019 8:09 PM

Mar 2016
It is way too easy to fall in love with Rinko.

Hurry up before everyone leaves you in the dust. It's almost as if this show is trying to convince people to get married and have kids.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

110 by RioAl »»
Feb 26, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

55 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 14, 2023 9:47 AM

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2016

48 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:54 AM

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

48 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 14, 2023 5:42 AM

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2016

59 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 14, 2023 3:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.