Forum Settings
Forums

Are there any games you don't think anyone could beat you at?

New
Feb 6, 2010 5:35 AM

Jun 2009
I apologize if this has been done before, I tried all the searches I could think of and they all yielded no results.
At any rate, are there any games you have played so extensively that you rarely meet people who can even come close to beating you? Something you know in and out, and never lose in. For example, I've yet to run into anyone else (save for my little brother, but he can only get better times than me in three levels) who is as good as me at Crash Bandicoot 3. Me and my brother used to play that with our parents when they got off of work way back in the day, and picked it up again years later to play on and off. Now we've long since unlocked everything, and I've gotten good enough to match and even beat almost all of the developer times.
So, I'm curious; what games would you say are your best games? And to add a little variety to the discussion, try and be a little more detailed that just listing off games you are good at. Explain why you don't think anyone else can beat you.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Feb 6, 2010 5:47 AM

May 2009
There is always someone better.
Feb 6, 2010 6:05 AM

Jun 2009
Dissidia Final Fantasy. The only one I fought that's as good as me is my brother, everyone else doesn't know how to use accesories and one brave-attack hit does around 1500+ damage
Feb 6, 2010 6:20 AM

Jun 2009
xxxHolic_Waltz said:
There is always someone better.

But logically, that can't be true. SOMEONE somewhere has to actually be the best right?
And I'm most curious what games people are confident they are unbeatable in. Wether or not this is true is a wholly separate debate.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Feb 6, 2010 6:25 AM

Feb 2005
The first level of Timesplitters 2. I played the demo so many fucking times before I eventually bought the game, and I knew the pattern of every single enemy and took out all possible cameras and guards without being spotted, and then killed all the zombies later on with nothing but a few well aimed punches to the head, all while taking no damage.

Of course, I doubt I'd be able to pull that off so quickly now...
Feb 6, 2010 6:27 AM

Jun 2008
I'm not hardcore enough for any game. ;(

If I was, I don't think I'll be on MAL gloating about it either (or know MAL at all for that matter). Probably some random game site instead.
Feb 6, 2010 6:50 AM

Nov 2009
Not even Kousaka can beat me at Guilty Gear X. /to be more precise: I've been playing the game since i got it from a friend in middle school, which is 5,6 years ago and for about an year and a half, it was the only game on my pc. So yeah, i know the game like the back of my hand. I haven't come across any person who can last 30 seconds against me in the game. It's quite boring actually.
teanutFeb 6, 2010 7:06 AM
Earth gets angry after a kick in the face.
Feb 6, 2010 7:08 AM

Oct 2008
Tachii said:

Too much work to be good, and it's not really worth it.
Feb 6, 2010 9:28 AM

Aug 2008
Rainbow Six: Vegas 2. I memorized the general location, AI path, and spawn points of every enemy in the game. I also know this for multiplayer as well. I know how to dodge sniper bullets, shotgun shot, and how to survive a full mag from almost any automatic weapon. I know how to fire semi auto from bolt action snipers and how to snipe with any weapon.

Never used a guide or took any advice, learned it all over 2 years of constant gameplay.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
Feb 6, 2010 9:34 AM

Sep 2008
Well out of my friends at least, I'm the master at Dead or Alive 2 ultimate and any of the Armored core series. And I'm really good a grinding in MMO's I'm always like double the level of my friends. But beyond my circle of friends, I know there will always be some one better.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Feb 6, 2010 11:14 AM

Apr 2009
Back in the day I was ace at Toshinden 3
Been ages since I last played it though, wonder if I still got it

- Lith.
Feb 6, 2010 12:58 PM
Oct 2009
I pretty much demolish everyone at Super smash bros.
Feb 6, 2010 1:55 PM

Aug 2009
I'd like to think I'm boss at We Love Katamari, mostly because I don't know anyone who owns it and I've done an awesome job at rolling crap up.

I thought I was boss at fighting games like Tekken 5 & Blazblue, but with Tekken 5, there was one Hworang expert I played against constantly that I'd either win or lose to, while I underestimated the Blazblue online community of either elite players or kids who found out how to spam Jin's ice moves
Feb 6, 2010 2:32 PM

Aug 2008
Mujina said:
Tachii said:

Too much work to be good, and it's not really worth it.

I'm like this. The next shiny game will always come along too quickly to lure me away.

Not the best at it, but I was happy with my progress in Disgaea 3.. all while playing in Japanese with no guide. I still got lured away before I could amass a bunch of rank 40 items etc.. just don't care that much.
Feb 6, 2010 3:08 PM

Oct 2009
Baman said:
The first level of Timesplitters 2. I played the demo so many fucking times before I eventually bought the game, and I knew the pattern of every single enemy and took out all possible cameras and guards without being spotted, and then killed all the zombies later on with nothing but a few well aimed punches to the head, all while taking no damage.

Of course, I doubt I'd be able to pull that off so quickly now...

thats pretty badass!
Feb 6, 2010 8:29 PM

Nov 2007
Tachii said:

If I was, I don't think I'll be on MAL gloating about it either (or know MAL at all for that matter). Probably some random game site instead.

THIS
Feb 6, 2010 8:33 PM

Mar 2009
Well, I doubt. Even if I'm good at a game, there're surely other challengers out there who could beat me.
Feb 6, 2010 8:45 PM

Sep 2007
Mortal Kombat. For some reason no one can beat me at those games. I don't know why. In my mind it's like the easiest game ever, but when I play with people it usually ends in them throwing the controller at my head because I've beaten them too many times (my friend knocked me out once). I'm sure there's someone out there who could beat me though. I look forward to it! Winning every time is boring. '

Otherwise I suck at pretty much all video games. :D But I play them anyway, with enthusiasm!
Feb 6, 2010 9:59 PM

Apr 2007
These days I don't think I have any game I'm that good at. If I would've been asked this about 15 years ago though I would have said Contra on the NES. I had the entire game down pat and was able to go through it without losing a single life. Years later I've seen a couple of people do the same thing but much faster.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Feb 6, 2010 11:16 PM

May 2009
There would have been a day where i would have said Goldeneye, but those days are long past.
Feb 7, 2010 8:49 AM

Dec 2008
I never really thought about this but I was pretty good at Street Fighter II back in the day, I recall being 8/9 and beating Ryu with a perfect on the hardest mode.

Other than that, it's hard to tell, most people I know never played the games I grew up with since the vast majority of the people in this crappy country has never played a Nintendo console other than Game Boy in their entire life.

But let's say they tried playing most of those games nowadays, I can see them being good at some of them but I doubt they could beat me at TMNT on the NES, not that I ever beat that game but, at best, they would just give up from dieing countless times at the water level.
Feb 7, 2010 8:37 PM

Jun 2008
Hmmm well I don't usually play one title enough times to really become an expert at. But I guess Power Stone or Rival Schools comes closest for me. Though I haven't played them in a while, so yeah...

Lithia said:
Back in the day I was ace at Toshinden 3
Been ages since I last played it though, wonder if I still got it

- Lith.

LET'S DO THIS MATE!!!!
Retro8bitFeb 7, 2010 8:40 PM
Feb 7, 2010 10:00 PM

Apr 2009
Uncharted 2
Jul 29, 2010 7:26 AM

Jul 2010
People who say that there is always someone better obviously isn't all the best. Lol. With that said, yeah, there is a game that I am unstoppable at. Halo. The first Halo. I knew what the opponent was going to do before he/she even thought it. It was like I had control over time over anyone in that game. And I mean anyone. I don't think there has ever been anyone as perfect as I in that game. Nor do I think there will ever be. My name was Reload. So when you look at me you would be tricked into reloading. I don't play anymore because no one would ever play with me. Online or off. That doesn't really matter though. What matters is if you yourself is the only one who knows it. That's when you know you're the best. Reload - 4000 consecutive victories. 2 losses. The losses were team deathmatch. I can not be touched one on one. Sorry everyone. Lol.
I am that which seperates all from nothing. -Reload The Legendary-
Jul 29, 2010 8:05 AM

Jun 2010
I thought I was a beast at need for speed getting fast records with my clean driving but my friend proved to me that being dirty can f*** the best of players up if you can do it well
Jul 29, 2010 8:07 AM

Dec 2009
Does Animal Crossing count? I'm a rich-ass bastard :3

Jul 29, 2010 9:04 AM

May 2009
WarMachineDX said:
People who say that there is always someone better obviously isn't all the best. Lol. With that said, yeah, there is a game that I am unstoppable at. Halo. The first Halo. I knew what the opponent was going to do before he/she even thought it. It was like I had control over time over anyone in that game. And I mean anyone. I don't think there has ever been anyone as perfect as I in that game. Nor do I think there will ever be. My name was Reload. So when you look at me you would be tricked into reloading. I don't play anymore because no one would ever play with me. Online or off. That doesn't really matter though. What matters is if you yourself is the only one who knows it. That's when you know you're the best. Reload - 4000 consecutive victories. 2 losses. The losses were team deathmatch. I can not be touched one on one. Sorry everyone. Lol.

I just laughed my ass off.

anyway. Mario Kart DS for me. there was only one person who could beat me, and even then it was a close match, every time we played. But no, there is always someone who's going to better than you, even if your the best in your era, someone will come along later on in life and destroy your record / high score.
Jul 29, 2010 1:37 PM

May 2010
I would say that I am very good in any game that doesn't involve luck or random. For example I am not good at games like cards or with levels. Also sometimes at games like Halo 3 I can I win with very big difference at the score or I can lose with only 5/50 kills. I would like to explain it a bit more but I can't.
Jul 29, 2010 1:38 PM

May 2010
I would say that I am very good in any game that doesn't involve luck or random. For example I am not good at games like cards or with levels. Also sometimes at games like Halo 3 I can I win with very big difference at the score or I can lose with only 5/50 kills. I would like to explain it a bit more but I can't.
Jul 29, 2010 2:24 PM

Oct 2008
No one can touch me in Super Mario Strikers on GC.

Jul 29, 2010 2:26 PM

Dec 2009
Probably Gundam Battle Universe, but that's not really anything to be proud of.

The .hack// original series too if I'm going to play competitively via speed runs or something.
Jul 29, 2010 2:33 PM

Jan 2008
I'd have to say I am boss at Randy Balma Municipal Abortionist. Oh wait, that's because nobody's ever played it, and it's pretty much impossible to be 'good' or 'bad' at it.
Jul 29, 2010 4:13 PM

Oct 2007
I'm the best at Fire's Software Development Project for Year 10 :V
Jul 29, 2010 4:35 PM

Jul 2009
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

I'd beast ANYONE in that game :D
Jul 29, 2010 8:37 PM

Aug 2008
There is always someone better, but as far as people I know, I know no one who is better than I am at Killer Instinct (I have beat the game on hardest with no continues many times) or Super Metroid (where actual skills are involved). I just don't. Same goes with Majora's Mask (I don't think I know anyone who can get all heart pieces as easily as I can, and it's not an easy task unless you've done it before). I also can't think of anyone who knows Chrono Trigger in and out as well as I do.
Aug 5, 2010 6:16 AM

Mar 2010
Super Smash Bros. on N64. I'm sure someone can beat me at it, but no one has yet = D
MuzzicansAug 5, 2010 6:21 AM
Aug 5, 2010 8:42 AM
Jan 2010
DDR
Aug 5, 2010 6:45 PM

May 2008
I used to be talented at some of the Tony Hawks games with timers so much that I could start a trick at the very beginning and carry it over until several minutes after the buzzer had ended.

I'm sure there were people loads better than me at it, though. It's not hard to do.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Aug 5, 2010 10:09 PM

Jul 2010
JMasterSaddler said:
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

I'd beast ANYONE in that game :D

Even LI Joe?

I'm not naive enough to think there are any games out there I can truly consider my self the "best" at. Any games worth being that good at require too much dedication and practice, so I generally try to keep things more "casual".
Aug 5, 2010 11:02 PM
Jun 2010
not even close to being the best, but i think very few people could beat me in Grand Chase: http://grandchase.ntreev.net/
Aug 6, 2010 12:54 AM

Mar 2009
i was probably the best player in Shadow Ops Red Mecury about 3 years or so ago
but now its hardly played anymore
i'd always leave the round with a kill/death ratio of 20:1 at nearly every game (without camping)
Aug 6, 2010 6:05 AM

Oct 2009
Back in the stone ages I decleared myself the champion of Worms 2/Armageddon. Been ages since I've played it now though.
Aug 6, 2010 9:17 AM

Aug 2010
Back on original was this game called Phantom Dust. I doubt at this point anybody could beat me in that now. Only people that would have a chance are those that had also played with me back then.
Aug 6, 2010 12:31 PM

Jun 2010
I used to wreck everyone at StarFox 64. I imagine my skills must've deteriorated quite a bit by now, though.
Aug 6, 2010 4:04 PM

Apr 2010
Halo 3. Though I'm pretty sure I'll still lose to Halo God. Not that I'll have a chance to play with him anyway.
also
Minesweeper & msn's minesweeper. I've played minesweeper all my life that I've gotten pretty unbeatable in it =O it's pretty good for getting your brain thinking

Aug 6, 2010 4:22 PM

Jun 2010
Killer Instinct. It's old school, but I was never beaten. But it has been about 3 years or so since I played it actively.
Aug 6, 2010 7:17 PM

May 2010
A few months ago I considered myself to be one of the most tactical Counter-Strike Source players. I used to play on a pretty high level and not once have I been caught by surprise. Too bad my aim never was as good as some other high skilled players so I obviously didn't always win, but I never got caught off guard in a 1v5 situation.

More topics from this board

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

12 by _untitled »»
1 hour ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3505 by DesuMaiden »»
3 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3717 by DesuMaiden »»
3 hours ago

» total games on your steam library

deg - Feb 22

48 by DesuMaiden »»
3 hours ago

» How to play Sports Video Games?

TheSunLife - Apr 3

15 by DesuMaiden »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.