Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 27, 2016 10:05 AM

Nov 2016
I totally got a Steins;Gate type vibe from the "New World Order" scenario being introduced. Definitely some parallels with SERN and their experiments.
Can't wait for next week's episode! Hopefully we can learn more about how the manga artist and her work ties into the conspiracy, I'm really curious about her character
Nov 27, 2016 10:19 AM

Dec 2012
Great episode. The project and what happened to them become clearer. I'm looking forward for the 9th episode
Nov 27, 2016 11:42 AM

Jul 2013
Thanks to some of the comments here I managed to understand more or less what was the deal with the mysterious organization and their involvement with the "deaths" of the main cast. It makes the episode 100 times better for me.

I also noticed the characters talked extremely fast during this episode. That made hard to follow the conversations.
Nov 27, 2016 12:11 PM

Nov 2009
Meta_Yoshi said:
The occult with their 'New World System' does worry me. Controlling the rich people means that they're almost controlling the world. I do hope that they get stopped though.

One of the shots in the opening is a city being hit by a nuke or something like that. Not sure if it will really stop that conspiracy, but it looks like a possibility.
Nov 27, 2016 2:01 PM

Jun 2013
my god why are they talking so fast at least we understand the plot better now
Nov 27, 2016 2:39 PM

May 2015
The mystery plot thickens! That cliffhanger too...
Nov 27, 2016 4:07 PM

Mar 2014
So fast! So Furious! Keeps getting interesting then meh at times. To be honest the FBI girl is really only character that is cutting it out for me now, maybe "devil" guy and Rin but jeez
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Nov 27, 2016 5:19 PM
Oct 2015
I like the name of the episode! Beatles reference hahah!
Nov 27, 2016 5:33 PM

Oct 2012
This show really has a bad habit to take inspiration from the worst possible cliches out there and randomly putting them together...

World domination? Chipping people? Come on!
Nov 27, 2016 9:48 PM

Jan 2012
one mystery solves, ten more pops out
my heads gonna explode!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Nov 27, 2016 10:28 PM

Dec 2009
I still hate how bloody fast this show goes. Not that i can't follow it all, but it's really uncomfortable to watch.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Nov 28, 2016 3:31 AM
Jan 2013
This episode is so stupid it's almost offensive.

The guy at the morgue was like:
1: Dude, you saw those corpses?
2: Yeah, what about it?
1: Let's put some glasses and some other accesories at their body, what do you say?
2: Hell yeah man! i'm in!

Everything is just excessively stupid. Psychometry power that's soo strong it felt like a plot. character popping anywhere they want. personality switch and shit? c'mon man?

Lot of rich guy are pre-ordering an invisible technology? i've read a lot of hentai to finally discern where this is going to end...

So the motive of detective to offend his subect was to tip them off. with presumption that when someone's emotion was unstable they talk unnecessary thing.... but not doing unnecessary thing like punch you in the face, or shoot you in the head.... yeah from this incoherent writing alone, i conclude this character sucks. 'Just cause' for drama
Nov 28, 2016 3:56 AM

Nov 2009
opiktea said:
The guy at the morgue was like:
1: Dude, you saw those corpses?
2: Yeah, what about it?
1: Let's put some glasses and some other accesories at their body, what do you say?
2: Hell yeah man! i'm in!

Well, if you have 256 corpses, that's probably the best way to keep track of accessories.
It's probably more impressive that Asuna got away with taking Zonko and carrying her around, given that it's evidence.

opiktea said:
Everything is just excessively stupid. Psychometry power that's soo strong it felt like a plot. character popping anywhere they want. personality switch and shit? c'mon man?

Sure characters can go anywhere. They're ghosts, and police ignores them.
And did somebody switch personalities in this episode? I didn't notice that.

opiktea said:
Lot of rich guy are pre-ordering an invisible technology? i've read a lot of hentai to finally discern where this is going to end...

Invisible technology... now that I think of it, the main cast is invisible, and invisibility has great potential for abuse.

opiktea said:
So the motive of detective to offend his subect was to tip them off. with presumption that when someone's emotion was unstable they talk unnecessary thing.... but not doing unnecessary thing like punch you in the face, or shoot you in the head.... yeah from this incoherent writing alone, i conclude this character sucks. 'Just cause' for drama

Well, people usually avoid beating up or killing police officers.
Nov 28, 2016 4:41 AM
Jan 2013
flannan said:
Well, if you have 256 corpses, that's probably the best way to keep track of accessories.
It's probably more impressive that Asuna got away with taking Zonko and carrying her around, given that it's evidence.

Hey now, i overlook that crap! yeah... thank you mate!

flannan said:

Protagonist! One time he cried like a bits, another time he's bursting with enthusiasm. Considering his age and mental stability, that kind of behaviour was unconvincing to me...

flannan said:
Invisible technology... now that I think of it, the main cast is invisible, and invisibility has great potential for abuse.

Sure, like for perverse intention mainly!

flannan said:
That's stereotipical! but i agree.... still counterproductive though.
Nov 28, 2016 4:52 AM

Nov 2009
opiktea said:
flannan said:

Protagonist! One time he cried like a bits, another time he's bursting with enthusiasm. Considering his age and mental stability, that kind of behaviour was unconvincing to me...

Considering his lack of mental stability, it seems pretty natural for me.

opiktea said:
flannan said:
That's stereotipical! but i agree.... still counterproductive though.

The detective boy isn't actually good at being a detective. And this method didn't seem to have given him any worthwhile results.
It's probably a valid technique in the right circumstances, but he uses it all the time, probably because his instructor put too much attention to it.
Nov 28, 2016 6:05 AM
Jan 2013
flannan said:
Considering his lack of mental stability, it seems pretty natural for me.

What the... i played myself? that's too bad! yea you get the idea.... i simply have no idea of how fragile or strong his mentality is.

flannan said:
The detective boy isn't actually good at being a detective. And this method didn't seem to have given him any worthwhile results.
It's probably a valid technique in the right circumstances, but he uses it all the time, probably because his instructor put too much attention to it.

No he isn't! but the writer obviously want its reader to percieve that he somewhat is!
Nov 28, 2016 7:10 AM

Oct 2016
Seriously this show is getting more intense every ep
Nov 28, 2016 11:12 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its nice to see that the main plot is starting to get more interesting

hmm so the weird voice on the radio is back eh
i wonder who that really is

hmm so no one else can see him eh
must be creepy seeing your dead body like that

man seeing this many bodies as well
must be really eerie
so it is true after all
the revelation to them must be shocking and disturbing as well

so all of the main characters really are dead
so Hashigami's theory was indeed right in this case
Kisaki sure is dutiful though thats for sure

So Kisaki can see the main characters ghosts as well too eh
man i can't imagine how Gamon is feeling right now though
indeed how any of them are feeling

so even as a ghost Ririka's normal routine doesn't change eh
so that strange kid is the self proclaimed chosen one
thats also immortal eh
Lol Ririka's logic is faultless as always

So Gamon used to stake out a radio station eh
and it seems that Kisaki was able to track him down
as expected of her

hmm so Kisaki is a third year high school student that
also goes to the same school as Gamon eh

So the radio station was Gamons fathers eh
hmm so i wonder is this cult the Society of eight gods of fortune
the real enemies here
To think that Gamons dad was part of it as well

Kisaki really have found a lot of information already
wow Kisaki's powers are rather amazing
that mimic of Gamon's dad was spot on

Being a ghost can be pretty useful as you can eavesdrop on people
quite easily

man thats one elaborate safe
hmm eternal life by living as ghost with their memories intact eh
thats one hell of a goal

hmm so the cult has an emperor as the leader eh
and i thought it was just that council of men

Touka and Sarai are doing a good job playing as spies lol
and its nice that they managed to find something interesting

Lol Sarai and Touka stepping in and seeing Ryoka and Gamon like that

And so the detective reveals himself

Miyu still misses her best friend eh
understandable considering how close they were

I wonder though is Chi still alive as a spirit given that text
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2016 7:55 PM

May 2016
A few things people didn't notice, or didn't mention noticing in this episode.

- The evil organization implied during the board meeting that they weren't responsible for Prof. Hashigami's murder, expressing disappointment at his death as a loss of the great mind who's research helped finish the New World System.
- The "Society of the Eight Gods of Fortune" 's webpage has a symbol in it's background that looks like the creepy masked guy that's been following Gamotan.
- Asuna is adorable and great.
- Now here I might be over-analyzing, but Ryo-tas didn't seem to react to Gamon entering the cafe until he bumped into the fan on his way in, I have no idea how that could get incorporated into he plot.
- Due to a translation mistake in Crunchy's subs Gamon calls the drownings "The 256 Incident" when it should be "The 8-bit Incident" (256 bytes / 8-bit) this is important because it ties with what the evil organization says about how Tesla's program they're using is an 8-bit one, specifying the reason for there being 256 test subjects/victims exactly.
Nov 28, 2016 8:17 PM

Jul 2010
Really glad I stuck with this, it's getting quite good. The first part of the season however was really awful and directionless. I wonder what's going to happen to the characters when this mystery is solved.
Nov 28, 2016 10:29 PM
Dec 2013
Loving the show in general but I want to learn how to professionally leave a review just so I can tell everybody how much Gamon annoys me with his gibberish and being scared of everything his character is so bad...
Nov 29, 2016 5:41 AM

Nov 2009
xiukhenryix said:
Loving the show in general but I want to learn how to professionally leave a review just so I can tell everybody how much Gamon annoys me with his gibberish and being scared of everything his character is so bad...

It's useless. If you learn to write reviews professionally, you'll turn into one of those people who praise Gamon for being realistic.
Horror.
Nov 29, 2016 7:36 AM

Aug 2014
Okay, this anime somehow got me more and more interested after every ep despite not getting much on what the heck is actually going on...

I'm sure turbo-and-non-stop-talking in this series is there right from the start of the series, but did they increase the speed more than usual in this ep? I've never been disturbed by that until this exact ep. It also made me stupidly checked if I accidentally set my player to 1.2x speed when I watched this, too..
Nov 30, 2016 9:55 AM

Jan 2015
first episode : 5

after watching episode 6 : 10
Nov 30, 2016 4:20 PM

Dec 2013
That's an interesting way to gain immortality.
Nov 30, 2016 8:16 PM

Jun 2013
Very strong episode, and that ending gave me chills!
Dec 1, 2016 4:21 AM

Jun 2013
Gamon's reaction now is more realistic. I'm glad Godzilla tits isn't dead, I wouldn't be able to move on or maybe she is? I'm not sure anymore.

Biggest bullshit ever: a high school FBI agent. I'm sure the government would use fetuses if could expedite their investigations but I highly doubt a high school student would have an FBI ID. Also, considering the supposed scale of this crime with over two hundred bodies found, no one's going to employ some high school amateur. The FBI employing someone like Asuna Kisaki is just wish fulfillment, more so than Godzilla tits.
臭い-
Dec 3, 2016 5:02 PM

May 2016
BAITED AND RAPED !!! :/
Dec 3, 2016 5:07 PM

Mar 2014
Only got one word..FINALLY!
Ryouka annyoing ass is going to be more then a walking stick with melons for comic relief....The girl on the radio Pff that was predicted episodes ago that it was her.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Dec 3, 2016 7:54 PM

Feb 2013
Slow down... I think I miss most of the animation because I'm busy reading subs...

So all this for mind-control.
Dec 3, 2016 8:22 PM

Mar 2016
oh good we have a typical evil illuminati nwo conspiracy for the bad guys

i certainly have never heard of that before
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Dec 4, 2016 5:57 PM

Mar 2009
Gamon got a face full of Ryo-tatas.

I wonder who the Emperor is?
Dec 18, 2016 5:08 AM

Dec 2010
Smudy said:
That whole speech in the second half gave me a friggin headache again.
Yeah, it ruined the whole vibe built up to that point.
Dec 31, 2016 12:07 PM

Apr 2014
Gamons dad is really kind of alive yet still in on this somehow.
---------My Profile------------
Jan 7, 2017 3:36 AM

Mar 2015
So it turns out that the organization led by that mad rapid speaker distributes Scanium to everyone who then lives after they die?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 7, 2017 6:42 PM

May 2012
Solid episode with nice development, let's see what's next!
Jan 30, 2017 3:13 PM

Jul 2009
So his dad was used or is he the "imperator"?
Feb 25, 2017 10:43 PM

Aug 2013
They speak as fast as ever.. seems like the player was on x2 speed really.
Keeps on making me think that this series might have been much more amazing as a 2 cour.
Finally the dirty scheme comes to light.. mind control ehh.
Now an emporer made an appearance LOL.
And who's using Chi's phone now. o.o
Apr 15, 2017 9:44 AM

Apr 2015
Infodump arrgh..
Jun 4, 2017 2:02 AM

Jun 2014
This ended up being a great mystery show, wow.
:3
Dec 17, 2017 2:54 PM
Apr 2014
I don't know what it is but for a few episodes now I have gotten the feeling I know the story or at least a similar one. The thing with this "mass suicide" in a lake and the main characters being among the dead but their... let's call it consciousness... still being alive feels so familiar somehow >.>
NanashiDec 17, 2017 3:10 PM
Oct 6, 2020 3:21 PM
Jul 2013
Since the 256 are now ghosts, invisible but able to interact with real world, I would expect at least one of them to start committing all sorts of crimes. I'm surprised the turbo-speech didn't mention that.
Oct 7, 2020 12:02 PM

Mar 2016
Asuna is a high school girl that works for the FBI due to her abnormal ability. a weird jumble of characteristic but quite interesting.

So basically, this secretive medical organization has been hiding behind a religious group cover while they are experimenting on both essentially allowing souls to exist with their memories even after their bodies physical death, along with controlling the person's action by commanding them via unique electromagnetic irradiation, after a said person has been injected a dose of scandium into their bloodstream.

All of this comes down to selling the idea of 'immortality' to the rich individuals, but while it works technically, the true goal is to create a 'New World' where they have control over these rich individuals as the puppetmaster, the medical organization, benefit from it in many ways including money, access and authority.

And yet... Their 'Emperor' won't allow this abhorred plan to continue due to it being a breach of what life is.

The plot is revealing itself.
Jul 30, 2021 8:02 PM
Dec 2017
another cool episode.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

216 by tokino_sora »»
Mar 7, 2:28 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2016

448 by andreyous »»
Feb 9, 8:35 PM

» For the people who seen it

mathbg - Sep 8, 2023

3 by mathbg »»
Sep 9, 2023 8:11 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

97 by Abyhape »»
Jan 24, 2023 9:24 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2016

142 by Kitty-Kate »»
Nov 30, 2022 12:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.