Forum Settings
Forums

Load full anime list without having to scroll

New
Nov 25, 2016 11:58 AM

Dec 2012
Hey,

I've noticed that with the Modern List Style, it will only load the first 300 entries in my list until I scroll to the very bottom of the page. This is pretty inconvenient if I want to check whether I watched a show before because using Ctrl+F will not be very useful. Is there a way to make it load the full list right away?
Nov 25, 2016 2:01 PM

Feb 2015
WHAT?!

At least let those people have a freedom to at least how many entries can be loaded at once, like 25/50/100/200/500 or all at once...

Come on, have a mercy to those who have shitty WiFi-chan... xD
Nov 25, 2016 3:52 PM

Apr 2010
Maybe I am misunderstanding, but if you know the name, why not just search it in the searchbar up to the right where one search for Anime, Mangas, and more, and just press enter. Then you will see the list with the name where you can see a little box to the right of the name that says CW, CMPL, PTW, etc. (Currently Watching, Completed, Plan To Watch) They are even colorcoded so you don't have to read :D
Nov 25, 2016 5:36 PM

Feb 2015
ShotInTheHead said:
Maybe I am misunderstanding, but if you know the name, why not just search it in the searchbar up to the right where one search for Anime, Mangas, and more, and just press enter. Then you will see the list with the name where you can see a little box to the right of the name that says CW, CMPL, PTW, etc. (Currently Watching, Completed, Plan To Watch) They are even colorcoded so you don't have to read :D

Who even look at their list to begin with? Unless you're editing something or want to change the rating of something.

Anyway, I think, what OP wants is just basically, all of his shit fully loaded... No "search" stuff, no, option like 50/100/200/400/800 or something, like all of it will be loaded... xD
Nov 25, 2016 5:42 PM

Apr 2010
_Ako_ said:

Who even look at their list to begin with? Unless you're editing something or want to change the rating of something.

Anyway, I think, what OP wants is just basically, all of his shit fully loaded... No "search" stuff, no, option like 50/100/200/400/800 or something, like all of it will be loaded... xD

Haha, I only look at it when I am messing with it or am looking for something to rewatch :P

I see no benefit to have it all load at the same time, doesn't even take long for it to load once you reach the bottom. OP must really need those ~0.5 extra seconds :D
Nov 25, 2016 5:46 PM

Feb 2015
ShotInTheHead said:
_Ako_ said:

Haha, I only look at it when I am messing with it or am looking for something to rewatch :P

I see no benefit to have it all load at the same time, doesn't even take long for it to load once you reach the bottom. OP must really need those ~0.5 extra seconds :D

Lol... I think he looks at the list more than twice, possibly even more than 50 times. I don't use it to see what I should rewatch, the title just comes to my mind, and I'll say, "Ok, I'll rewatch this series", then I do... xD
Nov 26, 2016 12:40 PM

Oct 2015
Use "classic style".

side effect : if you set "override user styles" the chosen style will then also be applied to your own list.

you can switch to and fro - whenever you want to work with your list : classic style, when not : back to modern stlye/ prettiness.
BannoBunka_snorkNov 26, 2016 12:50 PM
*darn, using my right hand is off-limits for a while. Typing with my left hand only is ... eww.*
Dec 2, 2016 9:45 PM

May 2012
The Classic Style indeed parses every anime entree, which for my list might be actually a disadvantage as it takes way too long and lags your browser to completely load my Completed list!
Dec 9, 2016 11:22 AM

Oct 2015
RafaelDeJongh said:
The Classic Style indeed parses every anime entree, which for my list might be actually a disadvantage as it takes way too long and lags your browser to completely load my Completed list!

Hm, well, for me (nothing fancy, 6Mbit/down DSL over telephone landline) it does not take any longer than somebody's prettied-up custom-CSS list with tons of pictures loading.
*darn, using my right hand is off-limits for a while. Typing with my left hand only is ... eww.*
Dec 9, 2016 12:19 PM

May 2012
BannoBunka_snork said:
RafaelDeJongh said:

Hm, well, for me (nothing fancy, 6Mbit/down DSL over telephone landline) it does not take any longer than somebody's prettied-up custom-CSS list with tons of pictures loading.

Try this: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/RafaelDeJongh?status=2
Dec 9, 2016 12:35 PM

Oct 2015
Now that was loading very fast - was still cached. :D

That was what I visited the first time, and while it is around 9MB in size, and MAL needs a little moment to build and deliver the page/ list - to me it is still loading faster (non-cached, 5 seconds maybe ?) than custom lists with lots of images ...

Oh, forgot to say - I do use the "Override user list styles and only use the one I want" setting, so for me your completed list looks like this :

More topics from this board

» ishinashi has 300 alt accounts and counting ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Jun 16, 2023

125 by traed »»
34 minutes ago

» MAL Export

Devileeee - Sep 25, 2023

3 by zororo12 »»
Yesterday, 3:52 AM

» Problem with API OAuth2 Authentication Login

bidgetfoss_4000 - Yesterday

0 by bidgetfoss_4000 »»
Yesterday, 3:44 AM

» Question about parental consent

AverageRiceFan - Apr 16

1 by CareBear »»
Yesterday, 2:55 AM

» On my profile I got the wrong number of total episodes/total time

GamiKhan - Apr 22

2 by GamiKhan »»
Apr 22, 2:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.