Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 25, 2016 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was pretty funny. Scipio Africanus is such an amusing character and his character rivalries.

The historical references from the episode were also amusingly presented imo especially the part about WWII and the Axis Powers. Didn't take this episode too seriously compared to some of the others. When it comes to comedy, I got used to Drifters' humor by this point.

Nov 25, 2016 6:51 AM

Jan 2012
In case anyone comes in looking for it the episode's delayed on crunchyroll. They say for a few hours, but we'll see.

EDIT: Fun episode, cat people! Too bad we didn't get to see Olminu's boobs get rubbed. XD Dwarves saving time!
animefan8800Nov 25, 2016 7:37 PM
Nov 25, 2016 9:21 AM

Feb 2016
oh boy, can't wait for next episode, hyped for it... no OP neither ED this time
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 25, 2016 3:12 PM

Jul 2013
As a fanatic of the History, I found the interactions between Scipio and Naoshi Kanno hilarious. One of the funniest scenes of the series imo.

It was a transition episode, but after the intense stuff of the previous one, it was needed. Loved how it explored a bit Nobunaga's ideals and goals and the moment of Hannibal and Toyohisa was really badass. He can be a senile old man, but he is still fucking Hannibal Barca.

Next episode looks promising.

P.S. The Sundance Kid and Butch Cassidy are really cool.
Nov 25, 2016 3:22 PM

Jun 2013
HAHAHAHA!! LOL EVEN I have Heard Seimei!!! Hell It is almost obvious that even people that are not that much into Japanese History and Mythology have Heard at least of Seimei and Nobunaga! XD But Looks like Toyohisa is expection! BUT DAMN Toyo Said it Clearly! Screw the Rules! Jean is what "Our" World Made her...along with those Religious Nust from Church....while she is End...I don't hate her. Damn Toyo is cool.

Poor Yoichi...sadistic(??) and Cruel master is here.

Seimei is somewhat Fanatic about killing the Ends...wonder what happened after he arrived to this world?

Kid and Butch are Cool! like them...damn didn't they become happy after hearing that Nobu is making Black powder! XD
JarjaxleNov 25, 2016 4:00 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Nov 25, 2016 3:39 PM

Dec 2013
Comedy is still mediocre overall but I did find the axis power reference funny.
Nov 25, 2016 3:45 PM
Apr 2016
I must say, I will allow myself to call this a masterpiece, it just takes me in completely. The first in a while decent HISTORICAL humour, boy, they made it exquisite. The way people interact with each other, being times and spaces apart, starting to look out of themselves, seeing how feeble were their endeavours compared to what came to pass, how they take a second look at their lives, all that bringing change into them... Speaking of change, I hope everyone has already understood that eyes' blaze is giving away the ... moral spectre of the character. Blazing blue is overall good and righteous. Black-blue, with blue in the center of the eye, is giving away an uncertain vibe, I would say they are on their "path" to becoming blazing blue, considering the black does not cover the whole eye. To not, Murasaki himself can not be seen as a "good god", even his eyes do not follow black-blue pattern, they are spiraling black... and Abe no Seimei has the same black-blue eyes, since he is dead set on eradicating the "Ends". The eyes might be undergoing some change as well, it is one of the main attributes to follow in this series, how the characters change from within is reflect upon the world by the glow of their eyes.
And the ending sequence gave me the vibe of ending a season. Which was strangely warm.
Recommend to all my non-existent friends.
By the way does anyone know if they are doing 12 episodes how many, exactly? I might consider waiting for the whole season to come out, before consuming it all at once...
Re:formed
Nov 25, 2016 4:46 PM

Dec 2015
Lol that crazy Japanese pilot hahaha. Sometimes Nobunaga can be such a scary character, always plotting something, always having something in mind and only to see him in the next moment act like a silly old man xD. Looking forward to the next episode!
joe_g7Nov 27, 2016 12:53 AM
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 25, 2016 5:05 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Japanese pilot and Scipio skit was actually funny.

Other than that, Nobunaga with a gun, so good xD
Nov 25, 2016 5:16 PM

May 2015
That fight between pilot and Scipio was fun as hell. :D

I wish they get gatlin gun active again. Pure massacre. ;)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 25, 2016 6:03 PM

Sep 2015
Lol the pilot drifter tamed a bunch of animal soldiers. That funny fist fight between him and the Rome guy over misunderstanding of each other lol.

So awesome how all the drifters are coming together.
Nov 25, 2016 7:12 PM

Jan 2014
Oda Nobunaga now become Sakamoto Ryoma with his pistol. If only Sakamoto family has as much power as Oda family he'd become just like Nobunaga the man who want to change the world by power and military struggle (though failed).

Comedy is very hilarious, I like the interaction between Semei and Nobunaga, it's very true, people who are full of idea of changing the world like Nobunaga is incredibly dangerous and unpredictable, they might be useful but also is a double edge blade, if in wrong time, wrong place they could lead the world to it ruins.
rorimoeNov 25, 2016 7:19 PM
Nov 25, 2016 7:42 PM

Aug 2013
HMMMMM CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODEEE

Mannn, Nobunaga I love him so much, with his evil and crazy plans also realizing that his past life he made a lot of mistakes.

What worries me is Yoichi, I think he's gonna have a mental breakdown that might ruin something in the future.
Nov 25, 2016 7:53 PM
Nov 2016
My favorite ep so far. I don't even know where to begin:

The misunderstanding between the WWII pilot and Scipio and their racist remarks at each other made me absolutely lose it. It's interesting how the most stereotypical Japanese patriot and ignorant racist is ironically written by Japanese writers.

Lots of great character development, showing that while Nobunaga, Yoichi, and Toyohisa are all crazy badasses, they're really just humans

In any other anime, when the MC's troops refuse to fight, he'd give out some sort of dramatic speech or whatever. But here...nothing. The elves refused to fight, and Toyohisa just said, "Okay, don't come along if you don't want to".
Nov 25, 2016 7:58 PM
Nov 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
I must say, I will allow myself to call this a masterpiece, it just takes me in completely. The first in a while decent HISTORICAL humour, boy, they made it exquisite. The way people interact with each other, being times and spaces apart, starting to look out of themselves, seeing how feeble were their endeavours compared to what came to pass, how they take a second look at their lives, all that bringing change into them... Speaking of change, I hope everyone has already understood that eyes' blaze is giving away the ... moral spectre of the character. Blazing blue is overall good and righteous. Black-blue, with blue in the center of the eye, is giving away an uncertain vibe, I would say they are on their "path" to becoming blazing blue, considering the black does not cover the whole eye. To not, Murasaki himself can not be seen as a "good god", even his eyes do not follow black-blue pattern, they are spiraling black... and Abe no Seimei has the same black-blue eyes, since he is dead set on eradicating the "Ends". The eyes might be undergoing some change as well, it is one of the main attributes to follow in this series, how the characters change from within is reflect upon the world by the glow of their eyes.
And the ending sequence gave me the vibe of ending a season. Which was strangely warm.
Recommend to all my non-existent friends.
By the way does anyone know if they are doing 12 episodes how many, exactly? I might consider waiting for the whole season to come out, before consuming it all at once...

Holy crap, I never thought of the eyes thing. Definetely will be something I need to pay attention to when rewatching Drifters in English dub.
There actually were quite a bit historical references in the past episodes, but not quite as large as the ones hear, especially with the humour and character development.
Nov 25, 2016 8:00 PM
Nov 2016
Illyricus said:
As a fanatic of the History, I found the interactions between Scipio and Naoshi Kanno hilarious. One of the funniest scenes of the series imo.

It was a transition episode, but after the intense stuff of the previous one, it was needed. Loved how it explored a bit Nobunaga's ideals and goals and the moment of Hannibal and Toyohisa was really badass. He can be a senile old man, but he is still fucking Hannibal Barca.

Next episode looks promising.

P.S. The Sundance Kid and Butch Cassidy are really cool.

I was actually getting worried that we would never actually be SHOWN how badass Barca was, as we were only TOLD.
The old man got Toyohisa's eye with a STICK...WAY surpassed my expectations.
Nov 25, 2016 8:49 PM

Sep 2014
Drifters is just getting even better. The fact that they can blend in multiple histories and generations together is its greatest potential. Being able to use many known warriors and leaders across generations, and as well as old and new technology. I had originally not thought much about episode 1, but I'm just really enjoying this now.

I really do hope we get 24 episodes.
Nov 25, 2016 8:55 PM

Sep 2013
Youchi getting
Everyone is antiquated and nobunaga impresses cassidy with his boastful craziness and gets a gun :)
Hannibal is only sane when he's with Scipio :'( but he's still got that warrior spark.

Good thing that elf realized that they were just as responsible as the dwarves for not helping the others, I guess toyohisa doesn't want to lecture every time.

This face XD
Nov 25, 2016 9:21 PM

Dec 2014
Very good episode.
That Yoichi scene in the beginning though, So that guy was his lord. :o

Toyohisa and his Bushido is always really cool to watch, I love how Seimei was stunned when he Toyohisa talked of his code.

Oda was so awesome this episode, That excitement in his face when he saw the Gatling gun. XD Epic how he said, I'm making gunpowder right now. XD

Pilot and Scipio's little skit was hilarious, Axis power reference. XD

Toyohisa's little run in with Hannibal was pretty cool, Interesting how Toyohisa tested the warrior in him.

Really like how Toyohisa made the elves realize what was important themselves.
Oda got himself a gun now. ;)
Nov 25, 2016 9:25 PM

Jun 2014
Some of the comedic moments in this episode were actually pretty funny for once. I especially liked the part with Scipio and the Japanese pilot. That Axis power reference lol.

Next episode should be hype with Toyohisa and everyone else going to save the Dwarves.
thebrentinator24Nov 25, 2016 9:32 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 25, 2016 9:56 PM
Jul 2016
I tipped my hats off for the studio who got the Axis Power joke right. Well done, guys. I expected great things for this adaptation and oh boy, does this surpassed mine. No more TV Hellsing treatment. Good pace, guys.
Nov 25, 2016 10:02 PM
Feb 2016
Well, what I like about this show is that the animation company will cut down the opening and/or ending song segment in order to show a complete plotline for the episode. Seems everyone makes the decision on what to do from now on and I'm happy that someone asks Nobunaga why he so insist on making Toyohisa the leader instead of him and I truly hope they won't go down the path that Hitler makes.
Nov 25, 2016 10:37 PM

Nov 2014
Seems like Nobunaga took a liking toward Olminu.

No fixed rules on their head. They do what they want to do. LOL
Nov 25, 2016 11:00 PM

Oct 2011
great episode. can't wait for the next episode yay
Nov 25, 2016 11:15 PM

Jun 2015
The banter with Scipio Fukuzawa and the Japanese pilot was very funny. Nobunaga looked so happy learning about the Gatling gun.
Nov 25, 2016 11:34 PM

May 2015
A bit of a scattered, unfocused episode. But thankfully they ended united with a common objective moving forward from here.
Nov 25, 2016 11:55 PM

Mar 2013
The interaction b/w that pilot and Scipio was funny lol
Nov 25, 2016 11:56 PM

Feb 2015
Funny to watch how the characters react to other ages stuff and way of think, all this is pretty interesting. And now Toyohisa decided to save the dwarfs and join them to the cause to fight the war. What a characters we have here.
Nov 26, 2016 12:27 AM

Oct 2015
The comedies are godly in this episode... holy crap history lesson at its best
Nov 26, 2016 1:13 AM

Jan 2011
That Axis Power joke was actually pretty funny.
Nov 26, 2016 1:32 AM
Nov 2016
Oda is so eager to use the gun. I love it, Lol.
Nov 26, 2016 2:01 AM

May 2015
Nobunaga keeps impressing me. His dialogue and comedic moments are always interesting to watch.

I'm really looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 26, 2016 4:06 AM

Jan 2016
THAT WAS... AWESOME!! the character rivalries, the comedy (and they are on point with there humor its hilarious) and its so facinating watching how they are with each other. like the moment of Hannibal and Toyohisa was really badass xD "might be a senile old fuck, but he is still fucking Hannibal Barca". xD and that i agree.

as the last scene was just gave some goosebumps how with the elvs, Its time to save the Dwarfs !!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Nov 26, 2016 4:32 AM

Jul 2014
Not the best episode going, but the comedy wasn't entirely intolerable for once, so I suppose that's an improvement.
Nov 26, 2016 4:39 AM

Mar 2014
Thought they scrapped the comedy because of how great the previous episode was. Back to being crap again.
Nov 26, 2016 4:43 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
To think that Yoichi the master archer was almost killed
man that guy with the chain was pretty powerful
its lucky that the rest of the drifters arrived just in time

So Yoichi does know the observer that was observing the battle

So the grand master is also a drifter then eh
i thought that he was from this age
lol Toyo doesn't know who Abe was lol
The legendary Abe no seimei himself eh

Hmm Abe seems determined to wipe the ends out
even by killing them while Toyo doesn't seem to want to kill
Joan because of her gender. Its nice to see that Toyo still has his honor
though.

Damm can't believe that they lost Scipio though
its funny in that Scipio and Hannibal have such a relationship here
in real life they were sworn enemies that faced each other on the opposing
sides of war

Lol its nice to see that Scipio did survive though
lol his name being africanus but not actually liking Africa lol

Lol Naoshi not only surviving the landing but also managing to
subjugate a small tribe as well and Scipio stumbling across it

Lol Scipios inner thoughts as he is being yelled at by Naoshi
lol Naoshi's imagination as Scipio shouted out Roma

Nobunaga being interested in new weapons tech that he hasn't seen before
is just like his real life counterpart since he is credited with changing
the way wars were fought in Japan in his era.

Replicating future tech in the current era will always be hard given how
different metal working techniques are in this new world

Lol the minster sneezing when Abe mentioned alchemists
i wonder is he one

hmm using sulfur and calcium to make gunpowder eh
man Nobunaga is as smart as his real life self

Hmm so thats Nobu's plan
uniting the tribes and forming an alliance to destroy the Ote empire
from the inside

Hmm its nice to see that Nobu realizing the mistakes that he had made
in life and try and change this by learning new things

Hannibal really has deteriorated without Scipio being here though
but it seems he can still be sane sometimes lol
to think that he reminds Toyo of his uncle
the great Yoshihiro Shimazu himself

lol Nobu's tantrum as he sees Toyo walking away yo start his own plan
Its nice to see that Shara and the elves are wise enough to consider the
big picture and not about little things like grudges

its nice to see that the alliance is coming along nicely
and that the relationship between the drifters are coming along and improving
as well
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2016 4:51 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Scioio and the crazy pilot bit was the best comedy this has had since it started.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 26, 2016 5:00 AM

Dec 2015
This episode the comedy actually was really good. Especially between Scipio and the Japanese guy. But the interaction between the other Drifters and the Octrobist guys and Nobunaga/Toyohisa nice as well.

And the elves looked really badass at the end. Hopefully some nice fights while rescuing the dwarves and more of Scipio in the next episodes. I guess Hannibal is staying with Nobunaga/Toyohisa and the elves and then Scipio and the other Japanse guy joining them and then the Octobrists joining again when looking/searching for Scipio leads them back to the main group.
Nov 26, 2016 5:12 AM

Feb 2014
I'm happy that the comedy was much better overall in this episode than the rest of the episodes. My favourite part goes to the interactions between Scipio and Naoshi. That was really hilarious! =)

Hannibal might be going senile, but the way he pulled the small sharp stick to Toyohisa's eye during his charge was proper badass. Proof that this old guy has some fighting spirit left in him. =D

As a whole, the interactions between all of the drifters was fascinating. Nobunaga has a solid interest with guns that the Sundance Kid gave him one to use. For Yoichi, being tormented on by his older brother for his struggles last week was cowardly, since he never showed himself to Yoichi. Maybe they'll battle against each other one day...

Toyohisa still remains one of my favourite characters though. Very little is going to stop his momentum right now and he also got the Elves to put their feelings about the Dwarfs aside so that they'll help him free the Dwarfs from the Orte.

With this build up episode being great, I hope next week's one is just as good. =)
Nov 26, 2016 5:31 AM

Dec 2014
Well the episodes keep getting better and better
hannibal has some awesome reflexes.... Toyohisa is the main attraction for the show in the end
Nov 26, 2016 5:48 AM

Nov 2011
Abe no Seimei: Why can't you be the king?
Nobunaga:Truth is i don't have what it takes to be a good king. Inablity to grap men's hearths was what got me killed last time.

I think Nobunaga jizzed in his pants when he saw the gatling gun :D

I gotta say i dont really like Abe no Seimei's stick in the mud Babyface attitude. You cant win the war with pure Babyface tactics,you gotta dip into Heel territory too.

Next episode:Oh boy... Dwarf liberation next and "that" reference is there too.

Ps.Sorry for those pro wrestling term in third paragraph.
Nov 26, 2016 6:34 AM

Sep 2014
Scipio and Naoshi Kanno were hilarious this week.The rest of the Drifters are assembling and along with the Elves are going to save the Dwarves and expand the new empire Nobunaga has in mind,ruled by Toyohisa.Hannibal is still a badass even though he's senile.Great episode.
Nov 26, 2016 7:17 AM

Jun 2013
the comedy was much better especially that pilot dude he's crazy
Nov 26, 2016 7:53 AM

Jun 2015
I'm really wondering here: is Nobunaga a pervert or is he just teasing the poor girl?

I like that Japanese pilot. I wanna see what will happen when he meets the crazy trio.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 26, 2016 8:59 AM

Nov 2016
This anime is getting motho motho interesting.
Nov 26, 2016 12:03 PM
Mar 2016
So Toyohisa may be able to decapitate Hannibal, but hannibal would have had one of his eye, cool move.
Nov 26, 2016 2:04 PM

May 2013
woah this series just keeps getting better

just started reading the manga too, highly recommend it.
Nov 26, 2016 2:06 PM

Jun 2015
I love this show more and more, I love this little team now and this is the kind of comedy they need, with all of their egos and differences clashing !

That scene with Scipio and Kanno was so funny ! And I like Butch Cassidy, he has kind of cool vibe.
Nov 26, 2016 3:03 PM

Sep 2013
Well portrayed interactions among the drifters. Comedy is better, well didn't mind past ones that much. Nobunaga's reflection on his life was a great development and shines a new light to him.

Not liking Abe/Grand Master and his personality. Is he tasked with the Drifter supervising or he realized it himself, was subbed both in this ep.
Nov 26, 2016 3:40 PM

Jul 2010
I was waiting for Oda's reaction to gattling gun. And he is already friends with western guys. Oh, how I love interactions between different cultures and different ages.

Yoshitsune is probably a drifter, he is just fucking around. Drifters have free will after all.

I can predict that Hijikata will show us some extreme bullet slicing when a gattling gun is fired on him. And I am looking forward to it.

Toyohisa is going to be my favorite MC if he keeps going like this.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Drifters Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2016

205 by nick_el_son »»
Jan 19, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

167 by JackFrost1267 »»
Jan 3, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

119 by MizuhoKamui »»
Dec 16, 2023 8:44 AM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2016

129 by MizuhoKamui »»
Dec 15, 2023 6:38 PM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

81 by fathandz »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.