Forum Settings
Forums

Cast and Additional Staff of TV Anime 'Kuzu no Honkai' Announced

New
Nov 24, 2016 12:54 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The official website of Kuzu no Honkai has revealed the main cast and additional staff members for the upcoming TV anime, along with a new key visual (pictured) and the first preview. The series is scheduled to air on Fuji TV's noitaminA block on Fridays beginning January 13, 2017 at 12:55 a.m. Amazon will exclusively stream the series through their Prime Video service in Japan and overseas starting with episode one on January 12 at 12:00 a.m. From second episode onwards, the series will be distributed on Fridays at 3:00 a.m, followed by the Fuji TV broadcast.

Cast
Hanabi Yasuraoka: Chika Anzai (Hibike! Euphonium 2)
Mugi Awaya: Nobunaga Shimazaki (Handa-kun)
Sanae Ebato: Haruka Tomatsu (Re:LIFE)
Noriko Kamomebata (Moka): Shiori Izawa (Gakusen Toshi Asterisk)
Narumi Kanai: Kenji Nojima (Hachimitsu to Clover)
Akane Minagawa: Aki Toyosaki (Kokoro Connect)

Staff
Key Animation: Mayumi Watanabe (Animation Director of Natsu no Arashi!)
Design Works: Keiko Shiraishi (Ending Animation Director of Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV))
Prop Design: Mizuki Yoshida (Yume-iro Pâtissière)
Art Director: Tomonari Suzuki (Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai Hen)
Color Design: Kumiko Yanagisawa (Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou)
Director of Photography: Tomoyuki Kunii (Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku)
Editing: Yukie Oikawa (Gakkougurashi)
Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut)
Animation Producer: Yuuji Higa (Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai)
Production: "Kuzu no Honkai" Production Committee

PV

Source: Moca News
VindstotNov 24, 2016 1:01 PM

Nov 24, 2016 1:32 PM
Aug 2016
this anime will be so controversial. my popcorn is ready XD
Nov 24, 2016 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
So for the cast selection, not bad honestly, not bad at least in my honest opinion. And as for the art and sound staff... Its pretty interesting and based on the PV and how I see the artstyle and such, it looks pretty good honestly.

And even if actually doesn't turn out to be THAT good I think it will still be nice looking as well in the OST department, but we'll see around.
Nov 24, 2016 1:48 PM

May 2015
That is really pretty to be honest. I'm even more hyped now.

Nov 24, 2016 2:35 PM

Mar 2016
Mugi looks more mature than how he looks in the manga !!
Seunghoon my sunflower
Nov 24, 2016 2:44 PM
Aug 2015
honestly didn't know shit about this series until now

looks awesome and sensei is cuuuul af
Nov 24, 2016 3:02 PM
May 2015
I was planning to read the manga a few months ago but the potential of a teacher-student romance bullshit put me off. Now that this is getting an anime adaptation, I might give this series a shot.

Amazon will exclusively stream the series through their Prime Video service in Japan and overseas starting with episode one
I wonder what Amazon saw through this series that made them license this anime for streaming rights? I mean, I can guess why Amazon licensed Kabaneri but this one?

Nov 24, 2016 3:05 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
jc9622 said:
I was planning to read the manga a few months ago but the potential of a teacher-student romance bullshit put me off. Now that this is getting an anime adaptation, I might give this series a shot.

Amazon will exclusively stream the series through their Prime Video service in Japan and overseas starting with episode one
I wonder what Amazon saw through this series that made them license this anime for streaming rights? I mean, I can guess why Amazon licensed Kabaneri but this one?
Its not that they picked this one, they have the streaming rights for every anime that comes from the noitaminA block since Kabaneri.

But they have been shit since Battery has been horrible, they took forever to finally put some subs for Fune wo Amu like 2 weeks ago i think.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 24, 2016 3:09 PM
Jul 2018
DatRandomDude said:
jc9622 said:

Its not that they picked this one, they have the streaming rights for every anime that comes from the noitaminA block since Kabaneri.

But they have been shit since Battery has been horrible, they took forever to finally put some subs for Fune wo Amu like 2 weeks ago i think.

Well they're pretty much into delays right? Just assuming.
Nov 24, 2016 3:12 PM
May 2015
DatRandomDude said:
jc9622 said:

Amazon licenses all anime from noitaminA? That's news to me. I thought they go through the same process as Funimation, Crunchyroll and Netflix does when it comes to licensing anime per season? In other words, bidding wars.

Nov 24, 2016 3:24 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
jc9622 said:
DatRandomDude said:

Amazon licenses all anime from noitaminA? That's news to me. I thought they go through the same process as Funimation, Crunchyroll and Netflix does when it comes to licensing anime per season? In other words, bidding wars.
Here if you want to know more about it. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-17/amazon-signs-deal-with-fuji-tv-to-exclusively-stream-noitamina-series/.99901

Nov 24, 2016 4:21 PM

Aug 2015
I likeee itttttt!!!
Nov 24, 2016 4:22 PM

Nov 2007
This has

Well, it's not really a spoiler if someone looks up the characters' description in MAL.

But the story, how do I put it? ...it's pretty f*cked up. But don't get me wrong. It's not that I have problems with what I have mentioned inside the spoiler. It's with one of the characters outside of that relationship and I hate that character. Anyone who have read this manga would know who I am referring to. Also, I really cannot stand one of the other characters who is terrible at judging people.

Just want to say I approve of the seiyuu and the animation looks pretty great except for Mugi looking way older than he looks in the manga. But both Ecchan and Hana-chan look cute so it's all that I would care about. Whether I am gonna actually watch the anime or not is still up for the grabs because deep down I don't really want to go through the same suffering I had to endure while following this manga all over again.
shanimebibNov 24, 2016 4:25 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 24, 2016 6:03 PM

Mar 2015
i still can't imagine how it went.. how is this even possible to air on TV in popular hours?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 24, 2016 7:30 PM

Nov 2013
Tits out for Kuzu no Honkai!
Nov 24, 2016 10:06 PM

Apr 2012
Pretty strange design choice in the end, but after some spoilers, waiting for the show has become even more interesting.
Nov 24, 2016 10:09 PM

Apr 2012
shanimebib said:
This has

Well, it's not really a spoiler if someone looks up the characters' description in MAL.

But the story, how do I put it? ...it's pretty f*cked up. But don't get me wrong. It's not that I have problems with what I have mentioned inside the spoiler. It's with one of the characters outside of that relationship and I hate that character. Anyone who have read this manga would know who I am referring to. Also, I really cannot stand one of the other characters who is terrible at judging people.

Just want to say I approve of the seiyuu and the animation looks pretty great except for Mugi looking way older than he looks in the manga. But both Ecchan and Hana-chan look cute so it's all that I would care about. Whether I am gonna actually watch the anime or not is still up for the grabs because deep down I don't really want to go through the same suffering I had to endure while following this manga all over again.

But I still can not understand why this manga adapts studio of postmodern thrillers and action.
Nov 24, 2016 10:20 PM

Nov 2007
RobertBobert said:
shanimebib said:
This has

But I still can not understand why this manga adapts studio of postmodern thrillers and action.

Reading the contents under your spoiler tag, if you yearn for it that much then
Coronavirus.
Nov 24, 2016 10:22 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Woohoo, let's suffer again...
Nov 24, 2016 10:26 PM

Apr 2012
shanimebib said:

It is clear, but I hope at least for an interesting conflict
Nov 24, 2016 10:31 PM

Nov 2007
RobertBobert said:
shanimebib said:

Interesting conflict? More like what @BatoKusanagi said just above your post.
Coronavirus.
Nov 24, 2016 10:42 PM

Apr 2012
shanimebib said:
RobertBobert said:

Interesting conflict? More like what @BatoKusanagi said just above your post.

Given the anime on my userpic, I am fully prepared: D
Nov 25, 2016 6:46 AM

Sep 2014
I love sensei x student! But I always suffer
Nov 25, 2016 8:00 AM

Apr 2016
Loved the manga.

I'm prepared
2D > 3D
Nov 29, 2016 7:37 PM

Sep 2013
It's Kousaka Reina's VA new char, flirting with another girl while crushing on a teacher. That's so Kousaka Reina. (Stop cheating on Kumiko pls)

Anyway, so the main character is a scum? All characters are scums? This is new.
Nov 29, 2016 7:53 PM

Jun 2015
Nobunaga Shimazaki is really present those days, I feel like he already got cast in like at least 3 anime (in 2017) as a main character...good for you Zaki !

Now, I never read the manga but I'm really hyped for this...looks way more mature than most of romance anime...
Nov 30, 2016 6:03 PM
Nov 2016
DIRECTOR OF ASSASINATION CLASSROOM?!

I'M SOLD. I'M FREAKING SOLD. ASSASINATION CLASSROOM WAS A GEM.

Let's just hope this one is good too!
Nov 30, 2016 6:48 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
ThatGirlOtaku said:

nope, if you said this just because you've seen the title of assassination classroom in it its just because the design works in Kuzu is done by someone who directed the ending animations of AssClass

Dec 1, 2016 9:58 AM
Nov 2016
DatRandomDude said:
ThatGirlOtaku said:

nope, if you said this just because you've seen the title of assassination classroom in it its just because the design works in Kuzu is done by someone who directed the ending animations of AssClass

I just realized that a few minutes after Iooked over it.
It's the director of White Album 2, so let's hope they adapt it right, cause this is one of my favorite mangas!

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
14 minutes ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 32 minutes ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
32 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 50 minutes ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
50 minutes ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

3 by Etherius_ZS »»
3 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.