Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2016 1:47 AM

Mar 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Chapter was kinda short. 16 pages only.
But it's Deku vs Kaachan re-match. Didn't expect All Might to be watching there. I am so hyped for next week :D

Nov 24, 2016 1:50 AM

May 2015
Meh, kinda pointless fight.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2016 2:00 AM

Jun 2014
Bakugo confirms his knowledge of Deku's secret, and now they're fighting. I don't really see any point to this fight, but I'm interested in seeing how Bakugo will react if he loses.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 24, 2016 2:36 AM

Dec 2012
Bakugou knows the secret.

Deku vs Bakugou.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 24, 2016 3:02 AM
Jul 2016
zal said:

How it is pointless? this is something that would happen sooner or later and really expected from one of the sides
Nov 24, 2016 3:07 AM
Jul 2018
This fight is important, but for different reasons as this will eventually shape up bakugou's charcacter.
Some people in other forums were saying that bakugou will turn into a villain if he loses this fight and there are naruto vs sasuke hospital roof vibes from this chap, but I tend to think otherwise.

I think there is no way Bakugou turns into a villain, it would only make him fired up more to prove All Might wrong. But All Might chose Deku especially because he was weak physically but strong mentally. Bakugou was already strong so his mindset isn't suited for All Might's power.
Nov 24, 2016 3:11 AM

Dec 2015
Damn bakugou figured it all out! He might be a loud mouth bastard but I always admired his intellect! and also its high time for him to know deku's secret! and now he's gonna settle this with a battle???

Don't see any reason for them to fight but why not? it's kachann after all! ofcourse he'll do this in a violent way to prove something haha! and I'm interested to see what happens after the fight, if deku wins or if he loses. but I hope this duel will help refine their relationship, they are the twin stars so somewhere along the way they'd have to team up.

All might watching??? I wonder if he's gonna stop them or just watch them clash.
QueenSapphireNov 24, 2016 3:39 AM
Nov 24, 2016 3:12 AM

May 2015
DeepRiver said:
zal said:

How it is pointless? this is something that would happen sooner or later and really expected from one of the sides
It's not really something I would expect from Deku and not even from Kachan given the recent character development. But then again this is a fighting shounen and they are the friendly rivals so yes it doesn't surprise me they are fighting but I don't see any point to it. And I guess that after Kachan loses he will run away or learn a lesson about being a hero. But this are only my guesses based on Naruto.

If they really manage to make something interesting out of this fight then that's much welcomed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2016 3:13 AM

Nov 2011
Looks like Bakugou is rather serious about this fight....

I doubt they will fight each other to the death or something but he means serious business.
Nov 24, 2016 4:03 AM

Sep 2014
As expected Bakugou confirmed his suspicion about Deku's power.Now Bakugou wants to fight Deku,because he wants to see why All Might chose him.All Might also watches.I think Bakugou will lose.
Nov 24, 2016 4:40 AM

Dec 2013
I don't think they would even be allowed to do this without permission.
Nov 24, 2016 4:44 AM

Jul 2008
G_Spark233 said:
I don't think they would even be allowed to do this without permission.

No need to thin, Deku already noted that they are not allowed to fight nor even be there at this time of the night.
Nov 24, 2016 5:03 AM

Oct 2015
I really do not care about the overdone rival relationship between Midoriya and Bakugou. Perhaps the weakest aspect of the series for me. Let's just focus on being superheroes please.
Nov 24, 2016 5:18 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Frostbytes said:
This fight is important, but for different reasons as this will eventually shape up bakugou's charcacter.
Some people in other forums were saying that bakugou will turn into a villain if he loses this fight and there are naruto vs sasuke hospital roof vibes from this chap, but I tend to think otherwise.

I think there is no way Bakugou turns into a villain, it would only make him fired up more to prove All Might wrong. But All Might chose Deku especially because he was weak physically but strong mentally. Bakugou was already strong so his mindset isn't suited for All Might's power.
This is my thoughts on the matter as well
Nov 24, 2016 5:28 AM
Sep 2012
All right Bakguou, I thought with all the build up and Midoriya anticipating what this was about, that they were going to troll us and Bakguou was asking about something else. Thankfully they didn't go that route.

Well they fight or not, Midoriya has nothing to prove, but Bakugou needs to finally be taking down a peg, what I hope happens, I k now Bakugou went out of his way to get them alone, but I hope despite that, that the others or at least Uraraka and Iida and find out the truth as well. Especially Uraraka, let's not do the Lois Lane trope of the love interest is always in the dark.
Nov 24, 2016 5:55 AM

Dec 2014
Well I did not really expect this to happen so soon but given the development it had to happen sooner or later.

The fight is both kind of pointless and meaningful. It's pointless in the sense that Deku has nothing going for him here, The fight also probably does not help in anyway on Deku's road to being a hero or any meaning to 'heroism'. This fight has meaning to Bakugou and probably Bakugou alone, Now that he's pieced everything together. Bakugou's sole purpose in this fight is to discover what makes Deku worthy to have All Might's power. It's probably like a way for him to discover what Deku has and he doesn't and what that quality is and why it makes a huge difference. He has always been strong, He's always been determined and driven towards being the best. So he's never been able to understand what he's ever lacking. Simply put, This fight is Bakugou's realization of 'What it takes to be a Hero'. (The title of episode 2 of the anime)
At least that's what I think, We'll probably know more next chapter.
Nov 24, 2016 6:26 AM

Apr 2016
Finally a fight. This could be a driving point for the next arc.
Nov 24, 2016 6:39 AM
Dec 2015
Thoughts on the chapter:

Don't interrupt Bakugou when he's having his musings and being edgy during his monologue. He was so calm while talking but his words clearly has venom in them and I found it scary, really.

Bakugou is clearly logically smart and very observant, but what's more amazing is that he doesn't believe it to be the full truth unless he has all the pieces figured out.

SHIT. Bakugou is SCARY when he's serious. Still, I felt proud of him when he said that he wants to find out what's so great about Deku. It means he acknowledges that even though he doesn't like Deku, He trusts AllMight's judgment. Heck, he was even very vocal about his admiration to AllMight. Still, he was having an internal struggle cause it clashed directly with his own dreams. He was thinking this through, albeit darkly. Ah, Bakugou. Never one-dimensional. All Might is probably gonna clear this mess, but only after he sees enough.

I don't get the "villain" "naruto" comparisons at this point. It's true that Bakugou is having a personal struggle like now similar to Sasuke but that is very loosely because Sasuke actually has a very personal and serious goal to need power and though he was proud of his blood, he doesn't think he's done enough. Sasuke's problem is insecurity on what he has at that point and worries of the success of his ambitions (Sasuke is actually my favorite character from Naruto) Bakugou, on the hand, is opposite. He's proud of his quirk and he believes in it and himself to the point that he thinks his dreams is a given. But then he has to know, why his most admired person chose the very person he considers "merely a pebble in the sideroad" becuase that is a huge hit in his prideful personality. Still, he doesn't strike me as "villain-turning" here.

Bakugou though aggressive, is calm. He just needs some answers, preferably I think from All Might himself. And that is for the better, All Might actually respects Bakugou a lot so at this point, only All Might can convince Bakugou. The fight is necessary only on the front, so that Bakugou can be "free" from his worries.
Nov 24, 2016 7:00 AM

Sep 2014
zal said:

The fan base has been asking for a rematch in like forever and when we finally get it you complain?
Nov 24, 2016 8:32 AM

Nov 2009
My frustration level knows no bounds.
If Deku loses, I'm... suing Horikoshi. I'm so tired of Bakugou's cockiness, rudeness, aggressiveness, etc etc etc, going unchecked.

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Nov 24, 2016 9:24 AM

Sep 2013
Finally! He confronted Deku.

I'm actually glad they're having this fight. Kacchan needs this. He needs clarification on why All Might chose Deku and why Deku might actually be a tad bit better than him. He needs that huge reality slap on the face. And for that to happen, Deku needs to fight him, honestly, without holding back. That's the only way to deal with Kacchan tbh. One has to be direct and honest with him. He's a simple character and I love him for it.

Once he can comprehend and confirm all that he needed to be confirmed, it'll all be fine. No, he will definitely not be another Sasuke. That would make him OOC. The kid just wants to be a great hero like All Might... beating the crap out of bad guys. Give him a break pls.
Nov 24, 2016 9:41 AM

Sep 2013
Sasuke calls out naruto and now they fight :)
Nov 24, 2016 10:30 AM

Dec 2015
^
That's what I hate and can appreciate about this series. On the surface, the dynamic of the relationship between Bakugou and Deku feels pretty similar to the one in the other series, and that's what I don't like about it. It feels like Horikoshi gets way too much inspiration on Naruto for this. But I can still appreciate the fact that it's yet different because of how they are characterized: Bakugou is a prideful, arrogant, extremely gifted who's motivation is to become a hero by being the strongest (mind you he already he doesn't want to be a villain, at least for now), Midoriya on the other hand is way more pessimistic and self conscious than Naruto, given he isn't your typical hot blooded shonen protagonist.

I doubt at this point Bakugou is going to become a villain, he just want to punch villains' faces in. He has a family and everything for him. If he does go to the villain side, my appreciation of this series is going to lower hard.
Nov 24, 2016 10:54 AM

May 2015
dicecop said:
zal said:

The fan base has been asking for a rematch in like forever and when we finally get it you complain?
I didn't ask for it and if it the rematch was really only because the fanbase asked for it that's even worse.
Nov 24, 2016 11:19 AM

Jan 2010
minnydesu said:
Finally! He confronted Deku.

I'm actually glad they're having this fight. Kacchan needs this. He needs clarification on why All Might chose Deku and why Deku might actually be a tad bit better than him. He needs that huge reality slap on the face. And for that to happen, Deku needs to fight him, honestly, without holding back. That's the only way to deal with Kacchan tbh. One has to be direct and honest with him. He's a simple character and I love him for it.

Once he can comprehend and confirm all that he needed to be confirmed, it'll all be fine. No, he will definitely not be another Sasuke. That would make him OOC. The kid just wants to be a great hero like All Might... beating the crap out of bad guys. Give him a break pls.

Yes! On top of the reality check Kacchan so desperately needs, I hope this will be a turning point in their fraught relationship as well. While I don't see them having the cordial-ish friendship between Deku and Todoroki, I think they would be the ultimate tag team once their rivalry becomes more balanced and less hostile.
Nov 24, 2016 12:03 PM

Mar 2014
Bakugou won't surpass Midoriya. And even if he does, Midoriya will surpass him soon.
Nov 24, 2016 1:39 PM

Jul 2012
Starting to look like Endeavor Jr.
Nov 24, 2016 3:24 PM

Dec 2015
Rio_Pascua said:
Thoughts on the chapter:

Don't interrupt Bakugou when he's having his musings and being edgy during his monologue. He was so calm while talking but his words clearly has venom in them and I found it scary, really.

Bakugou is clearly logically smart and very observant, but what's more amazing is that he doesn't believe it to be the full truth unless he has all the pieces figured out.

SHIT. Bakugou is SCARY when he's serious. Still, I felt proud of him when he said that he wants to find out what's so great about Deku. It means he acknowledges that even though he doesn't like Deku, He trusts AllMight's judgment. Heck, he was even very vocal about his admiration to AllMight. Still, he was having an internal struggle cause it clashed directly with his own dreams. He was thinking this through, albeit darkly. Ah, Bakugou. Never one-dimensional. All Might is probably gonna clear this mess, but only after he sees enough.

I don't get the "villain" "naruto" comparisons at this point. It's true that Bakugou is having a personal struggle like now similar to Sasuke but that is very loosely because Sasuke actually has a very personal and serious goal to need power and though he was proud of his blood, he doesn't think he's done enough. Sasuke's problem is insecurity on what he has at that point and worries of the success of his ambitions (Sasuke is actually my favorite character from Naruto) Bakugou, on the hand, is opposite. He's proud of his quirk and he believes in it and himself to the point that he thinks his dreams is a given. But then he has to know, why his most admired person chose the very person he considers "merely a pebble in the sideroad" becuase that is a huge hit in his prideful personality. Still, he doesn't strike me as "villain-turning" here.

Bakugou though aggressive, is calm. He just needs some answers, preferably I think from All Might himself. And that is for the better, All Might actually respects Bakugou a lot so at this point, only All Might can convince Bakugou. The fight is necessary only on the front, so that Bakugou can be "free" from his worries.

^ This, I have to agree. This fight could be bakugou's turning point, All might choosing deku had hit him so hard, what I appreciate about him in this chapter is that he already acknowledges Deku's power and now he's giving him a chance to prove himself worthy of AM's power, and this "fight" was his only way of accepting it.

I also don't understand why some people still think that kachann would go to the villain route, thought that this matter was settled right after he was kidnapped and told the villains to fuck off.
QueenSapphireNov 24, 2016 3:32 PM
Nov 24, 2016 8:58 PM

Mar 2015
i just geting this shit in ubel blat... not again...

i dislike bokugou as character, and as rival... rivalries is done to death in shounen... it's always about insecurity and wondering... that's why i prefer black clover for rivalries which surprisingly has fresh rivalries despitebuild with cliches...

MoonStar9 said:
I really do not care about the overdone rival relationship between Midoriya and Bakugou. Perhaps the weakest aspect of the series for me. Let's just focus on being superheroes please.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

however, as plot progression and character development, i can't disagree that this is interesting move with a lot possibility outcome can offer..difinetily interesting to see what kouhei can deliver...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 24, 2016 10:30 PM

Jan 2008
Rematch between Deku and Bakugou. I like their rivalry as long as they don't become Naruto and Sasuke
Nov 25, 2016 5:44 AM
Jul 2016
everyone keeps comparing bakugou and deku to sasuke and naruto which i seriously can't understand they are totally different characters i mean sasuke wanted to fight naruto in order to kill naruto and naruto because he wants to save sasuke and bring him back to konoha while bakugou simply can't accept that deku is better so he wants a rematch to confirm if deku is as great as people describe him and deku is forced to fight it's so simple stop comparing the rivalty of some characters from other anime that fight fro different reasons and have rivalty for other reasons to naruto and sasuke please it's so annoying

Nov 25, 2016 6:13 AM
Dec 2015
otakugirl10 said:
everyone keeps comparing bakugou and deku to sasuke and naruto which i seriously can't understand they are totally different characters i mean sasuke wanted to fight naruto in order to kill naruto and naruto because he wants to save sasuke and bring him back to konoha while bakugou simply can't accept that deku is better so he wants a rematch to confirm if deku is as great as people describe him and deku is forced to fight it's so simple stop comparing the rivalty of some characters from other anime that fight fro different reasons and have rivalty for other reasons to naruto and sasuke please it's so annoying

Actually, that's not the comparison here. It does give the vibe of the 'rooftop showdown" from the first Naruto, when they were children. That was Sasuke's turning point into being an anti-hero. I will admit it's overdone at this point, but the connection is there.

Also, it's not that "bakugou simply can't accept that deku is better" (because, really Deku is not yet better than Bakugou at this point, they haven't proven that) but that Bakugou WANTS/NEEDS to know the REASON WHY ALLMIGHT CHOSE DEKU AS A SUCCESSOR OF OFA. Those things are different. Bakugou is goal-oriented here.
Nov 25, 2016 6:22 AM
Jul 2016
Rio_Pascua said:
otakugirl10 said:

Actually, that's not the comparison here. It does give the vibe of the 'rooftop showdown" from the first Naruto, when they were children. That was Sasuke's turning point into being an anti-hero. I will admit it's overdone at this point, but the connection is there.

Also, it's not that "bakugou simply can't accept that deku is better" (because, really Deku is not yet better than Bakugou at this point, they haven't proven that) but that Bakugou WANTS/NEEDS to know the REASON WHY ALLMIGHT CHOSE DEKU AS A SUCCESSOR OF OFA. Those things are different. Bakugou is goal-oriented here.

Well yea if you look at it like that then there ia some connection but some people are overdoing it why would bakugou turn evil in the first place just because he wants to be a hero like ALL MIGHT that he admires while sasuke became evil because of revenge and then after he took his revenge he wanted to destroy konoha then i think even him himself didn't know why he wanted revenge also i want to say that fans are comparing all the rivalties of the main characters to sasuke and naruto which i find annoying
Nov 25, 2016 11:29 AM

Nov 2015
Well this could only go two ways. Either Kaachan turns villain like some ppl are a predicting or he starts to become an even better hero. Finally accepting Deku as a friend as well as a rival. The only thing is which we would be more interesting to see? I'm leaning towards the second point.
Reply in the first few hours to hear a response from me, if not I will not care for any further involvement for that post, so your reply will be ignored.
Nov 26, 2016 12:43 AM
Nov 2016
RPierre21 said:
Well this could only go two ways. Either Kaachan turns villain like some ppl are a predicting or he starts to become an even better hero. Finally accepting Deku as a friend as well as a rival. The only thing is which we would be more interesting to see? I'm leaning towards the second point.

Here's what I think. Bakugou will NEVER turn as a villain.
He's too stubborn for it.
As many people said, he's trying to understand why All Might chose Deku. So this battle is only in that optic.

For me, Bakugou will either win quickly and never acknowledge Deku.
Or, he will notice Deku's character (the 'never give up and save everyone' vibe) and therefore, will start to respect him.

That would be the start of their friendship.
Though, for that to happen, they would need to express their feelings the same way they did while fighting against All Might.

I'm so curious to see what will happen!
Nov 26, 2016 8:43 AM

Oct 2007
This chapter and the fight, if it even spans more than a chapter or two, is solely for Bakugo's character development and to further the relationship between him and Deku. It could go either way but I'm rooting for a positive outcome here. I think Bakugo will get over it, he's a better character than most give him credit for. His analysis was spot on and it wasn't exactly unexpected as he was noticing the changes in Deku all along very closely. If anything, I have more respect for him. I felt naruto/saskue rooftop vibes from the rivalry but this story I'm certain will take a different route because the characters themselves have very different characteristics. Looking forward to following along the journey of the twin stars :)
Nov 28, 2016 10:48 PM

May 2008
Mah boy Bakugou is on an identity crisis.
Nov 30, 2016 1:39 PM
Nov 2016
We're to an important point of Katsuj's evolution. He finally accepts that he underestimated Deku's true nature the all time and he's trying to get what he has which makes him a better hero.

I'm really hyped for the conclusion of this fight, althought, I'm pretty sure that they will not finish it. Maybe All Might will interfer (even if, when we see him in the next page, I think it's symbolic, he's not acutally here) or an other student (Kirishima ? Or Todoroki ?)or worst, maybe Tomura will make a new entrance ! (I just really hope that they won't be caught by Eraserhead cuz' I'm pretty sure he would fire them).

I don't think that Bakugou will turn out to be a villain, it has been proven in the Kamino Arc, he's maybe a violent dickhead but he as a really Strong ambition, and it's to be a hero.

My opinion, in the case they finish there battle :

- Kacchan wins : His attitude to Deku doesn't change and he even starts to reproches All Moght a bad choice of successor
- Deku wins : Kacchan finally accepts that he was wrong and starts to consider Izuku as a rival. He will certainly still be an aggresive brat but, will be more mature in a way
Dec 8, 2016 7:23 PM

Dec 2013
Meh chapter.
I'm a little bit tired of Bakugou and his king in the belly's ego.
nnnicolasDec 8, 2016 7:29 PM
Jan 3, 2017 8:08 AM

May 2016
I found this a bit tenser than the last chapter. Maybe it's because I've been with them for much longer?

Bakugo pieced it all together. Every single detail from part 1 to now. Wow.

Now, they will duke it out to see who's worthy of winning All Might's attention or not~

May 17, 2017 4:33 AM

Jan 2016
Soooo finally made some intense reading for a while now and finally soon caught up with everything and thought i make a note here , in truth i been a fan of this sense 2015 but never been able to read every week .(kinda annoying to be honest) and i actually forgot all about this website lately and i could make notes about this, am a disgrace xD

Hypes fucking chapter and kinda short also also i got about 20 more chapter of hype to catch up with*^* OOOOH HAPPY DAY/ ANd FUCK YOU WORK!! making me miss soooo much ..
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Aug 3, 2017 6:50 AM

Feb 2013
He knows everything now.
I wasn't expecting a fight.
Aug 9, 2017 1:36 PM
Jul 2018
Beautifully crafted angst. <3
Dec 29, 2017 9:05 AM

Nov 2011
Bakugo is such an asshole , no redeeming qualitie honestly story wise ,hope the author make him become an actual charater instead of a caricature after this ,and make him grow the fuck up
- Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.

- The biggest challenge in life is being yourself… In a world trying to make you like everyone else
Mar 8, 2022 5:45 AM

Feb 2021
Damn Bakugou gonna take the Sasuke route now?

Aug 15, 2022 6:20 PM
Community Mod
💧Focalors💧

Mar 2022
Bakugo is way smarter than he looks/acts.

Surprises me every time.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 403 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Oct 10, 2023

53 by tmsmnrq »»
Today, 6:57 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 372 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Nov 2, 2022

23 by KoniginElle »»
Today, 2:14 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

23 by em4sx2020 »»
Apr 16, 7:15 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 419 Discussion ( 1 2 )

thebrentinator24 - Apr 3

50 by marquinti2 »»
Apr 14, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 418 Discussion

deg - Mar 28

17 by marquinti2 »»
Apr 14, 9:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.