Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: The Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya Episode 1 Discussion

Mar 20, 2011 6:41 PM
great movie. totally diff than most anime, in the fact that most anime have the hero sacrifice himself for someone else, kyon was like "f that! i want my own world" LOL his selfishness reflects suzumiya's "the world revolves around her" attitude

IF theyre going to continue this series, suzumiya needs to keep the long hair and please more humor with the talking cat!
"....i am the villain in this story"

Mar 24, 2011 2:41 AM
this movie was perfection. I've never felt so moved by an anime.

can't wait for the dub just so I can experience it another time.

Mar 31, 2011 6:21 AM

Same hear! seen the sub! what the dubs lol

Why haven't i found you yet! :)
Two wrongs don't make a right! but three rights make a left...

Mar 31, 2011 8:31 AM

wix said:

The dubs have Christina Vee, so stay away from those. They're just plain bad.
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!

Mar 31, 2011 10:23 AM

Vinter said:
wix said:

Really! Glad to hear her it's not just me then! Her shrill voice dose my head in 0.o

Mar 31, 2011 9:43 PM

wix said:
Vinter said:
wix said:

Really! Glad to hear her it's not just me then! Her shrill voice dose my head in 0.o

Indeed. I don't understand how she has such a following.
But then people like Beiber too, so I guess the bar isn't set particularly high.

Apr 3, 2011 8:46 PM

Vinter said:
haisaki said:
Anyone care to explain what happened when stabbed kyon lying on the ground sees 2 mikurus and another kyon.

Kyon explained that, but it may be difficult to get the first time around.
Basically, after Kyon1 wakes up in the hospital he knows that at some point he needs to go back in time with Mikuru, to save himself from dying.

Thats why when Kyon2 shows up he says "It hurt for me too" because he experienced the same thing and was saved by himself.
So Kyon2 saves the day and Kyon1 wake up in the hospital.

So at some point, Kyon1 needs to go back in time and save himself, thus becoming Kyon2.

EDIT: Made a graph to explain it :D

Question. Does Kyon1 actually complete the time loop like in Endless Eight? Or after the end of Disappearance, does he just go back in time to save himself and that self eventually saves another one and so forth (infinite loop) while Kyon1 (eventually turning to Kyon2 I guess) gets to move on?

I think I pretty much figured out the rest, but that's the only thing bugging me at this point.

It really is an amazing movie. One of my favorite parts was when Kyon interrogates Taniguchi and runs off to find Haruhi at her school, the music accompanying that part was particularly fitting and splendid.

To me, it wasn't selfish of Kyon though I can understand how some might think that. The way I saw it he chose them all (everyone as he knew them before). The coda (Yuki at the library at the end) as well as certain parts make it pretty clear that Yuki is very capable of having emotions, normal alternate world/life or not. It was charming that Yuki decided to give Kyon a choice too.

Apr 4, 2011 7:40 AM

Acquiesc3 said:
Vinter said:
haisaki said:
Anyone care to explain what happened when stabbed kyon lying on the ground sees 2 mikurus and another kyon.

Basically, after Kyon1 wakes up in the hospital he knows that at some point he needs to go back in time with Mikuru, to save himself from dying.

Thats why when Kyon2 shows up he says "It hurt for me too" because he experienced the same thing and was saved by himself.

So at some point, Kyon1 needs to go back in time and save himself, thus becoming Kyon2.

Question. Does Kyon1 actually complete the time loop like in Endless Eight? Or after the end of Disappearance, does he just go back in time to save himself and that self eventually saves another one and so forth (infinite loop) while Kyon1 (eventually turning to Kyon2 I guess) gets to move on?

I think I pretty much figured out the rest, but that's the only thing bugging me at this point.

It really is an amazing movie. One of my favorite parts was when Kyon interrogates Taniguchi and runs off to find Haruhi at her school, the music accompanying that part was particularly fitting and splendid.

To me, it wasn't selfish of Kyon though I can understand how some might think that. The way I saw it he chose them all (everyone as he knew them before). The coda (Yuki at the library at the end) as well as certain parts make it pretty clear that Yuki is very capable of having emotions, normal alternate world/life or not. It was charming that Yuki decided to give Kyon a choice too.

Well, Endless Eight wasn't a timeloop. Nothing existed outside of those 2 weeks of summer. So at the end of every summer it doesn't rewind time, which would mean every iteration would be indentical, but it starts again from the beginning.

But no.
It's not a time loop as Kyon2 isn't sacrificing himself. Both Kyon1 and Kyon2 are the same person, just at different points in time.
If you count Kyon's life from the point where he's saved up until he saves himself, and then continue from that Kyon1 then of course you're going to get a loop. But Kyon2 doesn't end there, he then goes back again and continues his life.

It does fall into Predestination Paradox, as Kyon only goes back to save himself because he already went back to save himself. Or rather will go back to save himself. One event cannot exist without the other first happening, and the other can't happen before the first.

Another graph.

Apr 4, 2011 11:52 PM

Ah I see. Thanks for that. I think it's the paradox that got me all confused.

Apr 5, 2011 1:07 PM

I planed to finish my dissertation today hand-in's next week... na! i watched The Disappearance of Haruhi again! why do i procrastinate? But this film its soooooo good! :D

Apr 5, 2011 2:35 PM

Vinter said:
haisaki said:

Please i tell you all it give in the movie not more Kyon's, Yuki's ec. The Story is just stupid and senseless. Only the Producer have you all maked crazy to make many cash with this movie.

Apr 5, 2011 4:42 PM

Haruhi_Suzimiya said:
Please i tell you all it give in the movie not more Kyon's, Yuki's ec. The Story is just stupid and senseless. Only the Producer have you all maked crazy to make many cash with this movie.

You're just mad because they reduced your screen time.

Great graphs btw. Although I think anyone who watched Back to the Future should have sufficient understanding of the matter. ;)

Apr 7, 2011 3:58 AM

Predictable, long, yet somehow engrossing and satisfying. I think almost entirely due to the talents of Sugita Tomokazu, who never misses a beat in voicing Kyon. I didn't miss Haruhi one bit, and I was delighted by the developments involving Yuki. Of course, every other character was moot, as they don't do anything important. But who cares?

Overall it surprised me. I wasn't expecting something this good, but the second season of Haruhi will do that to you (although I didn't mind Endless Eight and it's overrated as an irritance). The details were awesome, such as Yuki's smile and when Kyon strokes Haruhi's face.

And I almost lost this post. Thankfully, I didn't.

Now on to something new.

Oh, and if you couldn't follow what was going on in this movie, please. Do you have a brain? =P
<---made of awesome!

Apr 7, 2011 8:32 AM

Susan said:
Predictable, long, yet somehow engrossing and satisfying. I think almost entirely due to the talents of Sugita Tomokazu, who never misses a beat in voicing Kyon. I didn't miss Haruhi one bit, and I was delighted by the developments involving Yuki. Of course, every other character was moot, as they don't do anything important. But who cares?

Overall it surprised me. I wasn't expecting something this good, but the second season of Haruhi will do that to you (although I didn't mind Endless Eight and it's overrated as an irritance). The details were awesome, such as Yuki's smile and when Kyon strokes Haruhi's face.

And I almost lost this post. Thankfully, I didn't.

Now on to something new.

Oh, and if you couldn't follow what was going on in this movie, please. Do you have a brain? =P

WRONG MY DEAR! Endless Eight is WAY UNDERRATED!

Apr 8, 2011 5:29 PM

Wow, what a troll.

I didn't say it was overrated as in it's "bad." I said it was "overrated as an irritance" (which should've been irritant) meaning it wasn't nearly as bad as most people make it out to be.

I don't even know why I'm arguing with a troll...
<---made of awesome!

Apr 9, 2011 5:14 PM

Susan said:
Wow, what a troll.

I didn't say it was overrated as in it's "bad." I said it was "overrated as an irritance" (which should've been irritant) meaning it wasn't nearly as bad as most people make it out to be.

I don't even know why I'm arguing with a troll...

Sorry my english is not so good, im a german girl. It was a little misteak

Apr 11, 2011 7:20 PM

Coming from someone who didn't watch the 2nd series, it was good fun. Not quite as laid back as the series, but still funny in places. All I will say is that hardcore fans may be put off by how complex it is, instead of just wanting it for the giggles and Mikuru boob fondling.

Apr 12, 2011 2:55 PM

Wow!..... This movie is awesome. I like that Yuki with emotions, her expressions are so cute.

Apr 12, 2011 5:09 PM

Apr 13, 2011 11:12 AM

Acquiesc3 said:
Vinter said:
haisaki said:

Hi! I am new to forums and would love to add to the conversation.

I agree that Kyon was not being selfish...of course, we are looking at it from the outside of Kyon's thoughts so I can understand how people could think that.

However, I think it was more of Kyon wanting to simply get back to the people he knew but also, and more importantly, him putting trust in the Yuki Nagato that he always put his faith into...almost overbearingly as he contemplates later.

As soon as he "saw" Yuki talking via computer, he was ready right then and there to go back...even though I was crushed when he gave the application back to emotional Yuki. I know in the novel Kyon stated something like this is a fake world anyway, but to me, that girl still was Yuki...the real Yuki underneath all the power, Data intergration, observation being stripped away...but that is something for another discussion!

Of course, when he goes through the "ready" monologue, after hearing the one responsible for all this, his eyes really open up which I loved...and of course the rooftop scene with Yuki was simply precious - Yuki is no longer his crutch but a precious friend.

Apr 19, 2011 8:53 AM

Great watch! The direction was fantastic and the mystic and complexity surrounding the whole thing contributed a lot for this great experience. I'd say both seasons are essential to fully enjoy this movie with the exception of some solo episodes and some of the repeated endless eight.

Anyway, I loved the fact that this focused on Nagato (my favorite character here), and without spoiling anything, I can just say that this is a development ride concerning her character and Kyon,

Best part of the whole Suzumiya franchise, definitely.

Apr 22, 2011 2:46 AM

ive already watched it 2 days ago
and it was really awesome!
the best movie anime ive ever seen!
Yuki is sooo damn cute moe <3 <3
(altough i love Yuki's cold side moore)

"Man - a being in search of meaning.." - Plato Seven Knights Mobile Game

Apr 23, 2011 6:49 PM

I've always wanted to watch this, but I could never bring myself to trudge through the abomination that is the Endless Eight. I guess today I just said F--- season 2, and torrented Shoushitsu in 1080p. Good decision.

Because this was an awesome watch. Gone are the random needless Mikuru fondling/overt fanservice moments (mostly), and all the aimless messing around of the series is replaced by a very, very focused plot. That's not to say the show wasn't enjoyable, but I prefer this method of direction immensely more. Absolutely loved the way all the timelines tied together in the end, and the fact that there wasn't a single misplaced plot device. Seriously, seeing Ryoko charge in towards the end with a knife just brought a huge smile to my face.

But the most commendable aspect of all is, without a doubt, the characters. Or specifically, Kyon. This guy can now kick some serious ass--well not literally, but he certainly did go from being totally whipped by Haruhi to restoring balance to the entire goddamn universe. Without the use of superpowers. Not to mention, the monologue that happens in his head close to the end was, though just a bit on the cheddary side, pretty amazing. I also thoroughly enjoyed the huge shift of focus to Yuki, which of course brings A LOT of
moments. Moe Yuki is moe ^__^

As can be expected of a KyoAni work, the animation was spot-on. Very consistent characters, water-like fluidity in movements, enormous attention to detail (holy shit, the snowflakes in the scene with Yuki), and there's some really beautiful backgrounds too. You can tell they went full out with the animation, and it's quite the visual feast.

However, the movie felt just a tad too long, running at 2 hrs 40 mins. There were minor pacing issues throughout (notably, I recall a scene in the former SOS room with Kyon and Yuki sitting there, doing absolutely nothing) that, when compounded, stretched the movie out more than necessary. Honestly, the movie probably could've been wrapped up in just over 2 hours if they tried, which would make for a much more intense watch.

Maybe that's why I'm giving this a 9 rather than a 10, but it's pretty darn close. In any case, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and probably gonna rewatch soon.

Apr 23, 2011 11:40 PM

linnaes said:
I've always wanted to watch this, but I could never bring myself to trudge through the abomination that is the Endless Eight. I guess today I just said F--- season 2, and torrented Shoushitsu in 1080p. Good decision.

Because this was an awesome watch. Gone are the random needless Mikuru fondling/overt fanservice moments (mostly), and all the aimless messing around of the series is replaced by a very, very focused plot. That's not to say the show wasn't enjoyable, but I prefer this method of direction immensely more. Absolutely loved the way all the timelines tied together in the end, and the fact that there wasn't a single misplaced plot device. Seriously, seeing Ryoko charge in towards the end with a knife just brought a huge smile to my face.

But the most commendable aspect of all is, without a doubt, the characters. Or specifically, Kyon. This guy can now kick some serious ass--well not literally, but he certainly did go from being totally whipped by Haruhi to restoring balance to the entire goddamn universe. Without the use of superpowers. Not to mention, the monologue that happens in his head close to the end was, though just a bit on the cheddary side, pretty amazing. I also thoroughly enjoyed the huge shift of focus to Yuki, which of course brings A LOT of
moments. Moe Yuki is moe ^__^

As can be expected of a KyoAni work, the animation was spot-on. Very consistent characters, water-like fluidity in movements, enormous attention to detail (holy shit, the snowflakes in the scene with Yuki), and there's some really beautiful backgrounds too. You can tell they went full out with the animation, and it's quite the visual feast.

However, the movie felt just a tad too long, running at 2 hrs 40 mins. There were minor pacing issues throughout (notably, I recall a scene in the former SOS room with Kyon and Yuki sitting there, doing absolutely nothing) that, when compounded, stretched the movie out more than necessary. Honestly, the movie probably could've been wrapped up in just over 2 hours if they tried, which would make for a much more intense watch.

Maybe that's why I'm giving this a 9 rather than a 10, but it's pretty darn close. In any case, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and probably gonna rewatch soon.

Haruhi Movie have Fanservice in it? No!

Endless Eight have Fanservice it it? Yes!♥

May 18, 2011 7:14 PM

Maybe I have a misunderstanding of the nature of Yuki's alternate universe, but doesn't the ending of the film sort of pose a plot hole? How can future members of the SOS Brigade come back in time to help Kyon, when the existence of a future brigade is dependent on Kyon's success?

May 18, 2011 7:49 PM

Moonlapse said:
Maybe I have a misunderstanding of the nature of Yuki's alternate universe, but doesn't the ending of the film sort of pose a plot hole? How can future members of the SOS Brigade come back in time to help Kyon, when the existence of a future brigade is dependent on Kyon's success?

If you're referring to Kyon getting stabbed, that happens after he resets the universe, and right before Yuki alters it.
So it's not in the alternate universe.

May 18, 2011 8:25 PM

Vinter said:
If you're referring to Kyon getting stabbed, that happens after he resets the universe, and right before Yuki alters it.

Kyon hadn't fired the needle yet, and it's clear based on Yuki's persona and Asakura's presence that they're in the altered universe at that point. It's assumed that the future brigade finishes the job of restoring it.

I think I've come up with a partially working theory of the whole thing, though:

Only thing I can still think of is why Yuki didn't just make the escape program in the alternate universe perform the restoration itself. It seems like all of Kyon's efforts beyond that point were unnecessary.

May 18, 2011 8:40 PM

Wow, everyone is really analyzing this.
Although you are answering a lot of my questions with other questions so I am interested.

I rewatched it yesterday. Always a mystery

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!

May 18, 2011 8:43 PM

Moonlapse said:

With time travel a writer can simply claim that any wrongs can be righted by simply using more time travel. A heavily used crutch in sci-fi stuff, but not necessarily a bad one.

Quantum Leap certainly had fun with it for awhile at least.

May 18, 2011 9:36 PM

Moonlapse said:
Vinter said:

Kyon hadn't fired the needle yet, and it's clear based on Yuki's persona and Asakura's presence that they're in the altered universe at that point. It's assumed that the future brigade finishes the job of restoring it.

I think I've come up with a partially working theory of the whole thing, though:

Only thing I can still think of is why Yuki didn't just make the escape program in the alternate universe perform the restoration itself. It seems like all of Kyon's efforts beyond that point were unnecessary.

Right, they arrived before but watched her change the universe.
Then it's a praradox.
For Kyon to be able to go back in time from the future, he must have already fixed things, but in order for him to fix things, he must go back in time from the future.

Kyon from the future lives in a normal universe and not the altered one, even if Yuki altered it.
Because he will at some point travel back and fix it, and if he at some point travels back to fix it, then it must already have been fixed, and thus isn't altered anymore.

Or maybe they already traveled back before the world was altered, and had the nanomachiens Yuki injected when she bit them, so they arrived in that time before Kyon got stabbed, but didn't get to that particular location until just afterwards.

May 22, 2011 6:57 PM
REALLY epic movie
i have to add to the conversation

Since thisanime also has a TV series, there are a lot of references to these and theybring great effects. The note in the book is a reference to when Nagato wrote anote in the same book for Kyon. The intro song is the same as the original. Kyonattempts to find himself and Mikuru in Nagato’s apartment bedroom from whenthey first went back in time but fails on both occasions. When Nagato talksabout when Kyon got her the library card is an obvious reference to when theywent to the library in the TV series and Nagato wouldn’t leave until he got hera card. In both worlds Taniguchi went to the same school as Haruhi and tellsthe same story of when she drew on the school grounds. Before Haruhi met Kyonshe had long hair, and since she didn’t meet him in the parallel world he haskept that length. In the past three years ago in the TV series Kyon told Haruhihe was called John Smith. In both worlds Koizumi is a transfer student andHaruhi takes immediate interest in him because it’s strange. When Haruhichanges clothes and Kyon flinches, this is because in the TV series Haruhi doesn’t care who is watching and just gets changed into her underwear to changeinto her gym clothes. Kyon still has his ponytail fetish from the TV series.Mikuru was part of the calligraphy club before she joined the SOS Brigade but inthe parallel world the SOS Brigade doesn’t exist so she is still there. The scene when Mikuru is taken into the literary clubroom is also the same scene inthe TV series. Tanabata three years ago is in both the film and TV series andplays big parts in both. In both the TV series and the film, Asakura tries tokill Kyon via a knife and also in both, Nagato stops her by grabbing the knife.

May 22, 2011 11:36 PM

Soooo...The falling down the stairs, was it just a fabrication/did it really happen/was it just an excuse to move the plot?
If it happened, who's the phantom girl?

In my current view of it, the Kyon who got stabbed lost so much blood that he was just fatigued enough for the SOS brigade sans Haruhi to make up some story that would result in little to no lasting visible damage so as to completely heal him.

But if that's it, how'd he make it through the day up until noon without arousing suspicion?

May 23, 2011 3:42 PM

Actually, it sounded more like in the future, Kyon will go into the past and finish the job (he didn't get to inject Yuki before Asakura stabbed him) and save himself.
Also, they needed to make a plot that Haruhi would believe. The phantom girl who thrw him down the stairs was most likely Yuki. She would be able to throw him down in a way that would give him a sirious but not fatal injury, I think.
Besides, the only other skirt-wearing persons wih them is Asahina, and I think neither the young nor the adult Asahina could really do it.

On a side note, that timeline-digram there shows it all. It may look confusing, but that's a given when it's about multiple time travels within the same period, including two or more parallel universes. If you try to understand it w/o all the information , including the information we don't have right now, have painkillers at hand.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl

May 25, 2011 11:11 PM

slymoon said:
REALLY epic movie
i have to add to the conversation

WORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDS

Excited because it's your first post?

Try using some formatting and punctuation so people will be able to read it.

Wordsmith said:
Also, they needed to make a plot that Haruhi would believe. The phantom girl who thrw him down the stairs was most likely Yuki. She would be able to throw him down in a way that would give him a sirious but not fatal injury, I think.

I rather it's that "Kyon fell down the stairs" is the explanation Itsuki came up with to explain to Haruhi why's Kyon needs to be in hospital when the real reason is the stab wound.

May 29, 2011 9:14 AM

Loved it but why do they have to put that moment where Kyon gave back the application form to Moe Yuki? After that scene, I felt I was stabbed really hard.

May 29, 2011 9:59 AM

@ reggiewafu

Like it or not, that scenes one of the more pivotal in the movie. It's pretty much showing, along with the scene where he argues with "himself" later on, that he chooses his own world with Haruhi and the others over an unexciting but peaceful life in the world Yuki created.

I don't see any reason to complain about an important scene like this. Kyon isn't being a douche like so many people seem to believe, he's just making his stance clear.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

May 30, 2011 4:31 AM

Wow, just amazing. One of the best movies I have ever seen.

Recommend to everyone but before watching it, you should take a look on TV series.

May 30, 2011 5:35 AM
Woooo...

I amaze..

Best movie...
(For now)

can i ask something?
Who help kyon after the attack of Ryoko Asakura?
I it's Kyon but i don't know what the exact detail how kyon get there?

I litter confuse about the part..

please help me clear my mind :D

Jun 5, 2011 3:30 PM

I hope there's a movie sequel in relation to that PS3/PSP game. I think a movie would do better because i totally want to know why Kyon had to go back in time to save and save himself from Asakura (as well as how the little Mikuru got there.)

Jun 8, 2011 8:04 PM

This movie is so awesome that I pissed off my pants.

Jun 8, 2011 8:45 PM

I'm kind of confused -- did Nagato alter reality for herself, Kyon, or the both of them? Clearing this up will help me understand what the hell just happened way more

Jun 8, 2011 11:12 PM

jushls said:
I'm kind of confused -- did Nagato alter reality for herself, Kyon, or the both of them? Clearing this up will help me understand what the hell just happened way more

It's never explained. You get to interpret it however you want. ;D

Jun 15, 2011 5:23 PM

The movie's going to be shown twice at Anime Expo in two weeks - dubbed on July 1st and subbed on July 3rd. Anyone else planning to see one or both showings? =) (I'm planning for both).
~ Yumeka ~

Mainichi Anime Yume - my anime blog

Jun 19, 2011 7:54 PM

Wow.

That was a thoroughly enjoyable ride!

I was expecting it to take a less bumpy ride than it did, but when we saw her outside that other school gates I was jumping around like a mad bastard!

Crazy, epic, win.

Jun 22, 2011 10:36 AM

I'm not a big Haruhi fan, first season was weak, the second was shit, so I didn't expect a lot from this movie, but wow. Just wow. I enjoyed it from the beginning till the end without getting annoyed or thinking Haruhi's annoying bitch, it was that awesome. I'm immensely pleasantly surprised.

Jun 30, 2011 1:05 PM

i didn't had much hopes for harui series after watching disappointing second season and that's why it took me so long to watch this. but it was really good.

just didn't understand one part. probably someone answered it before but i can't read 35 pages...

when kyon was stabbed, why there was two asahina? he thought this is flashback. what does that mean? why there was other kyon? also wondering, after waking up he did remember everything but why he didn't ask anyone.

Jun 30, 2011 10:33 PM

Tsuki-Hime said:
i didn't had much hopes for harui series after watching disappointing second season and that's why it took me so long to watch this. but it was really good.

just didn't understand one part. probably someone answered it before but i can't read 35 pages...

when kyon was stabbed, why there was two asahina? he thought this is flashback. what does that mean? why there was other kyon? also wondering, after waking up he did remember everything but why he didn't ask anyone.

The other Mikuru and Kyon were from the future. They went back to to save Kyon so that he could go back to save himself as well.

Jul 1, 2011 9:00 AM

Vinter said:
The other Mikuru and Kyon were from the future. They went back to to save Kyon so that he could go back to save himself as well.

- The other you mean the one got stabbed was from the future. right? also mikuru older version. i understand that point.

- So the one who was sleeping on december 18 came to save the one who got stabbed (future kyon)? how present kyon get their to save his future version?

- same goes for mikuru? wasn't it prohibited to face each other. (younger mikuru and older mikuru)

if they were present versions (kyon and mikuru) then i have questions like who explained him situation, younger mikuru? then who explained situation to younger mikuru, so she can tell kyon? if she already knew (after all she came from the future) then why this situation happened in the first place and wasn't they got there after everything changed, so why changing didn't affect younger mikuru? ( i thought it supposed to didn't affect kyon only) was it alright to come 2 kyons on the same place. won't that change timeline or something. future kyon was stabbed, present kyon was alright. future kyon need to go back to time (3 years) but he was sleeping there for 3 days (dec 18 to dec 21).. in that time where was the present kyon? (who saved the day) did he got back in time with older mikuru on his place?

well, these time travels and parallel timeline settings are so annoying. just don't think much then everything alright i guess.

Jul 1, 2011 10:58 AM

Tsuki-Hime said:
questions

The Kyon we follow throughout the course of the movie is the one who gets stabbed.
Then he gets saved and in the end you see him walking up the stairs towards the clubroom.

The Kyon that is walking up the stairs is the one that goes back to save himself. Since he got stabbed, he knows it's going to happen, and can just tell Mikuru whenever he wants.
Mikuru that is with the stabbed Kyon is adult Mikuru, the Mikuru that comes back to save him is young Mikuru who went back with Kyon after recovered from being stabbed.
About them not being allowed to see eachother, neither of them was really in control, Kyon was the one who arranged that. It was an extraordinary circumstance, and it's likely that Mikuru didn't even realize that Adult Mikuru was herself, what with the shock and all of Kyon dying.

They only actually time travel once in the movie, forward from Yuki's apartment on tanabata 3 years before The Melancholy, to when Kyon gets stabbed on the 18th of December, a few days after the movie starts.

Going from reality to reality via the escape program was not time travel.

Jul 6, 2011 1:46 AM

This was just amazing. Long but amazing.

- Moe Yuki. <3
- Asakura stabbing Kyon shocked me.
- Haruhi in the sleeping bag was cute. And for some reason, she didn't bug me in this movie.
- The acapella song through the credits was nice.
- I didn't really understand the scene after the credits though.

This made me want to go and rewatch the series.

Pages (19) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »