Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 23, 2016 9:42 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thought this episode was pretty entertaining. Competition continues with the other countries competing including Korea.

Character chemistry between Victor and Yuri is still memorable this episode. Yuri's latest performance was pretty fun to watch imo. I think at this point, Yurio easily recognizes that he's improved. His reunion with Yuro was priceless lol

Yurio's own performance was very impressive imo. One of the best so far in this competition. Nice cat ears
Nov 23, 2016 9:56 AM
Apr 2010
Though I had wanted more of russian-themed jokes, it's nice episode. Hope we'll see more of Yurio tn the next one.
Nov 23, 2016 12:04 PM

Sep 2010
Ah, it was nice to see Yurio again~ I'm glad to see a formal introduction of Lee Seung-gil too.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Nov 23, 2016 12:10 PM

Jan 2010
Definitely enjoyed Yuri and Victor's reaction when Yurio arrived in his agape costume.
They're basically a married couple at this point.
So supportive! I'd like to see more of JJ. He seems to be a real tough competitor for Yuri, even moreso than Chris.
That man is a god and Miyano Mamoru is perfect for him.

Also, Sala is really beautiful. She and Mila are just (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

I'm hoping Maccachin will be okay!
I wonder how Yuri is going to pull himself together without Victor...

Regardless, best of luck to our beautiful smol katsudon
as well as Macca x Victor ♥
cottonpieNov 23, 2016 9:05 PM
Nov 23, 2016 12:14 PM

May 2007
Aaah, still haven't watched xd
But so far I see that there weren't enuf fangirl thingys.
Nov 23, 2016 12:32 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
JJ stole the show so hard, i already love this guy. Mamoru Miyano FTW!
Nov 23, 2016 12:32 PM

Feb 2009
Seems like the animation was a bit better this episode, I really quite liked JJ's song.

But that ending! Not the puppy!
Nov 23, 2016 12:37 PM

Nov 2012
IT'S JJ STYLE! loved JJ, miyano's voice certainly helped too. :>

and i'm glad there was finally more yurio again <3
Nov 23, 2016 12:39 PM

Sep 2010
That episode felt so short! I rewatched the whole series so far prior to this episode and I'm so in two minds now about what I think the relationship between Victor and Yuri is and Victor's motivations for becoming Yuri's coach. Really interesting that Victor did a bit of a smirk then got to dodge the question about wanting to go up against Yuri.

I really hope Maccachin pulls through!
Nov 23, 2016 12:40 PM

Feb 2015
Loved Yurio's Agape even more than Yuri's Eros. Hope he kept the cat ears.

The siscon finally showed up. #LannistersApprove
SchwingBonerNov 23, 2016 1:05 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2016 12:41 PM
Jun 2009
I knew that Mamoru was going to be voicing a character in this series and I was trying to ignore it and not be biased when picking favorites...but then JJ appeared and I realized how futile it was to resist him.

I really loved how supportive Viktor and Yuuri were of their son Yurio even though he totally wasn't having it. I typically can't stand characters like him but their encouragement made it easier for me to cheer him on.
Nov 23, 2016 12:49 PM

Jun 2008
More Yurio please D:

Also Miyano Mamoru is perfect for the role as JJ XD
Hope the dog will be ok D:
Nov 23, 2016 12:50 PM

Dec 2014
Excellent episode.

Performances were great as usual and like everyone above said, JJ stole the show. Mamoru Miyano OP. XD
JJ laughs and sort of narcisstic attitude during the performance reminded me way too much of Okabe. xD

Interesting to note that just like Yuri, Yurio also faces confidence issues of his own. Unlike Yuri however his confidence problems only surface when he witnesses amazing performances.

Not really sure what to think of the whole Yuri's pet dog choking on some buns, Seems like a rather cheap event to have Yuri perform without Victor, I felt they could have done better if that's what they were trying to go for. Nevertheless, should be very interesting to see how Yuri skates with Yakov as a one day coach. :)
Nov 23, 2016 12:50 PM

Aug 2016
Praying that Maccachin will still be alright, you can see that Yuri doesn't want him to go through the same thing he did but even then, Yuri was practically by himself last time when he was at the competition when his puppy died but now Victor has someone close to help him. It was foreshadowed earlier in the episode.

Also, this episode went too quickly haha. Animation seemed a bit better and I loved Yurio's dance, really refreshing. Interesting character JJ has, I kind of dislike him but at the same time I enjoyed his routine and story behind it. Not as good as last episode but yet again, I think it was like the 'before the storm comes' kind of episode which means next episode will be a lot more better I'm hoping.
Ghost-TownNov 23, 2016 12:54 PM
Nov 23, 2016 12:51 PM

Nov 2016
This episode felt a bit weaker than the previous one, but I enjoyed it a lot. And it's pretty hard to up episode 7 for obvious reasons. The dynamic between Yuuri and Victor is great as usual.

Loved seeing Yurio again! Hope his grandpa comes to the free program. Poor Yurio.
"In this world, evil can arise from the best of intentions. And there is good which can come from evil intentions"
Nov 23, 2016 12:53 PM

Jan 2015
Yurio's grandfather's car is rickety, old, nostalgic, and hand-drawn, while all the cars around it are new, shiny, and cgi. That's a nice touch.

Korean guy calculates his score while skating... that's hilarious.

I really loved how Sala knows that her brother needs to stop depending on her, or else he'll get weak. Very good lines.

Yuuri's monologue was getting a bit stale, and Yurio's didn't impact me as much as it did in the third episode.

Again with the reaction shots? Two of them were the same with the signs changed. Plus, in that one, everybody had blond hair, and then when it cut to a wider shot everybody had black hair. alright

Changing things up next episode! Cool.
Nov 23, 2016 12:54 PM

Sep 2010
hoped that they'd get back at the debated kiss from last episode…kinda missed the amount of victorxyuri stuff we got last time

that JJ guy is kinda annoying (even though I usually just LOVE all the mamoru miyano characters)

poor Macachin
Nov 23, 2016 12:55 PM

May 2007
When Yuri screamed:
"YURIO DAVAAAAAI" I spilled my tea xDDd
Oh god that was so funny :D
Nov 23, 2016 12:58 PM

Aug 2013
Yurio is love, Yurio is life~
aww I got to see Yurio wears Nekomimi x3
and JJ Style was so funny, felt like I'm watching Tsukiyama skating lol

Nov 23, 2016 12:59 PM

Jun 2016
Was I the only one that thinks JJ character was a bit annoying? also Yuri's japan family quite negligent with dogs :(
Quién dijo que todo está perdido, yo vengo a ofrecer mi corazón...
Nov 23, 2016 1:05 PM

May 2007
JJ is very annoying.
And poor Makkachin :_: Hope he survives ;_;
Nov 23, 2016 1:06 PM

Jun 2015
I knew it ! The moment I saw that Mamoru Miyano was going to voice this character, I knew he would be epic ! MAAAAN that was awesome

Michele is also so funny, that sister complex is real >< (funny he is voiced by Maeno who also voice the creepy incestuous brother in Saiki haha)

So glad we had more of Yurio, I love him so much (and wearing nekomimi omg I died), it's so interesting to see his lack of confidence but also how the support of people is important, something he also doesn't really have : His grand father who he really loves doesn't come to his competitions and Victor basically abandoned him and broke his promise to train Yuri...I'm feeling so bad for him :/
Nov 23, 2016 1:06 PM

Sep 2010
paula_cifu said:
Was I the only one that thinks JJ character was a bit annoying?

Nope, there are at least two of us ;)
Nov 23, 2016 1:10 PM

Sep 2016
yeah pretty sure this anime will end like shigatsu
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 23, 2016 1:13 PM

Nov 2016
KuroYume-96 said:
paula_cifu said:

Three ^^. Don't really like his Ore-sama vibes.
"In this world, evil can arise from the best of intentions. And there is good which can come from evil intentions"
Nov 23, 2016 1:14 PM

Dec 2014
KuroYume-96 said:
paula_cifu said:

Make that three (edit: actually four now) :-P

Was a nice episode but I feel like last week was a bit more entertaining. Yuri and Victor are so troll to Yurio xD
So no Victor next week? Seriously, Yakov as Yuri's coach? There are gonna be some funny scenes with Yurio, I guarantee it!
Nov 23, 2016 1:15 PM
Jan 2011
I'm upset they keep using the pets as scapegoats to set up a fall for the skaters. Pretty unrealistic that the dog just happens to go into danger the night before a important day. This is one of my least favorite episodes of Yuri on Ice so far because of this terrible plot device.
Nov 23, 2016 1:16 PM

Sep 2010
Cyandris said:
KuroYume-96 said:

Make that three (edit: actually four now) :-P

Was a nice episode but I feel like last week was a bit more entertaining. Yuri and Victor are so troll to Yurio xD
So no Victor next week? Seriously, Yakov as Yuri's coach? There are gonna be some funny scenes with Yurio, I guarantee it!

yup…maybe next week's episode will blow some life into YurixYurio XD - who knows???
Gonna miss my Vii - chan
Nov 23, 2016 1:20 PM

Dec 2011
This episode was quite fast pace i think but still a good episode.King JJ was annoying and overconfident but he did a really god performance..
Sala is pretty and his brother is a sis-con for sure.
The ending was unexpected and would be funny if Yakov coach Yuri! for the free skate.
Nov 23, 2016 1:21 PM

Nov 2016
Aren't the triplets too young to understand what sex appeal is? xD

Lol at Emil desperately trying to befriend Mickey xD

JJ's performance was impressive (he is annoying though), but I still like Yuri's On Love: Eros the most. That tune always sends chills down my spine.

Victor is so spontaneous and natural, lol.
Nov 23, 2016 1:21 PM

Nov 2008
I'm ambivalent towards JJ's character, but he has a great ass.
Nov 23, 2016 1:30 PM

Sep 2016
why yuri always perform same song? this is so boring smh
JJ = Atobe
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 23, 2016 1:31 PM
Nov 2016
I found this weeks episode rather weak. Especially the end. The dog choking on buns...I don't know, but it feels rather cheap. Flying to Japan won't help the dog, considering it will take like 10hrs at least plus booking time, getting to the airport and later on getting to Kyushu. Normally the dog would be either perfectly fine or dead.
Also Viktors reaction seemed to be...more annoyed than worried.
Asking Yakov to be his stand in...sorry, but that is really unnecessary.

JJ was even more annoying than Chris and the Korean guy is like the unfriendliest parrot I've ever seen.

I fear for the next episode.
Nov 23, 2016 1:34 PM

May 2016
To be honest i wish we got more on the other's performances.

Nov 23, 2016 1:34 PM
Jun 2009
I'm not surprised about how many people think JJ's annoying, I guess me being familiar with the voice actor (who voices two favorite characters of mine, Tokiya and Tsukiyama) makes me less inclined to dislike JJ (and that body though, I can't deny that either). Mamoru is known for voicing obnoxious, over-the-top characters so this came as no surprise to me. I totally understand people who aren't used to that.

On the flipside, I don't understand how people can be a fan of Yurio, because I find angsty characters to be annoying AF (that includes Rin from Free! who happened to be voiced by Mamoru lol). So, to each their own, we like who we like and we hate who we hate. I really hope this doesn't become the "I hate JJ" thread and that people can talk about other things in the episode, such as Michele's outfit that made him look like an RPG character.

I did feel like this episode was EXTREMELY lackluster, not related to fanservice or anything, it just seemed off after last week.
Nov 23, 2016 1:37 PM
Oct 2015
I mean, it's beautiful as always. Glad to see more of Yurio.

The part where JJ was like, "Ladies first," got me good.

Secretly hoped that JJ would fall tho tbh.
RomanceZeroNov 23, 2016 1:43 PM
Nov 23, 2016 1:39 PM

Mar 2015
GangsterCat said:
JJ = Atobe

Maybe because it's Ice Skating?, like gymnastics and those type of sports there is no sense in changing music/choreography when you are performing it for only a few months.
Nov 23, 2016 1:43 PM

Sep 2016
lezerman said:
GangsterCat said:
JJ = Atobe

Maybe because it's Ice Skating?, like gymnastics and those type of sports there is no sense in changing music/choreography when you are performing it for only a few months.
so, yuri will play eros and yuri on ice for the rest of the series? that's sooooooo boring. more variation pls.
CrossAnge

Nov 23, 2016 1:48 PM

Mar 2016
I'm glad we get to see Yurio again!! I was starting to miss him in the show. The ice skating scenes in this episodes were so beautiful my jaw drops every episode at the ice skating! I'm so excited to see what else Yuri on Ice has in store for us!!
!! 𝙒𝘼𝙍𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙂 !! vampires bite beautiful people
Nov 23, 2016 1:48 PM
Oct 2016
This episode was weaker than normal. As of last week, I realised that we know pretty much nothing about Viktor's background outside of ice skating and I was like, the next episode would be a good opportunity to go tell us more about his past and also go into his relationship with Yuuri. Because seriously, don't try and tell me that they didn't even talk about the kiss at all. Sure I got some nice skating routines today, but I didn't get what I wanted and the plot needs. I really hope next week is better.
Nov 23, 2016 1:49 PM

Jul 2009
JJ IS BEST! MA CANADIAN BOOOOOOY!

Sala looks hot. I wanna see her skate too.

Damnit can bad things stop happening to the doggies!
Nov 23, 2016 1:52 PM
May 2015
Imma be honest. this ep felt lackluster in comparison to it's prir eps.

I loved the reactions on Yuuri and Victor at Yurio's look. Their son is beautiful

Yuuri transforming the grin to a lick and now a kiss made me squeal.

Why didn't Yurio's grandpa show up? Please don’t tell me the old age is doing what it does best.
I felt bad for him....Poor son

J.J. nailed the Quadruple Lutz which Victor and Yuuri haven't which such ease. The crowd cheering and singing along with him was nice. That scene where he kissed the ice was quite something too.

O f*ck me. I called it Makkachin please don't die >_>

Some people will think it's reckless for Victor to throw away everything to see a "dog" but for many people a pet isn't just a pet. it's family. I know how many years it took me to come to terms with the death of my pets.

I’m not gonna jinx Yurio’s Grandpa either. NOPE. He was caught in traffic. Everything will be daijoubu
ShanaStraussNov 23, 2016 1:58 PM
Nov 23, 2016 1:56 PM

Aug 2016
This episode was really nice, it was good to see other skaters and see their performances even though we didn't see all of them.

First of all wasn't it super cute when Yurio jumped into his grandpa's arms? Yeah poor old man he probably broke a bone but Yurio is always so closed with his emotions, I loved seeing that side of him on this episode.

But then again we got to see his personality again when he saw Victor and Yuuri...

Also I found pretty funny the triplets reaction to the performances, they look like me when I watch them haha
I wanted to see more of Emil's skating but unfortunately not possible... EXPLAIN ME HOW HE IS 18 AND YUURI IS 23, HOW!?

I loved how Yuuri is the now performing but everyone calls for Victor haha Poor Yuuri... BUT WHAT THE HELL IS THIS YUURI OMGOMGOMG I DIDNT EXPECT THIS?? AND DID HE SENT A KISS AT THE JUDGES? HAHAHA

But what is up with people throwing sushi plushies to him? haha
Poor Yurio, I couldn't imagine him being this nervous.. I never imagine he would fall in a performance actually but it was very realistic in a way that everyone makes mistakes especially if you're not on your best days. But he is very talented for a 15 year old. THE CAT EARS ITEHGREOIGBVRNFP

JJ please, leave :) Even though his personality is a bit [strike]a lot[/strike] annoying he is a very good skater. I felt like they were in a concert rather than an ice skating competition though.

CAN YUURI DO A QUADRUPLE LUTZ AND NAIL IT ON THE NEXT EPISODE PLEASE?!

Okay but Maccachin please........ :(

my only question now is how can I wait a week for a new episode?
Nov 23, 2016 2:00 PM

Sep 2016
I really hope they don't kill off the dog, anything but the dog lol

I'm not sure I really like JJ.
Nov 23, 2016 2:06 PM

Jul 2007
I probably would dislike JJ, but Mamo-tan sold him to me well. Dog issues seems a bit forced and I worry Yakov will try to break Yuri if he actually agrees. In any case, I wonder if something happened to Yurio's grandpa? Maybe both Yuri and Yurio will have someone dying for the next ep...

GangsterCat said:
lezerman said:

so, yuri will play eros and yuri on ice for the rest of the series? that's sooooooo boring. more variation pls.

Uhm, that's just how figure skating works. They are actually being pretty true to the format, including the grand prix details. Wouldn't make sense to change this. Basically the skaters practice and stick to one program for the whole figure skating season perfecting it more and more to peak at the important events (like in this case the Grand Prix Final). Changing the song/program would just fuck them up. In any case, I do hope they add some gala exhibition program for some variety though... And I want to see Sala skate.
Need to make new sig. Soon. Maybe.
Nov 23, 2016 2:09 PM

May 2007
LOL, I've always adored the dog. :( Hope he survives. And lives up to his name.
Because "Makka" means "Big" in slang.
And "Chin" means ... in Japanese. Lol, google it.
THE PUPPY GOT THIS GUYS.
Nov 23, 2016 2:15 PM

Sep 2011
GangsterCat said:
lezerman said:

have you ever seen a real ice skating competition? It's already damn hard having two different programs (the short and the free one), practice both and get them perfect, and you want them to change every single time (even for a genious, that's impossible.) ??? I know this is anime, but that's unrealistic.

if you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences
for what they did to your heart, then you’re allowing them
to hurt you a second time in your mind.

- Shannon L. Alder

Nov 23, 2016 2:18 PM

Jul 2015
Miyano did a fantastic job with JJ!

the scene where victor + yuri were cheering for yurio was also super cute :> plus, i think the siblings + emil make a pretty cute trio

Nov 23, 2016 2:18 PM

Mar 2015
What? Almost no fanservice this week(except for King JJ's butt)?

Am I still watching Yuri on Ice?
Nov 23, 2016 2:21 PM

Jul 2011
Did Yuuri and Viktor use each other's languages to bid Yurio good luck??? Although that kissing off his skates... Viktor is seriously a showoff ^^'

Seung Gil skating to such an expressive piece (a mambo no less)... while calculating his score in his head??? In fact, there are a lot more weirder characters in this cup. That said, it might just be because I've gotten used to Georgi and Christophe.

Watching JJ skate with his song and his inner monologue, I thought: "Man... this reminds me of Okabe's alter ego Hououin Kyouma." Umm... damn, it's the same voice actor xD Did anyone notice how the cheers always pan to his stand and it's always full of girls ^^'

Maccachin, y u so silly? :(
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Movie got cancelled

Jackson_rajkumar - Yesterday

24 by Ashhh__ »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

205 by ZolaZodiac »»
Mar 20, 5:57 PM

Poll: » Do you prefer Eros or Agape?

painiwakura - Feb 24

3 by ShinyChu »»
Mar 16, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

473 by Musical_grl »»
Mar 9, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2016

559 by Ilookgood »»
Mar 3, 8:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.