Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 29, 2016 2:34 AM

Jan 2014
Lol. The ending made the story of whole arc useless. The future world is destroyed, there are soo complicated no. of worlds created. What was the writer even thinking while writing the storyline of these episodes?! I just can't stop laughing on the stupidity of the characters and story!
This was my first time watching Dragon Ball subbed and damn goku's voice ruined it even more!
Nov 29, 2016 11:25 AM

Apr 2014
Ashna said:
Lol. The ending made the story of whole arc useless. The future world is destroyed, there are soo complicated no. of worlds created. What was the writer even thinking while writing the storyline of these episodes?! I just can't stop laughing on the stupidity of the characters and story!
This was my first time watching Dragon Ball subbed and damn goku's voice ruined it even more!

It really didn't.

Zamasu was stopped, and the rest of time/the other universes are safe, even if it cost Trunks his timeline.

Nice bait, though.
fluffybunnyboy said:
I didn't mind the Spirit Bomb sword whatever so much, I mean it was stupid, but at least it had some feeling of emotion behind it so I guess I could have found it a somewhat acceptable ending even if it wasn't the one I wanted.

But this episode basically rendered the entire arc pointless, lol. So, so very awful.

Please read my above point.

Minus the trolling bit.

Nov 29, 2016 11:27 AM

Apr 2014
SSJ4Life said:
mangalicker94 said:
It would have been 1000 times better if Trunks had made the finish blow and we could avoid seeing wallpaper Zamasu taking over the world.

It would've been a stupid ending as well.

• It would've made an asspull the end of Zamasu

• It would made the "half-immortal" thing reached it's peak in moronic levels

Zamasu is immortal, he's not supposed to lose his immortality due to a fusion with a "mortal" being.

That's something I was scared of when Gowasu's talked about it, it made no sense, until this episode let it clear.

Trunks still killed Goku Black's body, his only achievement in this arc, and was due to a ridiculous asspull.

Too bad he then went on to fail (Future) Gohan, (Future) Bulma, (Future) Jajirobe, Haru, Maki, Mai, her resistance, and the whole (future) humankind.

Thanks, DBS.

Says who?

Show me where it was stated that half immortality is a think that cannot happen in the world of Dragon Ball.

Nov 29, 2016 12:30 PM
Sep 2014
The way I see it Merged Zamasu was still immortal, his body was just vulnerable because of the Fusion, let's not forget that Black couldn't even be bothered to power down back to base form before the Fusion so that was just asking for trouble.

Also imo Trunks didn't kill Black's body, in fact Black's body pretty much stopped existing altogether the moment he fused with Future Zamasu. The Potara Fusion merges body and spirit into a new being it doesn't just make the fusion's spirit and body literally half and half of the components', Trunks may have indirectly destroyed Black's body when he destroyed Merged Zamasu's physical form but he didn't kill anything.
Nov 29, 2016 7:37 PM

Aug 2009
Frankly I would have been more satisfied if Future Trunks refused to abandon his universe one more time and both him and Mai stayed until the bitter end. Exactly the same outcome but with a permanent sense closure; that future dies with its last hope. Instead of the asspull of just going to another universe and live somewhat happily there with an extra copy of yourself. He may as well have stayed on Goku's timeline if they wanted him to be in a convenient location to bring back as the arcs necessitated. I don't even care about the rest of the plotholes (how did Goku Black, apparently from the world before Whis prevented Gowasu's death, know how to travel to this specific Future Trunk's timeline when it was a very specific sequence of events that led to his world's creation?), this last bit is just too dissonant.

can't wait for black rose merchandise though
Dec 2, 2016 7:23 AM

Jun 2016
Gohan in the end, looks like he is training.
Dec 3, 2016 11:10 AM
Dec 2013
So after 21 episodes, this arc comes to an end? Was hoping for it to be at least 30 episodes long, but it was still an enjoyable arc nontheless. Can't wait for the next arc.
Dec 7, 2016 6:43 AM

Dec 2015
So, everything is just like that, and no one wonders about nothing...

It was maybe purely accidental but the old alternate timelines system used in Dragon Ball made a lot more sense than the strange mix Super has used to excuse this entire story. The more they put on the top, the weirder it seemed.

3/5 The Gohan/Trunks scene was good.

SSJ4Life said:

Angelquasilike said:
I laughed at people getting butthurt at the inconsistencies. Worth it

Of course some of us get annoyed at the great inconsistencies in this series, not doing so means not caring about quality.

Maybe he simply means people are getting worked up about inconsistencies in Dragon Ball like it was new. Despite things were coming out of nowhere under Toriyama's pen in the past.

@SSJ4Life Of course, but it is written by different creatives, that's why the fgap is larger. And even if it was written by the Toriyama of today, it would reach this level of incoherency.
At the end, Dragon Ball Super is nothing more than Dragon Ball Bonus. We have alreadybeen "graced" by a concluded and veeery long manga who gave more than 400 episodes of animation (DB,DBZ,DBKai). Either watch it as the dispensable bonus it is (like GT, hell like a good chunk of the manga itself) or ignore it.

Super's job is to go too far, based on its title and how far Dragon Ball already went toward its last segments.
Rei_IIIDec 8, 2016 12:42 AM
Dec 7, 2016 4:11 PM
Oct 2016
Rei366 said:

Maybe he simply means people are getting worked up about inconsistencies in Dragon Ball like it was new. Despite things were coming out of nowhere under Toriyama's pen in the past.

Well, it was never on this level, Super went too far.
Dec 12, 2016 11:45 AM

Nov 2009
Guess a couple of filler episodes next before they move onto something serious again which I don't mind since that arc was really intense and even in the end its sort of a dark ending where Trunks still failed to protect the future.
Dec 13, 2016 5:50 PM

Mar 2010
Wtf a future with two trunks and two mai's.. thats fucked up. It wouldn't be the same.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 28, 2016 8:06 AM
May 2016
Good Luck Trunks!
Apr 18, 2017 5:28 AM

Jan 2014
thats so stupid... Goku should at the beginning summon god....... Everything is so pointless.

1/5

god awful ending
Sep 5, 2017 3:37 AM
Dec 2007
I know I am really late but I binge watched Super over the Labour day weekend (up to the end of the Furure Trunks arc) and I just want to share my thoughts.

First of all unlike a lot of fans overall I have been really enjoying Super. For me it is fill of great character moments. It reminds why I loved these characters and that for me makes it ultimately better than GT. But that's just my personal preference.

The Trunks arc also had a lot of fantastic scenes and moments so as a fan I can't say it was a complete failure. Just seeing Vegeta interact with future Trunks again in a much more positive way then he ever did in the Cell arc was really lovely. And that for me did make future Trunks coming back worth it.

But the plot of this arc was an absolute mess. I am
not even just talking about the time lines which I don't even think I fully understand. If I was to describe this arc it would be our heroes do a lot of cool things that amount to absolutely nothing in the end. I guess it's nice to show that the heroes can't always save the day and that they need a literal God to fix things but it also made everything they worked for feel pointless. And the fact that Trunks and Mai can just go back to another timeline with another Trunks and Mai also makes the entire arc feel pointless. I didn't even understand why they were all smiles in the end. Sure they survived (which I guess is sort of an accomplishment in itself considering what they were up against) but the remaining humans were all killed. Even if the same characters exist in the alt timeline the ones that were killed are still killed. I didn't really see anything to be happy about. They literally failed. Ok Zamasu didn't get what he wanted either (he wanted a world without mortals not to be destroyed too) but it feels like a very hollow victory to me.

I guess the only thing this arc did was create another Zeno for the Zeno in the normal timeline to play with. That was the whole point. LOL
Sep 6, 2017 11:25 AM
Sep 2017
If future zeno erased the future timeline during the Black arc, then there is nothing, yet Goku and Vegeta and them still went back to the future to get future zeno. Also if the future doesnt exist when zeno erased it, then how could Whis turn back to a time where nothing existed and send trunks back? This could mean that future refferences to the dbs super dragon balls have a power to bring back the universes that dont exist when they are erased in the tournament of power. It would also mean Angels then have a power that even defies Zeno's erase ability. Its a sequence of pre existing to post existing. Does that make sense?
Jan 25, 2018 7:00 PM
Aug 2016
Dragonage2ftw said:

Show me where it was stated that half immortality is a think that cannot happen in the world of Dragon Ball.

Anything can happen in the DB world, that doesn't make it any less stupid.

Fortunately, it didn't happened that way, but thanks for letting me know you would accept any sh*t they threw at you.
Jan 29, 2018 11:49 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
With this episode ended this arc, with a funny final, when appeared the GOD AL ALL to resolve this strange development!!! kekeke
Feb 23, 2018 11:34 AM

Apr 2014
SSBIsLame said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

Anything can happen in the DB world, that doesn't make it any less stupid.

Fortunately, it didn't happened that way, but thanks for letting me know you would accept any sh*t they threw at you.
It did happen, though.

I have no clue what you're on about now.

Sep 25, 2018 11:25 AM

Sep 2009
Okay so in the end they could only protect two people: Mirai!Trunks and Mirai!Mai but ultimately they did fail, huh.
Kinda weird conclusion if you ask me but it's fun to see that the villain technically won this time around.
I mean all the fighting and all that drama led to nowhere in the end as the entire Mirai!Trunks timeline is gone and only he and Mai survived and don't even have a real place to go home to and instead have to go to a future where they already exist and have to live on as copies of the original which is really fucked up.

Aug 11, 2019 3:49 AM

Dec 2012
Zamasu is dead.
What is that?
Zamasu is back!
They cant go SSGSS.
The cosmos?
They all dead.
Zamasu has appeared in the current time period.
Hey Mai. Dont provoke him.
Zen-chan's button.
Zen-chan appeared.
Zen-chan doesnt know Goku.
They all dipped.
Zamasu is defeated by Zen-chan.
Goku brought Zen-chan back.
Mai sees Mai.
Trunks sees Future Mai.
Two Zen-chan's. Spiderman meme.
Zen-chan is Zen-chan's friend.
Otou-sama?
Two of Trunks and Mai. They agree to it.
Trunks meets Goten.
Piccolo and Gohan.
Trunks cries.
Dat ending.

Vegeta told Trunks to never come back to the past and Trunks agreed to it... now Trunks is saying he'll see them again. This guy doesn't learn.

Well, this was an interesting arc. I knew this would end with Goku calling Zen-chan to beat Zamasu. lol
RobAug 11, 2019 8:50 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 21, 2020 10:17 PM

Aug 2012
Man, the *one* time I want to see Pilaf and Shu was to see how Future Mai reacts to them and they couldn't even get me that.

Anyway, this arc was alright. Certainly has it's problems, I don't entirely mind how weird and dark the ending of the arc got, it was a pretty surreal experience seeing them deal with an ethereal threat that they were out-right screwed against and needing Zenny to destroy the multi-verse, though I'm not sure if that was Goku's intention when he called him. For me the biggest problem with the arc stems from it's repetitive nature, so much going back and forth between the future and the present, fighting, retreating, then fighting, it got old. And as cool as Vegeito is and as happy I am that Trunks technically got the final blow, I was kinda down with the Zamasu/Goku Black fight at this point.

The fights definitely had there strong points though, this sequence from Naotoshi Shida was incredible, and I remember being wowed watching this, I couldn't believe Dragon Ball Super was providing animation of this caliber, Naotoshi Shida is incredible. And also, not really part of the fight, but I loved the moment where Bulma tried to like, seduce Zamasu. I don't think that's every worked for her, I remember how poorly it fared against General Blue.

Still, this arc had actual dramatic tension, I really liked the building mystery behind Zamasu and Goku Black's origin, I really liked Beerus' role in this arc as well. Hakai is one of the most bad-ass moments in the franchise, and the softer side like him wishing Trunks to have a good life, I love that cat mate. Zamasu himself also ranks as one of my favourite villains in Dragon Ball, because we actually get to see his mental progression and development in a way that we don't for pretty much any other villain. And the fact that he's essentially victorious at the end, that leaves a stark impression. The Trunks/Vegeta relationship was sweet, as was the little stuff we got with Trunks and Gohan. I would say this is probably my favourite saga of Super so far.
Jan 31, 2021 6:54 AM

Jun 2019
A great end to a great arc. Loved every second of it. Gonna miss future Mei and Trunks.
Also, Loved that ending with Gohan tho. Gotta say future Gohan would've been really proud of Trunks right now. :(
Apr 18, 2021 10:37 AM

Jan 2013
So Whis can just go back to Future Trunks' timeline (albeit a new one) and make "corrections" but they'd have to live with their doppelgangers.
Why didn't he do that in the first place, I know that creates a different timeline but that seems a lot easier than almost dying to Zamasu over and over.
I know they tried to save that timeline but what's the point if literally almost everyone is dead and being able to live in a different timeline is that easy?
Just let Zamasu have his "utopia" in that specific timeline.

I also wonder if there only was a single timeline where Zamasu succeeded in being immortal and creating Goku Black, surely there's been a few other timelines that are similar but alternate ones either way.
(Not that it matters since we're supposed to only experience the timelines we see in Super, even if Zamasu succeeded elsewhere it wouldn't matter just as long as the new timeline Whis is sending Mai and Future Trunks to will never have to experience Goku Black)

Zeno going from 1 timeline to another seems to work just fine too, surprised there's no repercussions for that.
Especially considering they noted that time travel was such a big taboo.

That said, really enjoyed the arc, I think Goku Black and Zamasu were great villains, just wish it didn't feel like almost nothing was achieved. (which again is a common issue with time-travel)
PrOxAntoApr 18, 2021 11:40 AM
May 9, 2021 4:23 PM

Jan 2010
First of all, that was a literal deus ex machina, with the literal god of the multiverse coming down to fix everything.

Second, Vegeta and Goku could just grab onto the time machine's leg and ride along during the time warp? Were there no issues with being physically exposed to the effects of space and time getting warped?

Third, are there...no repercussions to having two multiverse-manipulating child-like rulers existing in the same dimension?

Fourth, this is a whooolllleeee lot of time manipulation going on. Dragon Ball really needs to lay off screwing with time any more than it already has.

I liked parts of the Goku Black arc, specifically for how it's the first Super villain I've felt was an actual threat, but holy crap this was a lot of digest.
Jun 5, 2021 9:24 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
A lot of vocal dislike for this episode, huh?

Hm... It was a swell saga. Although, I hope they revisit the future soon, to flesh out some things. It was a decent 7/10 for me. DBS is slowly getting better and better.

I see a lot of asspull arguments. I won't disagree with that LOL, but I definitely didn't find this arc boring. I kinda disagree with the Zeno argument though, I somewhat agree with its timing but we already knew who Zeno was. He was established in the first place, prior to this arc. As far as I know, Deus ex machina would be like, a god who was never relevant to the story in the first place. And we already knew what Zeno was capable of. I'd say it's somewhat surprising, but not unlikely, especially in an existence where all of the kais were wiped out, and the destroys don't want to, nor care to intervene.
ChartTopper60Jun 5, 2021 9:32 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2022 6:44 AM

Nov 2020
The future looks safe now.
Apr 25, 2023 11:27 AM

Dec 2018
i super duper cried like it was such a beautiful end to the arc, i'd been waiting for zeno to show up but i guess i didn't expect what occured and i hate to say goodbye to future trunks, that guy is my second favorite character after piccolo. i loved how vegeta threw a punch at him, his odd way of saying i love you.
Apr 8, 6:39 PM
Sep 2023
So nice... and the two grand zeno thing... that was so awesome
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.