Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 19, 2016 1:45 PM

May 2016
I'm so fucking pissed at this anime! What the hell?! This is Rewrite! Arguably one of the best visual novels ever made! This anime adaption is fucking slap to the face not to just every VN fan, but to everyone who has followed Key over the years. You would have thought that after the poor reception that Little Busters!, Angel Beats! and, most recently(and especially!) Charlotte received, Jun Maeda would have learned their lesson and start putting more effort into his productions. But no, he hasn't! And this anime is living proof of that!

Is this what we expect from Key for now on? Nothing but anime creations that start off with great ideas and settings only to be butchered by piss poor storytelling or half-assed anime adaptions that are nothing more than cash grabs? Is that the way it's going to be Jun Maeda? This is the direction you want to go?

Sigh... unbelievable.

Key was one the most influential VN developers out there that pushed the limits of powerful and dramatic storytelling. You were intrigued by the characters, invested in the worlds they lived in, wanted to see how their stories would turn out. Now, in just two years Key has descended to... this. I... I can't even find the words to describe it.

Maybe I'm overreacting here but I just can't believe that my number one favorite VN producer has dropped to this level. I'm pretty much convinced now that Jun Maeda has let his popularity get the better of him and he doesn't care what anyone thinks just as long as he gets his money and remains popular. I'm really am concerned about the future of Key now. If Jun Maeda doesn't stop being an asshole I don't how Key is going to survive.

Sorry if this seems like a random topic but I had to let my frustration out and I can't be the only one who's as pissed off as I am about the Rewrite anime. Being the first visual novel I ever played, I wanted to a really good anime adaptation right up with Kanon and Clannad. But even then I knew that was too much to hope for.

Fuck this anime and fuck you Jun Maeda for not giving it the anime it deserved.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Nov 19, 2016 1:57 PM

Feb 2014
DirectorK said:
I'm so fucking pissed at this anime! What the hell?! This is Rewrite! Arguably one of the best visual novels ever made! This anime adaption is fucking slap to the face not to just every VN fan, but to everyone who has followed Key over the years. You would have thought that after the poor reception that Little Busters!, Angel Beats! and, most recently(and especially!) Charlotte received, Jun Maeda would have learned their lesson and start putting more effort into his productions. But no, he hasn't! And this anime is living proof of that!

Is this what we expect from Key for now on? Nothing but anime creations that start off with great ideas and settings only to be butchered by piss poor storytelling or half-assed anime adaptions that are nothing more than cash grabs? Is that the way it's going to be Jun Maeda? This is the direction you want to go?

Sigh... unbelievable.

Key was one the most influential VN developers out there that pushed the limits of powerful and dramatic storytelling. You were intrigued by the characters, invested in the worlds they lived in, wanted to see how their stories would turn out. Now, in just two years Key has descended to... this. I... I can't even find the words to describe it.

Maybe I'm overreacting here but I just can't believe that my number one favorite VN producer has dropped to this level. I'm pretty much convinced now that Jun Maeda has let his popularity get the better of him and he doesn't care what anyone thinks just as long as he gets his money and remains popular. I'm really am concerned about the future of Key now. If Jun Maeda doesn't stop being an asshole I don't how Key is going to survive.

Sorry if this seems like a random topic but I had to let my frustration out and I can't be the only one who's as pissed off as I am about the Rewrite anime. Being the first visual novel I ever played, I wanted to a really good anime adaptation right up with Kanon and Clannad. But even then I knew that was too much to hope for.

Fuck this anime and fuck you Jun Maeda for not giving it the anime it deserved.

I know how you feel, but one thing is that Maeda had almost nothing to do with the Rewrite VN and anime other than a few songs. If I recall correctly, the only thing Maeda has going on at the moment are the Angel Beats VNs, and I think he may or may not be in the hospital and or recovering from being in the hospital at the moment.

I also think another issue are the studios that have adapted it. Kanon, Air, And Clannad, considered some of the best key anime, were all adapted by KyoAni who don't seem to want to continue with Key. So it's either another studio, or no adaptation. The way some anime ended up isn't all Maeda's fault.

At most, I'd say Charlotte is a big flop for that since of everything that we've been told before it started airing raised hype, and in the end we got what Charlotte was. He had direct influence over Angel Beats and Charlotte, not so much everything else.
Nov 19, 2016 2:47 PM

Feb 2015
What? A ran just because Rewrite seems bad?

The series is not that bad dude... Shizuka is cute... Prez is cute too, her oppai is love... and the club prez is cute too, her oppai is love...

WHAT?! What's the fuss? If you didn't like the series, keep it from yourself please... Majority hates it, you don't need to say how bad it is... xD

Wait... Clannad is not that good, AF is the shit. I'd argue that LB! S1 > Clannad
Nov 19, 2016 7:08 PM

Jul 2013
Maeda didn't write Rewrite, nor produce anything in it. So it's not his fault. He only composed one track. Also, Charlotte wasn't all Maeda's fault either. The producers at Aniplex didn't give it a sufficient amount of episodes according to the story he wrote. Rewrite likely fell under this same fate (although episode count wouldn't be able to help the directing/script inconsistencies it had). But you are correct, Key hasn't had a good track record recently. Although, Little Busters sold pretty good and it was the better adaptation than the previous ones (except Kanon) believe it or not.

The real solution to regain their success in terms of anime is to find better staff and producers for their anime, and not studios. Studio's mainly determine the art/animation, not episode counts and things like that. Key needs a break from anime for a little while so that they can make some more quality visual novels (their next big title is in the works) and so that they can plan their next projects effectively. Harmonia could potentially get an anime announced in the future, but I hope that if they do they get a capable staff.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Nov 19, 2016 8:19 PM

Oct 2010
Authoaria said:
I think [Jun Maeda] may or may not be in the hospital and or recovering from being in the hospital at the moment.

Wait... really?

That's so meta that I initially thought it was some form of joke.
Nov 19, 2016 9:06 PM

Dec 2012
nDroae said:
Authoaria said:
I think [Jun Maeda] may or may not be in the hospital and or recovering from being in the hospital at the moment.

Wait... really?

That's so meta that I initially thought it was some form of joke.
Maeda has heart problem for a while now. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-07-29/clannad-charlotte-writer-jun-maeda-reveals-he-needs-heart-transplant/.104783
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Nov 20, 2016 4:16 AM

Apr 2015
_Ako_ said:

The series is not that bad dude... Shizuka is cute... Prez is cute too, her oppai is love... and the club prez is cute too, her oppai is love...

WHAT?! What's the fuss? If you didn't like the series, keep it from yourself please... Majority hates it, you don't need to say how bad it is... xD

Wait... Clannad is not that good, AF is the shit. I'd argue that LB! S1 > Clannad

..................NO!
First of all, its SHIZURU. Clearly you don't know anything about Rewrite. Also, this anime is a first class garbage, either you like it or not. Deal with it.
Nov 20, 2016 7:15 AM

Sep 2015
this is why they said "You will not always get what you want"

any kind of adaptation will never better than original
Into the Internet!
Nov 20, 2016 9:27 AM

Feb 2015
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
_Ako_ said:

..................NO!
First of all, its SHIZURU. Clearly you don't know anything about Rewrite. Also, this anime is a first class garbage, either you like it or not. Deal with it.

Lol... I don't know Rewrite? What, just because I don't know their names? xD

What?! Do you think I care about you not liking Rewrite... I don't care what you think about the series to be honest, in my eyes it is great. The heroines are great...

Kagari-chan is kawaii... Do I need more reason to like it?
Nov 20, 2016 9:47 AM

Apr 2015
_Ako_ said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

..................NO!

What?! Do you think I care about you not liking Rewrite... I don't care what you think about the series to be honest, in my eyes it is great. The heroines are great...

You? Probably not. I can see your standards are pretty low. On the other hand I need something like a good story or interesting characters - you know, things that are present in the Rewrite VN. This fucking piece of dog shit has none of this. I won't even mention pacing from hell and garbage tier art, cause what for?
And FUCK Kagari-chan! She's nothing like original Kagari.
Nov 20, 2016 9:53 AM

Feb 2015
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
_Ako_ said:

You? Probably not. I can see your standards are pretty low. On the other hand I need something like a good story or interesting characters - you know, things that are present in the Rewrite VN. This fucking piece of dog shit has none of this. I won't even mention pacing from hell and garbage tier art, cause what for?
And FUCK Kagari-chan! She's nothing like original Kagari.

What?! You're blaming the anime medium now? If you have the guts to do, please be in the committee first... xD

I don't care how you think of the VN and the series... I don't read/play whatever it is, but I do enjoy what the director put into the series overall. And, I'm happy that it had received a second adaptation.

What?! Now we're talking about standards here, what the fuck is that, a food? Standards comes in what form? Does it kicks in when someone likes different thing as you? xD
Nov 20, 2016 9:48 PM
Nov 2015
key is downwards right now. IMO, harmonia is a rehash of planetarian. And I heard it's inferior to the planeXXX, which is the gem named by themselves.IMO
Nov 21, 2016 5:20 AM

Apr 2015
sat2400 said:
key is downwards right now. IMO, harmonia is a rehash of planetarian. And I heard it's inferior to the planeXXX, which is the gem named by themselves.IMO

I agree 100%. It's pretty obvious that Key is on a downward spiral.
And, yup - Harmonia IS a poor man's Planetarian.
Nov 21, 2016 5:27 PM
Nov 2015
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
sat2400 said:

but they can hire other eminent VN writer, probably Romeo if possible(or the writer of Saya's song--sorry I forgot the name) to take over Maede's position or assist Maede. Otherwise, they will bankrupt if someday Mr Maede retire or resigned for some reasons. IMO.

Btw, will Romeo be an outsource contributor for key someday in the future?
Nov 21, 2016 5:51 PM
Nov 2015
sat2400 said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

but they can hire other eminent VN writer, probably Romeo if possible(or the writer of Saya's song--sorry I forgot the name) to take over Maede's position or assist Maede. Otherwise, they will bankrupt if someday Mr Maede retire or resigned for some reasons. IMO.

Btw, will Romeo be an outsource contributor for key someday in the future?
btw, I think harmonia is still worth a try as long as it has a complete story, which includes good path of storytelling and logics. especially if someone is a key fan. Harmonia won't disappoint them at least.
Nov 21, 2016 5:56 PM
Nov 2015
cry for clannad after story, the score drops 0.02 in one year. Looks like right audience did not enjoy watching key's old series so much
Nov 25, 2016 7:18 PM
Jul 2018
A few things I want to point out:

1) Jun Maeda has no involvement with the story writing for the Rewrite VN and it's anime adaptation. If anyone needs to be blamed, it's Romeo Tanaka, who is responsible for the anime adaptation as well as the Rewrite VN.

2) You are also forgetting that planetarian also had an anime adaptation at the same season Rewrite aired, which is WAY better received than Rewrite anime.

3) They are doing the Moon and Terra route as the 2nd season, which IIRC, the anime adaptation should be more faithful to the route than the Rewrite anime where it was an "original" route that went horribly wrong.

4) You should also blame 8-bit and the retard director, Motoki Tanaka, a mediocre director responsible for the mediocre adaptation of a Key/Visual Arts VN. If it was done by a higher-tier and well-respected studio like P.A. Works or Kyoto Animation, it would have been a better adaptation.
Dec 16, 2016 5:27 PM

Jan 2014
sanata50lbsb said:
Maeda didn't write Rewrite, nor produce anything in it. So it's not his fault. He only composed one track. Also, Charlotte wasn't all Maeda's fault either. The producers at Aniplex didn't give it a sufficient amount of episodes according to the story he wrote. Rewrite likely fell under this same fate (although episode count wouldn't be able to help the directing/script inconsistencies it had). But you are correct, Key hasn't had a good track record recently. Although, Little Busters sold pretty good and it was the better adaptation than the previous ones (except Kanon) believe it or not.

The real solution to regain their success in terms of anime is to find better staff and producers for their anime, and not studios. Studio's mainly determine the art/animation, not episode counts and things like that. Key needs a break from anime for a little while so that they can make some more quality visual novels (their next big title is in the works) and so that they can plan their next projects effectively. Harmonia could potentially get an anime announced in the future, but I hope that if they do they get a capable staff.

I couldn't agree more with you. I don't know how people find that Little busters was a bad adaptation, I also think it was a very solid one, sadly it had a fairly low budget... In Charlotte you can clearly see that the director really tried his best to squeeze entire story in that little time and he made probably the best yet very risky decision to fallow the story closely at first, and to make a short ending. I respect that.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

293 by nhkam »»
Apr 6, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.