Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 18, 2016 10:38 PM
Oct 2016
Why do they feel that it's necessary to put 100+ time zones in the options? It's super annoying to try and find the places they put down for your time zone, I don't want to scroll through the giant list of places to try to find one that's in my time zone. There are 24(ish) time zones, would it not be easier to just put those in there? It. Is. Just. So. Unnecessary.
Nov 19, 2016 1:58 AM

Oct 2014
Why fix something that ain't broke? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nov 19, 2016 7:17 AM

Oct 2015
Why not ?
I mean it would be a change from not fixing but fucking up things that are or are not broken. (forum search, user profile pages with the "more" arrow)

But this should be in suggestions, not support.
*darn, using my right hand is off-limits for a while. Typing with my left hand only is ... eww.*
Nov 20, 2016 3:17 PM

Feb 2010
Landofsquiggles said:
There are 24(ish) time zones
No, there're not.
Nov 20, 2016 9:50 PM
Oct 2016
Well yes, there are currently 39 time zones in use.. I was generalizing because I didn't know exactly how many 30-45 minute ones there were. 24(ish) is valid enough.
Nov 21, 2016 1:42 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Landofsquiggles said:
Why do they feel that it's necessary to put 100+ time zones in the options? It's super annoying to try and find the places they put down for your time zone, I don't want to scroll through the giant list of places to try to find one that's in my time zone. There are 24(ish) time zones, would it not be easier to just put those in there? It. Is. Just. So. Unnecessary.

Many if not most people don't know what their time zone is called. They would first have to google it, then still go through a list of the time zones here to find the correct one. And I think spotting the correct time zone in the list is a bit harder than a city name.

The way it is now, the list might be longer but I think it allows users to choose their correct time zone more conveniently because it lists several major cities in each time zone and most people will find the correct one without having to do extra research.
Nov 21, 2016 8:33 AM

Dec 2011
Landofsquiggles said:
Well yes, there are currently 39 time zones in use.. I was generalizing because I didn't know exactly how many 30-45 minute ones there were. 24(ish) is valid enough.

You've also got things like daylight saving time to factor in. Different places enter or leave daylight saving time on different days, some go forwards at the same time of year as others go backwards and others still don't do it at all.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.

More topics from this board

» [Resolved] How to add gifs to profile

BigSponks - Dec 14, 2017

26 by ejleon »»
16 minutes ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3354 by Tensho »»
3 hours ago

» How to see percentage of anime you have watched

trueauracoral - Mar 30

9 by trueauracoral »»
11 hours ago

» Forum discussion notifications not popping up in the mobile app.

Sammyy143 - Apr 13

13 by GeoSigma »»
Yesterday, 1:25 PM

» Reinstall the MAL app

ilias23 - Yesterday

0 by ilias23 »»
Yesterday, 12:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.