Forum Settings
Forums

[DISCUSSION] What if Monster Girl Quest became an Anime?

New
Nov 18, 2016 2:08 AM

Nov 2016
Here's a thought, what if Monster Girl Quest became an Anime? Since Monster Musume became an Anime, I see why not although I figure that there is one problem. How would the rape scenes work? It wouldn't be Monster Girl Quest without them but Anime is not an interactive media. Probably my solution to this would be either a "what if" scenario where we see Luka fail but then we see the actual out come of the fight where Luka wins.

I imagine Monster Girl Quest would be pretty funny as an Anime, especially when Alice flips out and calls Luka an idiot. XD
MetallumOperaturJan 5, 2017 6:42 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 18, 2016 3:08 PM

Mar 2015
It would have to be toned down a lot into the ecchi area like Monmusu was, but I think it could work. Making it hentai would just degrade it's potential, in my opinion. I'd love to see my Harpy Waifu Reina in full animation...
Nov 18, 2016 3:29 PM

Nov 2013
it wouldn't work as a 'sfw' anime. it is a hentai game through and through
Nov 18, 2016 4:30 PM

Jan 2015
Weirdly enough, the most I actually sit down and think about this, the more I see it being possible. Obviously, it'd have to be toned down to a crazy degree just to bring it to an ecchi. Given how much that would change one of the game's central themes, that wouldn't sit too well with a lot of fans.

I can see a few parts working pretty well, particularly the very early stuff. I.e. the loli bandits and harpy village, much of the "fighting" would consist of Luka being embarrassed and running around in a panic to not get pinned down, which would be funny to watch for a while. Then the more serious tones would come in and make us cry.

Also, am I the only one who really wants to see Luka's later duels with Granberia animated? That would be awesome as hell.
Nov 18, 2016 5:08 PM

Nov 2013
DazzAntoni said:

Also, am I the only one who really wants to see Luka's later duels with Granberia animated? That would be awesome as hell.

no you are not

Granberia best girl
Nov 24, 2016 2:01 PM

Jan 2015
DazzAntoni said:
Now those duels would be neat, but let's face it: Alma Elma vs Granberia is the real topping on the cake

Also I'd be severely disappointed if he doesn't take the "Touch Fluffy Tail" option with Tamamo.
Dec 11, 2016 7:21 PM

Jun 2013
Don't think there's going to be rape scenes other than Alice.
Dec 12, 2016 2:20 AM

Nov 2016
Yeah, most properly that they would only show the canon rape scenes.
Dec 26, 2016 5:23 PM
Jul 2018
I'm not a fan of female-on-male rape, but I'd watch it anyway.
Jan 28, 2017 7:52 PM

Jan 2015
So. Interesting note on this.

It happened.

I found this on TouchFluffyTail, but a hentai OVA of Monster Girl Quest came out some time this month. It does cost money, works out to about $20, although chances are you can probably find it free on some site or another if you want to go that way.

I haven't watched it to say if it's good or not, but the trailer has Erubetie and Alma Elma, as well as a whole group of succubi. So there's some variety for you.
Jan 29, 2017 2:22 PM

Jul 2013
DazzAntoni said:

It happened.

Sold! :P

I've actually thought about this quite a lot. If you consider: most rape scenes only happen if you lose; that there are only 7 h-scenes that are important to the plot (3 with alice and one with each of the spirits) none of which have to be done on screen; you can replace most attacks with non-sexual one (Or at least not have them directly playing with Luka's junk.); and that most of the 'random' battles will just be skipped anyway then the only difficult place to get around is succubus village.

If you lay out MGQ's story then you see the sexual content is more gimmick than essential.

Basically, if to love-ru darness can get away with everything it did then I don't see why a monster girl quest anime can't be a thing.
I don't have to know what I'm looking for. I just have to know when I find it.
Feb 1, 2017 6:12 PM

Nov 2013
DazzAntoni said:

It happened.

it really ain't that good, bout as much quality as the run of the mil hentai. seems to use an original enemy instead as I don't recall this character...
nsfw
Feb 14, 2017 9:09 AM

Nov 2016
Oh my gosh, it's finally happened!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kimjtYFjbTE

Although the animation looks like crap...I feel disappointed now... :(
RocketeerRaccoonFeb 14, 2017 9:12 AM
Feb 14, 2017 6:16 PM

Nov 2013
RocketeerRaccoon said:

yeah that's the one i was talking about
Feb 15, 2017 3:09 AM

Nov 2016
Clarus_Nox said:
RocketeerRaccoon said:

yeah that's the one i was talking about

I just can't believe that they went for the cheap animation route, in that video alone they were just floating in mid air and then Alice's mouth turns into a cartoony heart to see desserts which might as well be pictures of desserts from the Internet. Oh come on, that is just so lazy, I was expecting it to be more action epic like Attack on Titan but also be similar to Monster Musume for some comedy but sadly it's got neither of those.

I rather watch my all time favourite Anime film, Princess Mononoke than this.
Feb 15, 2017 3:15 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Animation might not have been great but it very rarely is in H-anime so I wouldn't have expected anything else on that front. More imporantly though reverse-rape is incredibly rare to see in H-anime so it's a pretty nice addition in that sense

Overall I liked it well enough; pretty hot

A 2nd OVA is also coming at some point in the future supposedly, titled "Minagi, the great whore of Babylon" (guess that's the new villain?)
Feb 16, 2017 8:40 PM

Sep 2013
I've seen (a lot of) hentai done much better.

I think my biggest issue, honestly, was that the scene with Elvetie was cutting to x-ray scenes that were entirely flesh colored. The comments she made afterwards...ugh.

Now I get that this was all some kind of illusion or something to him and those were actually succubi, but really...it'd be like claiming to make an all monster girl anime and then only having elves, witches, and maybe a werecat--sure those could maybe be considered monster girls, but it isn't the bread and butter shit.

Reverse is pretty rare. There is some good stuff though, depending on what else you're in to.

I would just have much rather seen a better animated episode. Though to be completely honest, I probably would have overlooked even grievous errors if they'd worked in a passable Alice scene =)
Feb 18, 2017 5:40 AM

Jan 2015
The second episode's got some Alice. My only gripe was that her tongue is normal human length
Feb 20, 2017 3:36 PM

Jan 2015
I guess I should check that one out.
Aug 6, 2017 8:57 PM

May 2013
This isn't about an anime, but this seemed the most appropriate thread. It seems that the MGE has inspired a tabletop rpg:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/josephleebush/heroines-of-the-first-age
"When you have bought your own load of hooey, you know exactly what it is worth." -- Bruce Sterling
Aug 7, 2017 6:31 AM

Nov 2013
that looks interesting
Aug 9, 2017 12:06 PM

Jan 2015
Yeah indeed, looks interesting
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» [MSG] mugen's Story ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mugen91 - Aug 1, 2017

337 by YummyLunches »»
Mar 31, 2:26 PM

» [MSG] Another one by mugen

mugen91 - Jan 25, 2020

23 by YummyLunches »»
Mar 31, 1:39 PM

» [MSG] mugen's Story - Into the Dark

mugen91 - Jun 22, 2023

30 by mugen91 »»
Mar 31, 1:18 AM

» [MGS] adrift in the snow (venomwolf's story) ( 1 2 3 )

venomwolf - Nov 27, 2019

116 by venomwolf »»
Mar 30, 3:04 PM

» [MSG] MetallumOperatur's Story: A Brave New World ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

MetallumOperatur - Mar 22, 2017

214 by YummyLunches »»
Mar 30, 1:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.