Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 17, 2016 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hm so Kazuha still didn't get over being drunk before. Well, at least she has a caring mother by her side.

I think Kazuha can do some good things with her work when she feels more natural with her co-workers. So yeah, an episode focused on Kazuha..not too shabby. Plus, Chitose's reactions this episode were glorious especially that floor rolling scene LOL
Nov 17, 2016 10:39 AM

Apr 2010
Kazuha's mother coming along to the set was funny and it seem the producer almost screwed up.
Chitose will be late by the looks of things.

I wonder if she can still make it tho.
Nov 19, 2016 8:40 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Surprise, suprise....MOM!!!

Nice episode ;)
Nov 19, 2016 9:31 AM

Apr 2013
Kuzu is fucking hilarious lol.

Next episode looks like a good buildup in the relationship between Momoka and Kazuha
Nov 19, 2016 6:40 PM

Mar 2013
god these two are such shitlords

but hey that's like half of what makes this show gud
Nov 19, 2016 8:19 PM

Jan 2012
Two very different parenting styles on display here. Hands on vs off, only problem is they're being used on the wrong kids respectively. Well actually the hands on approach displayed by Kazuha's mom is probably superior regardless. Momoka definitely seems envious, and I hope Kazuha starts to realize how lucky she is to have such caring parents.
Nov 19, 2016 8:43 PM

Dec 2014
Funny thing is, the fansubs I watched were literally memesubs. "MUH DICK CAN'T TAKE NO MORE," "OY VEY," and referring to various companies as Jewish. I would assume this is an alt-right dude who subbed this, but I'm not too sure on that.

Anyways, generally just a funny episode. Chitose being Chitose, and Kazuha being embarrassed, plus Chitose being made over "hiya". And next week we're going to an onsen, I guess.
Burger-MeisterNov 19, 2016 8:47 PM
Nov 19, 2016 8:49 PM

Dec 2014
Quite a good episode.

Momoka was savage in the beginning. Poor Chitose. XD
Kazuha was really cute this episode, She should blush more. XD

Interesting how Momoka and Kazuha dislike their the parenting styles of their respective parents. Kazuha wants freedom and Momoka wants to be her mom to show her care more overtly. Personally I think I would prefer being given the freedom to choose and tackle your problems yourself. I'm pretty sure Momoka's mom does care for her just that it isn't at the level where she constantly worries like Kazuha's mom. Then again having parents that worry and check up on you is a really good thing. I guess in the end I can't really say which is the better approach, They both have their merits.

Yae's fidgeting when Momoka said they were friends was adorable.

So Momoka's gonna be tagging along to visit Kazua's dad. In fact I really like the dynamics set up between Kazuha and Momoka, so this should be interesting.
Nov 19, 2016 9:47 PM

Jun 2015
It was a pretty good episode, though not a whole lot happened this time. I guess seeing the parents was sort of interesting, though I don't think it's that important to the plot and I'd rather keep focus on the actual job and such.

In any case, the most memorable thing for me personally were the bizarre "subtitles"...

Lay off the tequila Memefield, sheesh...
Nov 19, 2016 10:39 PM

Jan 2015
Kazuha's mom visiting. The "Senior" character in front of her mother and her "junior".
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Nov 19, 2016 11:18 PM

Oct 2016
drunk shibasaki is a cute shibasaki .. eventhough she has a tough personality atleast she have a caring parents, I find it cute when her mom is watching her to work. I feel bad for momoka , I think she want a more caring parents like shibasaki and chitose is being annoying as always lol
Nov 20, 2016 1:38 AM

Dec 2015
Did somebody notice the sudden transition of Chitose using her left hand to her using her right hand while she was eating?

SandvikovichNov 20, 2016 1:48 AM
Nov 20, 2016 6:33 AM

Jun 2013
This was a really sweet episode :)
Nov 20, 2016 6:45 AM

Jul 2016
Wow this story is taking quite a deep story, and I like it.
Nov 20, 2016 11:26 AM

Jun 2013
So Kazuha's mom comes to her place unannounced because she was worried about her due to her little swimsuit marketing thing. Kazuha's parents were against her being a seiyuu but she went ahead and became one. Her mom came to see what kind of work Kazuha does so that she can tell otou-san that their daughter isn't doing anything weird. But Mr. Kuzu just had to butt in and make things worse. What a bastard. Thanks to him, who knows what Kazuha's dad is thinking about what his daughter's job is. Towada and Kazuha's agent are going to Yamagata to apologize and properly explain everything to otou-san. Thanks a lot Kuzu.

And Koto is the only one who can approach Kazuha normally since they share a similar background—both girls' parents were against them being seiyuus. And Koto is also such a nice person.

Momoka is a bit envious of Kazuha's parents. They really care about their daughter and worry about her doing something bad. Whereas in Momoka's case, her mom doesn't care much about her daughter being filmed in a swimsuit for some marketing. Everything in related to Momoka is dismissed as work related and she is told to make decisions on her own with little input from her parents. It gives her the feeling that her parents don't care about her enough or something. Momoka wants her mother to worry about her in a way similar to what Kazuha's mom was doing. Another thing here is that she doesn't want people to treat her as the daughter of a star; she wants to be treated as Momoka who is just another VA. Much of her popularity stems from her parents being in this business and she wants people to know her for who she is. She wasn't exactly happy when Yae turned out to be a big fan of her mom and when Yae was being a bit distant from her. She also became friends with Chitose for this reason but then she probably realised that Chitose is annoying as hell and has a crappie personality and isn't a really likable girl. She now prefers Yae over Chitose.

Chitose was funny again here and she was being shown here that she doesn't have any friends and no one cares about her. Lol when Momoka just left while Chitose was still talking. Chitose wanted to go with Kazuha mainly for the hot springs there. And Gojou stops her because she could end up playing a role similar to Kuzu's i.e making things worse. Kuzu is enough to wreak havoc over there so there's no need to send another one of his kind over there. I like how Gojou gave it to her straight that she'll cause problems.

Yae is getting more jobs than Chitose even though they have the same agent: Gojou. His sister is going terrible compared to his other VA.

This was a pretty nice episode with all that Kazuha and Momoka focus. Now the other girls need some similar focus. Yae probably won't have a story like theirs, Koto's story will be similar to Kazuha's although a little more intense given that she hasn't been able to talk to her dad in quite a while, and I wonder about Chitose's background. Her family wasn't in favor of her following in her brother's footsteps, is what she said in that show, but I'm not sure how much of what she says there is her being serious because she doesn't really care about that program since she believes that no one even cares about it.
Nov 20, 2016 5:52 PM
Dec 2014
This phone call was just hilarous. I'm glad that Kuzu-san didn't disappear from the screen, but I feel so sorry for Towada. :D
Nov 20, 2016 7:32 PM

Oct 2011
oh Kazuha mother worried about her.
that deep KuuSure corner
Onsen yay
Nov 20, 2016 7:41 PM

May 2015
I loved how they dove right into parenting issues. It just gives this show another layer. Also, Kuzu was hilarious messing things up the way he did.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Nov 21, 2016 2:03 AM

Sep 2016
shibasaki best girl
her relation to her mom is just like mine lol, i hope she care less
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 21, 2016 3:00 AM
Nov 2016
If you wanna see great illustrations of Gi(a)rlish Number characters you should search this website at first! You can find favorite one for sure.
http://aniex.net/tag/giarlish-number/
These are my favorites
Flat_tits_boyNov 24, 2016 6:24 PM
Nov 21, 2016 7:40 AM

Apr 2015
Flat_tits_boy said:
If you wanna see great illustrations of Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku characters you should search this website at first! You can find favorite one for sure.

Try harder mate...

Her mum is, well, quite a realistic character, isn't she
Chihaya mk2 is still annoying, the done to death tsundere

Momoka's going to explode quite soon, right? How much bloody foreshadowing was that

Shit, I'm 99.9% gonna dislike the next episode...just like I disliked EP13 of Iroha
Nov 21, 2016 9:57 AM

Nov 2016
This was an interesting episode. I do agree that Kazuha's mom was really caring about her daughter's work as a VA and I thought that was sweet and heart-warming. I was shocked to see how Kuzu decided to make things worse by talking to her father about that swimsuit editon shot that Kazuha had done which wasn't good. I do believe that a formal apology from him is very necessary because it would spell disaster for Shibasaki's career.

Meanwhile, I noticed how Momoka was comparing the parenting style from Kazuha and how very different it was from her own mother. I really think that Momoka's mother doesn't really want her to do those gravure shots but she did say that the final decision was hers alone. I kind of feel sorry for Momoka and how that turned out.

On a lighter note, Yae was really cute when Momoka said that she could call her by her first name. That was really funny to see how she reacted like that towards her. :)

So it looks like Momoka will be traveling to the hot springs with Kazuha up to the mountains with Kuzu and Towada. I hope things will work out for them soon enough.
Nov 21, 2016 11:15 AM

Aug 2013
Ahahahahaha :D
I almost died when Kuzu took the phone :D
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 21, 2016 11:53 AM

May 2010
konbansuu lmao at Chitose's comment over it (same)

I don't give a damn to Kuzu's existence. He hasn't done a single good thing so far. He's as good as gone for me.

Good episode.
Nov 21, 2016 1:26 PM

May 2015
No matter how much of an idiot Kuzu-P is, this guy makes me laugh so hard every time. Combined with Chitose, it's the perfect comedy pair, GAHAHA.

Anyway, great episode. Kazuha's mom is really nice. Seems like it's slowly going deeper into the story with Kazuha and Momoka. I honestly can't wait to learn more. I've been curious about these two ladies.

Nov 21, 2016 2:36 PM

Jun 2012
Can somebody PLEASE punch Kuzu face? I was hoping he wont appear so much now, he really is annoying. Other than that, great episode, i feel sorry for Momoka.
Nov 21, 2016 7:27 PM

May 2013
What I find more intriguing to note is not how Shibasaki and Momoka receive their parental treatment, but more on the fact that their parental treatment is not really appropriate for their respective ages.

Shibasaki, an older woman around her mid-to-late twenties, has her parents butt into her professional affairs; Momoka, a high schooler, has full discretion toward her future endeavors with her parents' posing a hands-off approach.

Sure these girls are envious of each other in that regard, but that was a good call from Wataru to have an older woman, who is presumably expected to by fully independent, become tied down to her parents' coddling while also having a young girl, who would benefit the most from parental guidance, encouragement, and intervention, become somewhat 'neglected' at such a critical age (in addition to the burden of upholding her mother's legacy).
Nov 22, 2016 7:33 AM

Aug 2015
Kuzu-san being "kuzu" again, I feel sorry for Towada.

Also was it the meme subs the reason that it's already 7.18 rating? Last time I checked it was around 7.3-ish
Nov 22, 2016 12:56 PM

Mar 2016
Burger-Meister said:
Funny thing is, the fansubs I watched were literally memesubs. "MUH DICK CAN'T TAKE NO MORE," "OY VEY," and referring to various companies as Jewish. I would assume this is an alt-right dude who subbed this, but I'm not too sure on that.

This T_T I've never seen such terrible subs on Kiss Anime before.

SeijiroUshio said:
Also was it the meme subs the reason that it's already 7.18 rating? Last time I checked it was around 7.3-ish

Wouldn't doubt it...this episode's subs made me want to rate it low too, but I didn't xD
Nov 22, 2016 6:30 PM

Oct 2013
reversereality said:
What I find more intriguing to note is not how Shibasaki and Momoka receive their parental treatment, but more on the fact that their parental treatment is not really appropriate for their respective ages.

Shibasaki, an older woman around her mid-to-late twenties, has her parents butt into her professional affairs; Momoka, a high schooler, has full discretion toward her future endeavors with her parents' posing a hands-off approach.

Sure these girls are envious of each other in that regard, but that was a good call from Wataru to have an older woman, who is presumably expected to by fully independent, become tied down to her parents' coddling while also having a young girl, who would benefit the most from parental guidance, encouragement, and intervention, become somewhat 'neglected' at such a critical age (in addition to the burden of upholding her mother's legacy).

Exactly! And I actually hope that showing those two sides of the coin as different options that would be better suited when reversed is the show's intention rather than just putting one above the other.

I'm sure most people would immediately rush to say how Momoka's mother should act like a caring parent every once in a while, while showering Kuzuha's mother with praise. But not having parents that have no idea what the hell are you even doing when pursuing your passions, let alone support it, ain't exactly sunshine & rainbows either - some might, in fact, consider it worse(I know I do but that's down to each individual).
Nov 22, 2016 11:02 PM
Apr 2013
Man, this series is deep. Not really sure how this is all going to end up.
While we're on the topic of Kazuha and Momoka's issues, I wonder if Yae and Koto have their own.
It'd be really funny if everyone but Chitose went through some serious (for a certain degree of serious) talky stuff.
The "plot twist" of Momoka replacing Chitose on the trip to Yamagata was completely unexpected to me, though I'm not sure how exactly it would work for the Momoka side of the issues.
Nov 23, 2016 1:14 PM
May 2015
One i think that is hard to catch is that the episode Momoka is watching is one where she is voicing a child maybe when she was younger together with her mom, and the answer her mom gives her regarding the gravure shots and how her image sells because of "purity" really shows how she is the total opposite from Kazuha mother.
JCEO96Nov 23, 2016 1:33 PM
Nov 23, 2016 2:31 PM

May 2016
Gojou used to be a voice actor, you say ...
Get ready for Boyish Number. The only show about male voice actors (I can't think of another one).
Kuzu continues to raise his scum levels.
Yae-Momoka and Shibasaki-Koto, everyone is becoming friends (except for certain someone, probably for good reason).
Nov 23, 2016 6:05 PM

Oct 2008
Shibasaki's mom is pure old-fashioned Japan! and such a good mother.
She's making a bit deal out of it and embarrassed!
Kuzu just made it worse speaking with the father of Shibasaki whose very strict! Shame we didn't heard at least the voice of her father...
Yae-pon and Chitose are total opposites!
I wonder what makes Momoka feels like she's empty inside like something missing like her passion? maybe it's because of her mother also?!?
Momoka would join Shibasaki on her hometown trip!
4/5.

Nov 23, 2016 7:34 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Kuzu reached a new level of insanity. I'm surprised Shibasaki didn't slap him for pulling that out of nowhere move where he talks to Shibasaki's father.

That Chitose eating scene lol

Yae was pretty fun to watch this episode. The way she got all nervous because Momoka was questioning her formality.

Going to be interesting seeing Momoka and Shibasaki on the trip.

Nov 24, 2016 7:19 AM

Feb 2013
Kuzu is really a piece of shit as his name says. He totally fuck up Shibasaki!
Nov 24, 2016 7:56 AM

Nov 2014
amazing as always! never forge Fall 2016.

the post credit dialogue was absolutely BRILLIANT, I had to watch it twice: "does anyone actually have trash conversations like this? I've never seen one."

then it turned meta as fuck. I loved it.
Nov 24, 2016 2:10 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Overall a great episode
The focus on this episode was on Shibasaki and family bonds eh
Its nice that they decided to focus on expanding her character
as so far her character is relatively unknown to us.
From this episode we can see that her parents did not really want her to
be a seiyuu and as a result her relationship with them become distant.

Still it was nice seeing Shibasaki trying to explain to her mother
the reasons why she become a seiyuu though. Its also interesting to see that
Momoka also has some problems with her family in that they let her do what she
wants without seeming to care about her.

hmm a drunk Shibasaki to start the episode eh
hmm Shibasaki's mum seems rather clueless about anime
seems we get to see what Shibasaki's family is like this episode

and it seems that Momoka also misses the fact that her mother doesn't
worry much about her given her expressions when seeing how Shibasaki's mother
worries about her

lol Chitose's remark getting countered easily by Momoka
moving from your hometown to another city is tough esoecially for a job
where you hope you will be successful
plus you don't want to be the one that goes back empty handed
something that the voice acting industry commonly has

Its nice that the series also takes a look at the backstory and family
situations of the main characters as well. Shibasaki moving from her hometown
to Tokyo for her job and Momoka's parents not opposing her being a seiyuu
and Chitose's parents as well.

Lol Chitose being lost in thought and Momoka leaving her there
lol Shibasaki's mother appearing at the studio when she's working
no wonder she will be embarrassed lol

hmm Radio shows form a integral part of seiyuu's duties so its nice to
see it shown here as well

lol Chitose's inner thoughts during the radio show
Shibasaki seems to be overly conscious of her mother though
a fact that Momoka can see quite easily

lol Shibasaki explaining her reasons for becoming a seiyuu and
going way too deep in the process despite the signs
but i think this was because she wanted to state this to her mother

Lol Shibasaki and her family are quite distant eh

Lol Kuzu going ahead and spoiling things and the expressions of the main cast
as this happens
God the way that he said it is more like Shibasaki is a swimsuit model or
something instead of a seiyuu

geeze Kuzu what an idiot

The important lesson here is that despite your differences
she is still your mother that cares for you and will respect your decision
something that Shibasaki does understand

Kuzu causes nothing but trouble eh
if he goes with them to see Shibasaki's father then i guarantee that
things will go south

And Chitose going just for the hot springs eh
Lol since last episode Koto and Shibasaki have become fast friends
its nice to be able to talk to someone about your problems though
Koto's words actually did make me think that her parents have passed though

lol Chitose's tantrum was pretty funny
Yae though has such a different personality than Chitose or Koto
she's far more polite than Chitose and at the same time less confident than
Koto while being more humble.

So Momoka likes to be treated like a normal person then eh
being the daughter of a well known seiyuu means that you will always
be judged to a higher standard than others which can be hard

wow Yae is really in love with that anime eh
that was quite a reaction from her when Momoka's manager told her about
the new series.

So Momoka decided to go with Shibasaki to see her parents too eh
and it looks like Chitose forgot about it lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2016 2:31 AM

Mar 2009
Shibasaki's mom was adorable.
smh @ Kuzu. Can't believe all the shit he said to her father. Talking about her breasts...how dense can you possibly be? How did he even make it this far in the industry by being so tactless?
Nov 27, 2016 12:53 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I can totally feel Shibasaki, having your mom comes to your workplace and see you work is one of the most awkward and embarrassing moments you'll ever feel

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Nov 28, 2016 10:41 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, with more character development. Shifting more away from the anime industry side to focus on the voice actresses.
Dec 2, 2016 5:48 PM

Oct 2012
I finally understood why this anime is so boring, they're trying to imitate real life.. But, then there are those needless comedy insert scenes with Chitose or with someone else (it's mostly her though) which destroys this concept.

Without understanding this one would have to wonder why this anime lack any clear point or something cause that's definitely its main flaw - it's just series of scenes randomly put together.

At least we are going onsen the next time.
Dec 10, 2016 10:31 PM

Dec 2012
Kuzu and Chitose are so dumb and selfish as always, they were really funny this episode. Too bad that Chitose will be late.
Dec 17, 2016 2:52 AM

Apr 2015
As I thought not the kind of episode I would like
Stereotypical dickhead father and dickhead daughter and ghastly reconciliation
But outside of my taste it was an okay episode I think

Producer-san may be terrible to work with IRL but as an anime character he's the most refreshing
Jan 19, 2017 4:03 AM

Mar 2015
Lel this Kuzu guy. Such an annoying prick
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 7, 2017 9:57 AM

Jul 2014
Kuzu being an ass on the phone, Shibasaki hates having her mom tailing her yet Momoka is somewhat depressed. Chitose still in lala land gonna miss the train, guess its producer and momoka going to the onsen.
Jul 18, 2017 7:21 PM

Jun 2017
This was actually a pretty good episode. we got a look into the minds of 2 imoportant characters,and Kuzu's phone call literally made me LMAO so hard. he is the best character in the anime as far as making you laugh goes, his laugh is infectious XD
Sep 3, 2017 6:54 AM

Oct 2012
Leave it to Kuzu to make things bad to worse xD

I guess Momoka is really jealous of Kazuha's doting parents
Well each parents are different, she should treasure her own parents

It seems Chi-sama will miss the trip because of her laziness xD
"Signature removed"
Nov 7, 2017 4:44 AM

Nov 2015
Kazuha is waifu.
That's it.

Honestly she's the one character I was expecting more screen time since the first ep and lately I'm getting it.
Dec 5, 2017 12:41 PM

May 2012
That ending was nice, but in general still pretty meh to be honest!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2016

103 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 14, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2016

70 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 14, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2016

84 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 13, 2023 11:40 PM

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2016

63 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 13, 2023 11:37 PM

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2016

65 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 13, 2023 10:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.