Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 18, 2016 1:23 AM
Jul 2018
lEON7 said:
Looking forward for new Hentai mangas for this one :D , Heck this one will turn out a Harem for sure.

There's already a few and they hurt my eyes to be fairly honest. xD
Nov 18, 2016 1:40 AM

Aug 2015
SymphoniacTippy said:

The only worry I have for this series is basically how they will develop its characters. Sure they have personality around but they do need some sort of spark at hand. Especially Mallow, and no offense really, but I do think Mallow needs some working around here and there the most. I think the others will have something here, that's for sure.

I pretty much agree with you about that one, every single one of the characters had their own backgrounds (Lana generally takes care of her two younger sisters [clearly Sun and Moon's best girl], Kiawe's family owns a farm, Mallow is one of the workers of Aina Cafeteria [she's the only one that was shown though], Sophocles is fat boy Clemont [who is definitely not 10, when you think about it] and Lillie is the new Miss Exposition right now [after XY's Clemont, that is]).

To be honest, that's not the only issue I might expect to happen here. The genre of comedy and its visuals fit one another (although most of Ash's cringe-y expressions doesn't feel necessary. They felt forced to me.). It feels lively and vibrant... until we realize there are characters like Lusamine, Gladion and some others like the Aether Foundation and the Ultra Beasts that might change the genre of the show eventually. There's also Serena who has not given an XY&Z Special too unlike Clemont and Bonnie (although I honestly did not want Serena to go to Alola unless she has good reasons... I honestly wanted the continuation of her journey as the Pokemon Performer (focused more on trainer's performance) and being exposed to a different environment in Pokemon Contests (focused more on the Coordinator's Pokemon's performance), even without Ash on her side now).

Nov 18, 2016 1:49 AM
Jul 2018
Frankies_Monster said:
SymphoniacTippy said:

The only worry I have for this series is basically how they will develop its characters. Sure they have personality around but they do need some sort of spark at hand. Especially Mallow, and no offense really, but I do think Mallow needs some working around here and there the most. I think the others will have something here, that's for sure.

I pretty much agree with you about that one, every single one of the characters had their own backgrounds (Lana generally takes care of her two younger sisters [clearly Sun and Moon's best girl], Kiawe's family owns a farm, Mallow is one of the workers of Aina Cafeteria [she's the only one that was shown though], Sophocles is fat boy Clemont [who is definitely not 10, when you think about it] and Lillie is the new Miss Exposition right now [after XY's Clemont, that is]).

To be honest, that's not the only issue I might expect to happen here. The genre of comedy and its visuals fit one another (although most of Ash's cringe-y expressions doesn't feel necessary. They felt forced to me.). It feels lively and vibrant... until we realize there are characters like Lusamine, Gladion and some others like the Aether Foundation and the Ultra Beasts that might change the genre of the show eventually. There's also Serena who has not given an XY&Z Special too unlike Clemont and Bonnie (although I honestly did not want Serena to go to Alola unless she has good reasons... I honestly wanted the continuation of her journey as the Pokemon Performer (focused more on trainer's performance) and being exposed to a different environment in Pokemon Contests (focused more on the Coordinator's Pokemon's performance), even without Ash on her side now).

The information that you explained are based from the original games right? as far as I am concerned with the story and I only got spoiled on one thing (and I don't have the game quite frank, I will have to wait for few days to get it until I can get it on my hands) the story for the SM game would be pretty dark in a sense, so I do understand what you mean there. The lively, colorful and vibrant atmosphere might not really suit the events that will go on here for the stuff that they will show, unless they try to do something around there to make it fit which as long as its executed properly I think it will be fine. I think we just have to go and see how they're going to play it out, especially for Lusamine and Gladion (aka JoJo Dio pose guy Lol I'm sorry xD)

As for the Serena part, given to how she hasn't gotten her own OVA and Clemont and Bonnie got one instead, seems kinda sad but at the same time it might be possible for her to come to the region, although I do agree with you over there since I prefer seeing her in a different place rather than being around, unless she needed legit reasons to come around Alola honestly. Of course, I would have preferred a series of OVAs for her end and even if its just a small amount it would be nice to see honestly.
Nov 18, 2016 3:25 AM

Aug 2015
SymphoniacTippy said:

The information that you explained are based from the original games right? as far as I am concerned with the story and I only got spoiled on one thing (and I don't have the game quite frank, I will have to wait for few days to get it until I can get it on my hands) the story for the SM game would be pretty dark in a sense, so I do understand what you mean there. The lively, colorful and vibrant atmosphere might not really suit the events that will go on here for the stuff that they will show, unless they try to do something around there to make it fit which as long as its executed properly I think it will be fine. I think we just have to go and see how they're going to play it out, especially for Lusamine and Gladion (aka JoJo Dio pose guy Lol I'm sorry xD)

As for the Serena part, given to how she hasn't gotten her own OVA and Clemont and Bonnie got one instead, seems kinda sad but at the same time it might be possible for her to come to the region, although I do agree with you over there since I prefer seeing her in a different place rather than being around, unless she needed legit reasons to come around Alola honestly. Of course, I would have preferred a series of OVAs for her end and even if its just a small amount it would be nice to see honestly.

The ones for Trial Captains and Lillie are from the Pokemon SM anime website (although Mallow's, Lana's and Sophocles' are basically the same as their game counterparts (in Mallow's case, the Aina Cafeteria was for the Pokemon School she's attending). Kiawe and Lillie are the ones that are given somewhat different profiles in that website. Gladion might still fit with the comedy with his JoJo poses (Team Skull as a whole will fit), but Lusamine is a different story (and the Aether Foundation might be problematic too).

Speaking of Serena, I do watch some glimpses of the SM game's storyline and as it turned out, SM's Lillie (game) is quite similar to XY's Serena (anime) for many reasons (although there's less romance for her to the male MC (mainly because the dialogue will be the same for the female MC too) compared for Serena to Ash... Also, there's Hau who is like Tierno, but Hau's part of the main cast), just add some glimpses of XY's Bonnie (anime) in it (because she protected Cosmog, similar to Bonnie with Squishy). Just to share my thoughts about what I observed because, somehow, Serena had affected the SM games after all, like how the team behind these games put Ash-Greninja and Ash-Pikachu in it as well.
Frankies_MonsterNov 18, 2016 3:31 AM

Nov 18, 2016 4:01 AM

Mar 2016
Looking forward to the rest of the series, seems fun. Loved the music!
Nov 18, 2016 4:47 AM

Apr 2015
the episode seems ok...
OP ED great too... really like ED...
i don't know... the other characters design are alright, Ash is the weirdest one... maybe because he seems younger than previous season... and that thing on his cheek bother me a lot...

Lillie best girl
Nov 18, 2016 8:58 AM

Aug 2016
Don't want to go all out and say that this was completely and utterly amazing, especially since it came only 2 weeks or so after XYZ ending. However, it does look promising, with a fairly big cast and an interesting premise with the school idea. I'm not going to have any expectations but I have a feeling this could be different, but it'll be good nonetheless.
Forever wishing for an unrealistic Anime romance.
Nov 18, 2016 9:21 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
First funny episode, with a nice and new pokemons!!!
Nov 18, 2016 10:55 AM

Apr 2011
Very good first impression I enjoyed it 🙂👍
Nov 18, 2016 10:59 AM

Mar 2016
Damn this was actually pretty good!

Nov 18, 2016 11:30 AM
Aug 2014
Sun and Moon seems VERY different from all the other seasons.
Tapu Koko seems to play an important role and im starting to hope that the story could be great.

Im also a fan of the new animation, it kinda makes it look like we have a new Ash.

Also rip Serena . . .
Nov 18, 2016 11:32 AM
Oct 2015
This was great! First time I might actually follow through with a pokemon season since gold and silver.
Nov 18, 2016 11:37 AM
Apr 2015
A good start to a new series of Pokemon makes me feel like they are actually trying to make characters that we'll actually remember.

I haven't cared to watch any of the series past emerald,ruby and sapphires version of it.Since honestly I didn't like the boring tales most of them would do and the adventures they had after may and max were pretty boring for me to watch other than part of dawn's story and I just didn't watch x and y's series at all so I have no comment about that one.

My favorite part is the breath of fresh air that is the new art style although as others would say ash is the one exception to that his character design looks kinda weird.
Nov 18, 2016 12:06 PM

Oct 2010
Holy shit Kaki sounds like Alain... but he's not the same voice actor.
Nov 18, 2016 12:26 PM

Dec 2013
I am really liking the new animation style. It is a lot more interesting to look at. Also the huge amount of pokemon drawn in the background are so much fun to look at, it really feels like there are pokemon living everywhere in this world!
Nov 18, 2016 1:02 PM

Nov 2016
After reading your comments I decided to give it a try... And I loved it! I got the same feeling than when the first episode of Pokemon aired in my country.

Even though the art style is different and Ash looks (and acts) like an 8 years old, nostalgia hit me hard. I might keep watching this...
Nov 18, 2016 3:37 PM

Aug 2014
I love the new animation!
Nov 18, 2016 3:47 PM
Sep 2014
Pretty glad to see this forum is far more healthier than many forum outside, so manyt hate, i think this series has the best premiere in Pokemon anime franchise, i mean, it's so creative and acceptable, especially that fucking fast flashback, it's so unexpected lol
anyway, i'm looking forward to this series, since from the title that leaked, i haven't see anything that indicate some filler like XY
Nov 18, 2016 4:09 PM

Aug 2014
CoffeeCrisis said:
Pretty glad to see this forum is far more healthier than many forum outside, so manyt hate, i think this series has the best premiere in Pokemon anime franchise, i mean, it's so creative and acceptable, especially that fucking fast flashback, it's so unexpected lol
anyway, i'm looking forward to this series, since from the title that leaked, i haven't see anything that indicate some filler like XY

I agree! I've always loved Pokemon but I never watched after the original anime. I continued to play the games, but I decided why not give Sun & Moon anime a try? I'm glad I did.
Nov 18, 2016 5:35 PM
Jul 2018
Frankies_Monster said:
SymphoniacTippy said:

The ones for Trial Captains and Lillie are from the Pokemon SM anime website (although Mallow's, Lana's and Sophocles' are basically the same as their game counterparts (in Mallow's case, the Aina Cafeteria was for the Pokemon School she's attending). Kiawe and Lillie are the ones that are given somewhat different profiles in that website. Gladion might still fit with the comedy with his JoJo poses (Team Skull as a whole will fit), but Lusamine is a different story (and the Aether Foundation might be problematic too).

Speaking of Serena, I do watch some glimpses of the SM game's storyline and as it turned out, SM's Lillie (game) is quite similar to XY's Serena (anime) for many reasons (although there's less romance for her to the male MC (mainly because the dialogue will be the same for the female MC too) compared for Serena to Ash... Also, there's Hau who is like Tierno, but Hau's part of the main cast), just add some glimpses of XY's Bonnie (anime) in it (because she protected Cosmog, similar to Bonnie with Squishy). Just to share my thoughts about what I observed because, somehow, Serena had affected the SM games after all, like how the team behind these games put Ash-Greninja and Ash-Pikachu in it as well.

Hmm... well I think for those at least from the info then I think it might be interesting to see how they will implement it or how they will play it out around, as well with the possible dark tone shift for the series based on what I got from the game.

And so you're pretty much saying that the XY anime did some sort of impact towards the SM games, to where it has somethings that kinda connects with them like personality and such? (I mean just comparisons). It's not actually a bad thing in that case, at least in my honest opinion, and speaking of the game, on twitter there has been quite some... kinky stuff, I might add. But this is the anime so I'll focus on that end in a way.

One thing though is that speaking of kinks, the anime has some sort of fetish around in few things, for example in the Opening where they go from the slide, you know the entire butt for Mallow. There's other examples like for the second episode but I won't say much over there.
Nov 18, 2016 6:28 PM

Nov 2009
Other than the art, this episode overall was good :/
Nov 18, 2016 8:17 PM

Jul 2010
I haven't watched Pokemon in forever, only the original anime but decided to watch this since it seems to be kinda like a reboot with a lot of stuff and I'm glad I did, love the new animation, setting and so many cute girls with great personalities. Really want to see the next ep get subbed gonna try to keep up with this one.

Btw can anyone answer me if me watching this will spoil the game? Can't quite remember how it works.
Nov 18, 2016 8:31 PM
Aug 2015
The show was a bit boring until the Z-Ring showed up. That made me go SWEET!.

What I hated tho was how Ash got his Ring so early, like WTF where is the suspense? Why didn't they make him fight and prove his way to get it. Idk. I just don't like how they did it.
Nov 18, 2016 9:16 PM

May 2015
I can't really take the new art style seriously. But it does make this season a very different experience than all the previous ones. I'm actually glad they're changing things up, for once, this seems like it'll be unique compared to the (sometimes) repetitive predecessors. I think this'll be a fun watch!
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Nov 19, 2016 1:57 AM
Jul 2018
Tenth said:
I haven't watched Pokemon in forever, only the original anime but decided to watch this since it seems to be kinda like a reboot with a lot of stuff and I'm glad I did, love the new animation, setting and so many cute girls with great personalities. Really want to see the next ep get subbed gonna try to keep up with this one.

Btw can anyone answer me if me watching this will spoil the game? Can't quite remember how it works.

For the first two episodes not really, from main story wise. The only thing that kinda shows unless you're aware is a Pokemon coming around in the second episode, which is...

But if that's not considered a spoiler then you're fine for now.
Nov 19, 2016 4:43 AM

Aug 2014
That was fun, but maybe more because of nostalgia than anything else. The episode went a little fast, with introductions of new concepts all over the place. But the pacing still gave room to some nice character introductions. The characters are kinda basic I guess, but with everyone being so joyful and energetic I kind help but be kinda happy myself. Animation and art are good and a good match for the atmosphere. It's fun to look at, and reasonably fluid. + it's kinda refreshing to see such a cartoony artstyle in anime.

Didn't really pay attention to much of the sound actually, the OP is fun, the voice-acting is good, background music fitting. And the ED is just a bunch of nostalgia toward the pokémon rap.

Also Lillie is as cute as expected. <3
Nov 19, 2016 4:58 AM

Jul 2011
as someone who has been following pokemon anime for my whole life..... This premiere is one of the best ever!!!!!

It was so exciting! Fun! Cool! and i could see that the directing and writing are better thank XY ♥♥♥
Nov 19, 2016 9:40 AM

Aug 2015
Pretty good first episode i haven't played the game yet but this episode grabbed my attention great character designs i like the blond girl's design. The animation was smooth yey weird...
Liking traps is gay and liking Lolis is Pedophila.
Come at me bruh!
Nov 19, 2016 11:43 AM

Oct 2015
It wasn't as bad as I was fearing it would be, I'm still not a huge fan of the new art style and Ash looks younger and he acts younger to as he was getting excited really easily and he also seems a bit stupider as he stuck his face next to a crab.

Overall it was enjoyable to watch though despite the changes I don't really like too much.

That scene were Bewear was chasing him was hilarious because of it's high-pitched voice.

I'll keep watching it, I've been watching this show for 15 years anyway though and seen most of the episodes of it so I might aswell keep watching it.
Nov 19, 2016 2:50 PM
Jul 2018
Now that I've watched it with good subs, yeah it was good. I can also confirm my suspicions of Mallow being best girl.
Nov 19, 2016 3:32 PM

Apr 2016
Eden2307 said:
tfw I randomly pause and see this

bruh
that 10 year old thick
Nov 20, 2016 10:12 AM

Jul 2008
Tenth said:

Ash usually follow the games in broad strokes. He will visit the key locations, deal with the issues at hand and witness certain events.
So, will it spoil everything ? No, but the anime will use the games as blue prints so you will get to see 80% of the plot/secrets.
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Nov 20, 2016 12:25 PM
Sep 2015
Mmm, mixed views, it just seems a-bit weird of a transition, i'm sure ill used to it over time, esp when I haven't finished last season ;)
Watch Nichijou
Nov 21, 2016 5:00 AM

Dec 2015
This anime got like 10 times better because of those cute girls
Nov 21, 2016 1:37 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, still not finished XYZ and I absolutely adore that animation style but found the first two episodes of this dubbed yesterday on CITV (in the UK) which are apparently just a preview and the rest will be dubbed after they finish XYZ.

Stylistically this is a big change from Ash looking so badass and epic in XY/XYZ which was my favourite look for him, although I didn't watch after the original series until then but have seen some of the movies from in between. Although I think I kinda got used to his new look pretty quickly.

Although I actually enjoyed it far more than I expected even with Ash looking that way lol.

Weird to Ash's mom for the first time in forever! lol. So her Mr Mime who I remember from the original series won them a prize to the Island on a tombola LOL! what a lucky Pokemon he is! very awesome indeed!

It was funny how Ash ended up at the school and Oak's cousin looks just liked him only tanned! lol.

Tapu Koko seems to have really taken by Ash. It was cool that it gave Ash that Z Ring too!

So far similar to the demo, probably going to wait until Christmas to have the full games as presents though. I never finished my X and Y games which I got 2 years ago, barely played them lol. They were the first games I'd played since like Sapphire/FireRed.

The Team Skull seem like jerks and the match was interesting. Cool to see a Z Move.
stephtastropheNov 21, 2016 2:08 PM
Nov 23, 2016 8:58 AM

Feb 2008
I'm not fond of skipping the game heroine once again (RIP Hilda and Mei) but at least we're getting four captains as main characters alongside Satoshi. I'm not too fond of making them weak and beginners though. Though as it is, chances are that this season will be quite fun.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Nov 23, 2016 7:18 PM

Mar 2016
Although I don't think this was as strong of a first episode as XY's was I did think that the animation during downtime scenes was actually very lovely; however, I think that the battles could use some work, that Z-Move was awesome but the rest of the battle felt rather lazy compared to what we got in XY and XYZ.

As for the Characters I'm worried that Ash will be like that for the whole series, I know he's 10 and all but that level of "ermigerd ner perkermon!" will get old fast. Can't tell you which girl is best girl yet but I'm rooting for Mellow on this one. Oh yeah, and tall dark and handsome seems like he's going to be an interesting rival for Satoshi. Overall I'm cautious but hopeful for Pokemon Sun and Moon
Nov 25, 2016 4:13 AM
真面目に勉強してる

Jul 2014
I enjoyed the first episode so much.

I like the new character design, I like the new region, the new Pomemon, the new look and feel. Also the Team Skull soundtrack was really nice.

The Hip Hop Ending was kind of weird and the naming of the new Pokemon and Towns didn't impress me yet.

Also Satoshis father looks kind of crazy and out of place.

I have written my own Ecchi short story. It is called Nopan Mahou Shoujo!
You can find the PDF here or read it online on Wattpad or on Archive of Our Own.
Nov 27, 2016 5:24 AM

Oct 2012
Well i didn't enjoy it. Never expected to be this bad.
Hmm... the jokes was not even funny. The art was unique (bad) in the first place.
But i'm glad people still give the staff chance after what they got in XYZ (kalos league).

Nov 30, 2016 4:12 AM
Dec 2009
After the preview I had really mixed feelings but after marathoning episodes 1-4 today I actually really like this. The XY anime really grew on me over time but Sun and Moon is really fun so far. Having just started the game it's cool to see characters and settings from the game in the anime, and I think it's obvious that "school" is only going to be the first few episodes before Ash heads out to explore other islands so I think this show is going to pleasantly surprise a lot of people who were ready to hate it.
Dec 6, 2016 2:44 PM

Sep 2013
Great start, really refreshing with the whole new look but ash still has his skills.
The girls are cute too, school battle harem ftw :)

Z moves and satoshi is the chosen one XD
Dec 6, 2016 3:40 PM
Mar 2015
And just like that Ash receives a Z-Crystal for Pikachu from the island guardian. Wonder what his starter will be. (Probably Litten in my opinion...)
Dec 18, 2016 7:32 AM

Oct 2009
Pokemon hasn't been fun for me in years, while I do love the franchise so much, but when I heard they changed the art style and thus hugely improved the animation quality I'm interested again. It's so refreshing, this anime really needed some change because the old animation and designs were just... old and down right bad. Now, everything is fluid and dynamic, the world and characters feel alive. I don't get why people can't handle the change, after 20 years it really is time for some fresh air. The change isn't even bad, I'd say this is the best choice they made in years. Current designs fit modern animation and I can tell the studio has shifted to more digital art so it fits. I can finally enjoy something that made me so happy in my childhood. Excited to see where it goes.
Dec 22, 2016 9:49 AM

Jul 2008
Aurorae said:
Pokemon hasn't been fun for me in years, while I do love the franchise so much, but when I heard they changed the art style and thus hugely improved the animation quality I'm interested again. It's so refreshing, this anime really needed some change because the old animation and designs were just... old and down right bad. Now, everything is fluid and dynamic, the world and characters feel alive. I don't get why people can't handle the change, after 20 years it really is time for some fresh air. The change isn't even bad, I'd say this is the best choice they made in years. Current designs fit modern animation and I can tell the studio has shifted to more digital art so it fits. I can finally enjoy something that made me so happy in my childhood. Excited to see where it goes.

Have you watched XYZ at all ? The anime got a slight animation update in Bw and went even further in Xy. It's not like we stuck with Og style for 20 years. Heck, the important episodes and especially the league were majestically animated.

Still, I get your point about fresh air buf the problem is that it now looks like certain digimon stuff (not saying that's a bad thing just not fresh either).

Anyway, welcome back on the Pokemon anime train.
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Dec 22, 2016 9:58 AM

Sep 2016
Aurorae said:
yea i only watch pokemon series for few minutes every few months on my national tv, it's pretty boring. SunMoon anime is the first pokemon that im actually interested into. it's really different and fresh just like the game
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 30, 2016 7:18 AM

Aug 2016
Ash looks real young ey

Set by SenpieX
Jun 1, 2017 11:03 PM

Jul 2012
I actually really like the new art style 😊

Looking forward to Ash's adventures in this new approach to a Pokémon region!
Jul 17, 2017 10:27 PM

Dec 2016
Having not watched a new Pokemon series in a while, this was a fun episode to get back into it!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 5, 2017 8:50 AM
Dec 2014
Look like I'm the only person who don't like the new characters design.
Sep 22, 2017 12:46 PM

Jul 2012
I really like it so far! :D I just started playing Pokemon Moon so I decided to watch this at the same time. It's very good and the new artstyle is lovely.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 146 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ri22rk - Nov 3, 2019

52 by leanrv »»
Feb 22, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 144 Discussion

Ri22rk - Oct 20, 2019

28 by leanrv »»
Feb 20, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 143 Discussion

Ri22rk - Oct 13, 2019

18 by leanrv »»
Feb 14, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 139 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Crzykido - Sep 15, 2019

58 by leanrv »»
Feb 7, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 133 Discussion

dannymilk - Aug 4, 2019

17 by leanrv »»
Jan 23, 5:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.