Forum Settings
Forums

To all male otaku here, be honest. What do you think of female otaku?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 18, 2016 10:43 PM

Feb 2015
Kagami said:

@_Ako_ - I don't know about those. Youtube is pretty bad though. Cancer everywhere anywhere.

Lol... Is that where, if you said, "I like SAO"(which I do) and random people will start flooding you with hate comments? xD

I feel like the hate here in much more "systematic" than other social medias like FB/Youtube... I mean it really boils down to what kind of hate MALers spreads, do they spread, 2deep4me>all anime or just people basically hates every who likes stuff like SAO, which I don't get why, and someone had said stuff about me liking SAO but I never really find it offensive, rather entertaining, and I'd join the fun of me like SAO... xD

basically me circling how they will circle me..xD

Darek said:
Couldn't give less of a shit whether someone is an otaku or not, regardless of whether we are going by the western or eastern definition of an otaku.

Lol... I love how you put how Western interprets otaku and how Japanese interprets it... The best shit ever... xD

Kagami said:
This "normal fan" BS is like a plague.

Lol... This is evident in the suggestion I posted around months ago, and the recent suggestion about review...

Like, the left is the "casuals" and on the right is the "elitist"
funny how it divides into just two category... Kinda laughed at that... Well at some point, we even I felt "elitist" on something... I just don't do it in a very bold way...xD
_Ako_Nov 18, 2016 10:46 PM
Nov 18, 2016 10:47 PM

Jun 2015
@kagami

it's pretty much the same in every community though?

there are people who are more hardcore about something, and there are people who are less. it's not like anime is the only community where it has these hardcore fans ~

that'll be it from me, i think we're taking this way too serious xD
Nov 18, 2016 10:50 PM

Jun 2014
@_Ako_ - I actually uploaded a rant about this topic on youtube last month. Being not hardcore is fine, but casuals or "normal" fans painting hardcore fans as weirdos or openly saying shit about them is hella annoying! There is nothing weird with being a hardcore fan. There is nothing weird with not being one. Grow up everyone!

@crashinho - Not the point at all. :s
KagamiNov 18, 2016 10:54 PM
Nov 18, 2016 10:50 PM
Jul 2018
@_Ako_ wait what? How am I supposed to interpret that?.... *scratches his head*
Nov 18, 2016 10:56 PM
Nov 2016
As someone that is a demi-bi otaku, I absolutely LOVE female otaku in general. In terms of love, I hope I do fall in someone that's an otaku. :3

I mean, I guess I'm attracted to male otaku as well.

Then again, maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't necessarily consider an otaku to be something outside of just being someone that really loves anime and manga, which is mainly just Japanese animations and graphic novels. It's a mere hobby that's like really enjoying sports cars or mystery novels. That's kinda contradictory, but that's how I feel.

So, I wouldn't necessarily consider myself attracted to someone just BECAUSE they're really into anime and whatnot. An otaku is just defined by someone that's into that kind of stuff, male or female.
Nov 18, 2016 10:58 PM

Nov 2016
having noodles constantly thrown in your face won't increase your self esteem mate
Nov 18, 2016 11:00 PM

Jun 2014
I can already predict in 2026 I will need to "babysit" anime fans who have this or an even worse new mindset. I feel like I am already babysitting people here and there as it is.

Take omegle for example. So much bad opinions there were dealt lethal justice via realistic and logical views/words.
Nov 18, 2016 11:00 PM

Feb 2015
Kagami said:
@_Ako_ - I actually uploaded a rant about this topic on youtube last month. Being not hardcore is fine, but casuals or "normal" fans painting hardcore fans as weirdos or openly saying shit about them is hella annoying! There is nothing weird with being a hardcore fan. There is nothing weird with not being one. Grow up everyone!

Well, like you said, people have this weird view of "otaku", I mean, in some series they put "NEET/otaku/hiki" as other Godly being whereas in reality it is not. The same with "Otaku"... I mean, how can I put it, people rants/critizes people as they are because, they are free to do so, they can rant their mouth the most nonsensical things that may or may not the truth. Yeah, basically that is just annoyance... To be quite honest, youtube is somewhat of a hypocratic brat, I mean, people will rant about users who claims themselves as "hardcore anime fan", and will praise the anime youtubers who post reviews...

Can you give me the link of the youtube?

Darek said:
@_Ako_ wait what? How am I supposed to interpret that?.... *scratches his head*

Mhhh... This is the grey area in the language barrier, basically, Japanese, I think view otaku as someone who have a passion to something, it is not just restricted to anime, you can be a money otaku(individual who loves money), car otaku(individual who likes cars and have the major stuff in their head, like they know every details of it). Whereas, I think Western view otaku as, the stereotype "Hiki/NEET" is in anime, like Welcome to NHK, mhhh, like otaku=escapism=socially inept=bad thing.

basically, due to the language barrier people have their own connotations of how "otaku" is like. Just depends in your stance, if you see it in Japanese way or Western, though I think either way, it is still a negative thing...

There is one article about Hiki/NEET and Otaku in anime vs in real life that is really quite interesting.
Nov 18, 2016 11:06 PM
Jul 2018
@_Ako_ I know what an otaku means in japanese, what I meant was "what did you mean?" your initial statement was confusing to me. I mean how is that the best shit ever?
Nov 18, 2016 11:09 PM

Feb 2015
Darek said:
@_Ako_ I know what an otaku means in japanese, what I meant was "what did you mean?" your initial statement was confusing to me. I mean how is that the best shit ever?

It's the best shit, because it is somewhat hard to tell if one user says, "otaku" in Western derogatory term or in a Japanese kind of context, personally, I have been somewhat hard on this and still have to think it through... xD
Nov 18, 2016 11:10 PM

Jun 2015
I like otakus, don't really care what their gender is. Same interests is gooood
Nov 19, 2016 12:19 AM

Jan 2010
Kasey said:
@Shicchi Which term of otaku are you referring to?

Well, I'm sorry I didn't specify, but I guess I meant otaku in japanese term. The word "otaku" has negative connotation in Japan. And since I'm a fujoshi, I guess I want everyone opinion on that. I think I'll make another thread about what people honest opinion on fujoshi. :( I bet there would be a ton who hate them haha orz
Nov 19, 2016 12:28 AM

Dec 2014
Bezaliel said:
I'm friends with one and we get along well.
And again, I really wanted you to know that I find your profile picture sexually attractive.
Nov 19, 2016 12:30 AM

Dec 2014
_Ako_ said:
Kagami said:
@_Ako_ - Thanks! Stocking is lovely!~

I blame the sheep effect and social media. I think otaku always had negative implications, but that's just because people see being hardcore as a bad thing which is silly in itself. Though, social media has increased the sheep effect and people just believe anything they read and start repeating the silliness. Back in 05, calling yourself a hardcore fan was fine. Nowadays, some fans are concerned with minor things such as admitting what you are.

Kinda reminds me of Genshiken to be quite honest... But let's forget about that for a second...

People's awareness on internet is just too little. Social media can pretty much rants on whatever they want, people can be feed-off with false facts. And, the reason why I don't use Google for my HWs because it's just basically users putting stuff together... And, hey you can even edit one there...xD

By the way, which is more cancerous, FB or Twitter? I have FB but rarely uses it, and Twitter is basically nonexistence to me... Is there a difference of ignorance between FB users and Twitter users?

crashinho said:
@_ako_

i'm not mad, i'm sorry for giving that impression ;-;

i know that it's not fair from my side to judge based on a stereotype but it's not really a secret that those who like anime are considered.. well weird.
especially those who are 'extreme' fans.. but again as i said it's their thing and if that makes them happy then they can do it :P

like i have nothing against them, it's just what i think of them :p
i'm not gonna kill them or hate them or anything lol xD

Again, why is that, when people watch anime, they are technically weird? That is the part I get and somehow I don't.

Do you understand they're weird because, you too watches anime, and that also applies to me, or because they're weird on a different thing, like outside of the box?

Mhhhh... Hating one is another thing, I don't also see a reason for me hating someone just because he/she watches anime. But if he/she punches me, that's a signal of a war.
Master Ako is the winner so please, stop fighting already! And Genshiken is my most favorite show everyday.
Nov 19, 2016 12:39 AM

Feb 2016
I wouldn't call myself an otaku but as far as female otakus are concerned, I just find that most girls that qualify as otaku (obsesses over anime, watches lots of anime, buys dvds and merchandise) are cool people that tend to lack in certain areas that an non otaku girl wouldn't. whether that is social skills, looks, or assertiveness, they just lack something. I wouldn't mind discussing anime with them but most of the time, anime and video games are the only things you can really have a conversation with them about

tl;dr They have their pros and cons like any other person
Nov 19, 2016 2:27 AM

Jan 2015
Us male otakus fucking hate you. Stop trying to copy us. Go back to playing with your Barbie dolls.
Nov 19, 2016 2:29 AM

Jan 2015
If you're an otaku you're pretty boring because you only care about anime and nothing else. I feel bad for your parents.
Nov 19, 2016 5:01 AM

Apr 2016
2D waifus better than real female otaku.
That I think.
Anime List「Anime stats → Completed 1 Thousand」
Nov 19, 2016 7:58 AM

Dec 2013
Well, usually I dont give this a thought, but...

I cant stand a fuyoshi. Every time I try talking to one, the conversation ends up in a war.
Nov 19, 2016 8:01 AM

Sep 2016
Just say that you love boku no pico or school days is the best romance anime if you wanna start world war.
Nov 19, 2016 9:11 AM

Nov 2016
I think it''d be a bonus if they watch anime honestly. As long as they look nice, and not what you would think of a really "nerdy" girl
Nov 19, 2016 9:17 AM

Jun 2015
I've met some cool female otakus. All the cool ones I've met have a wide variety of interests in anime like myself, though. I can't stand crazy fujoshis.

There was a girl I met during a school outing one time and we hit it off because we both liked Attack on Titan and started talking over Skype. She seemed alright at first but then she started getting really moody whenever I'd try to talk about anime sometimes. I couldn't figure out why, so I finally asked what was up and she was like "I really don't want to think about any female characters." So I'm like... ok, I never really brought specific attention to female characters, but how come? And she's like "I just don't find them attractive." Talk about a turn-off lol how shallow can you be. She only cosplayed as male characters for the same reason. F'in weird.

So yah, female otakus who actually appreciate all kinds of anime as well as female characters are cool, the hardcore fujoshis are just creepy.
Nov 19, 2016 9:23 AM

Feb 2015
thefreeloader said:
_Ako_ said:

Kinda reminds me of Genshiken to be quite honest... But let's forget about that for a second...

People's awareness on internet is just too little. Social media can pretty much rants on whatever they want, people can be feed-off with false facts. And, the reason why I don't use Google for my HWs because it's just basically users putting stuff together... And, hey you can even edit one there...xD

By the way, which is more cancerous, FB or Twitter? I have FB but rarely uses it, and Twitter is basically nonexistence to me... Is there a difference of ignorance between FB users and Twitter users?

Again, why is that, when people watch anime, they are technically weird? That is the part I get and somehow I don't.

Do you understand they're weird because, you too watches anime, and that also applies to me, or because they're weird on a different thing, like outside of the box?

Mhhhh... Hating one is another thing, I don't also see a reason for me hating someone just because he/she watches anime. But if he/she punches me, that's a signal of a war.
Master Ako is the winner so please, stop fighting already! And Genshiken is my most favorite show everyday.

What? Since when it is a fight? And decided I'm the "winner"?

SenpieX said:
Just say that you love boku no pico or school days is the best romance anime if you wanna start world war.

Someone's gonna die in the dark alley... xD
Nov 19, 2016 9:28 AM

Mar 2014
_Ako_ said:
Darek said:

It's the best shit, because it is somewhat hard to tell if one user says, "otaku" in Western derogatory term or in a Japanese kind of context, personally, I have been somewhat hard on this and still have to think it through... xD

honestly while the original word means something else. many if not most japanese also use it to discribe big fans of anime/manga/games, even though knowing the traditional meaning is diffrent.
guess it has to do with how meanings of words can change over time
M.P.D.S./F.O.A.D.
Nov 19, 2016 9:49 AM

Feb 2015
gizter13 said:
_Ako_ said:

honestly while the original word means something else. many if not most japanese also use it to discribe big fans of anime/manga/games, even though knowing the traditional meaning is diffrent.
guess it has to do with how meanings of words can change over time

Like I said, I too am somewhat confused with this shit. It doesn't mean that the words can go both ways because the meaning itself is different, but the users who use the word in such way, makes it harder... xD

To be honest, I don't or haven't used that in a sentence, or like call someone like that, I prefer saying, not very vague words like "fan" or "love anime" kinda those lines.
Nov 19, 2016 10:32 AM

Oct 2015
Well, I'm Asexual so I don't find anybody attractive. As for female Otaku I have know a few in real life and they were as much fun to be around as the male Otaku.
Nov 19, 2016 11:03 AM
Oct 2016
Lol I only like otakus if they're hot or they pay for my love. I love myself a lot.
Nov 19, 2016 11:38 AM

Oct 2014
I haven't really met anyone that would qualify as an otaku, in the sense that they are extreme anime lovers - I know a lot of people who watch a show or two, but they aren't super super into it to be called otaku, so I really wouldn't know actually. I think it's fine as long as you're not harming anyone.

Nov 19, 2016 1:02 PM

Apr 2015
They have boobs and a vagina, I guess?
Nov 19, 2016 1:25 PM

Jun 2016
Definitely sounds like a personal problem then again its not easy to fix self hatred. Good luck with that one I guess.
Nov 19, 2016 1:34 PM

Nov 2016
I'm a female anime fan, and most of my friends/family don't know that I (still) watch anime because I don't really talk about it. They think anime is chinese cartoons.

But that doesn't make me hate myself for loving anime or think less of the opposite sex for being otaku. You shouldn't either :).
"In this world, evil can arise from the best of intentions. And there is good which can come from evil intentions"
Nov 19, 2016 1:35 PM

Mar 2016
I once liked/attracted to a female otaku, I have no problem with her hobby. Honestly, I met her in my first gathering in my manga club back then in 2012.

As time passed, I found out that she is a fujoshi who has a bunch male x male romance manga imported from Japan, still have no problem with it. But once I found out she was not interested in actual relationship at all, I gave up after told her my feeling the way she couldn't understand.

I was a hardcore otaku back then. No, I was a weaboo, and I am ashamed remember my old self at first. But I started to accept my past.
"People who don't see that anime has changed are either wearing "glasses" or watching only a certain type (and or era) of anime"
"Having a low mean score doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't enjoy anime. Rating system is not a school grading system."
"Elitist is people who think he is superior than others. Not necessarily ones who insulting/critisizing your favorite anime or people who enjoy a certain type of anime"
"Fanboy is people who translating "your favorite anime is shit" into "you are shit".
"Being a fanboy is an indication of elitism"
Nov 19, 2016 1:45 PM

Oct 2014
Mayling said:
I'm a female anime fan, and most of my friends/family don't know that I (still) watch anime because I don't really talk about it. They think anime is chinese cartoons.

It can kinda be a bummer when your close ones don't really get what you like - on this side it's games. Anime's pretty common in Southeast Asian culture thankfully.

I actually do know one person who used to be a major weeb, she's in Canada now. Good friend. Don't think anyone thought less of her for her hobby.

Nov 19, 2016 1:55 PM

Nov 2016
johnxfire said:
Mayling said:

It can kinda be a bummer when your close ones don't really get what you like - on this side it's games. Anime's pretty common in Southeast Asian culture thankfully.

I actually do know one person who used to be a major weeb, she's in Canada now. Good friend. Don't think anyone thought less of her for her hobby.

Hahah that meme! xD

Yeah I don't really think my family or friends would mind that much, since they already think I'm weird enough haha. Good that it's common in Asia, in Norway it's not really well known at all.
"In this world, evil can arise from the best of intentions. And there is good which can come from evil intentions"
Nov 19, 2016 2:01 PM

Aug 2015
It depends on the person, not whether she has a certain trait like "being an otaku". No, I would not mind dating one, if I really love her.
Nov 19, 2016 2:35 PM

Jun 2016
One of the reasons I got into anime was that some girls I liked were into it and convinced me to go to a local convention.
Nov 19, 2016 4:38 PM
Dec 2014
I have quite a few female (anime/manga/games) otaku friends, many more acquaintance from the various circles I joined when I studied in an university in Japan, dated one in the past, so yeah, perfectly fine with it. It's not like they are all the same anyway (ditto for male otaku of course) personality wise, and it is nice being able to just talk about anime, go to comiket/other anime conventions.

Unlike many male members in the circle I've joined though, it is not a -requirement- for a girl to be into this hobby for me to be interested, and I won't even say that it's necessarily a major plus, but it's certainly not minus either (assuming nothing too extreme about their personality - but I've not had that issue so far).

As for myself, I am very comfortable with the otaku side of me. It probably help that I have enough self-esteem, justified by how I feel my life is going so far, the many otaku friends I have working in professional fields, that I do not to really worry that some people would look down me for what I enjoy as a hobby. In one of my previous jobs at a real estate investment firm, I was asked during an interview about some of my interests. And while I could stop at just sharing my "cooler" or more "intellectual" hobbies, I made sure to also mention that I like anime and games. The interviewer then asked if I was an otaku (this was an interview in Japanese so it was the term used), to which I confidently replied that it is certainly a part of me. I can't exactly tell what went to his head at that moment, but it certainly didn't cost me the job opportunity.
Nov 19, 2016 7:03 PM
Oct 2016
female otakus are awesome. i don't know what you're talking about m8
Nov 19, 2016 7:33 PM

Jan 2011
I met some hot ones. They're pretty fuckable. Why you asking such a silly question?
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Nov 19, 2016 7:41 PM

Dec 2009
Just because someone is a very big fan of a certain art doesn't mean they're ugly or weird.

Nothing wrong with being a fan of anime/manga/visual novel/japanese light novel/vocaloid/figurines/posters/accessories/cons/etc. whatever it is.

I'm a mild male otaku. Big fan of anime/manga. Watch/read fairly often. Played less than 10 visual novels. I'm not collecting yet but I do have 3 manga volumes. Not really a fan of figurines. Got very few posters. Completed over 300 anime and over 150 manga. Fan of some vocaloid. Read very few Japanese light novels.

Finally on Topic. What I think about a Female Otaku? ..... How can I not like another fan of anime/manga?

Horrible way of asking man. Horrible view you have, grow up.
P.S. you're surrounded by bad people or don't look at the right places. Or like I said, grow up. You're closed-minded.
Nov 19, 2016 7:50 PM

Dec 2009
I don't know about you guys but I've never seen the hate against "Otaku" or anime/manga fans. IMO its weak as fuck and non-existent.

I don't know where you guys go or talk to think people see Otaku as whatever the fuck you think they do.
Nov 19, 2016 8:49 PM

Dec 2014
Avid anime fans, but to what degree? The truly hardcore one? The one watched countless titles? The own-labelling otaku?
Because I have a female friend, she's anime fan too. Watched countless titles (heck, maybe greater than mine) and read so many mangas as well. She reads manga during class man. What do I think? Nothing specific. She still behaves normal, unlike the so-called Otaku wannabes who insert Japanese words in each lines.

"Wielding one's blade out of duty alone is what it means to be a captain. Wielding one's blade out of hatred is nothing more than petty violence. That is not what we would consider battle."
Nov 20, 2016 11:51 AM

Sep 2016
Women who like anime are cool, as long as they're not creepily obsessed with it I see absolutely no problem at all. Hell I'd much rather go out with somebody I can talk about geeky shit to than not relate to at all, if (and a big if) she has a wonderful personality and is average/reasonably attractive. Why wouldn't I enjoy it?

But if we're talking about somebody who likes anime but doesn't share any other of my interests/has some sort of personality disorder, is emotionally draining and lets anime take over their lives, then that's a real nope for me.

(My ex was a huge anime fan, which I thought was cool. But then I got to know her more as a human being.)
Talk shit to me and so help me fucking god, I'll come over there and do absolutely nothing.
Nov 20, 2016 2:21 PM

Jun 2015
My only problem are the otaku who are plain cringey.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2016 4:05 PM

Oct 2012
Female nerds are hella attractive, but only if they don't go into cringe territory. By that I mean they have to have some sense of social appropriateness.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Nov 21, 2016 4:08 AM

Apr 2013
Female anime fans are nice, I found them to be much easier to get along with than with "normal" women. The more I have in common with a girl the better imo, so I'd prefer to have a female "oktau" as a girlfriend.
Jan 24, 2018 2:59 PM
Aug 2017
All I wanna do is meet a female otaku because I haven't talked to a girl before other than my sister, because I am the most different person ever. I like anime. Nobody else does. I like metal music. Everyone hates metal. Add on top an antisocial... You've got a social outcast.
Jan 24, 2018 5:04 PM

Apr 2017
katsucats said:
Female nerds are hella attractive, but only if they don't go into cringe territory. By that I mean they have to have some sense of social appropriateness.

I know it is kind of a shitty reply, but I agree with it.

I mean, the male guidebook says that a woman is allowed to be crazy or weird as long as she is equally atractive. And yes, if one is too cringy (male or female I guess) it is not attractive.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2018 7:08 PM
Jul 2018
If I will ever get a girlfriend or get married , she MUST be an otaku ofc.
Jan 24, 2018 7:10 PM

Feb 2010
just the same as any other fan of media just because we enjoy the same media doesn't mean we watch the same shows.

you can be a fan of live action and not enjoy the same type of live action.

what does being a girl have to do with anime? you like something or you don't that is life.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - 56 minutes ago

1 by Hikinekomori »»
14 minutes ago

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - 22 minutes ago

0 by Enderobot »»
22 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - 9 hours ago

19 by MalchikRepaid »»
43 minutes ago

» Do you post your own original artwork onto social media?

DesuMaiden - Apr 10

23 by Lost_Viking »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - 7 hours ago

11 by Lost_Viking »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.