Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 16, 2016 2:24 PM

May 2008
I THINK I MIGHT CRY.
Nov 16, 2016 2:24 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Literally everyone's reaction

Nov 16, 2016 2:25 PM

Aug 2016
I already got myself spoiled on the bed scene and kiss BUT STILL!! my heart couldn't stop beating through the whole damn episode. Sooo intense! I thought this show couldn't get any better after ep 6 but heeeere comes ep7. I'm so proud of little katsudon, this guy never fails to amaze me! also did anyone else notice seme yuri in the preview ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I loved all the skaters performances and their stories behind their performance (boo chris you scared me) and look at that pitchit gooooo <3
can't wait for next week: yuri vs yuri :D
Nov 16, 2016 2:30 PM

Apr 2015
If you're not sure if it was a kiss or not, someone in Tumblr had a very good point: "Victor said to Yuuri, 'This was the only thing I could think of to surprise you more than you surprised me.' A hug would not surprise Yuuri. They kissed."

Fantastic episode! Not just because of the kiss but emotionally so well-written.
BL as for "Boys Licking"
Nov 16, 2016 2:30 PM
Oct 2014
My heart stopped when Victor went for Yuri!!! I almost jumped off my bed because of the excitement i felt!! Somehow i felt really happy to see that hug :D

But for real now did they just kissed for real or was it just a hug that looked like they kissed? O.o
This is sooooooo confusing!
Nov 16, 2016 2:33 PM

Dec 2013
Great episode again , I was more nervous then Yuri him self ,He is going in the right direction great, little BL for the ladies at the end why not 😜😜😜
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2016 2:33 PM

Jan 2012
The animation looks much better than the last 2 eps :D

And that "kiss" scene!!!!!!!!! Although I doubt they actually kissed, it was still so great I screamed out loud hahaha

Anyway about the other skaters, Russia dude performance is still quite interesting lol Poor dude though hahah
Nov 16, 2016 2:34 PM
Sep 2014

mfw censored kiss
Nov 16, 2016 2:35 PM
Dec 2015
Ahahaha I'm too much of a bubbly mess to say something intelligent... but yeah, now it looks like it's within the realm of possibility for this to turn into a canon relationship ^_^ Yuri's performance was pretty cool too, I really like how they portray his swaying self-esteem.

Aug 2012
Loved this episode!!! That ending definitely had me hanging on the edge of my seat but what a happy way to wrap up an episode !

The kiss scene seems to be a big topic of discussion, but I think my favorite part might actually have been when Yuuri wants Viktor to believe he can win. I feel like in that scene that their relationship became more meaningful and emotional. As much as I like the lighthearted (and usually shippy) moments, I had been wanting this anime to further expand on how they interact outside of that. I think back to their conversation, I think in episode 4, when Viktor had asked what Yuuri wants him to be to him. I feel like it might be overshadowed by The Kiss Scene but that's probably the highlight I'll be taking from this episode.

I liked the other skaters this time around (except for you, Chris), though I feel like Leo had been pushed aside this time around. Georgi's perfomance sure was something. Also very excited that Yurio's finally gonna be back!!
me being hit with responsibilities
Jun 2016
did they kiss? I want them too and hope they did, but when you see them it looks more like just a really deep hug as victors head is past Yuri.
Nov 16, 2016 2:41 PM
Nov 2016
This episode was amazing! WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW.
Nov 16, 2016 2:45 PM

Oct 2012
Y'KNOW
IT'S THE FOURTH TIME I'M WATCHING IT
AND I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE?
I MEAN, IT MEANS THEY'RE CANNON? BECAUSE THEY KISSED?
I MEAN... I MEAN................. I MEAN????????
I'M NOT FOLLOWING IT ANYMORE
I WANT TO BE HAPPY LIKE EVERYONE ELSE IS BUT I'M JUST LIKE "BUT THAT REALLY MEANS THAT THEY LOVE EACH OTHER AND ARE TOGETHTER AND STUFF?"
I THINK THIS IS A RESULT OF SO MANY YEARS SUFFERING WITH QUEERBAIT
SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME. SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME IT'S REAL AND THAT I'M NOT CRAZY.
NO SERIOUSLY WHAT IS HAPPENING?
WHO AM I
Nov 16, 2016 2:47 PM
Jun 2015
So is anyone else concerned that this is going to end really badly for one/both of them? The show's comedic enough that I'm not convinced someone's going to die yet, but for a relationship with as little build up* as this one happening mid way through, I can't see a happy ending.

*(Edit to clarify: As in, yes it was obviously coming, but it basically went from 'strangers' to 'ready to jump each other' with the bare minimal steps vaguely stated in between that and 'actually jumping each other'.)
Nov 16, 2016 2:51 PM

Aug 2016
OMG OMG OMG OMG

I'M SCREAMING

AHHHH THIS IS SO GAY
Nov 16, 2016 2:52 PM

Oct 2012
The way they run to each other, the way that Yuri wonders what he thought about his performance
The way they hug/kiss and look at each other
THIS IS GAY RIGHT
THIS HAVE TO BE GAY
RIGHT
LIKE... THIS IS GAY RIGHT JAPAN? THIS. IS. GAY
PLEASE JUST MAKE THEM UPDATE THEIR RELATIONSHIP STATUS ON FACEBOOK OR SMTHG SO I CAN BE SURE
Nov 16, 2016 2:54 PM

Mar 2013

I choked on the air when I saw that scene. Help I can't breathe 6((((≧▽≦))))9

Nov 16, 2016 2:55 PM
Nov 2016
That episode was beautiful!!! i fangirled for like an hour after it. Oh my goodness Victor x Yuri forever!
Nov 16, 2016 2:58 PM
Jun 2014
Life is making fun of me right now... I know it's 1 A.M. where I live , but I didn't think I am that tired so I would vote "Hated it" instead of "Loved it" ._. The skating was mesmerizing, their movements flowed so beautifully and then, then.. the kiss, I literally hyperventilated *-* I have to learn how to breathe again...
Nov 16, 2016 2:58 PM

Jan 2010
-Luhui said:

I choked on the air when I saw that scene. Help I can't breathe 6((((≧▽≦))))9

i know!!! the way they gaze into each other's eyes too.
i'm pretty sure my soul transcended my body.
Nov 16, 2016 3:00 PM
Aug 2016
I mean I started crying after Yuuri started crying, then it all escalated in his presentation THE AMOUNT OF CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, at this point I truly fell in love with Yuuri both because I relate to him so much and because I grew to admire him. The kiss was set at a phenomenal moment, incredibly happy and surprised that they put it in the fucking middle of the season, Sayo Yamamoto got it done HER WAY and I couldn't be happier.

To any idiot that legit believes it wasn't a kiss, I mean it sucks that you don't get just how stupid that scene would be if it wasn't a kiss, where would the climax of the episode be? The only way the moment Victor and Yuuri shared makes sense is with a kiss.

This anime WILL make history, I am positive of it because it went were no other anime has dared to go (proper seasonal anime that isn't yaoi nor shonen ai and still has an open homosexual relationship in which romance is the main topic) and it's also the most watched show of the season, there's so much more to come now that everyone is aware that well-written shows with queer characters SELL, queer baiting will still be a thing no doubt but now we might get shows that actually give a fuck and go all the way without being just "another silly yaoi"
Nov 16, 2016 3:03 PM

May 2009
When am I gonna get a relationship this perfect ;__;
Nov 16, 2016 3:03 PM

Apr 2016
Haven't watched the ep. but the internet went crazy about the ''kiss'' was that a real kiss or just bait.If it's bait then meh...
Nov 16, 2016 3:06 PM
Mar 2013
longestyeahboy10hours.jpg

I'm so glad they kissed <3
When's the wedding?
Nov 16, 2016 3:09 PM

Jan 2010
AkiraScrolls said:
I mean I started crying after Yuuri started crying, then it all escalated in his presentation

Yes.. A crying Yuuri was incredibly emotional for me too. he's always been my favorite for being so relatable.
But also, i really loved that despite his crying he outwardly spoke his mind despite literally crying crocodile tears. It was like " Victor how on earth would you think pitting an ultimatum against me was motivating?!"

Ugh, the scene still hurts me TT_TT.
Nov 16, 2016 3:11 PM

Dec 2014
So, I had to rewatch this episode right away instead of waiting a few days. And now I've finally calmed down a bit. ;-P

Was a really nice episode.
I feel like the animation quality slightly increased again though not so much. But the kiss scene was really well done.
The episode was pretty emotional with Yuri being nervous and Victor not knowing how to put him at ease. Also Yuri crying and telling Victor to just stay by his side and believe more in his winning than he himself does. It's kind of awkward seeing serious scenes like these in Yuri on Ice but I'd definitely not mind seeing more serious stuff.

So the Russian Yuri is jealous? I couldn't quite find out what his problem is right now. Is it because he just wants Victor to appreciate him or because of their kiss? Maybe something else?

Looking forward to next week!
Nov 16, 2016 3:12 PM
Aug 2016
Oh man! I'm so excited and happy right now! I need some time to compose myself.

When Viktor made Yuri cry it broke my heart. Like what are you doing?! But the way Yuri expressed what he needed then was beautiful.
(Others already said perfectly how great this scene was).

And yeah, that ending. I can't even right now xD I ship Victuri so hard <3
(Also, look at Yuri's mother happy face when she sees them kiss.)

Gotta rewatch the episode though as I so was anxious watching it I didn't pay enough attention to all the performances. It was hinted very hard that a kiss might happen this episode so I was waiting for it the entire time wondering if they actually would.
AkiKitazawaNov 16, 2016 4:17 PM
Nov 16, 2016 3:13 PM

Nov 2010
2016 redemption arc.
I feel so cleansed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2016 3:16 PM

Aug 2009
This episode just saved my whole year
Nov 16, 2016 3:17 PM
Aug 2011
They are adorable.

I love their conversations and body language, especially that scene with Victor's ultimatum. That was 100% real talk.
Nov 16, 2016 3:21 PM

Nov 2012
honestly, i applauded. my expectations have been exceeded and overturned. also phichit deserved that win but wow this episode felt like a complete victor-y (lmao)
Nov 16, 2016 3:23 PM

Feb 2013
WHAAAAAAAAT was that a kiss? It was a kiss, RIGHT? Omg I'm fangirling so hard right now.
Nov 16, 2016 3:24 PM

Oct 2011
That kiss was unexpected. Well done, Victor... Well done!

Zachirina said:
WHEN YOU THOUGHT THIS COULDN'T GET ANY GAYER

Every week is a surprise. lol
Nov 16, 2016 3:27 PM
Aug 2015
MY LONGEST YEAH BOIIIIIIIIIIII

THEY KISSED IM

great episode and i don't get how people are denying the kiss
Nov 16, 2016 3:31 PM

Mar 2012
ANIME IS SAVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 16, 2016 3:33 PM

Jul 2016
OMG!
I did not expect it!
Nov 16, 2016 3:34 PM
Jan 2011
No point speaking how I feel because my voice ruined by all the screaming I did.
Nov 16, 2016 3:41 PM

Mar 2013
eien_kiseki said:
No point speaking how I feel because my voice ruined by all the screaming I did.

Exactly my thoughts.
Nov 16, 2016 3:44 PM

Jun 2015
actual gay? good, good
Nov 16, 2016 3:44 PM

Apr 2014
Loogs said:
childofnike said:
Holy... This was definitely the most emotional episode so far, and just... Wow. Yuri's breakdown and later on Victor's reaction to his performance, not to mention the kiss? Honestly, it's been ages since I've last felt that emotional :,)

And to all of you who are still arguing that it wasn't an actual kiss: If we look at the facts (Victor's line afterwards, audience's reaction), it would seem logical to think it indeed was actually a kiss. Also, it would be a big step for us to have a gay couple in a sports anime, and implying that it would be unthinkable just seems homophobic to me.

I get it if you think that they maybe didn't kiss because it wasn't a hundred percent clear what happened there, but, as I already said, brushing it off as 'queer-baiting' just because you think non-straight relationships shouldn't happen is something a close-minded and homophobic person would do. (And if you are one, then I don't really understand why you are watching this anime in the first place.)

I'm a doubter, but I'm also gay and sorely needing more representation. The reason I'm skeptical is mostly because this is an anime, and those aren't exactly known for good LGBT characters, especially gay men. Sports anime, however, is definitely known for copious amounts of fujobait. That's what I went into this show expecting, and now I have no idea what it is. Is it what I expected, albeit taken to a level way above anything else I've seen, or is it what I wanted and I'm too clouded by cynicism to see it? This is something I need concrete confirmation of because it could still go either way.

dude, they literally kissed.
Nov 16, 2016 3:47 PM
Aug 2016
Also that preview:

Nov 16, 2016 3:56 PM

Aug 2012
I really, REALLY screamed "EEEEEHHHH???" and blushed like crazy! I don´t know if it was a kiss or just a super tight hug, but it was adorable anyways. Also, I´m glad Yuuri let his feelings out before his performance.

Young Victor so cute, too~~ Chris was too excited again lol And poor Popovich, definitely dumped... Yurio, don´t spoil your food :v
Corrupted_SorrowNov 16, 2016 4:00 PM
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Nov 16, 2016 4:01 PM

Feb 2013
BTW it looks like 4 people didn't like the kiss at all. AYY LMAO.
Nov 16, 2016 4:02 PM
Nov 2016
It's pretty obvious (to me at least, because of how I'm thinking) that Yuri and Victor DID kiss. For one, Victor says that he did what he did so he could SURPRISE Yuri. And, unless I am just being dumb, a HUG wouldn't surprise him. Victor has hugged him before, and Yuri has hugged (or wanted to hug) Victor before. So, in my eyes, in order to surprise him, Victor would have to do something bigger than just a hug.
Nov 16, 2016 4:05 PM

Jul 2014
OMFG that was so wow <3 my heart can't take it anymore
Nov 16, 2016 4:08 PM

May 2009
This episode gave me life. I can't wait for the rest of the series!
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/angelfire892&sclick=1">
Being sane is over rated :)
Nov 16, 2016 4:08 PM

Jun 2008
Didn't think there would be an episode so soon that would top the previous ones. Each episode there has been at least one scene that made my heart stop, episode 7 was by far the worst for my fragile heart.

I was spoiled for the bed scene and I thought that would be the highlight of the episode, but no, this happened only at the beginning.
I really enjoyed Ji Guang-Hong's performance and his performance's story was entertaining as well. Too bad Chris's beautifully animated butt didn't make an appearance this time.

I feel like I'm the only one (or at least one of the few) who isn't really interested in Phichit. We haven't seen that much of him yet, but for now I will blame the awful CG animation for most performances. Eh...

Yuuri crying makes me cry too. And Yuuri telling Viktor his fears is so heartbreaking and amazing at the same time. "Just have more faith that I'll win than I do!"

And then his performance! I really enjoyed how he commented his jumps and his thoughts during the performance. It was beautifully animated and very emotional, had me more hooked to the screen than the time he competed against Yurio. And everyone's reactions when he did the quadruple flip, especially Viktor's!!

Oh, and the kiss.

That ffing kiss.

"This was the only thing I could think of to surprise you more than you've surprised me." I really hope Viktor's only intention wasn't just to surprise him. Because we've all been waiting for this moment, didn't really expect it so soon, tbh. I had trouble breathing for a good ten minutes after first seeing it (and then a few times more which I probably shouldn't have done). But the way they're looking at each other so lovingy gives me some hope? Let's hope!

Beautiful BEAUTIFUL episode!

Can't wait for Yurio to have more screen time!
Nov 16, 2016 4:10 PM

May 2014
lmao at all the people in denial. they fucking kissed. and it was adorable. i need more of this.

sugarkillsall said:
It's pretty obvious (to me at least, because of how I'm thinking) that Yuri and Victor DID kiss. For one, Victor says that he did what he did so he could SURPRISE Yuri. And, unless I am just being dumb, a HUG wouldn't surprise him. Victor has hugged him before, and Yuri has hugged (or wanted to hug) Victor before. So, in my eyes, in order to surprise him, Victor would have to do something bigger than just a hug.

exactly. also, why would the audience go "woooow omggg" at a hug? it's common sense.
Nov 16, 2016 4:14 PM

Apr 2009
Loogs said:
childofnike said:
Holy... This was definitely the most emotional episode so far, and just... Wow. Yuri's breakdown and later on Victor's reaction to his performance, not to mention the kiss? Honestly, it's been ages since I've last felt that emotional :,)

And to all of you who are still arguing that it wasn't an actual kiss: If we look at the facts (Victor's line afterwards, audience's reaction), it would seem logical to think it indeed was actually a kiss. Also, it would be a big step for us to have a gay couple in a sports anime, and implying that it would be unthinkable just seems homophobic to me.

I get it if you think that they maybe didn't kiss because it wasn't a hundred percent clear what happened there, but, as I already said, brushing it off as 'queer-baiting' just because you think non-straight relationships shouldn't happen is something a close-minded and homophobic person would do. (And if you are one, then I don't really understand why you are watching this anime in the first place.)

I'm a doubter, but I'm also gay and sorely needing more representation. The reason I'm skeptical is mostly because this is an anime, and those aren't exactly known for good LGBT characters, especially gay men. Sports anime, however, is definitely known for copious amounts of fujobait. That's what I went into this show expecting, and now I have no idea what it is. Is it what I expected, albeit taken to a level way above anything else I've seen, or is it what I wanted and I'm too clouded by cynicism to see it? This is something I need concrete confirmation of because it could still go either way.

I mean I get what you are trying to say, but unless Yamamoto Sayo is some sort of Hideyuki Kurata on steroid and it's planning a one long season trolling, I think it's clear that with this anime she gives no fuck about anything and she's making it as gay as she can.

(Also Mr. Japan wrote stuff like Shimanami Tasogare and Fata Morgana, and N.6 aired some years ago, they are not Saudia Arabia lol)

Beside, you know what they say, if it quacks like a duck...

Nov 16, 2016 4:16 PM

Mar 2016
This was such a beautiful episode. I felt awful seeing Yuri all worried like that but he cried it out like a champ and put on a good performance which was touching to see. I like that he's slowly improving both his programs as the competition goes on rather than nailing them both right off the bat but it makes me antsy to see him nail all the jumps in his free program. Hopefully in the Russian cup, although there's still the Grand Prix final.

Victor and Yuri are really great together, they have good chemistry and seem to be in such a healthy sort of relationship. At this point I'm not really doubting that they're in love (whether they clearly state it or not it's inferred far too heavily to be dismissed as queerbait now) and I love seeing them support and console each other, it's absolutely wonderful. This is a fantastic feel good kind of show which I certainly need during this rough semester lol.
RellexiaNov 16, 2016 4:51 PM
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2016

383 by Username-copied »»
Jan 12, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2016

549 by gswelcome »»
Jan 2, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2016

225 by Shiro3Sama »»
Nov 25, 2022 1:11 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2016

191 by SRKen »»
Nov 22, 2022 3:10 PM

» YURI ON ICE is Underrated.. why some people hate it!?

Sandro8604 - Jan 13, 2022

41 by CornflakeSnow »»
Nov 16, 2022 11:53 AM