Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 16, 2016 9:44 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The competition is tense. Not a big fan of Christophe myself but he has a lot of talent.
I find it interesting how the show explores a little about his past as well, like when Victor first gave him some flowers.

Georgi's performance was also appealing. I think in general, the audience got captivated by the different unique styles. Personally, I was quite impressed by the choreography used for Georgi's performance. Also quite impressed by Yuri's performance this episode as well. I think he was able to build on the momentum to go beyond his limits.

Very entertaining episode! The embrace by Victor to Yuri at the end was gold.
Nov 16, 2016 10:02 AM

Jan 2013
Holy shit, I think victor and yuuri kissed at the end!!
Yuuri's skating was so good! The other's were ok but the animation was kinda meh.
Looking forward to the next ep!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2016 10:12 AM
Apr 2015
I loved the kissing scene. Set up as a typical shoujo romance kissing scene. :)) <3 Love wins!
Nov 16, 2016 10:18 AM

Apr 2011
Omgsh my heart skipped a beat near the end.... Was it a kiss!? Was it a hug!? WHAT HAPPENED IDK WHAT TO FEEL! All I can think about is that scene ;__; THIS ANIME IS SUCH A TEASE!!

On another note it seems like they used CG for all the skaters except for Yuri... the animation for Yuri's FS was very well done though so was worth it!
Nov 16, 2016 10:59 AM
Apr 2015
RoseyFanFan said:
Omgsh my heart skipped a beat near the end.... Was it a kiss!? Was it a hug!? WHAT HAPPENED IDK WHAT TO FEEL! All I can think about is that scene ;__; THIS ANIME IS SUCH A TEASE!!

On another note it seems like they used CG for all the skaters except for Yuri... the animation for Yuri's FS was very well done though so was worth it!
"""Censored""" kiss. No debate here.

Everything is set up as a typical anime kissing scene you'd see in other (heterosexual romance) anime: Viktor 'jumping' on Yuuri and wrapping his arms around Yuuri's neck, the slow motion zoom-in on Viktor's lips getting closer and closer to Yuuri's, Yuuri's face is red from excitement, Viktor's eyes are lidded, Viktor's eyes close, camera zooms in on Yuuri's eyes widening in surprise in response to the feeling of Viktor's lips on his, the camera zooms out, showing the dramatic slow-motion fall of both Viktor & Yuuri... on Ice (no pun intended). Then after the kiss comes the embrace, the blushing cheeks and the lovestruck eyes looking into each other.

The audience gasps.

Gay gay gay, so gay!
lizebutnotrizeNov 16, 2016 11:41 AM
Nov 16, 2016 11:11 AM

Dec 2014
In conclusion we can say that Victuuri is canon and it happened in the sport anime, thanks god people will stop saying that yoi is a queerbaiting anime. :")
on the other hand everyone else programs were really great!
Nov 16, 2016 11:35 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014

I can't believe this, oh shit.
Nov 16, 2016 11:40 AM

Oct 2011
They... kissed?

Holy shit I can't believe it's actually happening.
Nov 16, 2016 11:55 AM
Sep 2014
Omg. Is Just omg. Beautiful. The programs were also quite beautiful in this ep. Im proud of Phuchit for the first place though.
Also was that a kiss?
sluysNov 16, 2016 1:08 PM
Nov 16, 2016 12:01 PM

Nov 2012

they kissed,they kissed,they kissed 30 character blah blah
VanishingKiraNov 16, 2016 12:07 PM
Nov 16, 2016 12:11 PM

Mar 2015
I haven't seen the episode yet. But if they actually* kissed, I might consider deleting my MAL account.

*a real kiss, not something that vaguely looks like a kiss if you turn your head 180 degrees and drink a bottle of vodka while wearing shipping goggles.
HelenusNov 16, 2016 12:25 PM
Nov 16, 2016 12:23 PM

Mar 2013
VanishingKira said:

they kissed,they kissed,they kissed 30 character blah blah

that stopped my heart for a second when I say it. also this whole series is starting to get way too intense I can barely handle it.
Nov 16, 2016 12:25 PM

Apr 2013
BOY THEY DID IT (i hope)
KingOriaxNov 16, 2016 5:35 PM
Nov 16, 2016 12:28 PM

Aug 2009
DREAMSSSS DO COME TRUEEEEEEEEEEE

SOMEONE HOLD MEEEEEEEEE
Nov 16, 2016 12:28 PM
Jul 2013
That kiss surprised me. At least I think it was one.
Nov 16, 2016 12:31 PM

Jun 2014
This episode blew me away! Incredible!
:3
Nov 16, 2016 12:32 PM

Oct 2015
It happened! I'm so happy! Yay Japan!!!
We were born to make gay history, lol.
Nov 16, 2016 12:34 PM

Sep 2014
The animation has improved! Just in time for one of the best episodes and the best performance by Yuri so far!

RoseyFanFan said:

I'm pretty sure it wasn't cg, but there was definitely more effort put into the animation for Yuri's performance.
Nov 16, 2016 12:36 PM
Sep 2016
This was a beautiful episode. The animation of the coreoagraphy was better than episodes 2-6 for all the competitors, in my opinion.

I can tell you that I don't feel like the kiss was enough to redeem the fanservice. I need an actual conversation I think. Maybe for Victor to be a little bit more dimensional. Well, at least no one can say it's queer baiting.

The scene that really got me going was the crying one. It was beautiful, the animation, what Victor and Yuri were thinking, how they expressed themselves. Characterisation was on point there. I'm kinda sad that it will not be remembered, as it happened in the same episode of The Kiss (tm).

Helenus said:
I haven't seen the episode yet. But if they actually* kissed, I might consider deleting my MAL account.

*a real kiss, not something that vaguely looks like a kiss if you turn your head 180 degrees and drink a bottle of vodka while wearing shipping goggles.

Wtf. Why? What does one has to do with the other?
Nov 16, 2016 12:39 PM

Sep 2010
I...did not see that coming…but daaaamn, I love it!
am a bit upset Yuri didn't win gold, but the 'kiss' compensates for everything XD
Nov 16, 2016 12:40 PM

Sep 2010
alpha_shadow said:
This episode blew me away! Incredible!

that makes 2 of us, hope that we get more soon

Jun 2015
wow does that mean victor meant it when he asked if he should kiss yuri to cheer up? ;>

Sep 2014
I'm surprised so many people think they kissed, I thought it was clear the anime is just trolling us, could be wrong but doubt it.

Mar 2015
Cativa said:

Helenus said:

I made a bet in the other thread. If they will end up as a canon couple, I will delete my account. I was (and somehow still am) absolutely sure they were just queer-baiting the whole time lol
Nov 16, 2016 12:41 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Best episode of the year next to Re:Zero episode 15. I don't even care about animation anymore. The way they express their stories on the ice is the most mindblowing part.

I was especially stunned during the imagery of the chinese skater, that just looked brilliant.

Phichit and Chris had no mistakes in their free skate, but Phichit snatched it from Chris! I'm honestly surprised :D

I'm sad though that Georgi messed up on his performance, he is a really cool character who expresses his feelings the most on the ice.

The build up to Yuri's performance was amazing, him crying when Viktor told him he would retire almost broke me. But then, THAT SCENE HAPPENED AT THE END! OH MY GOD, i didn't think they would do that!

Quite possibly, this could blow up now immensely due to that scene.
Nov 16, 2016 12:41 PM

Sep 2010
Neromon said:
I'm surprised so many people think they kissed, I thought it was clear the anime is just trolling us, could be wrong but doubt it.

people think that way because they want YurixVictor to be canon :)
I am one of them btw
Nov 16, 2016 12:44 PM

Mar 2016
screaMMMIIINNNNGGGGGGG

Yuri and Victor are canon
Nov 16, 2016 12:45 PM

Nov 2010
My tender little heart D: Beautiful!
Nov 16, 2016 12:48 PM

Sep 2015
well my eyes were WIDE open, I wasn't ready for this (I don't think they kissed tho)
That's too bad he fell 2 times during the free program

Hyped for Yuri vs Yurie !
Nov 16, 2016 12:51 PM
Nov 2015
my brain still can't comprehend what just happened ???
DID THEY ACTUALLY KISS I CANT EVEN
Victuuri is canon. Ohmygod. I love it so much it hurts.
magilouNov 17, 2016 8:10 PM
Nov 16, 2016 12:52 PM

Dec 2014
Excellent episode, This was really really good.

Amazing performances coming out from everyone, Some of them might have messed up certain parts but every performance was stunning.
I absolutely love how each of these skaters express their emotions during the skate.

The build up towards Yuri's performance was really good, Starting from his confidence issues to Victor trying to console him and eventually making Yuri cry. I have to admit that I started laughing when Victor made him cry. XD
It was really nice how Yuri told Victor that all he wanted was for Victor to believe that he'd win no matter what. Yuri even consoled Victor before the performance.

The beginning of Yuri's performance with him smiling and thinking about how the crying relieved him, How he could surprise Victor more, along with the flashback with him saying he'll win the Grand Prix was amazing. The soundtrack or rather the beginning of 'Yuri on Ice' fit so well for that particular scene. I don't know, For some reason I got so emotional as all this played out and I saw Yuri out there trying his very best. Yuri's entire performance was just incredible.

Wait, So they actually kissed? I thought it was just bait. XDD
So we're officially Yaoi on Ice now? XDD
Nov 16, 2016 12:54 PM

Mar 2015
I saw the very scene just now. Nothing to worry. The angle just made it seem like they kissed. At least in my opinion.
Nov 16, 2016 12:55 PM

Nov 2007
Nice episode...the animation looked better, the programs were nice too. I loved the scene in the parking lot. And the kiss (let's say it was one).
Nov 16, 2016 12:57 PM

Apr 2012
OMG I'M CRYING!!! I'M CRYING LIKE A LITTLE BITCH I CAN'T EVEN---
Okay, so. Great episode, from the beautiful performances to the KISS FFS!!!! DAT KISS!!!!!
And now I have to wait a whole week after that??????? o.O

But okay okay I see you skeptical people... Let's say they didn't actually kiss because we didn't see it blablabla, alright, then look at THEIR FACES AFTER THAT!!! Doesn't even matter if they kissed or not, how they look at eachother tells everything.

oh and also jealous little Yurio gives me life xD
OokamiRisuNov 16, 2016 1:01 PM
Nov 16, 2016 12:58 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Black_wind said:
Nice episode...the animation looked better, the programs were nice too. I loved the scene in the parking lot. And the kiss (let's say it was one).

Even if it wasn't one, i'm sure the scene did its purpose judging everyone's reactions xD

It's heavily implied though that it was indeed a kiss, just look at them glaring at each other afterwards lol
Nov 16, 2016 12:59 PM

Aug 2016
I have no words right now.
Just holy shit.
I think my life is complete.
Nov 16, 2016 12:59 PM
Sep 2016
Helenus said:
Cativa said:

I made a bet in the other thread. If they will end up as a canon couple, I will delete my account. I was (and somehow still am) absolutely sure they were just queer-baiting the whole time lol

I don't know about going through your bet, but I certainly hope that it meets the losing conditions lol
Nov 16, 2016 1:00 PM

Jun 2008
I cried when Yuuri cried ; u ;

And then OMG THAT KISS <3
Nov 16, 2016 1:03 PM
Apr 2015
Helenus said:
I saw the very scene just now. Nothing to worry. The angle just made it seem like they kissed. At least in my opinion.
Even though at this point I'm 90% sure you're just an attention whore...

More confirmation that they kissed... Viktor said: 'This was the only way I could think of that would surprise you more than you surprised me'. In the past Viktor has done his fair share of hyperactive leaps & hugs on Yuuri, but he hadn't kissed Yuuri yet. And now he has, leaving Yuuri more surprised than Viktor.

But people like you are never gonna be satisfied, and well, that is your loss buddy. Not ours!
lizebutnotrizeNov 16, 2016 1:30 PM
Nov 16, 2016 1:04 PM

Nov 2016
Yuri was way nervous than I expected, but he managed to pull himself together just in time. Maybe Victor's choice of words was right after all? It didn't went as expected at first, but in the end it had a good effect on Yuri, so...

Anyway, it's really pleasant to see a protagonist make progress and become stronger so fast.

Damn, Georgi is still creepy. He is so obsessed with his former girlfriend. I laughed when she gave him the thumb down before leaving.
Nov 16, 2016 1:06 PM

Aug 2010
Why are people saying they didn't actually kiss? I mean, Victor said "that was the only thing I could do to surprise you even more". So, why would he only hug Yuuri, if he had done that COUNTLESS of times already? I'm sure a hug wouldn't surprise Yuuri anymore.
Anyway, at this rate, they will sure show us another kiss which is more explicit so I guess some people will stop being in denial.
Nov 16, 2016 1:07 PM

Nov 2007
Smudy said:
Black_wind said:

Even if it wasn't one, i'm sure the scene did its purpose judging everyone's reactions xD

It's heavily implied though that it was indeed a kiss, just look at them glaring at each other afterwards lol

i also agree/believe it was heavily implied that IT WAS a kiss.....as someone up there explained how of an typical kiss set up was that. Because it totally was. So yeah,a kiss^^ (but i hope we will get proper kiss later which no one will be able to disprove)
Nov 16, 2016 1:08 PM

Aug 2015
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand... gay.
Nov 16, 2016 1:11 PM
Apr 2015
EVERYONE DO THE FANGIRL/BOY BATTLE CRY!
SQUEEEEEEEE *___*
Nov 16, 2016 1:15 PM
Sep 2013
Guys. Just drop it already , yall are ridiculous :) They did kiss, period. Just because it's gay doesn't mean it was never gonna happen, there would be no questions if it'd been a girl+boy kiss

Sep 2014
sweetdrops said:
Why are people saying they didn't actually kiss? I mean, Victor said "that was the only thing I could do to surprise you even more". So, why would he only hug Yuuri, if he had done that COUNTLESS of times already? I'm sure a hug wouldn't surprise Yuuri anymore.
Anyway, at this rate, they will sure show us another kiss which is more explicit so I guess some people will stop being in denial.

Did he ever literally jump into Yuri's arms in the arena in front of the whole audience though? I think it's more that people who think it's a kiss want it to be than the other way around.

As for me, I don't really care either way.

Dec 2012
YaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Someone call an ambulance because i CAN'T STOP FUCKING SCREAMING
Nov 16, 2016 1:17 PM

Jul 2015
omg that kiss, that hug, that victuri moment <333 my heart ;u;

Nov 16, 2016 1:20 PM

Jan 2016
Anybody else jumped around the room screaming after that last scene? ASDFGHJKL I have honestly never fangirled this hard at an anime before

WHEN YOU THOUGHT THIS COULDN'T GET ANY GAYER
Nov 16, 2016 1:20 PM

Jul 2009
OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!

THEY KISSED! THEY TOTALLY KISSED! VICTOR IS AWESOME! OMG I LOVE THIS.

Censored kiss (boo) but a kiss nonetheless. Proof: Why else would Victor say that it was the only thing he could think of to surprise Yuri more than what Yuri did? Victor hugs him all the time already. Even suddenly leaping at him. A hug like that wouldn't be more of a surprise. It would have to be something new. Therefore he totally kissed him!

AOTS! Well assuming they don't try to make the kissing seem just like Victor's typical flirting. Nah man Victor LURVS YURI

Victor x Yuri is the OTP! (or wait maybe its Yuri x Victor?????? I need some doujinshi ASAP)

MahiSenpai said:
EVERYONE DO THE FANGIRL/BOY BATTLE CRY!
SQUEEEEEEEE *___*

SQUEEEEEEEEEE
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

205 by ZolaZodiac »»
Mar 20, 5:57 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2016

235 by Musical_grl »»
Mar 16, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Do you prefer Eros or Agape?

painiwakura - Feb 24

3 by ShinyChu »»
Mar 16, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2016

559 by Ilookgood »»
Mar 3, 8:07 PM

Poll: » Just a question for Yuri on Ice fans

Sanjay63773 - Jan 18

20 by Romaki »»
Feb 17, 2:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.