New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 5, 2016 6:07 PM

Oct 2016
thiagopv said:
jak123 said:
Don't get me wrong...

I get that's Seo Kouji's thing, but...

I love his work, but my god, Fuuka is bad. It's his one blemish in my opinion. So I kinda just don't consider Fuuka canon and the ending to Suzuka is it. XD
Dec 13, 2016 11:09 AM

Apr 2014
How about Tomo Chan wa Onnanoko? It's an ongoing manga with a daily one-page release, which fits all your requirements. Plus, it's really funny.
Dec 13, 2016 11:23 AM

Oct 2016
DarthBob said:
How about Tomo Chan wa Onnanoko? It's an ongoing manga with a daily one-page release, which fits all your requirements. Plus, it's really funny.
On my list. Waiting for it to finish, but thank you.
Jan 1, 2017 8:52 PM

Jan 2013
Smash! is one I will recommend, similar to Suzuka where its a romance drama with sports involved. The sports and romance aspect of it are equally important. One of the girls is a tomboy but both main girls have short hair.
Jan 1, 2017 9:03 PM

Oct 2016
Major123 said:
Smash! is one I will recommend, similar to Suzuka where its a romance drama with sports involved. The sports and romance aspect of it are equally important. One of the girls is a tomboy but both main girls have short hair.

Isn't that the one where the main girl is...

Jan 1, 2017 9:14 PM

Jan 2013
jak123 said:
Major123 said:

Isn't that the one where the main girl is...

Yeah well I thought I'd recommend because it fit some of your requirements also because its a fantastic series.
Jan 1, 2017 9:25 PM

Feb 2008
Silver Spoon. Its main focus isn't romance, but it does have a nice romantic subplot that is resolved with a tomboy (as far as I know. I'm way behind, but I can't really imagine them breaking up).

Baby Steps. Again, not really a romance series, but he settles very quickly on the tomboy and never really considers anyone else.

Angel Densetsu. Again, not a romance.

Oresama Teacher, maybe. I'm way behind on this one, but since the main character is the tomboy, she's pretty much guaranteed to win.

The Kidnapping of Minja Jo's Boyfriend, so long as you consider delinquent to be similar enough to tomboy.

Hybrid Berry, I think. I honestly don't remember it very well, but I apparently liked it, its fairly short, she's a baseball player and its labeled romance, so it should qualify.
Jan 1, 2017 9:36 PM

Oct 2016
jacobpaige said:
Silver Spoon. Its main focus isn't romance, but it does have a nice romantic subplot that is resolved with a tomboy (as far as I know. I'm way behind, but I can't really imagine them breaking up).

Baby Steps. Again, not really a romance series, but he settles very quickly on the tomboy and never really considers anyone else.

Angel Densetsu. Again, not a romance.

Oresama Teacher, maybe. I'm way behind on this one, but since the main character is the tomboy, she's pretty much guaranteed to win.

The Kidnapping of Minja Jo's Boyfriend, so long as you consider delinquent to be similar enough to tomboy.

Hybrid Berry, I think. I honestly don't remember it very well, but I apparently liked it, its fairly short, she's a baseball player and its labeled romance, so it should qualify.
As long as it has a romantic subplot that gets an actual conclusion, I'm totally fine with it not being the main focus.

I'm up to date on Silver Spoon. It's a great manga especially since it's by the one who did Fullmetal Alchemist. The author is on hiatus right now I believe.

What sucks is...

JakJan 1, 2017 9:42 PM
Jan 1, 2017 9:51 PM

Feb 2008
jak123 said:
As long as it has a romantic subplot that gets an actual conclusion, I'm totally fine with it not being the main focus.

I honestly don't know with Oresama Teacher, but since its still ongoing, I doubt there's anything like a resolution in sight. Also just realized that you wanted a male MC, and this is more of a female MC with a reverse harem that she's unaware of.

I'm also not 100% on Hybrid Berry, but its quite short, and I didn't leave any comments about it having a non-ending, so I expect that they wound up together in the end.

Silver Spoon had the two of them well on the way to marriage the last time I read it.

For Baby Steps, they've been together for like half the manga with no real sign of the MC even noticing any other girl, despite several attempts by would-be girlfriends.

In Angel Densetsu, I can't remember if their relationship was ever made official, but it was well acknowledged within the group that the two of them were together by the end of the series.

And The Kidnapping of Minja Jo's Boyfriend definitely had a resolution where they wound up together.
Jan 8, 2017 12:41 PM

Oct 2016
kagaminelenka said:
Kokoro Connect is the first thing that comes to mind when you ask that. It features a love triangle that's resolved with the male MC ending up with the tomboy girl. She has short hair and also has a cute side to her. She gets rather flustered when romance comes up, despite her cool demeanor. For the kind of story you're looking for, I seriously recommend it.

Just make sure to watch Kokoro Connect: Michi Random, the OVA. That's an important part to see considering the ending you're looking for.
Haven't gotten around to it yet, but I really should. I see Kokoro Connect suggested all the time.
Jan 8, 2017 12:50 PM

Sep 2016
I think you would like:
www.Working (MC fits your description except athletic and childhood friend)

FLCL (Haruko is very funny though)

Toradora? (Kushieda is definitely a tomboy)
HerrSaitamaXJan 8, 2017 2:17 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2017 12:09 PM

Dec 2016
Kokoro Connect maybe? I think its match, if not, still worth to watch
Jan 27, 2017 10:06 PM

Jul 2010
Toshokan Sensou is exactly what you're looking for. Short hair, tomboy and all.

When the MC was in high school she got into some trouble and was saved by the male MC. Years later she joins the military he is a part of but doesn't recognize that he was her savior, even when he becomes her lieutenant. (He remembers her.)
Jan 27, 2017 10:19 PM

Oct 2016
Kalisto said:

When the MC was in high school she got into some trouble and was saved by the male MC. Years later she joins the military he is a part of but doesn't recognize that he was her savior, even when he becomes her lieutenant. (He remembers her.)
Yeah yeah, I have that on my list. I need to get around to watching that, I heard it was good.
Jan 27, 2017 10:27 PM

Jul 2010
jak123 said:
Kalisto said:

Yeah yeah, I have that on my list. I need to get around to watching that, I heard it was good.

You should. It's short, but good.
Apr 9, 2017 11:45 PM

May 2015
Rose of Versailles
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2017 11:57 PM

Oct 2016
zal said:
Rose of Versailles
Read/seen it. Was good, but....

Apr 10, 2017 3:53 PM

Apr 2015
Koukou Debut maybe?
Apr 10, 2017 4:35 PM

Jan 2015
Jak said:
Zurajannai said:

lol I think it was genius to differentiate Suzuka and Fuuka lol
beside I think the new Fuuka is a tomboy so it fulfill your request and I think the MC would end up with her XD

anyhow, my rec:
Hatsukoi Limited and Musunde Hiraite
there's not real MC is these manga, each chapter has its own MC, so yeah, there's some boy MC who ends up with a tomboy in there

I guess, but still. I liked the first Fuuka a lot.

I'll check those other 2 out, but I tend to like manga that aren't as episodic and focus on a few characters rather than many.

In the beginning I thought it was lame, but with all the development it brought on to the table, that was the best idea he could've had. Besides, second Fuuka is just plain better. She's amazing.
Apr 10, 2017 4:49 PM

Oct 2016
thiagopv said:
Jak said:

I guess, but still. I liked the first Fuuka a lot.

I'll check those other 2 out, but I tend to like manga that aren't as episodic and focus on a few characters rather than many.

In the beginning I thought it was lame, but with all the development it brought on to the table, that was the best idea he could've had. Besides, second Fuuka is just plain better. She's amazing.
Yeah, most don't have anything against Aoi Fuuka, people just didn't like how it went down with the first Fuuka.

Apr 10, 2017 4:58 PM

Jan 2015
Jak said:
thiagopv said:

Yeah, most don't have anything against Aoi Fuuka, people just didn't like how it went down with the first Fuuka.

Idk if you're still reading it or not, but if you aren't, now more than ever is the time to do it. Tomboys seems to be love or hate for me, but Seo ones are the best! Suzuka, Asuka and both Fuukas. Also it fullfils your request.

thiagopvApr 10, 2017 5:04 PM
Apr 10, 2017 6:01 PM

Oct 2016

Try this!

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Apr 29, 2020 11:30 PM
Nov 2014
Sakurasaku Shoukugun

Fujiyama san wa Shishunki

Suzuka

Asagao to Kase san (yuri)

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Non-hentai anime with traumatizing rape?

stanklem28 - Feb 7, 2014

40 by Omega90 »»
2 hours ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - Yesterday

26 by PostMahouShoujo »»
2 hours ago

» new season, need recommendations

silversaint - Yesterday

6 by DMind »»
Today, 2:05 AM

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

12 by PostMahouShoujo »»
Today, 1:02 AM

» Grim series for tonight

LoveYourEyes - Apr 1

15 by r3v3l3v3l »»
Yesterday, 10:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.