Forum Settings
Forums

New SCOTUS judge will be "Pro Life"...leaving the abortion issue up to the states is what Trump wants.

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 14, 2016 6:21 PM

May 2010
traed said:
Thrashinuva said:

What are you talking about? Voter ID requirements? Super PAC's attempts to bus poor neighborhoods to polling locations?

Various things have beenn done
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_suppression_in_the_United_States

Then I guess I will respond to various things.

If there are various things that are inhibiting minority voters then attempts should be made to reach out to them fairly. If there are various things attempting to restrict minority voters based on them being minorities and no other reason, then it should be outlawed. If various things resulted in decisions that were made that unreasonably impacts a group of voters, then concessions should be made to enable them to vote.

On the other hand if it's various things that were decisions made to protect the sanctity of the vote, and any and all concessions have been made to ensure that any group of voters that may have been impacted by the decision can still vote regardless, then there is no problem with this decision.
Nov 14, 2016 6:28 PM

May 2010
JustALEX said:
Thrashinuva said:

What you call progress we call regression. What you call regression we call progress.

We simply view that we have undone your mistakes of attempting to mask the problems in hopes to make them better, and that we will actually attempt to solve the problems rather than pretend they don't exist.

WHAT?!

Who is "we"....conservatives?

I'm not a conservative. "We" refers to the people who think you're wrong. These people more than likely voted for Trump on the whole, so they made an effort to rectify what they felt had been broken.

And many people agree with this logic. In fact 10 years ago anyone would have agreed with it. The left disagrees with the right and the right disagrees with the left. They both think the other is wrong and going in the wrong direction.

People who voted for Trump didn't vote for him because they thought it would be funny, or because it would be a nice "fuck you", or to bring down the entire system.

They voted for Trump because they thought out the current situation we face, came to a conclusion, and wound up disagreeing with you in a very honest manner. The people who came to this conclusion range from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds, ethnic backgrounds, intelligence levels, and otherwise.

But people would rather believe "No no no. No one could possibly reasonably disagree with my views". And let me tell you right now, most of the people who voted Trump already recognized that many people disagreed with them for fairly valid reasons, and that shows just how much conviction they had when they voted.

Mar 2011
Thrashinuva said:

If they already know then I'm sure it's not a big deal if they're reminded about it.
if i already know my aunt died of sicnkessi wouldnt want some self righteous ass reminding me of it.

let's be real, if a pregnant woman asked u to cover her prenatal checkups, buy her her medicine, give her the money she's losing by being to pregnant work, buy her pregnancy safe food, massage her feet and back when they're sore, offer her emotional support, pay the bill on her hospital birth, give her the money she losing while recovering from labor, help her find a good adoption agency to give her baby to, pay for the cosmetic surgery to get her body back to normal, etc,,, would you even bother doing half of that? no, cuz it's fucking sucks if u feel like u have nothing to gain from it

Oct 2012
JustALEX said:
Thrashinuva said:

What you call progress we call regression. What you call regression we call progress.

We simply view that we have undone your mistakes of attempting to mask the problems in hopes to make them better, and that we will actually attempt to solve the problems rather than pretend they don't exist.

WHAT?!

Who is "we"....conservatives?

Yeah....I'm sure conservatives think allowing gays the same rights as straights is "Regressive".

Give me a fucking break.

No one is going to agree with that logic.

Quite frankly I blame myself and people of my ilk....people who were getting angered by fucking teenagers and college students because they said a few stupid things.

These fucking kids have ZERO power....and in reality "SJWs" are nothing more than a few loud idiots.

Yeah....I've been trying not to have to admit this....but now I have to.

I was very wrong for getting "Triggered" by SJWs and thinking they were this big bad boogeyman....

When a far bigger threat was staring me in the eye and I chose to ignore it because honestly, I NEVER believed Trump could win.

You're right. They're probably a "vocal minority", but it wouldn't be the first time a "vocal minority" has ruined something in this world. SJW's have had more power in recent times. You don't see the opposite speaking in front of the UN (Which is a joke, but i digress). The Brexit, and Trumps win is a trend showing that the Pendulum is swinging the other way, and how are those people reacting? They're doubling down. Extremeists on both sides are a problem, but it was the SJWs and extreme left that created this monster. The left has lost the art of debate, and for all of their "tolerence", they sure show it when someone doesn't support their ideology.
Nov 14, 2016 6:32 PM

Jun 2016
Would anyone care to explain to me where the health of the mother comes into play? If the mother is in risk of losing her life because of the baby and an abortion would be the best way to reassure she lives, what's going to happen if the State she lives in outlaws abortion?

behind these hills
i'm reaching for the heights

Nov 14, 2016 6:36 PM

May 2010
Edefrem said:
Thrashinuva said:

If they already know then I'm sure it's not a big deal if they're reminded about it.
if i already know my aunt died of sicnkessi wouldnt want some self righteous ass reminding me of it.

let's be real, if a pregnant woman asked u to cover her prenatal checkups, buy her her medicine, give her the money she's losing by being to pregnant work, buy her pregnancy safe food, massage her feet and back when they're sore, offer her emotional support, pay the bill on her hospital birth, give her the money she losing while recovering from labor, help her find a good adoption agency to give her baby to, pay for the cosmetic surgery to get her body back to normal, etc,,, would you even bother doing half of that? no, cuz it's fucking sucks if u feel like u have nothing to gain from it

Not sure what point you're making with the 2nd half of your post.

As for the first part, you're talking about something that has already happened that did not result from your own actions. What we're talking about here is something that will happen or not based on your own actions.

When you get a medical procedure done, the doctor must tell you what it is they are going to do to you and how you will likely be affected, or how a baby will be affected if you're pregnant. Even if you're a doctor yourself, they must do this. We shouldn't be foregoing the rules just for abortions, it doesn't make sense.

You tell a crack addict that abusing crack could harm their baby, and you tell a person getting an abortion that they're taking a life. Regardless of how bad it makes you feel, it has to be done. The doctor can reassure them that they don't have to feel guilty or whatever. Maybe they can shun them out of their office too (that's capitalism honestly). But the basic responsibilities of a doctor remains. A woman can have plenty of reasons for getting an abortion, and if it's legal then no one has the right to complain except for maybe the husband to sue over emotional damages or something.
Nov 14, 2016 6:37 PM

May 2010
vriskabell said:
Would anyone care to explain to me where the health of the mother comes into play? If the mother is in risk of losing her life because of the baby and an abortion would be the best way to reassure she lives, what's going to happen if the State she lives in outlaws abortion?

Perhaps she'll die? That's always a possibility.
Nov 14, 2016 6:41 PM

Mar 2011
Thrashinuva said:

As for the first part, you're talking about something that has already happened that did not result from your own actions. What we're talking about here is something that will happen or not based on your own actions.

When you get a medical procedure done, the doctor must tell you what it is they are going to do to you and how you will likely be affected, or how a baby will be affected if you're pregnant. Even if you're a doctor yourself, they must do this. We shouldn't be foregoing the rules just for abortions, it doesn't make sense.

You tell a crack addict that abusing crack could harm their baby, and you tell a person getting an abortion that they're taking a life. Regardless of how bad it makes you feel, it has to be done. The doctor can reassure them that they don't have to feel guilty or whatever. Maybe they can shun them out of their office too (that's capitalism honestly). But the basic responsibilities of a doctor remains. A woman can have plenty of reasons for getting an abortion, and if it's legal then no one has the right to complain except for maybe the husband to sue over emotional damages or something.
there's a difference between a doctor telling someone the outcomes of their abortion and ur "its not a big deal if they're reminded bout it, it was an action they decided to do" point but oke

also the second point of my argument was to emphasize that having a baby is hard as hell so we should shame people not wanting to put themselves through that
Nov 14, 2016 6:43 PM

Jun 2008
Thrashinuva said:
I'm not a conservative. "We" refers to the people who think you're wrong. These people more than likely voted for Trump on the whole, so they made an effort to rectify what they felt had been broken..

If you're not conservative, then it makes no fucking sense for you to say that Regressive is actually Progress and vice versa.

Allowing gays to get married IS Progress.....because we used to NOT allow it.

If we return to the old ways....than THAT is Regression.

Like...that is the literal definition of "Regress"

So don't fucking tell me any nonsense!

Thrashinuva said:
They voted for Trump because they thought out the current situation we face, came to a conclusion, and wound up disagreeing with you in a very honest manner. The people who came to this conclusion range from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds, ethnic backgrounds, intelligence levels, and otherwise.

No, this is bullshit.

Let me show you WHO actually voted for Trump:

65% of Asian and Hispanics went for Hillary....only 29% of Asians and Hispanics went for Trump

88% of Blacks went for Hillary.....only 8% of Blacks went for Trump.

Now here is the deciding factor:

58% of Whites went for Trump.....37% went for Hillary.

Of the people who went for Trump...they cited Immigration and Terrorism as their most important issues.

This and other exit polls results can be found here: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/11/08/us/politics/election-exit-polls.html
--ALEX--Nov 14, 2016 6:48 PM
Nov 14, 2016 6:45 PM

Jun 2016
Thrashinuva said:
vriskabell said:

Isn't that just wonderful? There'll be hundreds of painful, easily preventable deaths scattered across our nation while our leaders casually sip beers.

behind these hills

Nov 14, 2016 6:45 PM

May 2010
Edefrem said:
Thrashinuva said:

there's a difference between a doctor telling someone the outcomes of their abortion and ur "its not a big deal if they're reminded bout it, it was an action they decided to do" point but oke

also the second point of my argument was to emphasize that having a baby is hard as hell so we should shame people not wanting to put themselves through that

When you go get breast implants then the doctor will tell you they'll make your breasts bigger. When you go get your baby killed then the doctor will tell you they'll kill your baby.

Shem them or don't. Freedom of speech. So long as they're not persecuted for committing legal acts, then its up to their peers to decide how they feel about it themselves and how they will voice their beliefs. If the doctor should shame the patient, then they could easily spread that information and shun the doctor in turn instead, resulting in capitalism working its miracle magic yet again.
Nov 14, 2016 6:47 PM

Jun 2008
FontSize72LOL said:
You're right. They're probably a "vocal minority", but it wouldn't be the first time a "vocal minority" has ruined something in this world. SJW's have had more power in recent times. You don't see the opposite speaking in front of the UN (Which is a joke, but i digress). The Brexit, and Trumps win is a trend showing that the Pendulum is swinging the other way, and how are those people reacting? They're doubling down. Extremeists on both sides are a problem, but it was the SJWs and extreme left that created this monster. The left has lost the art of debate, and for all of their "tolerence", they sure show it when someone doesn't support their ideology.

The UN is not a real governing body, nor do they have any sway on what happens in the U.S.

The only ones that can dictate what goes on in the U.S is the government.

And ultimately....I and other people were getting riled up about a bunch of fucking kids saying a bunch of stupid things, but once again....they have no power.

I will agree that BOTH sides have become VERY extreme and we are living that reality today.

I have never seen this country THIS divided and I honestly fear for the BS that is about to befall us.
Nov 14, 2016 6:47 PM

May 2010
JustALEX said:
exit polls

We all know how accurate those polls turned out to be.

vriskabell said:
Thrashinuva said:

Isn't that just wonderful? There'll be hundreds of painful, easily preventable deaths scattered across our nation while our leaders casually sip beers.

And yet you could say the same thing about abortion.
Nov 14, 2016 6:48 PM

Oct 2012
JustALEX said:
Thrashinuva said:
I'm not a conservative. "We" refers to the people who think you're wrong. These people more than likely voted for Trump on the whole, so they made an effort to rectify what they felt had been broken..

If you're not conservative, then it makes no fucking sense for you to say that Regressive is actually Progress and vice versa.

Allowing gays to get married IS Progress.....because we used to NOT allow it.

If we return to the old ways....than THAT is Regression.

Like...that is the literal definition of "Regress"

So don't fucking tell me any nonsense!

Thrashinuva said:

No, this is bullshit.

Let me show you WHO actually voted for Trump:

65% of Asian and Hispanics went for Hillary....only 29% of Asians and Hispanics went for Trump

88% of Blacks went for Hillary.....only 8% of Blacks went for Trump.

Now here is the deciding factor:

58% of Whites went for Hillary.....37% went for Hillary.

Of the people who went for Trump...they cited Immigration and Terrorism as their most important issues.

This and other exit polls results can be found here: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/11/08/us/politics/election-exit-polls.html

More Blacks voted for Trump than they did for Romney.
More Hispanics voted for Trump than they did for Romney.
More Asians voted for Trump than they did for Romney.
Only 1% more whites voted for Trump than they did for Romney.
something on the order of 10-15% less democrats voted for Clinton than they did for Obama.

Now tell me, who is more to blame? Is it the villany of cisgendered straight white males? Or is it the fact that the left got complacent and believed the media lies and the spin and just decided not to vote. Now they're complaining they didn't get the results they are promised, now whose fault is that, really?
FontSize72LOLNov 14, 2016 6:52 PM
Nov 14, 2016 6:52 PM

Mar 2011
Thrashinuva said:
When you go get breast implants then the doctor will tell you they'll make your breasts bigger. When you go get your baby killed then the doctor will tell you they'll kill your baby.

Shem them or don't. Freedom of speech. So long as they're not persecuted for committing legal acts, then its up to their peers to decide how they feel about it themselves and how they will voice their beliefs. If the doctor should shame the patient, then they could easily spread that information and shun the doctor in turn instead, resulting in capitalism working its miracle magic yet again.
" When you go get your baby killed then the doctor will tell you they'll kill your baby." literally just say u hate abortion like ur not nearly as neutral as u think u are

and free speech works both ways, so if u derive pleasure shaming people who abort then others can call u an asshole for it. but whatever, ur point has been made and im not asking u to change it, just letting u know that abortion isnt as evil and selfish as u treat it. goodnight and i sincerely hope u never get a girl pregnant who wont want to keep the baby lol cuz good fucking luck to her
Nov 14, 2016 6:53 PM

Jun 2016
Thrashinuva said:

vriskabell said:

Ah yes. Because letting a mother die is the same thing as saving a mother's life and allowing her the opportunity to have another child. Same thing.

behind these hills

Nov 14, 2016 6:55 PM

Jun 2008
Thrashinuva said:
JustALEX said:
exit polls

Jesus...the Exit polls are NOT the same as other polls.

FontSize72LOL said:
something on the order of 15-20% less democrats voted for Clinton than they did for Obama.

Now tell me, who is more to blame? Is it the villany of cisgendered straight white males? Or is it the fact that the left got complacent and believed the media lies and the spin and just decided not to vote. Now they're complaining they didn't get the results they are promised, now whose fault is that, really?

More blacks went for Trump than Romeny? Yeah...like 1 fucking percent more.

More Hispanics went for Trump than Romney? Yeah....2% more.

Same thing for Asians.

But fine...I'll grant you that the White vote was more or less the same as well.

The funny thing is that Hillary DID get more votes overall, as she did win the popular vote...but as we all know, that's not the deciding factor.

What WAS the deciding factor is how Trump routed Hillary in the Rural White vote.

That was an absolute killing.

70 to 30 in many places.
Nov 14, 2016 6:55 PM

May 2010
Edefrem said:
" When you go get your baby killed then the doctor will tell you they'll kill your baby." literally just say u hate abortion like ur not nearly as neutral as u think u are
I accept it for what it is. We kill puppies and kittens every day. We kill people in the name of justice every day. I don't feel guilty when our soldiers kill enemy soldiers. You shouldn't feel guilty about a life you've taken due to whatever you feel are good reasons.

Edefrem said:
ur point has been made and im not asking u to change it
This was literally my point:
Edefrem said:
and free speech works both ways, so if u derive pleasure shaming people who abort then others can call u an asshole for it.
Nov 14, 2016 6:56 PM

May 2011
If Roe v Wade gets overturned there will be a backlash like you've never seen. That's why it's always just talk. Otherwise something would have been done in 2004 or 2005.
Nov 14, 2016 6:59 PM

May 2010
vriskabell said:
Thrashinuva said:

Ah yes. Because letting a mother die is the same thing as saving a mother's life and allowing her the opportunity to have another child. Same thing.
And the baby you killed could have potentially been the saviour of mankind. The same argument can be made both ways.

JustALEX said:
Thrashinuva said:

They're exactly the same as other polls. Pollsters asked people who they were voting for before the election. Those people lied. Pollsters asked people who they voted for after they voted. You think those people didn't lie? You think that those people who felt they may be persecuted within the sanctuary of their own homes was going to magically feel safe at a polling location with potentially many people of varying beliefs who might overhear or be told about you?
Nov 14, 2016 7:13 PM

Feb 2013
Article XIV (Amendment 14 - Rights Guaranteed: Privileges and Immunities of Citizenship, Due Process, and Equal Protection)
1: All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
It says "born"...

Article [X] (Amendment 10 - Reserved Powers)
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
Since it doesn't say anything about pre-born, it is therefore reserved to the States or people.

Hoppy said:
I also read that LGBT rights would still be on the books despite the conservative judge though which is good news.
Marriage is not mentioned in the constitution. That means it is reserved to the states.

SCOTUS has been overstepping it's authority for a long time... with nonsensical decisions not based in law...

JustALEX said:
And then get locked up if they even survive the procedure?

Because getting an abortion in a state that is illegal...will obviously be punishable by law.

The United States of America a supposed "first world" country could potentially REGRESS to a time where we are prosecuting women for abortions.
Trump is new to the whole pro-life thing. He finally figured out it's bad, but he doesn't understand much more.
There are two victims in an abortion: the child, and the mother.
The only one that should be jailed is the abortionist.

j0x said:
how come this pro-life people cannot understand that a fetus/embryo has no human consciousness/awareness yet so they do not have human rights
And just who decided "consciousness/awareness" was required for human rights?
"Human rights"... if human, then rights. Easy.

vriskabell said:
Is Abortion Ever Necessary to Save the Life of the Mother?

And one last thing, Pro-Life Is Pro-Woman.

If Trump does nothing more than put (pro-life) judges that he has said he would on the supreme court, then his election will have been worth it.
Nov 14, 2016 7:24 PM

Oct 2012
JustALEX said:
Thrashinuva said:

FontSize72LOL said:
something on the order of 15-20% less democrats voted for Clinton than they did for Obama.

More blacks went for Trump than Romeny? Yeah...like 1 fucking percent more.

More Hispanics went for Trump than Romney? Yeah....2% more.

Same thing for Asians.

But fine...I'll grant you that the White vote was more or less the same as well.

The funny thing is that Hillary DID get more votes overall, as she did win the popular vote...but as we all know, that's not the deciding factor.

What WAS the deciding factor is how Trump routed Hillary in the Rural White vote.

That was an absolute killing.

70 to 30 in many places.

Pretty unsurprising considering Obama didn't do a whole lot for those people. I'd imagine many of the hispanics that voted for him were rural too. I don't know what you're getting at. I'd imagine that the numbers aren't much different from previous election cycles.

Also, i'll grant you, that i pulled the "15-20%" out of my ass, It was probably closer to 5-10%, which is still significant, but moreso when those votes are in key swing states that were won within a margin of 100k votes or less. If the Dems were able to pull the numbers of Obama did in 2008 and even 2012, Trump wouldn't have standed a chance. The blame is on the media perpetuating polls that they themselves knew was inaccurate.

For some reason i thought Obama got more than 70 million popular vote, it was just under that.
FontSize72LOLNov 14, 2016 7:30 PM
Nov 14, 2016 7:25 PM

Jun 2008
BurntJelly said:
Trump is new to the whole pro-life thing. He finally figured out it's bad, but he doesn't understand much more.
There are two victims in an abortion: the child, and the mother.

Except it has NOTHING to do with Trump...

Trump will suggest a Pro-Life SCOTUS Judge....Congress (who is heavily GOP) will confirm the nomination.

GOP interests will force SCOTUS to revisit the abortion issue.

IF they rule that the states should handle it....the majority of the states will more than likely make it illegal.

^That literally makes no sense to me.

It's like punishing the Drug dealer but not the drug user.
Nov 14, 2016 7:33 PM

Oct 2012
JustALEX said:

^That literally makes no sense to me.

It's like punishing the Drug dealer but not the drug user.

Except that practice is already done in regards to Internet piracy. They (IP holders and ISPs) will often go after information disseminaters instead of the individuals who are downloading the copyrighted information.

And honestly, going after the dealers is what we should be doing. The users are often victims to their addiction, which is perpetuated by the dealer supplying them.
Nov 14, 2016 7:35 PM

Mar 2008
I cringe a little when anyone says GOP. It's short for Grand Old Party, which is a very positive spun name. From a lot of things they try to do it almost makes more sense calling them rightist SJWs.
Nov 14, 2016 7:40 PM

Nov 2015
And that's one of my problems with Donald Trump being in the office.
clandestine said:
They already closed what I swear is a good 90% of the abortion clinics in my state already smh

Same here. It's even more surprising considering that California was considered to be a blue state all along.
Nov 14, 2016 7:43 PM

Jan 2009
BurntJelly said:

j0x said:
how come this pro-life people cannot understand that a fetus/embryo has no human consciousness/awareness yet so they do not have human rights
And just who decided "consciousness/awareness" was required for human rights?
"Human rights"... if human, then rights. Easy.

potential human does not have rights yet

Potential beings don't have the same rights as actual beings

Generally we do differentiate between actual and potential beings, and we distinguish between their rights, too. Many of the rights of a potential person are only potential rights - they only become actual rights when the person becomes an actual person.

So, for example, a 10-year-old is a potential voter, and has the potential right to vote, but he or she doesn't get the actual right to vote until he or she reaches her or his 18th birthday and becomes eligible to vote. And another example: the heir to the throne is a potential king, but he doesn't have the rights of a king until the present monarch dies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ethics/abortion/child/potential.shtml
Nov 14, 2016 8:25 PM

Dec 2009
loondonb said:
bottle said:
Whichever way it's not going to be a core issue.

People who choose to abort will likely do it elsewhere if it's not legal in one state. They can just take a short trip. It's much easier than bearing the fetus for months, giving up jobs and schools.

Besides, nowadays if you don't take your contraceptive pills before sex, you can take it After sex within the golden hours. Just go to see the Dr or even ER.

It's just odd to expect you are so lucky from getting pregnant without contraception before and even after sex. They should get the pill for free or easily accessible enough. That way is the right way to reduce abortion and the availability of methods is already helping the decline in induced abortion, and not by banning abortion.

in my country methods is given for free in various places but they don't want to use that and resolve the problem with other way.
Thanks God abortion make you go to jail here <3

That's not exactly a good idea. While contraception works most of the cases, they do fail occasionally.
Nov 14, 2016 8:37 PM

Mar 2013
Great, pretty sick of the left undermining morality. Social "progress" is not progress
Nov 14, 2016 8:45 PM
Mar 2011
the us will be a theocracy for 8 year yo alt rigters voted for pence simple as that
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Nov 14, 2016 8:46 PM

Mar 2011
The courts hold a nice amount of sway but they don't have active power; If it turns out the way I think it is, people are going to being unhappy--unless they do what any madman would, then it could turn out being the smartest move.

I ramble sometimes..
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Nov 14, 2016 8:48 PM
Mar 2011
Thrashinuva said:
Edefrem said:
people who have abortions know what they're doing. it's not an easy "all about me" decision that they make. literally no one would abort a baby if they didnt have real legitimate reasons as to not wanting a child inside them for 9 months. like there are people who decide not to abort and are glad that they didnt but there are others who kept their babies and regret that decision everyday. like i wont lie, i dont like the concept of abortion and am 99% sure i could never bring myself to do it, but im still able to empathize with the people who felt like they had to because that literally has to be one of the most painful decisions to ever make

you bacle d theocrat

but i thought the right in the us were srticly for the onituion but that only on the cae of the 2nd

pence is tteocrat who hate the 1st amendmt good by secularism in the us
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Nov 14, 2016 8:58 PM

Mar 2011
What I don't get about some individuals "pro-life" is that they are usually correlated with not wanting sexual/abstain programs in school that teach kids/teens how to use contraceptives, and STDs.

Do they hope their moral fiber will outweigh hormones or do they think anal is much more acceptable?
Nov 14, 2016 9:01 PM

Jan 2009
i just finished rewatching this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxM9BZeRrUI

and ye it makes sense to be pro-choice considering that a fetus/embryo is only a potential human so lets say like 5%-10% human only while the mother is an actual human or 100% human already, so its only obvious that the mother has more rights and more authority than her fetus/embryo so ye pro-choice it is
Nov 14, 2016 9:12 PM

Mar 2013
j0x said:
like 5%-10% human

what the fuck, how can you be "5%-10% human"? you're either human, or you aren't. you people will do anything to justify your insane quest for progress
Nov 14, 2016 9:19 PM

Jan 2009
Don_Giovanni said:
j0x said:
like 5%-10% human

what the fuck, how can you be "5%-10% human"? you're either human, or you aren't. you people will do anything to justify your insane quest for progress

watch the video i linked on the earlier post, this is being talk by philosophers and experts and not just liberals
Nov 14, 2016 9:52 PM

Dec 2012
Good, murdering unborn babies is disgusting and my only problem with Trump's advocacy for it is that he's not graphic enough. Abortion lovers need to be forced with what they're actually doing in plain English. It's not "terminating a bundle of cells." It's not "reproductive rights." It's murder:
Nov 14, 2016 10:09 PM

Mar 2008
Ratohnhaketon said:
Good, murdering unborn babies is disgusting and my only problem with Trump's advocacy for it is that he's not graphic enough. Abortion lovers need to be forced with what they're actually doing in plain English. It's not "terminating a bundle of cells." It's not "reproductive rights." It's murder:

Murder is a legal term and even in legal terminology it's usually called abortion not murder. Also they aren't babies till late term. No one loves abortion.
Nov 14, 2016 10:16 PM

Dec 2012
traed said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

Murder is a legal term and even in legal terminology it's usually called abortion not murder. Also they aren't babies till late term. No one loves abortion.
Human life is a philosophical term that people love to arbitrarily define based on convenience. Scientifically, all human life starts at conception. You cannot have a baby without that first step, it marks the genetic blueprint of the cycle of mankind. Things such as pain sensitivity, brain waves and viability are all relative values that even grown adults can share with unborn babies under specific conditions. And why not? If it's not a moral issue, what's not to love? Easy fix birth control yay me!
Nov 14, 2016 10:22 PM

Mar 2008
Ratohnhaketon said:
traed said:

Human life is a philosophical term that people love to arbitrarily define based on convenience. Scientifically, all human life starts at conception. You cannot have a baby without that first step, it marks the genetic blueprint of the cycle of mankind. Things such as pain sensitivity, brain waves and viability are all relative values that even grown adults can share with unborn babies under specific conditions. And why not? If it's not a moral issue, what's not to love? Easy fix birth control yay me!

You also can't have a baby without sperm or eggs. Brain waves and whatnot don't appear till later stages.
Nov 14, 2016 10:51 PM

Mar 2011
traed said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

You also can't have a baby without sperm or eggs. Brain waves and whatnot don't appear till later stages.
There is not one generally accepted definition for what is life. Depending on the set of requirements used to define it, some commonly acknowledged non-living things might fulfill the criteria and be seen as living. Vice-versa, some commonly recognized living things might meet all of the requirements and be categorized as non-living. Funny enough, it's also very hard to absolutely define what it means to be "alive". Like how, viruses separated, and left alone from living organisms are completely lifeless, but when placed inside a cell the virus takes on all the characteristics of being "alive"

--It's important to note this
Nov 14, 2016 10:52 PM

Dec 2009
Ratohnhaketon said:
traed said:

If the mother doesn't want it but you want it, you have all your right to take it out and implant it into anything else, that's it. It doesn't matter it's life or not. That's the science. Love or not doesn't matter here. The infant won't gain any from the mother who want to abort anyway.
Nov 14, 2016 11:01 PM

Apr 2016
Cool. If a mother wants to kill a baby, going to another state isn't so hard.
Nov 14, 2016 11:43 PM

Dec 2012
traed said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

There is no instance in the human history in which a person was brought into existence from either exclusively. The process of the cycle of human life objectively begins when both meet. It's not debatable.
Nov 14, 2016 11:48 PM

Jun 2008
UnpopularAnime said:
Cool. If a mother wants to kill a baby, going to another state isn't so hard.

Except if she's in the deep south and is poor...

After all, the majority of people who get abortions are the poor.

And like I've been saying over and over....ironically enough, Trump received a good amount of white rural women (more than likely poor or lower middle class) voters.
Nov 14, 2016 11:53 PM

Mar 2008
Ratohnhaketon said:
traed said:

There is no instance in the human history in which a person was brought into existence from either exclusively. The process of the cycle of human life objectively begins when both meet. It's not debatable.

They both have to be alive for that to happen. It can't live on its own till past 20 week and even then it takes a huge amount of work to keep them alive if born that early and many die. It's not its own life form till it can breath on it's own and pump with their own heart.
Nov 14, 2016 11:59 PM

Jan 2013
JustALEX said:
Check out this map....

^This is the Teen pregnancy rate in the U.S by state....as you can see...it is the HIGHEST in the southern states which are "RED".

So...yeah...this should get really interesting.'

I'll give 2 years until the red states are 3rd world countries, lol. Maybe 1½ for Texas.
Nov 15, 2016 12:04 AM

Jan 2013
Thrashinuva said:

vriskabell said:

When you think about it, this kind of abortion actually would save one life. If the mother dies, the baby dies too :P
Nov 15, 2016 12:06 AM
Mar 2011
CondemneDio said:
JustALEX said:
Check out this map....

^This is the Teen pregnancy rate in the U.S by state....as you can see...it is the HIGHEST in the southern states which are "RED".

So...yeah...this should get really interesting.'

I'll give 2 years until the red states are 3rd world countries, lol. Maybe 1½ for Texas.

alot of the soth tesax is already i mean down in he vallies and what not

Nov 15, 2016 12:32 AM

Dec 2012
traed said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

They both have to be alive for that to happen. It can't live on its own till past 20 week and even then it takes a huge amount of work to keep them alive if born that early and many die. It's not its own life form till it can breath on it's own and pump with their own heart.
It's not consistent to say that a baby isn't living before a certain time period but then to say that if you work really hard, you can keep it from dying. A baby's heart is pumping its own blood as early as the first month. Breathing in what sense? Plants don't have lungs but they respire. Once again, these standards for what life is are opinionated and based off of philosophical convenience rather than scientific principle. Biology doesn't lie and it doesn't care about your feelings of revolution and empowerment regarding a primarily reproductive activity.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.