Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 11, 2016 5:56 PM
Aug 2014
In my personal opinion, I don't think that newer anime is all that good compared to older anime. (If you couldn't already tell from my harsh review scores of many popular modern anime) I honestly don't think that anime will EVER be as good as it used to be. Dragon Ball Z, Yu Yu Hakasho, Sailor Moon, Tenchi Muyo, etc. I think are timeless masterpieces. But a bunch of much younger anime fans think that newer anime is better mainly because it has "betr grafphicks" and "kewlur arht sdylez". (Even though in my opinion, animation and art style is the least important aspect of any medium of entertainment. Even though art style is subjective, and I prefer older artstyles of anime personally.) I dunno, does anyone else feel this way?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 11, 2016 6:05 PM

Nov 2012
*Look at your anime list*

I think I know how to solve this problem OP

Nov 11, 2016 6:07 PM

Feb 2010
There are some oddballs like that out there but people tend to demonize them so they are afraid of showing themselves in public. They will call them elitists and other names just for having a preference. Because preferring newer anime is 'normal' but preferring older anime is a 'problem' or 'elitist'. Prepare yourself for the backlash.

I do find it funny that it is extremely rare to find someone who prefers older anime without feeling the need to take some stabs at modern anime tho. Personally I like both, I've seen much more modern anime and a lot of my favorites are new but I'd still say I prefer older anime in general because if you put aside all the things that people think depends on how old an anime is, which actually don't (like animation quality which is 100 times more dependent on budget than production date, or artstyle which can vary in every decade, or writing, which is all over the place in all decades depending on the show) there are 3 definite things I prefer in old anime:
1. I love old anime OSTs. Mainly the 80s and early 90s. Seriously, even the crappiest OVAs from that time will almost always still have an OST that I really like. I just like the sound of the 80s, what can I say.
2. Cel Animation is another thing I adore. I like modern animation too and it can do some things that cel animation can't do, but independent from animation quality I just enjoy the cel animation look a bit more. Just one of my biases.
3. Average series length was much longer back in the day. 50 episode shows were very common and even longer ones weren't that rare. Nowadays 2-cour is already the exception, 1-cour is the standard and for a lot of my favorite types of shows that's just way too short to get a truly satisfying experience.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 11, 2016 6:09 PM

Jun 2016
old or new.
as long as it's great. I'm gonna watch it. olala suave!!!

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Nov 11, 2016 6:10 PM

Feb 2015
Lol... So it's that time of week again, huh?

This seems interesting...
*grabs popcorn*

OT: Nah, for what I believe, I don't like the 90s, but the one I've seen, which isn't really that much, is are worth of praise from the Music background to OP/ED...

leNerd said:
Im just gonna recommend you Shinsekai Yori, maybe it will cure you from your hipsterism.

Mhhh... Shinsekai Yori... It's... Garbage in my opinion...

Oppss, wait a minute OP... I don't care what you think about it
_Ako_Nov 11, 2016 6:14 PM
Nov 11, 2016 6:10 PM
Aug 2014
Im just gonna recommend you Shinsekai Yori, maybe it will cure you from your hipsterism.
If it doesnt i recommend you to grow a good beard, buy a macbook and go to your nearest starbucks cafe
You can then tell people there how great old animes are, i think they will be more open to your mindset than the plebs on MAL
Nov 11, 2016 6:12 PM

Aug 2014
You didn't really name any good anime, so... :')

It really depends, I don't care much about when an anime was made, as long as I can find them enjoyable, I'm fine.

Luuji222 said:
old or new.
as long as it's great. I'm gonna watch it. olala suave!!!

exactly.
Nov 11, 2016 6:13 PM

Feb 2010
leNerd said:
If it doesnt i recommend you to grow a good beard, buy a macbook and go to your nearest starbucks cafe
You can then tell people there how great old animes are, i think they will be more open to your mindset than the plebs on MAL

Implying that liking SSY isn't having hipster taste.
Nov 11, 2016 6:13 PM
Aug 2014
SuperRed said:

You seriously think I'm not trying to do that?!
Nov 11, 2016 6:15 PM
Aug 2014
leNerd said:

I think I might actually like that anime. :P
Nov 11, 2016 6:16 PM

Sep 2015
AveryGamerDude said:
SuperRed said:

*Looks at your anime list*

idk man, it doesn't looks like it
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Nov 11, 2016 6:16 PM
Aug 2014
Pullman said:

What did you expect? Im writing this on my MacBook Pro while sipping from my Frapé Latte
Nov 11, 2016 6:17 PM

Oct 2013
Why just limit yourself with a age gap
You should also only like 1 or 2 genres while you're at it
You also need to find one genre to hate on for no reason
Also Dragon Ball Z isn't old enough and it will never be as good as the original Dragon Ball
Nov 11, 2016 6:20 PM

May 2015
you sure nostalgia isn't affecting how you're comparing em to newer anime?
and no i don't prefer older anime because i've seen a lot more modern ones.

(ayyy you were the one that got triggered at the cory in the house thread)
Nov 11, 2016 6:20 PM

Feb 2015
Deknijff said:
Why just limit yourself with a age gap
You should also only like 1 or 2 genres while you're at it
You also need to find one genre to hate on for no reason
Also Dragon Ball Z isn't old enough and it will never be as good as the original Dragon Ball

Lol... I feel like liking 1/2 genres is a bit, narrow... Let's just say "category"...

Mhhh... One genre to hate is too narrow. Le'ts just say "category"...
Nov 11, 2016 6:22 PM

Dec 2013
I do but mainly because I'm a hipster who likes to find hidden gems. I do enjoy newer anime though. Kuroko no Basuke is one of my favorite anime.
Nov 11, 2016 6:30 PM

Dec 2012
"Age not make one great"-Yoda-Star Wars

News Flash: There were just as many bad anime back then as there are now. Also you haven't even broken into triple digits and you're already complaining about not being able to find anime to watch when there's literally hundreds of thousands of titles available to you? Even "old" titles you haven't seen yet. It's just a bit hard to take you seriously.

As for me, age of the anime doesn't have any correlation with quality at all. I've seen and enjoyed stuff from as far back as the early 70s and as current as this season.
KruszerNov 11, 2016 6:54 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Nov 11, 2016 6:33 PM

Aug 2015
Do you smell that folks? It's the smell of a wannabe elitist
SomeEdgeLord said:

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

YearnsforAttention said:
hm who has 1656 friends on MAL
that's right me
bye bye

YearnsforAttention said:
I don't want your approval
how many damn times do I need to say it
I enjoy irritating you
I am gonna do things MY way
Nov 11, 2016 6:43 PM

Oct 2013
Well well look at what we got here
Pullman said:
They will call them elitists and other names just for having a preference
NoobAsian said:
Do you smell that folks? It's the smell of a wannabe elitist

30 characters
Nov 11, 2016 7:23 PM

Mar 2016
DB and Sailor Moon aren't even that old lol
I thought you were going to bring up actual old stuff like Astro Boy or Gundam tbh

Now as for your problem you could take other posters' advice and watch better anime or maybe just more anime since what you've seen so far could be called the "shitty surface" by some
Aure0linNov 11, 2016 7:28 PM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Nov 11, 2016 7:27 PM

Oct 2014
I can deconstruct this for you:
You saw some longer anime in your childhood. It was harder to get licensing rights back then so companies only took on longer shows which have more in-depth stories, although they can drag on a bit.

You watched a bunch of new anime from the most popular newer shows rather than finding new anime that fit your taste more (I think you might like Kill la Kill or Full Moon wo Sagashite more than the stuff you've already seen). Berserk and Cardcaptor Sakura are great shows from the late 90s if you want to check them out.

There are different things that happen over time. In the beginning no one really knows what they're doing but they also have the most options since there isn't anyone to copy. Once the medium has been established there's a lot of great stuff that comes out and when it eventually becomes profitable more people will start abusing the medium in different ways which leads to content that fewer people want. There is more diversity in this stage though so niche audiences will find things to enjoy more easily than when it was only economically viable to make things that targeted the most general audiences possible.
Nov 11, 2016 7:29 PM

Jun 2015
@AveryGamerDude: "We need to make anime great again!"

Um, you didn't really say what year anime started becoming "new" so I'll just guess you're talking about everything after the year 2000 based off of the "great" anime you name-dropped.

I can't even begin to imagine how monumentally stupid it is to ignore the multitude of fantastic, no, magnificent series that have been released since 2000.

Just to name three, there's Brotherhood. There's the 2011 adaptation of Hunter x Hunter. THERE'S FUCKING MONSTER!!!

Of course, you're still trapped in your mindset that anything after 2000 is garbage. You think it's something sacred, a thing that you can use to sniff your nose at "lesser beings", that you only watch series before 2000.

It's not about "fantastic graphics" or "cooler art styles". It's the fact that, for the most part, anime studios have taken a good, hard look at those so-called classics and tried to craft their products in a better, more compact fashion. That's what pisses me off about your complete and utter disregard for one and a half solid decades of pure dedication. Sure, quite a few anime series are just carbon-copy, cookie-cutter garbage but you can't just categorize everything that came after 2000 and call it all "garbage".

Peace.
Nov 11, 2016 7:39 PM

Jan 2016
AveryGamerDude said:
SuperRed said:

Tbh I kinda agree, most anime you mentioned are the kinds of anime you like because they are personally important to you, like something you grew up with so it's always is going to be close to your heart. I don't think any of those series are very good and although I do like some of them, I know that they aren't great anime and I only like them because they are the anime that started me off as a anime watcher.

Anyways I guess that's just a personal opinion, so all goods, if you like that kind of anime better just watch that kind of anime you hipster ;)
Nov 11, 2016 7:41 PM

Feb 2010
bmoore07 said:
@AveryGamerDude: "We need to make anime great again!"

Um, you didn't really say what year anime started becoming "new" so I'll just guess you're talking about everything after the year 2000 based off of the "great" anime you name-dropped.

I can't even begin to imagine how monumentally stupid it is to ignore the multitude of fantastic, no, magnificent series that have been released since 2000.

Just to name three, there's Brotherhood. There's the 2011 adaptation of Hunter x Hunter. THERE'S FUCKING MONSTER!!!

Of course, you're still trapped in your mindset that anything after 2000 is garbage. You think it's something sacred, a thing that you can use to sniff your nose at "lesser beings", that you only watch series before 2000.

It's not about "fantastic graphics" or "cooler art styles". It's the fact that, for the most part, anime studios have taken a good, hard look at those so-called classics and tried to craft their products in a better, more compact fashion. That's what pisses me off about your complete and utter disregard for one and a half solid decades of pure dedication. Sure, quite a few anime series are just carbon-copy, cookie-cutter garbage but you can't just categorize everything that came after 2000 and call it all "garbage".

Peace.

lmao talk about over-interpreting and putting words in his mouth xD.

These are the kind of full-of-shit responses I expect on MAL when someone dares to say that he doesn't prefer modern anime in every possible way.

Nevermind that he's watched a good amount of newer shows and isn't 'ignoring' these decades at all (unlike the majority of people who prefer only modern anime and do in fact ignore everything made before a certain year).
Nevermind that he never indicated looking down on 'lesser beings' who watch modern anime.
Nevermind he never even used the word garbage in his post.

He indicated a personal preference for older anime so that automatically means he thinks all those things even if he never said them, amirite?
Nov 11, 2016 7:51 PM

Nov 2008
The new art styles, characters and simplistic backgrounds just aren't doing it for me. I'm not surprised Kill la Kill bored me within its first episodes while Future Boy Conan has been much easier. I think Japan lost it a long time ago.

Nov 11, 2016 7:52 PM

Oct 2015
Of course, no doubt about it. Retro will always win.
"I came here to sniff Madoka panties and kick witch ass and I am all out 'doka panties" - Homora Akemi
Nov 11, 2016 7:53 PM

Jun 2016
Pullman said:
leNerd said:

you've completed 3k+ anime. how long are you became a shut in?
I'm just curious.

Nov 11, 2016 7:53 PM

Jun 2015
Pullman said:

Nevermind that he's watched a good amount of newer shows and isn't 'ignoring' these decades at all (unlike the majority of people who prefer only modern anime and do in fact ignore everything made before a certain year).

Wow. So a good amount to you is less than 20 series? Sure whatever.

Pullman said:
Nevermind that he never indicated looking down on 'lesser beings' who watch modern anime.

Godammit, it's implied. The guy gives out low scores to anything made after `03 (he even brags about it) and he ridicules the younger anime fans that appreciate what he gives low ratings to. What more do you want?

Pullman said:
He indicated a personal preference for older anime so that automatically means he thinks all those things even if he never said them, amirite?

I recommend you take a second look at his post.
Nov 11, 2016 8:16 PM

Apr 2016
Yes, because Girl's Bravo is probably the oldest one I watched. And it;s the best anime
Nov 11, 2016 8:19 PM

Oct 2013
Im bored so I felt like I should leave a new comment again
In all honesty when people say they only like one specific time period of shows I feel they are shallow as hell
Saying you only like old anime is no different to people who only like new anime
Saying new anime will never be as good as old anime is just stupid
Just like when my friend said he would love more Hulk related scenes or even more movies to flesh out his character in the MCU
So I recommended we watch the 1978 series since I have all 5 seasons on DVD and its the best way to get to know the character since he doesn't read comics
But he told me he can't watch it because its old and that the Hulk just doesn't look like the Hulk when its a guy in paint vs the CGI version

Its just such shallow thinking
Nov 11, 2016 8:41 PM
Apr 2016
Well... I recently just watched Evangelion (the first movie, but eh, don't know what the differences would be, and couldn't care to find out), and that was really good. I can't say that all old anime are better than new anime by default just because they're old. I'm sure there were a fair amount of crappy anime from back then, just like there are a ton of crappy anime today.

I can't say that either is better than the other by simple definition of "old" or "new." So it'd probably just be a show-by-show basis. The one thing that new shows have over old shows is that... new shows can be made today, and because of that, they have potential to actually develop and improve. I mean, you can't make an old show today (barring remakes). That's just... not how time works, I guess?
Nov 11, 2016 8:46 PM

Feb 2010
bmoore07 said:
Pullman said:

Out of 34 total. That's far from 'ignoring' this time period, saying otherwise is just absurd. By that logic he's ignoring old anime even more. He's ignoring the whole medium!

Pullman said:

Godammit, it's implied. The guy gives out low scores to anything made after `03 (he even brags about it) and he ridicules the younger anime fans that appreciate what he gives low ratings to. What more do you want?

He just mentioned his preference, if you call that bragging I'm not sure what to say. You can interpret everything in ways that make whoever said it look bad if you want to. Liking old anime does seem to make people want to do that with everything you say, I've seen it countless times on MAL.
And he made fun of younger anime fans who ignore or bash everything old based on pseudo-arguments like art style and graphics. I know the type. They're the ones who don't even look at recs before 2010 or 2006 and actually ignore (as in not even watch a single fucking show instead of 20) whole decades based on prejudices, something you pretend to not condone but probably are fine with as long as the preference is new anime instead of old anime.

Pullman said:

I'd recommend you the same but by now I think it'd be pointless. You clearly know exactly what you want to read and don't let yourself be bothered by the fact that none of these things were written.

Deknijff said:
In all honesty when people say they only like one specific time period of shows I feel they are shallow as hell
Saying you only like old anime is no different to people who only like new anime
Just like when my friend said he would love more Hulk related scenes or even more movies to flesh out his character in the MCU
So I recommended we watch the 1978 series since I have all 5 seasons on DVD and its the best way to get to know the character since he doesn't read comics
But he told me he can't watch it because its old and that the Hulk just doesn't look like the Hulk when its a guy in paint vs the CGI version

Not that I disagree but saying you prefer one time period is not the same as saying you only like that. Old anime fans usually prefer old anime but also watch new ones when they pick their interest while modern anime fans often exclusive watch stuff after 2000 or 2006 or 2010, which is why I consider people like OP more open-minded than your modern-day casual.

Luuji222 said:
Pullman said:

I'm just curious.

Aren't you a funny one?
I didn't have 166 Days of Anime watched when I was your age. How did it feel to no-life away your youth?
I'm just curious.
Nov 11, 2016 8:51 PM

Jan 2011
As much as I like some newer shows...I notice a trend...every year starting from 2010 can be sum up with one anime. You don't need to watch other anime besides that one.

What we like and dislike has become more narrow and a lot of shows fall by the wayside.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Nov 11, 2016 8:58 PM

Oct 2013
Pullman said:
Deknijff said:

Not that I disagree but saying you prefer one time period is not the same as saying you only like that. Old anime fans usually prefer old anime but also watch new ones when they pick their interest while modern anime fans often exclusive watch stuff after 2000 or 2006 or 2010, which is why I consider people like OP more open-minded than your modern-day casual.
I agree with what you say. Having a preference but still being open minded is fine but OP isn't being open minded when he says this
I honestly don't think that anime will EVER be as good as it used to be
that is shallow thinking
especially when he has only watched like 30 shows
Now of course numbers shouldn't dictate someone’s complete worth of opinion but it can be a good indicator of how serious you can take a person’s opinion
Like when someone who has only watched 5 anime and then say Naruto is the best anime ever made
Nov 11, 2016 8:58 PM

Jun 2016
Pullman said:
bmoore07 said:

Out of 34 total. That's far from 'ignoring' this time period, saying otherwise is just absurd. By that logic he's ignoring old anime even more. He's ignoring the whole medium!

He just mentioned his preference, if you call that bragging I'm not sure what to say. You can interpret everything in ways that make whoever said it look bad if you want to. Liking old anime does seem to make people want to do that with everything you say, I've seen it countless times on MAL.
And he made fun of younger anime fans who ignore or bash everything old based on pseudo-arguments like art style and graphics. I know the type. They're the ones who don't even look at recs before 2010 or 2006 and actually ignore (as in not even watch a single fucking show instead of 20) whole decades based on prejudices, something you pretend to not condone but probably are fine with as long as the preference is new anime instead of old anime.

I'd recommend you the same but by now I think it'd be pointless. You clearly know exactly what you want to read and don't let yourself be bothered by the fact that none of these things were written.

Deknijff said:

Luuji222 said:
I'm just curious.

Aren't you a funny one?
I didn't have 166 Days of Anime watched when I was your age. How did it feel to no-life away your youth?
I'm just curious.
I don't understand what you're aiming at. But I'm just curious if you became a shut in once, after completing such number of series, and how long did you take.
I'm a shut in for 2 years. and I want to know about others experience.

Nov 11, 2016 9:01 PM

Feb 2015
I do not feel any preference one way or the other solely on the basis of something being older or newer.
Nov 11, 2016 9:20 PM
Aug 2014
RoyFarrite said:
Well... I recently just watched Evangelion (the first movie, but eh, don't know what the differences would be, and couldn't care to find out), and that was really good. I can't say that all old anime are better than new anime by default just because they're old. I'm sure there were a fair amount of crappy anime from back then, just like there are a ton of crappy anime today.

I can't say that either is better than the other by simple definition of "old" or "new." So it'd probably just be a show-by-show basis. The one thing that new shows have over old shows is that... new shows can be made today, and because of that, they have potential to actually develop and improve. I mean, you can't make an old show today (barring remakes). That's just... not how time works, I guess?

Honestly, I don't think that something is automatically better just because it's older. Like some of the worst games/animated movies I've seen/played were made in the 1990s.
Nov 11, 2016 9:30 PM
Aug 2014
bmoore07 said:
Pullman said:

Pullman said:

Pullman said:

Look dude, I don't mind that kids like the stuff that I don't like. But I do mind when they totally fanboy/fangirl on me and say that I have a "wrong opinion" and say shit like "NO! SWORD ART ONLINE IS THE BEST ANIME EVER MADE AND ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE CAN SHUT UP!!" or... "OMGFDaisuuu~<3 Kirito~kun is my husbando!! I'm a write yaoi fanfiction of him and Joel from The Last of Us!!! ^_^"

Second, I'm sorry that it looks like a give low scores to anything made past '03. I just don't enjoy those anime, okay? Honestly, there was this one new anime I watched that I liked. I think it was called Strawberry Panic...? Not sure.

If you like those anime that I didn't like, hey, that's okay. I just personally didn't like them. Can't we all just get along?
Nov 11, 2016 9:34 PM

Nov 2013
Again and again I'll say that new and old are good. I think it's just a matter of preference. There are people who like jazz, and some like rock music.

IMO, THERE ARE NO BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OLD AND NEW ANIME, except the art styles.

I like old and new gundam. I think they have their own plus and minus. It's also the same case with Macross.

In old time we got Ghost in the shell, and in 2012 we have psycho pass. Both are great cyber punk sci-fi.

If at old times we got yu yu hakusho then in 2011 we got hunter x hunter by the same author. Both are good imo. (I've only watched YYH in my childhood up until vs Toguro brothers though, wait is the name correct?)

Until today we still got pokemon and other anime for child. I haven't watched Dragon ball super so I can't compare. One piece is still airing until now. Old franchise like beyblade, Pretty cure, yugioh, always gets new version.

There are also anime that adapts old material such as Jojo, parasyte, and reboot of Space battleship Yamato. Even if the source is old, the anime is NEW.

Maybe there are other comparison but I'm too lazy to type. Oh well. Old and new anime are good, well, at least in my opinion.
Nov 11, 2016 9:35 PM

Jun 2015
I like older anime and casual anime and even so called elitist anime so if it's good or I like it doesn't matter.
Nov 11, 2016 10:01 PM

Feb 2010
Luuji222 said:
Pullman said:

Aren't you a funny one?
I'm just curious.
I don't understand what you're aiming at. But I'm just curious if you became a shut in once, after completing such number of series, and how long did you take.
I'm a shut in for 2 years. and I want to know about others experience.

I'm sorry then but you were just jumping to conclusions and it sounded like you were sure I was a shut-in just based on my list (you wouldn't be the first one) and using it as an insult. I'm not tho, never was. Just a NEET for 1,5 years :>.
But I don't like it when people act like they know about my social life just based on my list.
Nov 11, 2016 10:06 PM

Aug 2013
>made a pretentious ass thread
>use Dragon ball as an example

Well done OP, you just basically made your own argument invalid.
Nov 11, 2016 10:15 PM

Mar 2016
You are not alone man. . . I also prefer older anime than newer anime. . . It's because the character design they have which more realistic and looks mature. . .
"People who don't see that anime has changed are either wearing "glasses" or watching only a certain type (and or era) of anime"
"Having a low mean score doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't enjoy anime. Rating system is not a school grading system."
"Elitist is people who think he is superior than others. Not necessarily ones who insulting/critisizing your favorite anime or people who enjoy a certain type of anime"
"Fanboy is people who translating "your favorite anime is shit" into "you are shit".
"Being a fanboy is an indication of elitism"
Nov 11, 2016 10:27 PM

Oct 2013
Kurniawan_Ktr said:
It's because the character design they have which more realistic and looks mature
just giving you some visual aid to help prove your point
Anime directed by Watanabe Takashi during 1995

Anime directed by Watanabe Takashi during 2005
Nov 11, 2016 10:32 PM
Apr 2016
I prefer good anime. Doesn't matter when its released. The only thing new anime has over old anime is flashier visuals. Some people value that more highly than others.
Nov 11, 2016 10:33 PM

Mar 2016
Deknijff said:
Kurniawan_Ktr said:
It's because the character design they have which more realistic and looks mature

that 2005 version looks like 10 yo elementary kids
"People who don't see that anime has changed are either wearing "glasses" or watching only a certain type (and or era) of anime"
"Having a low mean score doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't enjoy anime. Rating system is not a school grading system."
"Elitist is people who think he is superior than others. Not necessarily ones who insulting/critisizing your favorite anime or people who enjoy a certain type of anime"
"Fanboy is people who translating "your favorite anime is shit" into "you are shit".
Nov 11, 2016 10:41 PM

Oct 2013
Kurniawan_Ktr said:
Deknijff said:

thats probably because she is around that age physically since she doesn't age anymore after becoming a flame haze
Would you say Lina the girl from the 1995 picture looks 15?
Nov 11, 2016 10:43 PM

May 2013
I can't stand old shit.. the oldest i can go back is like early 2k
Nov 11, 2016 10:46 PM
Apr 2016
Why? You're missing out on so much good anime. Is it the visuals? Is old stuff not shiny enough?
Nov 11, 2016 10:50 PM

Mar 2016
Deknijff said:
Kurniawan_Ktr said:
thats probably because she is around that age physically since she doesn't age anymore after becoming a flame haze
Would you say Lina the girl from the 1995 picture looks 15?

at least she looks mature than the latter. . .
Beside, if you want to compare them, why taking only one example? Why not comparing all of character that have been made in 80s/90s and 2010s?... It's such stupid thing to do though. . .
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you be in favor of tipping Crunchyroll for every anime you complete on their platform?

Dije - Apr 16

39 by Sigma- »»
9 minutes ago

» What is your most re-watched anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 15

86 by Sigma- »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Which one do you prefer?

MillerEvans23 - Yesterday

23 by Recprocate »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you tend to watch newer seasonal shows, or older shows?

Akuya - 8 hours ago

29 by redorzo »»
31 minutes ago

» Do you find how the anime community finds something to be edgy annoying?

vasipi4946 - 7 hours ago

13 by alshu »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.