Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bungo Stray Dogs
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 11, 2016 5:52 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Plant (grape especially?) user found those two who escaped. Main offense team caught up. It seems like getting on the train is not completely safe. As one of the new characters (from Mafia) appeared.

Mamo's character sensed Mafia group. They asked him to return. The new character with creepy doll is scary that was sealed before because he/she can give hallucinations. Another new character, seems to be shy, also appeared (from Guild).

It seems like the lady agreed to stay put because she agreed with what Mamo's character set deal (and to wait for the girl, who went missing) . Mamo's character found FukuJun's character. Guild leader found main guy first, but the girl who went missing appeared.
tsubasaloverNov 11, 2016 6:05 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 11, 2016 6:04 AM

Mar 2016
So Lovecraft unleashes his inner cthulhu lmao
Yeah thanks Steinbeck, I think I won't eat grapes for a while now .
Shishou_23Nov 11, 2016 8:28 AM
Nov 11, 2016 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
That was some crazy mindfuck. Q is a creepy kid, possibly one of the creepiest characters this season that I've seen so far. Poor Atsushi. At least they managed to survive that encounter. I think Q was trying to sent a message to Dazai.

Junichirou is awesome this episode. While I find the relationship he shares with his sister a bit odd, it's undeniable that he goes great lengths to try and protect her.

Bleh, a cliffhanger. Nice to see Kyouka though.
Nov 11, 2016 9:18 AM

Mar 2016
Hmm let's see i watched it till the end this time .
It was a great episode . But i have a bit of a qualms with the stuff they removed . They removed most of the comedic and funny interactions like dazai trolling a dog and lovecraft saying "even breathing is a chore" when steinbeck asked him if he likes chores cause you know Lovecraft is always tired , and kouyou trolling atsushi implying dazai did something bad to her (rape maybe) when they actually only struck a deal. lol But hey at least they kept the funny reveal of Gin being actually a girl (and a beautiful one when she's not in assassin clothes) lol . Also the guild was never late to the scene . They were on time , but thanks to naomi's skills, they slipped at first before being caught eventually . They just altered that bit and made it that steinbeck and lovecraft were late at first so haruno and naomi managed to get in the car and escape before the grape vines got to them eventually . But no big deal .
Moving on, here is where dazai's backstory starts to tie in with this arc as we see ango again . And we know why dazai said that line in the manga "do you think I've forgiven you?" . Ango said the guild is above the law due to their power . So it's not the last of steinbeck and Lovecraft . With what ango said, they'll be set free shortly .
Now onto Q, his voice is a bit too feminine, but eh no problem . But the mind ravaging scene was well executed . Them eyes makes him even more creepy yet he's still kinda cute lol . Good thing dazai offered that advice to atsushi . Don't let some hallucinations get to you .
That Fitzgerald greatness though . Look how sinister he acts and looks . They introduced lady Louisa too.
The great old one is a great ability though . Can't wait to see the full extent to it . Lovecraft is easily the most OP character. Kunikida lol bullets won't do it not even truck crashing into him .... Btw i was waiting for lovecraft casually relocating his neck , that was funny af
Shishou_23Nov 11, 2016 12:07 PM
Nov 11, 2016 9:22 AM

Jan 2015
Whoa, that fight between two siscon men. Aisde from that, the Q's mind-control power sure is creepy with that extra tears of blood at the target.
And for the cliffhanger, Kyouka is back.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Nov 11, 2016 9:33 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Holy shit, that grapes ability. That was sick, i was worried for Naomi and her friend.

Thank god for the best ability of the series, Tanizaki is GOAT!

Q is terrifying, FUCK o__O

Ango and Dazai got hit by a car!

Where did Kyouka come from? That last part was a bit weird and sudden.
Nov 11, 2016 9:37 AM

Mar 2016
Smudy said:

Where did Kyouka come from? That last part was a bit weird and sudden.

Yeah i was told that's not the best part to end on , but she'll explain to atsushi where she was this whole time . Would have preferred to end it on the car crash .
Shishou_23Nov 11, 2016 10:12 AM
Nov 11, 2016 9:38 AM

Jun 2014
Kyooooouka!!!! WOOO!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2016 11:30 AM

Feb 2016
this was an exciting episode, lot of stuff happening and that... grape power thingy was so... weird and hard to watch lol, tho it was a nice power... and now Dazai's on a car crush and we have Kyouka back :o

btw, that mind control sure looks creppy AF
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 11, 2016 12:49 PM
Sep 2013
this epi felt like it was 5min.

I have a feeling that Kyouka is going to die.. Her senpai did raise a flag and the situation that she's in isn't helping.
Nov 11, 2016 12:58 PM

Sep 2016
Oh god. I hate to hate on Bungou Stray Dogs, but this episode was far too rushed. FAR TOO RUSHED. FOUR WHOLE CHAPTERS!!! and why?!

These were huge scenes that they just abriged the crap out of. Lovecraft, Steinbeck and Q are kind of a big deal! They shouldn't have been rushed so much.

I'm happy they included Gin's voice though!

Not as happy about Q's voice...
But Q looked amazing otherwise! Although his appearance was brief...

I wonder how they are going to pace the next 6 episodes...

I'm not happy about this pacing...
O Grantors of Dark Disgrace
Do Not Wake Me Again

Nov 11, 2016 1:12 PM

Mar 2016
@Leio13

I think you're overreacting. It's not bad as you say it .
It was normally 3 chapters per episode for guild arc already . But this time 4 chapters.
They only omitted (many) of the funny and comedic moments and altered the way steinbeck and Lovecraft arrived on scene.

but maybe Was there too much to absorb ? Well you can argue that there was too much to absorb .
Other than that the fights were faithfully adapted, and Q's mind ravaging was also faithfully adapted .

I think they want to reach chapter 39 .
Shishou_23Nov 11, 2016 1:17 PM
Nov 11, 2016 1:15 PM
May 2016
Kinda creepy gifts the Guild and Port Mafia have, grapes user implanted on neck, tentacles user then the most creepy Q's mind control. Ango was back on th scene, what a cute greeting, pointing gun on him by Dazai. I wonder how Kyouka got there and what she will do.
Nov 11, 2016 1:21 PM

Jun 2013
The Guild guys catch Naomi-chan on her way down in her car. Lol that guy has grape vines growing out of his neck. That looked funny. I liked how the two Guild goons were taken out. The onii-san made all of them an illusion and an incoming truck smashed into them. That was cool.

The mafia had everything planned out. They sent their secret weapon into the train which was being taken to escape. That kid was dripping with evil and suspicious. I liked how they showed us what Atsushi was being made to see and then what was really happening. Only Atsushi was controlled and was made to see that those girls are being controlled. And what was up with Mori asking Dazai to join the mafia again? Is he serious about that or was it just to buy some more time?

Ango is back here which is good. Dazai is going to him for help because having the government on their side will help them especially since that organization has some strong gifted members. That car smashing in seemed planned. Who planned it? It could be anyone, even Ango. Ango did say that the Guild is above the law right now and there is a reason why the government hasn't interfered so far. Maybe Ango or the government doesn't want to enter this shit. Or it could be the mafia or guild who were tracking Ango and Dazai's movements and planned this. But it is too perfect to be the work of the mafia or guild. And the Guild leader just popped in to take Atsushi away. Guess he wouldn't have to give those billions of yen prize money to anyone lol. That is, unless Kyouka doesn't do anything about it. Everyone has their own plans and is trying to fool the enemy and get the upper hand. They're all putting their plans into action together. This three-way battle sure is going to get more intense with this car crashing into Ango.
Nov 11, 2016 1:24 PM

Sep 2016
@dragonslayer_19
That's fair. They did adapt the fights pretty accurately, but they removed a lot of dialogue. Maybe I missed it but I believe they skipped the Kouyou warning. They could just flashback next episode though I guess. Dazai and Higuchi's conversation is missing some details I think. I'm not sure. I can't recall everything anymore because I have awful memory, but I just wish they didn't.
Also, I really hope they don't go to episode 39. They don't need to go that far. It will just rush things further.
Do Not Wake Me Again

Nov 11, 2016 1:30 PM

Mar 2016
Leio13 said:
@dragonslayer_19
That's fair. They did adapt the fights pretty accurately, but they removed a lot of dialogue. Maybe I missed it but I believe they skipped the Kouyou warning. They could just flashback next episode though I guess. Dazai and Higuchi's conversation is missing some details I think. I'm not sure. I can't recall everything anymore because I have awful memory, but I just wish they didn't.
Also, I really hope they don't go to episode 39. They don't need to go that far. It will just rush things further.

But chapter 39 is important to understand atsushi and how he became the man he is today . It is a possibility they might think of going for it . I'm speculating on my part .
Dazai's conversation with higuchi was pretty accurate . They even revealed gin is a girl and made sure to justify how dazai found out they're watching . If they put that, i don't think other details were skipped .
Shishou_23Nov 11, 2016 1:43 PM
Nov 11, 2016 1:58 PM

Dec 2014
Q is actually pretty creepy in a way, but also quite adorable. Also a guy. On the other hand, the character named Gin is female. Every time I heard that name its been a male. Odd...

Pretty intense episode all things considered.
Nov 11, 2016 2:23 PM
Jul 2018
Impressive episode overall, too many things to absorb this time...
Nov 11, 2016 2:34 PM

Dec 2014
Very good episode.

Lovecraft and Steinbeck have pretty cool abilities.
I was wondering how Naomi was gonna escape especially with both Kunikida and Tanizaki held up by Lovecraft's ability but that was a pretty awesome move that Tanizaki pulled there.

Gin scene was funny. xD

Q is awesome, That's one amazing ability he has there. Even Dazai knows this guy is bad news.

Interesting to see Ango show up, That car crash. :O
Francis showed up in person to kidnap Atsushi, Kyouka showed up as well. Next episode should be really good.
Nov 11, 2016 2:39 PM

Nov 2016
Luckily in this universe is easy to make a train stop in the middle of nowhere and wait without any further explanation. How convenient.

I liked my Dazai very much, as always. Though I'm surprised he just stayed there watching at that car plowing into them. Must be for the plot.
Nov 11, 2016 2:49 PM

May 2016
In S1, I thought Gin was a girl but they called them, he.
In S2, I thought Gin was a guy, but he was a she all along.
And also Q is actually a boy as well.
Nice to see the prequel/beginning of S2 actually ties into the mainstory. Hope Ango isn't dead, Dazai already has too many dead friends.
Cthuallu makes his anime return. This marks the second series I've seen him (+ other lovecraft stories) in anime.
Nov 11, 2016 2:53 PM

Sep 2016
DragonSlayer_19 said:
Leio13 said:
@dragonslayer_19

But chapter 39 is important to understand atsushi and how he became the man he is today . It is a possibility they might think of going for it . I'm speculating on my part .
Dazai's conversation with higuchi was pretty accurate . They even revealed gin is a girl and made sure to justify how dazai found out they're watching . If they put that, i don't think other details were skipped .

I think even small pieces of dialogue help to characterize. Maybe they're not the most significant plot-wise, but I think they exist for a reason. Also, while everything was included, it was an overwhelming amount of content for one episode in my opinion.

Additionally, I completely agree that chapter 39 is extremely important, but not for this arc. Ranpo is in the midst of what could be amazing character development in the current manga arc, but does that mean they should shove it in this anime adaptation? No. While its true that Ranpo development is happening in an entirely different arc and Atsushi's is somewhere in between, chapter 39 still isn't a part of the guild arc. I think they should conclude the season with the conclusion of an arc. It seems for resolved that way. Instead of hoping chapter 39 included, I'd rather pray that it will be animated in due time with a second season. Overall, chapter 39 is important, but it isn't necessary for this season and would only rush things further.
Do Not Wake Me Again

Nov 11, 2016 2:58 PM

May 2015
The war drags on. Cool new powers on display, and Dazai being Dazai.

Also, GIN IS BEST GIRL NOW!!!
Nov 11, 2016 2:59 PM

Mar 2016
Leio13 said:
DragonSlayer_19 said:

I think even small pieces of dialogue help to characterize. Maybe they're not the most significant plot-wise, but I think they exist for a reason. Also, while everything was included, it was an overwhelming amount of content for one episode in my opinion.

Additionally, I completely agree that chapter 39 is extremely important, but not for this arc. Ranpo is in the midst of what could be amazing character development in the current manga arc, but does that mean they should shove it in this anime adaptation? No. While its true that Ranpo development is happening in an entirely different arc and Atsushi's is somewhere in between, chapter 39 still isn't a part of the guild arc. I think they should conclude the season with the conclusion of an arc. It seems for resolved that way. Instead of hoping chapter 39 included, I'd rather pray that it will be animated in due time with a second season. Overall, chapter 39 is important, but it isn't necessary for this season and would only rush things further.

I completely agree with you on one part . These funny moments and bits of dialogues like ones between steinbeck and lovecraft or atsushi and dazai or even dazai trolling a dog help to characterize (though people complained about them last season smfh) . It is quite a big amount to absorb . I'd argue that chapter 39 is connected to the guild arc
Nov 11, 2016 3:03 PM

May 2015
I don't understand what right the second season thinks it has to be this good compared to the first season.

This arc has just been cool the whole time. I hope they don't slow it down and it's just as full force as always.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Nov 11, 2016 3:41 PM

Sep 2016
DragonSlayer_19 said:
Leio13 said:

I completely agree with you on one part . These funny moments and bits of dialogues like ones between steinbeck and lovecraft or atsushi and dazai or even dazai trolling a dog help to characterize (though people complained about them last season smfh) . It is quite a big amount to absorb . I'd argue that chapter 39 is connected to the guild arc

That's true, but I still think it would be less conclusive, and also a bit of a sour note to end the serious on. I think that they could include it in the second season and it wouldn't be that awful. If anything, I think it would be sort of a reminder of what happened for those who forgot. I will admit that it won't work well if the second season isn't anytime soon, but otherwise, it shouldn't be a huge problem. Also, chapter 38 isn't related to the guild arc at all, so it will seem more tangential in my opinion. Overall, I think it could work during the second season if one comes to be.
Either way, I really hope they don't rush any further, and if that means postponing chapter 39, then, I'm all for it.
Do Not Wake Me Again

Nov 11, 2016 3:48 PM

Sep 2014
I liked this episode more than 5 and 6, but near the end I couldn't help but feel it got a little rushed. I don't even read the manga, but when it went from Ango meeting with Dazai to Ango and Dazai in a car that got hit to Atsushi fighting the guild leader to Kyouka showing up, it just felt oddly paced.

Also it felt weird seeing Dazai call someone Gin-chan, because Kagura kept poping up in my mind lol
Nov 11, 2016 4:00 PM

Jul 2013
Even though the episode was a bit rushed (since they skipped some scenes or adapted others differently), they still managed to adapt it well more or less.
The fight against Steinbeck and Lovecraft was cool, Bones made Lovecraft creepy like in the manga, they adapted Tanizaki siscon scene well and made Steinbeck's ability look even more painful than in the manga. I would have liked to see the interacctions both Guild members had in the source, but nothing can help it.

Q's scene was creepier than the manga. The laugh of the doll was scary as Hell. Curiously, they also made Q cuter here, must be for the voice.
They also didn't skipped Gin's gender reveal. Bravo, Bones.

Didn't liked how the studio adapted Ango's scene, however. The transition was too sudden and the manga portrayed better the Guild inmunity to the justice.

Fitzgerald is an awesome villain. He has most of the qualities I like the most for a main antagonist, and his brief appearance here overpowering Atsushi was very cool. I want to see how people will react to his powers, who are one of my favorite abilities of the series.
IllyricusNov 11, 2016 4:05 PM
Nov 11, 2016 4:33 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode.

Steinbeck & Lovecraft are creepy. A whole tree growing out of his neck. Well OK then.
Tanizaki's Light Snow came in handy.

Q is also weird & scary with that Mind Control ability.
Ango is back & gets into a car crash with Dazai.

Francis too strong for Atsushi. Kyouka on the scene. Wonder how much she can help?
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 11, 2016 8:24 PM

Jun 2015
Lovecraft and Steinbeck have really weird abilities. Q is a creepy kid. He going to get rekt by Dazai. You don't mess with him. Junichirou was so cool in this episode. He would burn the world to save his sister. Atsushi got messed up by the guild leader and Kyouka suddenly appears. Surprising to see Ango. That cliffhanger. I hope Dazai is okay.
Nov 11, 2016 8:34 PM

Dec 2009
This episode was intense as hell. The grape ability was unsettling and of course Lovecraft had Cthulhu tentacles haha. That Q kid has an interesting ability and the fact that Dazai threatened to outright kill him next time says a lot. I was wondering what Dazai could possibly want with Ango after all this time but that was cut short by that random car crash Xl damn it I want to know if they'll be friends again or not. Also that ending with the Guild Leader attacking Atsushi was nuts due to how op he is, at least my favorite girl reappeared at the end!
Nov 11, 2016 9:02 PM

Aug 2014
Second mention of Dogra Mogra in a week. Think I'll give it a read.
Sieg Zeon!
Nov 11, 2016 9:17 PM
Apr 2016
I'm sad they deleted Naomi being badass and the Dazai-dog scene in the manga. But this was paced well.

I honestly find Q really cute.

Can't wait to see the actual best girl next week!
Nov 11, 2016 9:24 PM

Jun 2013
fuck that creepy kid
Nov 11, 2016 9:37 PM

Jun 2016
I thought the episode was okay-ish at best. There is zero tension compared to the prequel arc, because the characters don't seem like they're gonna die.
Nov 11, 2016 9:55 PM

May 2015
The fight with Steinback and Lovecraft was cool. I'm also excited for Kyouka to help out Atsushi next week. It was really sad with everything he had to go through this episode.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Nov 11, 2016 10:23 PM

Oct 2011
siscon battle omg
Lovecraft! !!!!
Q Holy. ...
Kyouka! !!!!
Nov 11, 2016 11:14 PM

Jul 2016
This episode was too intense omg

Nov 11, 2016 11:41 PM

May 2014
Talk about an action packed episode.
That Q kid freaked me out man.
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Nov 11, 2016 11:58 PM

Jul 2007
Ooof, Its good to be back. Strange airing schedule threw me back a bit but I managed to catch up.

Interesting but expected that John Steinbecks character would be motivated by pay and supporting his family. John Steinbeck's wroks always focused on hardships of common people living in rural areas and the kind of unjust restrictions the society places on the common folk in their road through surviving. His most famous work, Grapes of Wrath is all about the hardships a common farmer faces and how easy it is to become jobless and get screwed over by the society. It actually fits his real life too since one of the biggest problems he faced was actually having a job good enough to keep his family from starving.

It makes sense that a character who is all about doing everything for his family would Clash with a character who is all about protecting his sister. I already wrote about Tanizaki before and frankly all of that still applies here and continues the same themes with him. Its interesting, because in a way this is basically all about putting the narrative from literary works of two writers against each other. What is a stronger drive? Tanizaki's protagonist's obsession over perfect woman in Naomi or Steinbeck's rational exploration of the things you need to do to save your family in Grapes of Wrath?

Likewise, HP Lovecraft has an Eldritch vibe going on since the very moment he was introduced. He is closed-off, introverted and physically weak recluse, just like his real life self. And of course his abilities seem to be inspired by the monsters he wrote about in his works. Oh this should be interesting. Lovecraft is easily the most interesting writer of the Guild now, because of the potentially crazy things he could be capable of.

Its interesting too because in this case Kunikida is very much a traditional Lovecraft protagonist being faced with impossible and insane eldritch horror that defies expectations and logic.

It is kind of interesting that as a counter-part to An Ultimate Realist and Ultimate Surrealist of western works, Port Mafia side is represented by Yumeno Kyusaku - one of the most famous surrealist writers in Japan. Its impossible to clearly describe his works, but a word "weird" fits perfectly most of them. Inspired by Japanese drama genres, most of his work had a mystery vibe, focusing on supernatural and unknown like ghosts and myths.

Its fitting that the writer of of japanese supernatural and abstract would essentially challenge and confront the the man who was obsessed with writing and recording the Chinese legends and myths. Its also kind of ironic that Yumeno Kyusaku's main work Dogra Magra is all about a young man trapped in a mental asylum. For all its obscure and avant-garde horror and nightmarish visions it contains, it is essentially story about helplessness. And Atsushi's character in Bungou is all about trying to overcome his helplessness and uselessness. Just like the characters in Yumeno's works, Atsushi is challenged with the idea of his existence being a sin itself, because of being perceived as inherently evil.

Its also weirdly fitting for this character to be Dazai's nemesis of sorts, since Dazai, both the real one and the one in Bungou has always fought with his own madness and depression. The man who pitied himself and tried to end himself many times over. In a sense, Yumeno Kyusaku wrote about the horrors that existed in Dazai's mind. The Life and the hell he feels it is has been Dazai's Asylum of Dogra Magra.

It forms this interesting and weirdly alluring triangle of interactions between Yumeno Kyusaku, Nakajima Atsushi and Osamu Dazai and it seems it also might tie in Akutagawa's story and meta-narrative into that too.

Likewise Atsushi's story of helplessness connects into Kyoka's story and into the writings of Ozaki Koyo whose most of works pretty much focus on love and what love can or can't conquer. Its also kind of hilarious that one of his most famous works is all about pitting Love against Money. And the embodiment of that in this story is F.Scott Fitzgerald. Not to mention the conflict via money being real life Fitzgerald's focus in his literary works.

This season of Bungou, including the flashback, seems to be very much focused on "contrasting the similar". Similar abilities, similar narrative interests, similar writer history, etc. While Last season used more episodic format to set up characters, here, the show manages to interweave multiple ongoing plotlines while at the same time still managing to retain its meta-level of narrative. Really fascinating.

In Fact Edogawa Ranpo and Yumeno Kyusaku basically share the monicker of "Japanese Edgar Allan Poe". Since we know Poe exists in this story from previous episode, it would REALLY be interesting to see the confrontation between the three of them happen.
Nov 12, 2016 1:52 AM

Mar 2016
Leio13 said:
DragonSlayer_19 said:

That's true, but I still think it would be less conclusive, and also a bit of a sour note to end the serious on. I think that they could include it in the second season and it wouldn't be that awful. If anything, I think it would be sort of a reminder of what happened for those who forgot. I will admit that it won't work well if the second season isn't anytime soon, but otherwise, it shouldn't be a huge problem. Also, chapter 38 isn't related to the guild arc at all, so it will seem more tangential in my opinion. Overall, I think it could work during the second season if one comes to be.
Either way, I really hope they don't rush any further, and if that means postponing chapter 39, then, I'm all for it.

You know , the pacing doesn't worry me much . We're going back to the 3 chapters per episode since the title is "The head may Err" which i really like since that is quote from the real Nakajima Atsushi's book if i recall reading up on the reference , and i like its use in that chapter. I feel sorry for Atsushi . It's not that he's weak. Asagiri pits him against the most savage people from port mafia and guild . Ozaki kouyou (one of top 5 executives), the walking disaster Q, and the leader of Guild Fitzgerald .
The more worrisome thing if they cut out that scene
Nov 12, 2016 4:27 AM

Oct 2016
another great episode .. so lovecraft and steinback finally fight with lone poet and light snow , and the great gatsby finally meet with atsushi , cant wait to see
Nov 12, 2016 4:32 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah, Q is way too dangerous and creepy to just be allowed to run free and wreak havoc. Other than that, I'm curious to see what Fitzgerald's ability is, seeing as he so easily overpowered Atsushi without using it.
Nov 12, 2016 4:59 AM

Jul 2013
DragonSlayer_19 said:
I actually fear the anime doesn't includes that scene considering
Nov 12, 2016 5:26 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A great episode as always

To think that the Port Mafia actually gave the guild the location of
the agency's civilians
such underhanded tactics

Ha the guilds abilities never cease to surprise me
this week we have plant users

Hmm the power of grapes eh
interesting power though
i had no idea grapes were actually like that though

Nice entrance from Kunikida and Tanizaki though
Kunikida is as perceptive as ever
lol Kunikida beating plant guy at his own game

Wow Tanizaka really cares for his sister
so much that he will go berserk if she is harmed in any way

glad that the civilians made it though
lol when dazai said unfortunate situation i thought it was serious lol
Hmm an interesting proposition from the Port Mafia's boss
he must really think that he has the agency beat

lol Gin was actually a girl lol
man that kid has some disturbing injuries
ha so that kid's name is Q and his power is mc eh

Damm Q
causing Atsushi to relive his nightmares again
Dazai's slaps always work lol

Lol Louisa really doesn't fit the image of a guild operative does she lol
and surprising Kyoka's former master actually respects s deal that she agreed to
To think that Dazai would go and seek Ango for help
Damm i guess that was the last time we see Ango then

And for the guilds head to just appear out of nowhere
man that guys pretty brazen
and Kyoka finally comes back
fantastic news
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2016 6:24 AM

Apr 2010
Two (or three?) creepy abilities in one episode, yay... But still, can't wait for the next episode!

Nov 12, 2016 7:41 AM

May 2015
Q's ability to control minds is truly terrifying. I thought the girls were being controlled, but Atsushi was actually the one being controlled. So unpredictable.

That ending makes me think something sad will happen DX..

All in all, another great episode.

Nov 12, 2016 8:46 AM

Oct 2015
Keep it coming! Enjoying this a lot than I did with the first season
Nov 12, 2016 9:03 AM

Sep 2016
DragonSlayer_19 said:
Leio13 said:

You know , the pacing doesn't worry me much . We're going back to the 3 chapters per episode since the title is "The head may Err" which i really like since that is quote from the real Nakajima Atsushi's book if i recall reading up on the reference , and i like its use in that chapter. I feel sorry for Atsushi . It's not that he's weak. Asagiri pits him against the most savage people from port mafia and guild . Ozaki kouyou (one of top 5 executives), the walking disaster Q, and the leader of Guild Fitzgerald .

That would be bad indeed.

I personally am concerned about the pacing, but I think that's clear by now.

Also, I hope I didn't give off the impression of not liking Atsushi because I love that boy! And I agree. He's not weak. Maybe he hasn't reached his full potential yet, but weak, he is not. He isn't emotionally weak either. I'd say he's fairly strong for making it this far after all that. Well, I don't want to spoil anything for people who haven't read the manga, but let's just say, I agree with Dazai (and what he says in chapter 39).
Do Not Wake Me Again

Nov 12, 2016 9:34 AM

Mar 2016
Leio13 said:
DragonSlayer_19 said:

That would be bad indeed.

I personally am concerned about the pacing, but I think that's clear by now.

Also, I hope I didn't give off the impression of not liking Atsushi because I love that boy! And I agree. He's not weak. Maybe he hasn't reached his full potential yet, but weak, he is not. He isn't emotionally weak either. I'd say he's fairly strong for making it this far after all that. Well, I don't want to spoil anything for people who haven't read the manga, but let's just say, I agree with Dazai (and what he says in chapter 39).

Lol nvm i just see many complaining about atsushi . I wasn't implying about you lol . People should sympathize with him for living through all that savagery . He really wants to change and find meaning in his existence . That's why he fights and wants to protect as he says that word several times . If he can do those things, then he can prove the headmasters wrong, but certain events pull him back from time to time. This is the main thing about bungou stray dogs. Lots of the characters were or are like stray dogs running without direction . Some of them found their direction while some lost it . Akutagawa describes it perfectly
Shishou_23Nov 12, 2016 9:41 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

renzospark - Oct 14, 2016

154 by kociamatka »»
Apr 13, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

228 by Virtecek »»
Mar 29, 6:17 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2016

73 by Virtecek »»
Mar 29, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2016

121 by Virtecek »»
Mar 29, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2016

97 by Virtecek »»
Mar 29, 9:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.