Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 10, 2016 9:03 PM

Jul 2013
So I'm on episode 6 of this series now and eye-patch girl (Misagi right?) just explained the curse and how it's triggered by an extra student in the class, so all these countermeasures are taken, where for example, they have to treat 1 student like they don't exist.

Why not just kick one student out of the class? Transfer one student? NOT ACCEPT A TRANSFER STUDENT?
EAT SH!T AND LIVE
Nov 11, 2016 12:22 AM

Jul 2009
I was wondering about that too. All I can say is this show has more plotholes than swiss cheese so don't bother questioning its logic.
Nov 11, 2016 2:46 PM

Jul 2013
CheekyKunt said:
I was wondering about that too. All I can say is this show has more plotholes than swiss cheese so don't bother questioning its logic.

I know right? "Think of the curse like a cell phone signal; the farther away you are the less affected you are, but uh, don't leave town you might die".
EAT SH!T AND LIVE
Nov 11, 2016 2:57 PM

Jun 2015
resinweber said:
CheekyKunt said:

I know right? "Think of the curse like a cell phone signal; the farther away you are the less affected you are, but uh, don't leave town you might die".

The school has to accept transfer students, at least in Japan.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Nov 11, 2016 4:29 PM

Jul 2013
Kageyama-chan said:
resinweber said:

But why not put them into classes 1 or 2 (or if there were any after 3, any of those)?

But besides that, I think I've answered my own question... it's not that there's an -extra- student in terms of numbers but that one of them is dead and their existence triggers the curse.
EAT SH!T AND LIVE
Nov 12, 2016 2:10 AM

Jun 2015
resinweber said:
Kageyama-chan said:

But why not put them into classes 1 or 2 (or if there were any after 3, any of those)?

But besides that, I think I've answered my own question... it's not that there's an -extra- student in terms of numbers but that one of them is dead and their existence triggers the curse.

I guess so :p, I don't remember so much about another
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Dec 17, 2016 7:01 AM
Aug 2013
resinweber said:
Kageyama-chan said:

It was mentioned in the anime that the top brass at the school did not concern themselves with the curse. They just placed the transfer in class 3 because "it was convenient" for them at the time. However, later it was explained that the curse already started in April (Misaki Mei's cousin), a month before the transfer student even arrived.
Jan 1, 2017 5:19 PM

Jul 2013
FrozenGenis said:
resinweber said:

It was mentioned in the anime that the top brass at the school did not concern themselves with the curse. They just placed the transfer in class 3 because "it was convenient" for them at the time. However, later it was explained that the curse already started in April (Misaki Mei's cousin), a month before the transfer student even arrived.

Still, this all seems like a cursory idea for a plotline. I've since finished the series and cant say much of it was all thought out. Everything that comes up seems to just be a patch for the obvious questions until the twist, which made up for some of the things (for example, how you mentioned that the curse had already started in april). But still, every question one would have about the series would get hastily patched up in later episodes. That isn't very good writing. At least they tried, and that the end was fun to watch.
EAT SH!T AND LIVE

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.