Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 20, 2016 7:58 PM

Oct 2012
This is the stuff that cult classics are made of!
Nov 21, 2016 6:14 AM

Aug 2012
Amazing episode, this show is slowly working it's way up through my rankings.

Apparently Iro's parents really didn't care all that much about their daughter if they didn't even realize that she was going to a strangers house pretty much everyday.

Those red portals are really interesting to me. I think changing the past is probably out of the question, but changing memories of people is maybe a bit more realistic.

I'd like to know whether Bu-chan signing "danger" was because of him knowing what those red portals are, or simply him saying going into a portal like that, without any knowledge of what happens if you do, is dangerous in general.

zombie_wolf said:
Another anime where alzheimer is mencioned?

I think it s the only disease that the victims suffers less than their important persons

Not necessarily, I mean, at a very late stage of the disease, that is true, but can you imagine what the person is feeling in those few moments when they actually remember things and their situation, only to then know that they will inevitably forget all their loved ones yet again?
.................................................................................
Nov 21, 2016 6:39 AM

Mar 2015
Romedbaumann said:

Apparently Iro's parents really didn't care all that much about their daughter if they didn't even realize that she was going to a strangers house pretty much everyday.

Those red portals are really interesting to me. I think changing the past is probably out of the question, but changing memories of people is maybe a bit more realistic.

I'd like to know whether Bu-chan signing "danger" was because of him knowing what those red portals are, or simply him saying going into a portal like that, without any knowledge of what happens if you do, is dangerous in general.

zombie_wolf said:
Another anime where alzheimer is mencioned?

I think it s the only disease that the victims suffers less than their important persons

Not necessarily, I mean, at a very late stage of the disease, that is true, but can you imagine what the person is feeling in those few moments when they actually remember things and their situation, only to then know that they will inevitably forget all their loved ones yet again?

Right, It s a endless loop of sadness for them
Nov 24, 2016 12:01 AM

Aug 2009
Collecting fragments...hmmmm. I haven't watched a single episode as thought provoking as this in a while. The eyes were getting a little misty. Damn that was a sweet sweet ass episode. I like the theoretical discussions that people have come up with too. Collecting the fragments might be piecing back together somebody's split personalities, or just their consciousness. I dunno, but it's original and we literally don't know the end. No biases or expectations based on source material! I really love this ride I'm on.

Dec 3, 2016 10:41 AM

Jul 2009
So what we saw was the memories of the art club girl?
Dec 3, 2016 3:57 PM

Nov 2015
Wonderful episode, nothing more to say.

5/5
Dec 6, 2016 1:38 PM

Aug 2015
This series surprises me more and more, very happy to have started. ^^
Dec 8, 2016 3:59 PM

May 2015
This episode was such a feels trip. :'(
Dec 26, 2016 4:01 PM

Jan 2013
Strange episode, didn't do much for me though
Jan 4, 2017 4:09 PM

May 2012
Quite a darker episode, especially towards that ending! Pretty nice development and episode though.
Jan 4, 2017 5:38 PM

Jan 2016
Yep, no idea at all where this is going lol
Jan 17, 2017 9:04 PM

Mar 2015
Interesting and very abstract, this one!

Plus that damn Yayako always taking the spoils of war!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 11, 2017 9:48 PM
Jul 2016
zombie_wolf said:
Romedbaumann said:

Right, It s a endless loop of sadness for them

I am a health-care provider for 30 years, have a niece with a pHd in psychology working with Alzheimer's in-patients, plus family members who had the disease. I can say that patients indeed <seem to> register/suffer emotionally when say, recognizing or failing to recognize a loved one, but moments later both the thought and any emotion attached to that thought are gone. Ultimately no new memories are made - even realizing that they forgot, and will forget again is but a flicker in their eye that gratefully fades just as fast.

On a brighter topic, the Boss defeated early on - that eye-ball on spider legs? I'm sure there are newer references, but it did remind me of the one from "Johnny Quest" :-)
Mar 14, 2017 3:47 PM

Feb 2015
Wow, they essentially corrected Iroha's memories. Very clever! Loved the concept of this episode, told a very touching story in such little time. Yayaka is still a bitch who doesn't play fair. She calls it her superior mentality, I call it being a bitch. Still need more info on what these organisations are etc, but I'm sure that will come soon.
May 15, 2017 1:02 PM
Aug 2014
Starting to like it a lot more now that there are less battles.
May 25, 2017 9:09 AM

Feb 2014
COCONA WAS FIGHTING WITH A FIDGET SPINNER I'M DONE
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2018 1:35 PM

Nov 2017
Really liked the episode, cool how they were living Iro’s life/past and how it connected with the nail polish and her artwork
Jan 30, 2019 12:38 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I'm such an idiot, all the breadcrumbs of who the little girl was presented early in the episode but I was on a haze watching this before bed. This'll be interesting on rewatch but the imagery and the story of Iro was quite satisfying,

I feel like there plot elements chugging along in the background but it's so subtle right now.
Jan 30, 2019 4:35 PM

Sep 2014
Last ep was already great but this just turned the show into a masterpiece!
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 12, 2019 3:02 PM

Dec 2018
This episode was slower than all hell, i was almost ripping my hair out begging it to end already. Maybe it would have had some kind of impact if I could be bothered to give a damn about these poorly developed characters, but I don't.
Mar 31, 2020 2:23 PM

May 2013
I hate how Dr. Salt refuses to tel them anything. He's literally just like "go fetch all the fragments" BITCH, WHAT ARE THEY AND WHAT DO YOU NEED THEM FOR???? D:<

He seems so sus, mang.
For all we know, Papika and Cocona could be duped and Yayaka is on the good side .-.
I just don't trust him as of rn :|

Anyways, I guess they fixed the past so now the current Iro-senpai is a lot happier since the 2 girls came back in the end? o.O
May 4, 2020 11:28 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
These show genres must be add with Pyshocological, Mystery, and Dementia parts, rather than illogical Adventure, Comedy, and SciFi thing . I dont actually belong to the science in this nonsense confussion story telling on these, make me even full of ignorance. Holy molly!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 20, 2020 4:20 PM

Feb 2020
Wow, I actually loved this episode, I even teared up a bit... I didn't expect this show to handle heavy topics such as dysfunctional families and
Alzheimer's. The way it was presented was great and very emotional, though still a bit confusing. It took me a while to understand we weren't exploring Cocona's and Papika's past, and it took me even more time to understand why the show was showing us all this.
(And I'm still confused about what the whole "switching up" thing was supposed to exactly represent. I have some suppositions but given that it is a tough subject, I don't want to jump to conclusions.)
I'll forgive the messy narrative for this episode because the rest was truly great. I hope the remaining episodes will be just as well done.
But I still also hope the show will finally truly develop Cocona and Papika by giving us infos about their past and the reason why they are so close despite not knowing each other for long...
Mar 21, 2021 3:59 AM

Feb 2020
This was the most emotional episode so far.

SerafosDec 16, 2023 8:00 AM
Oct 3, 2021 1:34 PM

Feb 2019
This ep hits differently than than the previous ones. I tend to get emotional when the story tells the horrors of losing memories.

~~If I have to take a wild guess, Cocona and Papika are the imaginative images of Iro-senpai the girl in the painting room.~~

Or

Cocona and Papika just experienced Iro-senpai's past memories.

Yep, Cocona and Papika experience Iro's past. Because Iro paints her nails at the end.

Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Dec 9, 2021 7:05 PM
Aug 2021
This episode hit so effing hard.
Wasn't expecting this background story.
Wow.
Jan 11, 2022 10:03 PM
Jul 2018
GOOD FUCKING GOD THIS EPISODE HIT HARD FOR ME. I literally was crying for the last third of the episode.
My grandmother is getting up there in age as well and her mind is starting to go, so this was just too relatable for me.
Excellent fucking episode, gotta say too, I may have to adjust Madoka to a 9 if I end up liking this more.
Which means this show might get a solid 10 from me.
It's just the feels man, the fucking feels.
Sep 11, 2022 1:58 AM
Jul 2020
super sweet and interesting
Nov 8, 2022 2:10 AM

Oct 2022
This show really curveballs every episode; it could easily stick with the format of 'get lost in Pure Illusion + action scene + escape', and that would be fine. But it keeps going in different directions.

I mean we got an awesome action scene in a mesmerizing painting world early in the ep, which I assumed was the highlight of the episode. But then we were hit with a tearjerker out of the blue; I definitely wasn't expecting to straight up cry going into this.

Feb 10, 2023 11:14 PM
May 2020
Unironically one of the best standalone episodes of anime ever.
Mar 20, 2023 10:10 PM

Apr 2015
For someone who watched ID Invaded recently, this anime really feels like Déjà vu
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Flip Flappers Taken Off of HiDive!

Pish_Posh - Dec 3, 2023

0 by Pish_Posh »»
Dec 3, 2023 7:37 PM

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2016

189 by Atsunome »»
Nov 12, 2023 11:26 PM

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2016

142 by Touka »»
Oct 22, 2023 1:08 PM

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2016

143 by Touka »»
Sep 26, 2023 11:30 AM

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2016

188 by natraesitur »»
Jul 5, 2023 11:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.