Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 4, 2010 12:58 PM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So this time Kida as narrator.Stay away from Anri you stalker teacher!Good move Kida interrupting him from harassing Anri :)
Actually Mika Harima is Anri friend & stalker,her face is nothing alike she does now.
Another color gang is mentioned this episode,the Yellow Turbans gangs & their color is yellow.A mysterious black figure with red eyes attacking Celty & Yellow Turban members.

Next episode seems focusing on Otakus,hell yeah van chasing scene!!
LOL at Kadota in the preview.
Feb 4, 2010 1:41 PM

Jun 2008
Always amazes me how well the story is told, by using different perspectives and timelines. Just like B... (of course the similarities don't stop there).

I didn't realize until now that Kida is 'targeting' Sonohara as well. Don't think he's got a chance though.
Feb 4, 2010 3:10 PM

Aug 2009
The show is way too interesting,
Proselyt said:
Always amazes me how well the story is told ,by using different perspectives and timelines.
I guess thats why I like it. I couldn't get the part where the person spams on the internet. "MotherMotherMotherMotherMotherMother..." I have a feeling it was some kind of message.. or it could just be a spam..
[right]

Feb 4, 2010 3:11 PM

Aug 2009
The show is way too interesting,
Proselyt said:
Always amazes me how well the story is told ,by using different perspectives and timelines.
I guess thats why I like it. I couldn't get the part where the person spams on the internet. "MotherMotherMotherMotherMotherMother..." I have a feeling it was some kind of message.. or it could just be a spam..

hmm.. how did that happen. Oh well :>
[right]

Feb 4, 2010 4:04 PM
Dec 2008
Yeah, I loved the Gintama movie commercial, it was awesome.

Oh, you mean Durarara. I also loved this episode, especially how the confusion at the start got cleared up in such a clever way. But I'm far more hyped for next week's episode: The otakus and Shizuo? Kadota fightan? Hell yes.

The chat this week was creepy btw.
Feb 4, 2010 8:13 PM

Oct 2009
This was nice but a little on the puzzling side as I got the impression the beginning was in but then they but things into it to explain more of what happened. That girl Haruna=>
and I am almost sure that it's her and she is a freak for attacking Celty! Her red eyes are scary and almost shat in my pants >_< based on this did she kill all of those yellow turbans?=>
Also is this Izaya's sister or relative=>
and does she love Kida?=>
Also nice save of Kida from Nasujima who was obviously looking at Anri's breasts here=>
hate perverted teachers! Loved background story of Anri and Harima=>
. Loved camera angle here=>
Also loved they showed Simon's restaurant inside=>
. Chat was nice and informative. Interesting from OP...Celty's head?=>
Great episode just for crazy crazy red eye katana girl! O_O Scary!

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Feb 4, 2010 10:50 PM

Jul 2009
^Not sure if the attacker Haruna girl or whatever her name,but I can sense she is indeed suspicious.The question is,why she attacked Celty & Yellow Turbans members?Those red eyes+katana is indeed scary!!

That pervert teacher,what his motive harass Anri?
Kida you playboy,trying to flirt Anri ehh...Mikado should make some moves quickly.

The most interesting part,the girl at hospital that have some past with Kida.That girl seems have a close relationship with Kida in the past & Izaya also knew her,I bet he has something to do with them in past.I cannot tell much about this ep because it can be considered as spoiler if I tell too much....

PS:Damn you Francis,when you will learn to summarize without using those screencaps!It annoys me to the end when I want to quote you =_=;;
Kagura89Feb 5, 2010 12:40 AM
Feb 5, 2010 1:13 AM

Oct 2009
Kagura89 said:
^Not sure if the attacker Haruna girl or whatever her name,but I can sense she is indeed suspicious.The question is,why she attacked Celty & Yellow Turbans members?Those red eyes+katana is indeed scary!!
That is a good question to ask yourself....not sure about her motives yet..hope they reveal them.

Kagura89 said:
That pervert teacher,what his motive harass Anri?
Kida you playboy,trying to flirt Anri ehh...Mikado should make some moves quickly.

Yeah I know Mikado should make some moves but he is just shy person. Pervert teacher might have a teen school girl problem but I think he just likes young girls with big breasts.
Kagura89 said:
The most interesting part,the girl at hospital that have some past with Kida.That girl seems have a close relationship with Kida in the past & Izaya also knew her,I bet he has something to do with them in past.I cannot tell much about this ep because it can be considered as spoiler if I tell too much....

Them tell me in my profile please. I don't mind at all the spoilers.
Kagura89 said:
PS:Damn you Francis,when you will learn to summarize without using those screencaps!It annoys me to the end when I want to quote you =_=;;
I am thinking about that too...I really am but just find it convenient to me....sry just easier to resume things instead of writing them.

Feb 5, 2010 1:31 AM

May 2007
looooool awesome, Celty's fear for aliens is the last thing i was expecting from her >__<
Feb 5, 2010 3:56 AM
Jun 2008
The narration in the last is very good."In this town,Even though The event occur are scattered,everything is connected.Even tough I realize,I kinda feel comfortable with that,I hope our relation we remain the same " ^^

Who is the girl in the hospital??? She is Mikajima Saki .I wonder whats her relation with him? ^^
MorningGloryFeb 5, 2010 3:59 AM
Feb 5, 2010 6:32 AM

Jul 2009
Proselyt said:

I didn't realize until now that Kida is 'targeting' Sonohara as well. Don't think he's got a chance though.

I don't think he is really after her he's just trying to get Mikado to step up. I notice he is always walks behind them and lets them walk side by side.

Who's Mr Saito from Sonohara's middle school :(
Feb 5, 2010 6:38 AM
Jan 2009
This anime just keeps blowing my mind every time I watch it.

Did anyone else notice Kida acting quite arrogantly towards those yellow scarves guys and a bit after saying he won't ever want to 'return' to that scene we see Kida's friends in Simon's sushi bar where they mention the boss of the yellow scarves supposedly left the scene RIGHT before Kida enters. Also in the first episode Mikado says 'I didn't expect you'd dye your hair', which seems innocent at first, lotsa japanese kids dye their hair blonde, but in this case it seems it has a more significant value D:

Anyone thinking what I'm thinking? D:

Man I love this show, I'm definitely rewatching a quality subbed version of this when I finish it (anyone know one?)
KirixaFeb 6, 2010 1:42 AM
Feb 5, 2010 8:13 AM

Jun 2009
Proselyt said:
Always amazes me how well the story is told, by using different perspectives and timelines. Just like B... (of course the similarities don't stop there).

This

I also think Durarara! has surpassed Baccano! already in just a few episodes, it already has more questions and the way everything is connected/related is much more intricate.

coyotech said:

I don't think he is really after her he's just trying to get Mikado to step up. I notice he is always walks behind them and lets them walk side by side. :(

I think the same.

Fridays will be my happy days from now on, since the rest of the week is almost full of shitty anime. And delicious Anri is delicious.
Feb 5, 2010 9:50 AM
Nov 2008
Loving this show.

I can't wait to find out more about Kida's past and his relationship with Izaya and that girl in the ??hospital??. In Ep 3 they had some really tense atmosphere going on after Izaya saved them from that gangsta. There are a lot more things going on then we are shown that's for sure. Really Baccano!-esque.

And Selty was so cute with the "What if it was an alien?". It really got to me:). I listened to that for a couple times and just can't get bored with it.
Feb 5, 2010 10:05 AM

Jul 2008
Hmm,I'm beggining to think that everyone knows everyone in that city,lol.[except Mikado,he's new,hehe]
I also can't wait to see who that girl is,the one that Izaya visits in the hospital[ they kinda look alike,but meh.] It seems that Izaya and Kida know each other from some time ago..
francismeunier said:
Interesting from OP...Celty's head?=>

Nope,that's not Selty's head.I can tell you who's head it is , if you want but not in here :'D
Feb 5, 2010 10:07 AM

Aug 2009
Wow! Only 1 page! Good timing.
I just watched it via GG. (But I'll rewatch when Anime Council comes out)

Oh noes! They chopped the head of the headlss biker! ... oh, wait...

Izaya is soooooo schizofrenic... Nice! He will never get bored with himself.
Feb 5, 2010 10:37 AM

May 2008
Nice episode. That monster was soo creeepy.. ;__;
Feb 5, 2010 10:56 AM

Oct 2009
TitanioVerde said:

Izaya is soooooo schizofrenic... Nice! He will never get bored with himself.

LOL
yeah i loved it!!! 5 episodes on and its got me squealing XD
and izaya was NICE to that chick in the room/hospital, which caught me off guard which means they know each other from before right?
even shizou "chilling" with selty in the previous episode was a bit surprising..hehe
and kida, i think must have been involved in gangs and stuff, plus it was a bit surprising to see that he's actually not that happy go lucky. i also liked his perspective on mikado, this way you get to see characters in a completely different light which just makes it very realistic and gives dimensions to them.
Feb 5, 2010 11:09 AM

Dec 2009
Mitzuke said:
Hmm,I'm beggining to think that everyone knows everyone in that city,lol.[except Mikado,he's new,hehe]
I also can't wait to see who that girl is,the one that Izaya visits in the hospital[ they kinda look alike,but meh.] It seems that Izaya and Kida know each other from some time ago..
francismeunier said:
Interesting from OP...Celty's head?=>

Nope,that's not Selty's head.I can tell you who's head it is , if you want but not in here :'D

As an anime-only viewer, even I knew who's head it is (read a spoiler on purpose just to see if my theory was correct, which it is). It's too obvious.
Feb 5, 2010 11:21 AM

Feb 2010
Great ep =D Kida is definatly my favorite character now
that monster thing was kinda creepy D=

Don't ignore the fading smile, oneday it could be yours
Feb 5, 2010 12:23 PM

Apr 2009
Really good episode. I love how this show switches up the narrators.
Learning more about Kida's story and more details about his friendship with Mikado is really interesting.
Feb 5, 2010 12:32 PM

Apr 2009
that katana girl is like that Rail Tracer from Baccano :)
Feb 5, 2010 12:43 PM

Mar 2009
Another good episode. The story is moving along nicely, and I'm starting to get my theories..

Need Moar Nao!! Urahara Out!!
MrHatandClogsFeb 5, 2010 6:40 PM
Feb 5, 2010 12:50 PM

Nov 2008
PLAAAAYAAAA. Haha. I love him already.
Feb 5, 2010 1:01 PM

Jan 2010
Interesting episode, I liked it. :3

Also, about the girl in hospital clothes, I think she's Kida's sister. Their hairstyles are crazy similar.
Feb 5, 2010 1:02 PM

Sep 2007
francismeunier said:
and I am almost sure that it's her and she is a freak for attacking Celty! Her red eyes are scary and almost shat in my pants >_< based on this did she kill all of those yellow turbans?

Turbans? The fuck? Where the hell do you see a turban? Do you even know what a turban is?

Aside from fail posting in this thread, this was another excellent episode. They're doing a great job giving all the characters screentime and then interlinking them to another event with other characters. Shizuo, Celty, and Izaya are still the most intriguing characters though.
Feb 5, 2010 1:04 PM
Dec 2007
That was some great developments. Kida is a very good narrator as well, and the flow of the episode was seriously awesome.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 5, 2010 1:30 PM
Jan 2009
When I first saw Haruna, she seems to fit the "Slasher". But just by looks...

I'm more interested about the Dollars and the other various gangs like the Yellow Scarves. I think Kida is way more involved in the Yellow Scarves than we're told. He also says that he doesn't ever want to go to that side again.
Feb 5, 2010 2:08 PM

Oct 2009
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:
and I am almost sure that it's her and she is a freak for attacking Celty! Her red eyes are scary and almost shat in my pants >_< based on this did she kill all of those yellow turbans?

Turbans? The fuck? Where the hell do you see a turban? Do you even know what a turban is?

Aside from fail posting in this thread, this was another excellent episode. They're doing a great job giving all the characters screentime and then interlinking them to another event with other characters. Shizuo, Celty, and Izaya are still the most intriguing characters though.
I just call them like that.....those guys with yellow bandannas. Someone else mentioned it too before not the only one but thanks on the correction of the English.

Feb 5, 2010 2:21 PM

Nov 2008
francismeunier said:
I just call them like that.....those guys with yellow bandannas. Someone else mentioned it too before not the only one but thanks on the correction of the English.

Let me introduce you to my friend..
Feb 5, 2010 2:23 PM

Aug 2009
Great episode. I'm loving this.

And I just love Kida for saving Anri over there. <3
Kida's perspective today and it was bloody awesome. So he's definitely involved in the gangs somewhere. Wonder who's his 'boss'.

More new characters. The 'Slasher'. And the producers wants us to think it's that Haruna girl.

Then the other girl in the hospital with short black hair. We've been hinted that she's important to Kida. She looks similar to Izaya but I doubt if she's a blood relative of his. I wonder if the chemistry is between her and Izaya or her and Kida. Or one of them could be her relative. Or both. Or none...or both like her...or none do, in that sense. Oh well. I'm curious. I'm crazy about action/mystery plots whihc involve such romance.

Then that girl with yagiri is bothering me. Harima...yes? Harima...no?

Too much going on. And it's brilliant. Now only time will tell. It's a sin that this airs only once a week. I hope the ending's as good as baccano's if not better and a happy complete one. This has the potential to make it up to my no.1 in favourites list.

EDIT: For a second there, that 'bang!' of Kida's reminded me of Eden of the East.
k0k0Feb 5, 2010 2:30 PM
Feb 5, 2010 2:40 PM

Jun 2009
Great episode. What more can i say?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 5, 2010 2:53 PM

Nov 2008
k0k0 said:
EDIT: For a second there, that 'bang!' of Kida's reminded me of Eden of the East.

Indeed. It even had the exact same sound.
Feb 5, 2010 2:57 PM

Nov 2007
echoing what everybody else has said -- surprisingly enough, i liked kida's narration as well. NOW I KNOW THAT HE SINCERELY LOVES HIS BEST FRIEND. ;////; ( which is adorable, imo )

what i really love is that each episode always leaves me with a billion questions in my head. I REALLY LIKE ANIMES THAT MESS WITH MY HEAD HAHA. i'm glad shinra's getting more screen time, fuck yeah. 8)b
Feb 5, 2010 2:59 PM

Nov 2009
Fantastic episode. I'm really loving the characters in this show.
Feb 5, 2010 3:05 PM

Jun 2009
Now, this scene:

suggests that
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 5, 2010 3:05 PM

Jun 2009
Hmm. Pretty good episode. It is now confirmed who all chat room guys are, except that creepy new one. The slasher who was mentioned in first episode is unfolded and it looks like there are two of them. The girl with short hair and katana and the girl with long hair and dagger or is it another mythical creature that can change forms? Kida was great in this episode, we saw his serious side, but he still speaks too fast. XD It is clear he was involved somehow with yellow gang and maybe he quit because of what happened with the girl, who Izaya meet. Mikado is slowly changing, as he is not the guy who knows nothing anymore. And who were those guys that followed him? And I am starting to get interested in Mika Harima case. But I think I already know the connection between Mika and Selty’s head. I can’t wait for the next episode.
Feb 5, 2010 3:16 PM

Jul 2009
I liked Mikado in this episode. So far he was just a clumsy main character, but he had some really good lines.
Feb 5, 2010 3:31 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
I loved seeing a different side of Kida.
p r o f i l e 👀
Feb 5, 2010 3:40 PM

May 2009
I love how the story is told by having different narrators and jumping back and forth in the timeline, and it's it's very interesting how all the characters are connected. This Haruna girl seems to be "The Slasher" and her father is looking for the town's strongest people? Kida has been involved or is involved with some gang? And who is that girl that was speaking to Izaya? So many questions that I can't wait to get answered!

Great episode.
Feb 5, 2010 3:41 PM

Aug 2008
Good Episode.

I love how the events are not in such a rigid order, but flow together in a way that is understandable and interesting.
Feb 5, 2010 3:46 PM

Nov 2009
Good ep, Kida is a funny guy.
Feb 5, 2010 3:48 PM

Aug 2008
Haruna, The Banged-by-her-teacher Slasher! Hell, why not, as mentioned before rail-tracerizm is very welcome.
also, i'd bet some money for hospitalized girl to be kida's ex, not sister. At least now we know how he met izaya
Feb 5, 2010 3:53 PM
Feb 2010
MAN I LIKED THIS EPISODE I ACTUALLY CANT WAIT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT I BET ITS KIDA'S EX AS WELL:)

Feb 5, 2010 3:55 PM

Aug 2009
k0k0 said:

Totally.

This is like taking every element that made Baccano amazing and smoothing, trimming and nailing it down to perfection.

-The opening of this episode was like sooooo Baccano. The music, the lighting, and it was even more Baccano than I thought because that was an event happening at the end of the episode.

-Yay! Kida episode. Kida is probably my second favorite character next to Celty. I love how he thinks he's in a love triangle with Anri when she's completely ignoring him. Oh and "secks-sual harasumento!?"

-Speaking of which, creepy teacher much? I mean...that was insanely creepy. His face just screams "criminal" all over it.

-Okay so if I got it right
Terui Terio=Ryuugamine
Setton=Certy
Kanra=Izaya
Feb 5, 2010 4:09 PM

Jun 2009
garfield15 said:
-Yay! Kida episode. Kida is probably my second favorite character next to Celty. I love how he thinks he's in a love triangle with Anri when she's completely ignoring him. Oh and "secks-sual harasumento!?"

"Or as Simon would put it 'sexy harasho.'" That was the best, btw "harasho"(хорошо) dosen't have anything to do with harrasment xD

garfield15 said:
-Speaking of which, creepy teacher much? I mean...that was insanely creepy. His face just screams "criminal" all over it.

Yeah he looks creepy...
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 5, 2010 4:11 PM

Sep 2007
What a great episode. I loved it. Kida-kun is growing on me, and I really want to find out about his past. Also, that creepy girl who stabbed Selty seems like another very interesting theme, and this is just getting started!! <3

Feb 5, 2010 4:40 PM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:

Actually if you translate 黄巾賊 (Kokinzoku),it will translate as Yellow Turban.Though gg subs says Yellow Scarves.But in Durarara!! volume 3 cover,it shows another name for Kokinzoku

Pretty much that's probably their official name

BTW,I have feeling that Kadota is "Dotachin" based on the preview :)
Feb 5, 2010 4:47 PM

Aug 2009
Just wanna add how much I loved how the end seamlessly flowed into the ED song.
Feb 5, 2010 5:15 PM

Aug 2009
Durarara!! continues to be the highlight of my Fridays. Kinda sad, I know.

Kida reminds me so much of one of my friends it's disturbing. They both have that kind of blase attitude towards everything, but you know that deep down they really do care about those close to them. I think TV Tropes puts it best: "Bromantic Foil." Obvious parallel with Anri and Harima.

Speaking of Anri, I can't help but think that she's almost disproportionately busty. I don't think it's just me that thinks that.
Ha-cha!
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

234 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

456 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

331 by Karva1 »»
Apr 19, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.