Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]
Nov 17, 2016 12:32 PM

May 2010
I think the Democrats took for granted that the Republicans had already gone through this, but the other way around. The voters are practically against their party, but they still vote for them because they're more against everyone else. However on the Democrat side the voters have been pitted against each other because the inflated their voter base too much with ignorant people who didn't naturally agree with one another.
Nov 17, 2016 3:50 PM
Jul 2018
So Obama said today that the protesters who are protesting Trump's election shouldn't be silent about Trump instead of trying to unify the nation for the next president.

“One of the great things about our democracy is it expresses itself in all sorts of ways. And that includes people protesting. I’ve been the subject of protests during the course of my eight years. And I suspect that there’s not a president in our history that at some point hasn’t been subject to these protests. So I would not advise people would feel strongly or are concerned about some of the issues that have been raised during the course of the campaign, I wouldn’t advise them to be silent. What I would advise, what I advised before the election and what I will continue to advise after the election is that elections matter.”

“Voting matters,” he continued. “Organizing matters. Being informed on the issues matter. And what I consistently say to young people, I say it in the United States, but I’ll say it here in Germany and across Europe, do not take for granted our systems of government and our way of live. I think there is a tendency because we have lived in an era that has been largely stable and peaceful, at least in advanced countries, where living standards have generally gone up, there is a tendency, I think, to assume that that’s always the case. And it’s not. Democracy is hard work. In the United States if 43 percent of eligible voters do not vote, then democracy is weakened.
removed-userNov 17, 2016 3:54 PM
Nov 17, 2016 4:27 PM

Nov 2009
Neane93 said:
So Obama said today that the protesters who are protesting Trump's election shouldn't be silent about Trump instead of trying to unify the nation for the next president.
What he said was that protesting was okay . . . Which under the constitution it is. Albeit he definitely should have noted that HOW you protest is important, and that what those protesting Trump are doing is not always okay.
Nov 17, 2016 5:13 PM
Jul 2018
Pirating_Ninja said:
Neane93 said:
What he said was that protesting was okay . . . Which under the constitution it is. Albeit he definitely should have noted that HOW you protest is important, and that what those protesting Trump are doing is not always okay.

I agree with your statement, he should have talked about how people can protest if they wanted to but in a similar manner of how Jon Stewart tried to tell people who don't think that Trump will be good president not to paint an entire half of the nation as just a bunch of racists he should have talked that they should do so in a manner that isn't hostile to everyone who supported Trump or in any way can cause harm.

This election was nasty from both sides and in the aftermath we are deeply divided, just cause of that doesn't mean that we can talk about stuff that needs to be talked about while at the same time being united as a nation and not fighting each other.
removed-userNov 17, 2016 5:17 PM
Nov 17, 2016 10:28 PM

Apr 2014
RedArmyShogun said:
There is no border wall along that border, though Mexico is seemingly intent on building one if the US does, as they don't want South Americans storming to them to reach the US, which they have, I think in a sign of appeasement to the US, they've been arresting and deporting Central Americans en-route to the US in droves.

South Americans? No.
People from Central America is the answer.
Even there are more South Koreans in the US than Hispanics from South American nations.
In fact, South American support Trump because if he really has the courage to challenge the elites of your country, he would benefit us indirectly.

_Nemrod_Nov 17, 2016 10:48 PM

Nov 17, 2016 11:27 PM
Feb 2014
RedArmyShogun said:
This image sums up how the mal threads/internet is here lately.

Kek be praised?

Member when Trump supporters were the polarizing voice?
Member when liberals were love and peace?
Member when CNN was neutral?
Member when frogs weren't Nazi animals?
Member when people hated Clinton?
Member when Trump was supposed to lose big league?
AqutanNov 17, 2016 11:31 PM
Nov 18, 2016 6:32 AM

Nov 2015
Neane93 said:

Typical. /15chars
Nov 18, 2016 8:00 AM

Jan 2013
American's will feel the pain win they realize populism doesn't work. Look at south America, Greece and now the brexit bs.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2016 10:17 AM
Jul 2018
https://imgur.com/a/ib9bn#4ISRLJE

This is golden, this is like DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN but an entire magazine of it.

And it appears the same dude who said that Bush didn't care about black people likes Trump
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/kanye-says-he-would-have-voted-for-trump-if-he-had-bothered-to-go-to-the-polls-2016-11-18

Member when Trump supporters were the polarizing voice?
Member when liberals were love and peace?
Member when CNN was neutral?
Member when frogs weren't Nazi animals?
Member when people hated Clinton?
Member when Trump was supposed to lose big league?

Pepperidge Farm remembers
removed-userNov 18, 2016 11:15 AM
Nov 18, 2016 4:37 PM

Oct 2015
Thebigofan said:
American's will feel the pain win they realize populism doesn't work. Look at south America, Greece and now the brexit bs.

Yes, but it increases the influence the working class (ie. the majority of the population) have in politics, which is a good thing, especially now under neoliberal capitalism where the rich are the only ones encouraged to enter political discourse and the working class (ie. the majority of the population) are alienated from politics and thus descend into a kind of hyperconsumerist nihilism. In a democratic system of government, which is meant to be based on will of the majority, this is not a good system.

Of course the right wing populism will fail too because like all forms of identity politics, it's based on scapegoating, in this case scapegoating immigrants for all of the world's problems, while only giving more power to the financial elite, but when the house of cards falls over class consciousness will increase.

Nov 19, 2016 10:13 AM

May 2010
A great interview and look into the life of Trump:
Nov 19, 2016 1:55 PM
Jul 2018

This was reported in the Adam Yauch Park in Brooklyn, either this was done by the stupidest skinheads ever to have lived or by legitimately stupid left wingers trying to create controversy as anyone with a brain-cell knows how to draw a decent swastika.
Nov 19, 2016 2:25 PM

May 2010
Neane93 said:
anyone with a brain-cell knows how to draw a decent swastika.
Especially considering that if you reverse it it has a totally different meaning and origin.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=%E5%8D%8D%20
=/=
Even still isn't related to nazi's unless it's tilted, and has a variety of meanings.
http://xn--zkr.com/
ThrashinuvaNov 19, 2016 2:30 PM
Nov 19, 2016 3:19 PM
Jul 2018
Reminds me but a female POC (Iranian) got fired from her job because she said some pro-Trump stuff on her private Facebook.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/17/tv-reporter-fired-for-celebrating-trump-victory-on-her-private-facebook-page/
removed-userNov 19, 2016 3:22 PM
Nov 19, 2016 5:13 PM

Feb 2015
aint fun to be president he'll get bored eventually ~
Hashbrown no signature.
Nov 20, 2016 1:02 PM
Jul 2018
So how are the Democrats handling their loss of all three branches?

They're about to elect, as their DNC chair, a black Muslim who has had ties to The Nation of Islam (you know that group that says that White Men are pretty much the Jews and the Blacks are the Aryan Masterrace. They use different terms but that's pretty much what they said), once wrote articles under the name Keith X Ellison which were anti-white , was buddies with groups like CAIR that according to FBI officials gave money to Hamas in addition to other terrorist groups, is said to have made actual anti-semetic statements like “Jews are among the most racist white people”, compared Bush to Hitler and actually said 9/11 was the USA's Reichstag Fire.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/17/democrats-must-scrutinize-keith-ellisons-anti-semitic-past-and-ties-to-radical-islam/
http://heavy.com/news/2016/11/keith-ellison-controversy-controversies-israel-nation-of-islam-louis-farrakhan-anti-semitic-comments-george-bush-hitler-american-islamic-relations-campaign-contributions/

There's also talks of Chelsea being groomed for running for Congress

They sure did learn from this election.
Nov 20, 2016 1:34 PM

May 2010
Neane93 said:
There's also talks of Chelsea being groomed for running for Congress

For anyone who screamed about Trump being unqualified for President, they should definitely not even remotely consider Chelsea for basically any position.
Nov 21, 2016 11:50 AM
Jul 2018
We should just rename the CE subsection "Trumpland" till at least January and be done with it…

Can't stop an already flaming dumpster fire from spreading more embers.
Nov 21, 2016 2:16 PM
Jul 2018

The biggest is that Trump is pulling america out of the TPPA/TPP. Nice.
removed-userNov 21, 2016 4:24 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.