Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 8, 2016 10:25 AM

May 2015
For you what kind of sport that considers to be boring.

For me, I'll just go with Football, and no, I'm not talking about the handegg. I don't get it what's the whole hype is all about. But whenever I watch soccer, I found this boring though. It's a very long fight without shooting until one team did and everyone clammors. Also, Chess...
If God exists, then he should try extending my deadline right now!
~ Kobayashi, Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon - Episode 12
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Nov 8, 2016 10:28 AM

Oct 2010
Apart from running or ice skating, I find all sports boring.
I also find watching ice skating boring too. I actually have to be doing it to enjoy it.
Nov 8, 2016 10:36 AM
Jul 2018
that Motorcycle race thingy when they just turn left all the time.............
Nov 8, 2016 10:40 AM
Jul 2018
Races, soccer, golf, tennis etc

I enjoy watching basketball and football mainly.

I like playing any type of sport though.
Nov 8, 2016 10:48 AM

Mar 2016
I don't know which sports find me to be boring. Perhaps I should ask them.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Nov 8, 2016 10:52 AM

Sep 2012
basketball, college anything, american football, golf
fucking torture watching these.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Nov 8, 2016 11:00 AM

Aug 2013
Favourite sports:

- Football (i.e soccer)
- Tennis
- Handball
- Cross-country skiing
- Nordic combined
- Ski jumping

Boring sports:

- Hockey
- Baseball
- American football
- Basketball
- Surfing, sailing, pretty much anything involving water
- Curling
MoogNov 8, 2016 11:08 AM
Nov 8, 2016 11:04 AM

Feb 2015
American football. It's so cancerous.

There's a lady who's sure
All that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to heaven
When she gets there she knows
If the stores are all closed
With a word she can get what she came for
Oh oh oh oh and she's buying a stairway to heaven

Nov 8, 2016 11:16 AM

Oct 2015
Hockey if cheerleading is a sport, I would consider that boring because I broke my foot doing that sport
Go back to being a naked monkey, sweetie!

Nov 8, 2016 11:17 AM

Sep 2015
Rounders was hella boring in high school. Plus I never knew how to play that sport no matter how many times the teachers told us.
Nov 8, 2016 11:18 AM

May 2015
Soccer.

No, really, what a boring sport. You mostly run around and maybe get to kick a ball. Watching it is even more of a pain since barely nothing happens.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Nov 8, 2016 11:19 AM

Jun 2016
NASCAR is probably the dullest thing I know of that passes as some type of sport.
And if all that BMX shizzle counts as a sport then that gets an honourable mention too, although that's more because of its rotten and cancerous community in my country rather than the activity itself.
Nov 8, 2016 11:29 AM

Feb 2015
I don't like watching any sports 'cause it gets boring, but participating in them is fun :P
Nov 8, 2016 12:00 PM

Jun 2015
Honestly I don't see why people like watching baseball/american football, it's just so boring in my eyes.

Basketball/Football > every other sport imo
Nov 8, 2016 12:01 PM

Jun 2015
Soccer. Boring and overrated af. Also golf.

TheBrainintheJar said:
Soccer.

No, really, what a boring sport. You mostly run around and maybe get to kick a ball. Watching it is even more of a pain since barely nothing happens.

Sometimes they even score a goal! Sometimes.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Nov 8, 2016 12:06 PM
Jun 2013
There is an Indian sport that people may find exciting

Kabaddi

Nov 8, 2016 9:13 PM

May 2015
daky-kun said:
Soccer. Boring and overrated af. Also golf.

TheBrainintheJar said:
Soccer.

Sometimes they even score a goal! Sometimes.

Sometimes, once in a blue moon, if you pray really hard.

Why watch sports when you can play them.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Nov 8, 2016 9:16 PM

Nov 2008
All of them. I would never watch a match, unless a social situation forced me to.

Nov 8, 2016 9:19 PM

Mar 2016
Baseball

After 3 innings I just don't care anymore. To be honest though I really don't care about any sports besides maybe MMA.
Nov 8, 2016 9:39 PM

Apr 2016
major leaugue gaming.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Nov 8, 2016 11:45 PM

Oct 2015
All of them... ...Well sometimes I look up NASCAR crashes if I'm bored.
Nov 9, 2016 5:20 AM

Jun 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
Why watch sports when you can play them.

Exactly.

For example, I find volleyball exciting to play, but I don't like it watching on TV. Group hugging of teams after every single point annoys me to no end.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Nov 9, 2016 5:43 AM

Jul 2011
I, like many others here it seems, find golf extremely boring to watch. I wouldn't say I find boxing boring, but the talent pool is not what it use to be so many bouts can be boring. Soccer also doesn't appeal to me very much. That's about all I can currently think of.

Nov 9, 2016 6:42 AM

Mar 2014
I don't know if this is a sport but I fall asleep quickly not even 10 minutes into a pool game
Nov 9, 2016 7:23 AM

Jun 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
Soccer.

I know it's your opinion and you are entitled to it and whatnot, but football is not boring! Well, it depends if you're watching a top flight game or a your local club down by the park - if you can't appreciate the skill and technique, then you aren't a sports fan. And of course you have 0-0 games where nothing happens, and they are a chore for the most loyal fans. But it's worth it when you see games like this.

Yes, matches like this don't happen often, but you can see that football can be very exciting. Tbh, football is very entertaining to watch if you watch a world class team, each attack is exhilarating, even if it doesn't become a goal.

And it's much more than kicking a ball now and then.

All of these goals are beautiful in their own way, all technically created by just passing the ball. Anything but boring.

Of course it can be boring at times. But most games - even low scoring ones - are usually entertaining.
InsaniusNov 9, 2016 7:30 AM
Nov 9, 2016 7:25 AM
Jul 2018
99.99% of them. Even e-sports, 99.99% of them. Not a sports person.
Nov 9, 2016 7:41 AM

Jun 2015
razor39999 said:
@Insanius
Football highlights can be fun to watch, like the clips you posted, but even in those "great" games the vast majority of the time is spent on completely boring but safe passes, uneventful offside traps, and theatrical fouls. If you put the percentage of a game that was actually fun (a penalty shot, a goal/good save, an epic dribble) you'd probably have something under 10%. The super long duration of the games doesn't help either. If football lasted for two 20-minute halftimes, had a shorter field and allowed for some limited hand manipulation it would be a lot more interesting to watch. There's only so much you can do with your feet and head in 90 minutes.

That is true for most teams. But when you watch someone like Messi, something happens every time he gets the ball. Football can be boring, yes. But it also can be extremely fun to watch.
But anyways, every sport has different facets to it. Football isn't only about attack, the defense is extremely important, and it can be very fun to watch if you're used to watching the game. I agree that there are some drawbacks to the game, but it can be really fun to watch at times. And let's be honest here - which sport doesn't have boring aspects to it?
It also depends on the teams playing. If you have a manager and a team who are playing for a draw, you will get a boring match. But there are also teams who live to entertain the fans - every time they get possession of the ball, they move forward, looking for the goal. I'd say the time between goals is sort of like buildup, with an eventual climax when the goal is scored. And it is entertaining to watch if you watch Barcelona for example - you can't help but admire the clever passing, quick dribbles, complete domination which eventually culminates in a goal.

This is all in that boring period, as you say. The best players routinely do stuff like this. I can't see how anyone would be bored by it.
Nov 9, 2016 7:53 AM

Jun 2015
razor39999 said:
It would be fun to run a statistical analysis on the amount of time those plays comprise compared to the length of the game. But overall, it's not like football is the only one guilty of this, like I said earlier, I find virtually every sport boring, except for some sprinting athletics events. Those last for a short time, are very adrenaline fueled and every second counts.

It becomes clear now that it's a subjective thing I guess. You like entertainment that is constantly present, maybe that's why you dislike sport. Still, one can't help but admire moments of genius produced by players like Messi or Zidane, and those moments are what make football worth watching.

But then people should say it like that. They find football boring because they personally find it boring, not because it isn't entertaining to watch. Literally "Gays falling like flies while kicking balls lolol soccer is retarded". Of course I'm not talking about you, but it's annoying when people do that.
Nov 9, 2016 8:03 AM

Apr 2013
pretty much all of them. Only sports I watch is skateboarding or snowboarding.
Nov 9, 2016 8:48 AM

Apr 2015
I think all sports would find me boring.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Nov 9, 2016 9:13 AM

Dec 2014
I really like sports, I don't know if there are sports I find boring (maybe volleyball a little), but my favourites are basketball and soccer. But for example, I don't like volleyball that much, but I kinda like watching it...
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Nov 9, 2016 9:20 AM

Jan 2013
Never knew sports watched me. Guess Im boring to them :(
Nov 9, 2016 4:14 PM

Aug 2014
Thread locked for simple listing.

Casual Discussion Rules 1: Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage discussion; e.g. simple listing, youtube video or picture collecting, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» How do you process death?

Lightskynight - Apr 14

37 by PoruMairu »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » JAPAN?

BaronLukis - Yesterday

17 by PoruMairu »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - 4 hours ago

8 by DesuMaiden »»
8 minutes ago

» What do you think about law enforcement (police) in your country?

Sad - Apr 16

23 by DesuMaiden »»
17 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

51 by Fleeting_Dream »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.