7.7%
104 votes
Nov 6, 2016 12:15 PM

Sep 2014

NonaryGamesJul 29, 2023 6:53 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 6, 2016 12:23 PM

Jun 2016
Its the humans that are the greatest threat to mankind. We have the potential to completely obliterate our kind over a dispute.
Nov 6, 2016 12:24 PM

Aug 2013
Nexu said:
Its the humans that are the greatest threat to mankind. We have the potential to completely obliterate our kind over a dispute.

We have a winner already. Yes humans are their own worst enemy. Its in our nature to destroy ourselves. We also invented evil and every possible act of evil imaginable.
Nov 6, 2016 12:29 PM

Sep 2015
ourselves. the only thing that is really likely to kill us is ourselves. either that or heat death
Nov 6, 2016 12:31 PM

Nov 2015
Stupidity. That's the only thing which can destroy an entire fucking species.
Nov 6, 2016 12:35 PM
Jul 2018
I see you reserved "anime" and "MAL" options for certain type of users....

OT: I'd say people themselves
Nov 6, 2016 12:38 PM

Apr 2015
Humans are our worst enemy, we are destroying this world
Nov 6, 2016 12:43 PM

Jan 2012
@SnugglyWhuggly u forgot the most important thing which is Zionism but it's part of Terrorism so i forgive u

like Hoppy said : The end of Zionism will be beneficial to the world and is a small step to end of the era of tyranny.

these zionist pigs continues to make life a living hell for the rest of humanity.

Nov 6, 2016 12:53 PM

Jul 2014
Ourselves. Definitely. A few stupid decisions on the part of people in high positions can result in large scale destruction.
Take care of yourself

Nov 6, 2016 12:53 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
MAL ofc this shit is worse than cancer and dreadfuler than them nazi grammar

Nov 6, 2016 12:57 PM

May 2016
Asteroids seem the more reasonable option.

Sure, humanity has the capacity to end itself. But on the whole that doesn't seem like a very popular idea. There is always the threat of terrorists gaining access to nuclear weaponry, and the way the world is heading it may seem that that will happen sooner rather than later, but in the end I doubt it will at all.

If a large asteroid is detected on a collision course with Earth, there's literally nothing we can do about it. We can intercept intercontinental ballistic missiles (possibly), we could probably identify a nuclear bomb transported via other means (those things are huge), and several countries currently hold the military power to eliminate the source of the potential terrorism (none of them have yet because of the lives of the civilians, but if worst comes to worst, it's still possible), but even our nuclear weaponry couldn't stop or even deflect a hunk of rock the size of the moon hurtling toward us who-knows-how-fast (probably).
"Shocking truth!" ~Chaika Trabant
"How unpleasant." ~Kuriyama Mirai
"Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there." ~Rem
"You don't die for your friends; you live for them." ~Misaka Mikoto
"Now I believe. In my own strength... and in the one who gave me that strength." ~Roze
"I'll be the guard dog of all your fever dreams."
Signature and forum avatar courtesy of @SenpieX
Nov 6, 2016 12:58 PM

Mar 2016
The Internet, a construct of the Human race, is its greatest enemy. For it allows the propagation of stupidity in this day and age.
Nov 6, 2016 1:03 PM

Feb 2016
Its humans, humans are hurting/killing other humans a lot more than any natural disaster/animal ever will
Nov 6, 2016 1:10 PM

Jul 2015
We are our own greatest enemy. Chilling but tru
Nov 6, 2016 1:12 PM

May 2015
I chose ourselves/humans because we would be responsible for most of the listed choices anyways.
Nov 6, 2016 1:20 PM
May 2015
First reason, decline of bees. Bees are the reason we have something to eat. Not just for us but for plants and animals too. Its role is so necessary and humans still can't substitute the role bees do. Yet. Maybe in the future they could invent machines or robots that could ensure pollen and seed scattering and proliferation.

Second reason. Terrorism. It's awful and involves killing masses of people for stupid reasons. It's horrendus and the person initiating it must be ashamed of themselves. It affects civilization in a negative way and hinder it's improvement. All of that just to satisfy a bunch of greedy-ass people. You'll die anyways taking nothing of your money and lands with you.

Third reason. Asteroids. Some studies suggest that Mars had life once on it, but because of an asteroid it destroyed the planet damaging the atmosphere making life impossible there. That means there will be a time in which earth will face the same destiny. Can't say it's a negative thing because that's the course of nature. Everytime humans evolve and grow to a extreme level something is bound to happen (a disaster in this case) just for life to restart again.😉
Nov 6, 2016 1:27 PM

Jan 2009
ourselves since human overpopulation or consumption that leads to burning of huge number of fossil fuels causes a lot of those choices anyway especially climate change

and also natural evil - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_evil like random super volcanoes exploding and sudden asteroid impact
Nov 6, 2016 1:48 PM

Apr 2016
The greatest enemies of the human race are anime shows that don't get second, third season...
Nov 6, 2016 1:59 PM

Dec 2014
Ignorance, I could say it as "ourselves", makes sense.

PS: lol with the poll
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Nov 6, 2016 2:04 PM

Feb 2013
Humanity is our worst enemy and we can't win against it.
Nov 6, 2016 11:13 PM

Jan 2014
Ultimately we are our own worst enemy, or to be more specific, our greed is our own worst enemy. We strip the earth of all of it's resources, fight over whats left, only care about ourselves and are too greedy to think of anything but the now. We are our own doom, but we're too self-preserving to do anything about it.
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Nov 6, 2016 11:36 PM

Jun 2015
I think saying that our greed, hate, and ignorance are the threats is fair, as opposed to the blanket statement that humanity is the ultimate threat. Yeah, people suck, but they are also great.

Nov 6, 2016 11:38 PM

Sep 2009
Probably ourselves, when we dump enough shet everywhere such that the temperature/PH of the ocean goes the wrong way and everything goes to shit.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Nov 7, 2016 12:00 AM

May 2015
antinatalism lol

But yeah, it's definitely ourselves. Natural disasters can kill off humanity, and then there will be no humanity to suffer. It's ourselves that can build a horrible society that's not worth living. Then again, I'm not sure our biology will ever improve. Won't we always prefer the pretty psychopath over everyone else?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Nov 7, 2016 2:10 AM

Jan 2016
The greatest threat to mankind is itself.
Nov 7, 2016 2:25 AM

Mar 2008
Humans are their own enemy with all their flaws in psychology and society.
Nov 7, 2016 2:30 AM

Jul 2015
Trance said:
Stupidity. That's the only thing which can destroy an entire fucking species.

Too bad that it is eternal like humanity.
Nov 7, 2016 4:43 AM

Jun 2015
Very easy answer, humanity itself. Many of the evils in the poll can be traced back to mistakes, inadequacies and the evils of man.
Nov 7, 2016 5:10 AM

Aug 2015
So many reasons that could be true. But for the most part it's definitely a certain fragment of the human race. The cancerous-left-winged-tree-hugging-civil-libertarians. If we want to survive we need to find and gather these people and sacrifice them as offerings to the Animu Gods so we may be redeemed of our sins.
SomeEdgeLord said:

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

YearnsforAttention said:
hm who has 1656 friends on MAL
that's right me
bye bye

YearnsforAttention said:
I don't want your approval
how many damn times do I need to say it
I enjoy irritating you
I am gonna do things MY way
Nov 7, 2016 5:18 AM

Jun 2016
The truth is humans don't abide by natural law. That's the downfall, nothing more.
The football field isn't the only place where you could use a good line.
Nov 7, 2016 8:57 AM

Apr 2015
I dunno, MAL is pretty terrible but I went for "ourselves".
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Nov 7, 2016 10:05 AM

Sep 2009
Libertarianism. The right wing,Friedman and Hayek worshipping Murray Rothbard kind.
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Nov 7, 2016 10:14 AM

Apr 2016
Accidentally voted other because i didn't see ourselves when i skimmed through looking for humans.

Over half the options you gave to choose from were created by humans anyways so that is the best option.
Nov 7, 2016 11:05 AM
Jul 2018
Humans themselves. We're responsible for a lot of the mentioned things.
Nov 7, 2016 12:16 PM
Jul 2016
A little thing I like to call "entropy."

Sorry to break it to you, but there's absolutely no way to eternally perpetuate our race, and this little bugger is the reason. Solve all the other problems you want: none of it will matter. Barring external influence, this universe is headed inexorably for thermodynamic equilibrium, and that will kill us off even if nothing else does.
Important Note: I no longer - in any way, shape, or form - consider myself a moral nihilist (even in my old, convoluted definition of the term). I very much do believe there is such a thing as objective good and evil. In addition, I apologize for any of the posts I've made that are rude, aggressive, or otherwise unbecoming.

I've always striven to walk a path befitting a follower of Christ, and now recognize some of my old comments here as misguided if not outright wrong. If you happen upon them, pray do not let them darken your view of the God I serve. He is kind, even if I, at times, have not been.
Nov 7, 2016 12:29 PM

May 2015
SnugglyWhuggly said:
TheBrainintheJar said:
antinatalism lol

But yeah, it's definitely ourselves. Natural disasters can kill off humanity, and then there will be no humanity to suffer. It's ourselves that can build a horrible society that's not worth living. Then again, I'm not sure our biology will ever improve. Won't we always prefer the pretty psychopath over everyone else?

How many times do I have to politely ask you to stop posting in my threads? It doesn't make much sense for you to considering you blocked me. Blocking a user implies you don't want any further communication with them, but still you repeatedly post in my threads...

And please speak for yourself, the only person that prefers "pretty psychopaths over everyone else" is you.

This thread isn't personal. It's for everyone to discuss its subject.

Psychopaths, by definition, are incredible at social skills. So we'll nearly always prefer them. They figure out what people want and give it to them.
Nov 7, 2016 12:31 PM

Jun 2016
Ourselves, of course. Who else? (Hate the letter count)
Nov 7, 2016 12:32 PM

Sep 2012
YayaChibi said:
1 word....
me.....lol no
I chose feminism....idk idc

I really want you to build a one proper sentence.

OT:Isn't MAL and Ourselves are the same?

Still I will vote for MAL.
Nov 7, 2016 1:32 PM

Apr 2016
edgy kids that want communism, and free stuff at the same time.
Nov 7, 2016 2:53 PM

Jul 2015
The government, of course! There are just too many bad governments and stupid politicians out there to count.
Nov 8, 2016 12:24 AM

Jun 2015
Nexu said:
and the shotposter op didnt evn put that in the options.
Nov 8, 2016 1:33 AM
Jun 2013
SnugglyWhuggly said:
Who or what do you think is the "greatest threat" to mankind, and why?

Is it natural disasters, limited natural resources, ourselves, and/or something else? Explain your reasoning pl0x.

Discuss.

EGO ................................... EGO

Other than that

kama — lust
krodha — anger
lobh — greed
moha — delusory emotional attachment or temptation
mada or ahankara — pride, hubris
matsarya — envy, jealousy
Nov 8, 2016 1:35 AM

Jan 2015
Literally all problems in the world are caused by us. This planet offers more than enough for us to thrive peacefully. But we fucked it all up.
Nov 8, 2016 1:38 AM

Jul 2009
It's really saying something when MAL is my primary choice
Nov 8, 2016 1:42 AM

Aug 2016
The answer will always be stupidity and us humans.
Nov 8, 2016 1:55 AM

Jan 2015
CheekyKunt said:

.That you are a low tier shitposter?
Nov 8, 2016 2:03 AM

Jul 2009
ModeratelyHuman said:
CheekyKunt said:

.That you are a low tier shitposter?

I dunno what else to pick in that poll
Nov 8, 2016 2:20 AM

Jun 2014
The sun, as it's the only thing that's guaranteed to wipe out life on Earth. Don't be fooled by the warm rays!

Although many other things may beat it to wiping humans off the planet.
Nov 8, 2016 9:49 AM

Oct 2015
Humans' greatest threat is alien deities, obviously :3
Nov 8, 2016 10:30 AM

May 2015
SnugglyWhuggly said:
TheBrainintheJar said:
This thread isn't personal. It's for everyone to discuss its subject.

Psychopaths, by definition, are incredible at social skills. So we'll nearly always prefer them. They figure out what people want and give it to them.

You've asked me to not post in your own threads before, and to not so much as reply to you in threads neither of us have created. Hypocrite much?

So, you read a textbook definition of psychopaths, and think you're some kind of expert now? And that definition you gave is so erroneous it's hilarious. Seems like you're just making excuses, again. Seems like you're heavily implying that anyone that has normal social skills, must clearly be a psychopath, in order to make you feel better about the fact your social skills are apparently rock bottom, or so you repeatedly keep claiming.

Anyway, this has gone off-topic enough.

KuroudoAkabane said:
and the shotposter op didnt evn put that in the options.

"Ourselves" is in the poll, actually...
Not my problem if your reading comprehension is sub-par.

Actually, I mostly used the definition Dave Cullen used in writing about Columbine. Do you have anything else that defines psychopathy while excluding high social skills?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Does ours username claimz who really are?

French-Japanese - 24 minutes ago

1 by DesuMaiden »»
3 minutes ago

» What's the point of life?

purple_rayn - 2 hours ago

11 by Taiyaa »»
15 minutes ago

» What do yall collect? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bevarnow - Jan 25

299 by bevarnow »»
15 minutes ago

» How do you process death?

Lightskynight - Apr 14

22 by Dracowyn »»
23 minutes ago

» First Kiss ( 1 2 3 )

bolby - Jan 26, 2015

147 by French-Japanese »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.