Forum Settings
Forums
Silver Spoon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2016 8:29 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
YESSSSSSSSS

Grats to Mikage! She passed and well deserved :D So happy for her.
Nov 6, 2016 12:41 AM

Oct 2014

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Mikage did it! \o/ So did Hachiken, his confession somewhat.

All those Hachike x Mikage flashbacks though, from their first meeting,Yezo cultural/agriculture festival, hachiken spending time working in Mikage ranch, hand holding scene (I want to understand your problem dialogue), going to the shrine where there were horse shaped wish cards, Last milk from Komaba ranch, Hachiken meeting with Mikage family to help her find courage to speak about her dreams and finall Mikage meets Hachiken dad. Wow, what a journey :)
That anticlimax during the phone call though XD

Too bad for Shunsuke(?) i.e. the vet aiming guy, I hope he finds a way achieve his dream as well
IizyNov 6, 2016 1:20 AM
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nov 6, 2016 4:53 PM

Sep 2014
Oh i fucking love this chapter... I really feel like hachiken in this chapter

And everyone really trying so hard to cockblocking hachiken huh
Nov 7, 2016 3:07 AM
Sep 2012
Noo, he didn't get into Vet :0. That's depressing... Grats to Mikage though, and the chapter was absolutely hilarious XD.
Nov 10, 2016 7:57 PM

May 2016
Arakawa is hilarious - I don't think I had ever laughed out loud reading manga before Silver Spoon, but how don't you laugh at Hachiken meeting the pig he raised and ate in heaven? Or at a cooking pot with contents so vile it gets censored? The baby delivery joke was so well-timed that I don't doubt it was already planned when Alexandra got pregnant.

However, I have lowered this manga's grade from 9 to 8. It is inferior to the anime (the second season of which was one of the greatest things ever made by human beings) and as much as I don't like to admit it, the only reason Mikage and Hachiken haven't been dating since their second year is that Arakawa is afraid of trying her hand at romance. The constant "will they or won't they" jokes lost their effectiveness when it became clear that they not only liked it each other, but loved each other deeply, and the lack of realism of it all threatened the series' immersion.
"I will become his world and will make him my world" - You really should know who said this.

"Firing at unarmed citizens is a feat that those without courage and a chivalrous spirit simply cannot accomplish." - Oskar von Reuenthal

"No way Spirited Away is better than Akira. NO WAY." - Kanye West
Nov 13, 2016 6:04 AM

Dec 2011
Finally Hachiken confess :)
Damn how unlucky he can be with phone and Mikage dad was so funny xD
Also congrate for Hachiken to be an uncle and Shingo to be a dad xD
Nov 27, 2016 9:58 AM

Oct 2012
Stop teasing, awwwww
That just made me want them to be a couple more and more
"Signature removed"
Nov 11, 2019 5:10 PM

May 2010
I'm soooo excited for Mikage! <3

And finally, the confession! Too bad through the phone, like, come on Hachiken, that's the worst idea ever xD
Sep 2, 2020 2:08 PM

Jan 2019
The chapter was hilarious but my mood dropped when Aikawa said he didn't passed, considering he has knew what he wanted even before Mikage :(

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gin no Saji Chapter 3 Discussion

account123 - Apr 22, 2011

12 by thoitrangkratos »»
Nov 12, 2022 8:25 AM

Poll: » Gin no Saji Chapter 16 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Sep 8, 2011

6 by Zankrax »»
Oct 28, 2022 7:34 PM

Poll: » Gin no Saji Chapter 10 Discussion

shithousnik - Jun 29, 2011

10 by Zankrax »»
Oct 22, 2022 12:56 PM

Poll: » Gin no Saji Chapter 78 Discussion

SilentTruth - Jun 19, 2013

7 by ChibiTalha »»
Jun 12, 2022 8:16 PM

» Was this a rushed conclusion?

JCDRANZER - May 1, 2021

6 by Adampk »»
Mar 16, 2022 9:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.