Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 5, 2016 2:18 PM

Jan 2013
Do you have your own kind of style you try for?

Personally I used to not care about how I dressed and wore lots of band t shirts and jeans w9ith nothing else.

But not that I'm older and with more money I find myself buying things for different looks. Different hats, weird baggy shirts, army style coats and Hawaiian shirts.

Trying to look like some weird punk hipster or something I dunno.

But yeah did you ever make a switch from not really trying to trying / do you have a weird fashion sense?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 5, 2016 2:46 PM

Jun 2009
i think yes, but i'm not sure how to describe it

by the end of middle school i had a lot of band t-shirts and converse sneakers and whatnot, you can imagine.

but then suddenly i changed and grew out of it overnight. i started only wearing dresses and skirts, which was the biggest change for me. that was when i was 16.

even though i must admit i do look kind of unique in my college, i wouldn't say it's 'weird'. people often comment how i dress 'cutely'. sometimes it's a bit childish (or at least my mom says so)
Nov 5, 2016 3:03 PM

Jul 2016
Unless band shirts and other dark clothes count as fashion, no. I just wear what I want.
Nov 5, 2016 3:06 PM

Oct 2016
I wouldn't say that I have a "weird" fashion sense but rather really irregular. One day I'll dress like a suave business man and than the next day look like I just spent the past few weeks cutting down trees in the forest.

But I generally wear whatever makes me comfortable. Jeans, graphic tees, and sweaters are probably my favorite "go to's". Honestly, though, as much as I wish I looked awesome and stylish I probably look more like I crawled out of bed and pulled on whatever clothes I had that were clean, haha!
Nov 5, 2016 3:09 PM

Jun 2015
well honestly i never thought i'd wear timberlands but here i am wearing them all the time ^_^

most of the time i wear something like this; 1, 2, 3

i wouldn't say it's unique, it's pretty basic i guess but i love it :3
Nov 5, 2016 3:23 PM

Jun 2016
I have a pretty eclectic style all things considered.One day you could see me walking around in a three piece suit, then the next day I might just go all retro with Chelsea boots, tight jeans and a plain gray tighter fitting T-shirt(this counts as retro in my country anyway), then something "urban" the day after and so on and so forth.But nowadays I mostly wear urban clothing, meaning sneakers, T-shirt with a baseball jacket over it and some sort of slim-fit pants and things like that.

Still, nothing beats the feeling of wearing a mid-calf length overcoat on a cold winter day. ^w^
Erg_OrgyNov 5, 2016 3:26 PM
Nov 5, 2016 3:32 PM

Oct 2015
I'm pretty much a fashion victim xD I like wearing elegant clothes, I pay a huge attention to how I dress. I like wearing dresses, mainly because they coat-hanger me. I would like to wear more heels since I'm tiny, but my feet is still too wounded for that, sadly.
Since I'm getting thinner and lost sizes of clothes those last months, I'm considering changing my style a bit, later.
Nov 5, 2016 3:46 PM

May 2015
Do band shirts count as a style? I wear them often. They're badass.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Nov 5, 2016 3:50 PM

Jun 2009
tofu said:
i think yes, but i'm not sure how to describe it

by the end of middle school i had a lot of band t-shirts and converse sneakers and whatnot, you can imagine.

but then suddenly i changed and grew out of it overnight. i started only wearing dresses and skirts, which was the biggest change for me. that was when i was 16.

even though i must admit i do look kind of unique in my college, i wouldn't say it's 'weird'. people often comment how i dress 'cutely'. sometimes it's a bit childish (or at least my mom says so)

something like this i guess.......

Nov 5, 2016 5:07 PM

Aug 2016
My rule of thumb - if it's black, I'll wear it. I guess my style is just dark. The only other color I'm comfortable in is red, and even then I prefer more of a blood red or maroon.
Nov 5, 2016 5:22 PM

Mar 2014
definitly. i dress a very specific way. dirty pants, studded jackets, military and biker gear.
M.P.D.S./F.O.A.D.
Nov 5, 2016 5:40 PM

Sep 2012
yeah, it's called the "someone who looks like he's gonna kill himself when they get home" style.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Nov 5, 2016 6:21 PM

Oct 2012
When I buy something, I always think about how it will look with other things I own, so that contributes to the development of a style... and there are plenty of things that I wouldn't enjoy wearing (and colours I don't own any more)... but I can still dress for the situation or for a feeling.
My wardrobe overall has gotten gradually more interesting, the very most uh- extreme things are fairly new at least.

~ join the MAL suicide pact! ~ ~ ★☭★ ~ ~ embrace nuclear annihilation! ~
Nov 5, 2016 7:25 PM

Oct 2010
I suppose so.
I wear a lot of black. I mainly wear dresses, that either flow out at the skirt or have some kind of tasteful lace so that they have a nice feminine charm to them. I like things like corsets and combat boots or flats with stockings too. Clothes with a bit of a Victorian twist to them are lovely too. And 1950's swing dresses. <3
Nov 5, 2016 7:27 PM

Jun 2016
Just wear what I want, don't really have a fashion.
Nov 5, 2016 9:01 PM

May 2013
If I could wear skinny jeans, boots, and oversized sweatshirts all the time, I would. But yea that's my go to outfit and my fashion style would probably be considered comfy-casual. I also really like blouses.
Nov 5, 2016 9:02 PM

Oct 2015
My style varies, because it depends on my mood. Right now, i guess I'm really into the really trendy clothes (but i dont have much trendy clothes X_X), but yeah it really just depends on my mood.

Lmao, at home, I just wear my pajamas or sweats (sweat shirts, sweat pants :PP) because they're comfortable :3
Nov 5, 2016 9:31 PM

Mar 2008
I wear a variety of things. I am not sure I have a specific style going but I would like if I had more high quality or interesting looking stuff to wear because I feel too plain.

gizter13 said:
definitly. i dress a very specific way. dirty pants, studded jackets, military and biker gear.

So basically...
Nov 5, 2016 10:29 PM

Jun 2016
My wardrobe consists of:
-Metal tshirts
-A metal battle jacket/patched vest
-A few anime tshirts, including an "Awoovement" shirt (character from Touhou wearing a Trump hat)
-Plain-colored shirts in black, gray, and dark blue
-Blue and black jeans
-Camo fatigues and military surplus
-A biker leather jacket
-A black windbreaker jacket
-A black sweater I like to wear in colder months with two other lighter-material ones in black and gray. /comfy/
-A suit that I wore on three occasions (high school graduation, grandfather's funeral, and first degree graduation)
-I admit I have a few pairs of cargo shorts (It gets hot in the summers and they're comfortable, I don't care if they're associated with fedoralords)
-Shoes are either velcro work shoes, combat boots, or flip-flops for really hot weather
-I have a robe and pajama pants I like to wear in colder months for maximum /comfy/
Lost_VikingNov 5, 2016 10:46 PM
Nov 5, 2016 11:05 PM

Oct 2015
Apart from wearing wolf shirts almost everyday not really.
Nov 6, 2016 1:32 AM

Dec 2015
Not yet, but I'm slowly getting a more interesting look.
Nov 6, 2016 1:50 AM

Mar 2014
traed said:
I wear a variety of things. I am not sure I have a specific style going but I would like if I had more high quality or interesting looking stuff to wear because I feel too plain.

gizter13 said:

So basically...

haha. yeah, basically..

Lost_Viking said:
My wardrobe consists of:
-A few anime tshirts, including an "Awoovement" shirt (character from Touhou wearing a Trump hat)

fuckyeah, show me that shirt!
i also like blending some anime to contrast my overall appearance.
M.P.D.S./F.O.A.D.
Nov 6, 2016 1:55 AM

Mar 2008
@gizter13

Nice
.. and holy shit is that a fox? I want to play with one >.<
Nov 6, 2016 1:43 AM

Sep 2011
I used to just wear the hand-me-downs my cousins from Oakland gave me, or the graphic tees I'd get as presents.

When I started uni my style changed considerably (when I actually started buying my own clothes). I was told I'm fairly preppy, though I wouldn't say that's really what I'm aiming for. I just really like sweaters.
Nov 6, 2016 1:51 AM

Dec 2015
I try to dress like a lesbian trucker who has been dragged backwards through a briar patch.
Nov 6, 2016 2:13 AM

Oct 2015
Usagi said:
I suppose so.
I wear a lot of black. I mainly wear dresses, that either flow out at the skirt or have some kind of tasteful lace so that they have a nice feminine charm to them. I like things like corsets and combat boots or flats with stockings too. Clothes with a bit of a Victorian twist to them are lovely too. And 1950's swing dresses. <3

With what do you usually wear corsets? I plan on buying one, but I'd like to avoid looking either 'gothic' either 'Vulgar' o:
Nov 6, 2016 2:25 AM

Mar 2014
traed said:
@gizter13

Nice

yeah Swiper is a cutie, but you really have to watch you stuff. he has tried to steal our food many times already.

still finny you geussed my style right. the dirty pants gave it away? ;)
M.P.D.S./F.O.A.D.
Nov 6, 2016 2:32 AM

Aug 2016
I'm a casual person so I usually go out wearing only sneakers, jeans and a white tee. I think I'm not really fashionable but I'm open to trying new styles.
My wardrobe is pretty much limited right now so
Nov 6, 2016 3:30 AM

Oct 2010
Nyarlathothep said:
With what do you usually wear corsets? I plan on buying one, but I'd like to avoid looking either 'gothic' either 'Vulgar' o:

I think solid black pants look the nicest with them. Skirts tend to look too over the top imo, and wearing them with something like blue jeans just looks out of place.
Nov 6, 2016 3:34 AM

Dec 2015
gizter13 said:
traed said:
@gizter13

Nice

yeah Swiper is a cutie, but you really have to watch you stuff. he has tried to steal our food many times already.

Just say "Swiper no swiping!" three times.
That usually works.
Nov 6, 2016 3:34 AM
Jul 2018
- Jeans
- Comfy shoes (usually sports wear)
- I often wear one colour shirts or metal band T-shirts)
- I almost always wear a open buttoned-down shirt, a flannel one or a hoodie (also opened)
- no hats, never ever.
Nov 6, 2016 3:42 AM

Aug 2015
Frusciante said:
Unless band shirts and other dark clothes count as fashion, no. I just wear what I want.
This. Denim, leather, band shirts, army boots and maybe some chains~
Nov 6, 2016 3:47 AM

Mar 2008
gizter13 said:
traed said:
@gizter13

Nice

still finny you geussed my style right. the dirty pants gave it away? ;)

* steals him*

That and knowing your music tastes.
Nov 6, 2016 3:58 AM
Oct 2016
Yes I do :D I just looks like my avatar. Long white hair, and I'm always dressed in black or grey with original clothes
Nov 6, 2016 4:03 AM

Aug 2015
Anything that makes me comfortable.
Nov 6, 2016 4:17 AM

Jul 2015
No. I go from homeless man to edgy and cool to typical trends to sexy to everything
Nov 6, 2016 6:06 AM

Jun 2016
I just wear whatever I want :P I don't know what to consider my "fashion" or whatever.
Nov 6, 2016 2:08 PM

Jan 2013
Cause I'm actually really interesting in this I'm gonna quote a lot of people soooooooooo

Long post incoming.

tofu said:

Hey yo but that's cool, if more of the girls I knew dressed "cutely" I'd be slinging more complements around to my friends.

Frusciante said:

Hey band shirts and dark is a fashion. A good one too!

PrinceOfFiction said:

I used to do that a lot when I first got some sports coats and vests. I don't change around as much anymore though cause I save it for lunch and dinner outings that would accompany them. (which isn't often as a college student) plus variety is the spice of life.

crashinho said:

Yo that's respectable tbh, not something I'd do but 100% respectable.

Erg_Orgy said:

I'm dying for a good pair of Chelsea boots, or really any good boots right now. Actually thinking about it some nice combat boots would offset my vans checkered slip-ons.

Nyarlathothep said:

Spoiler alert. Effort is attractive. Being a "fashion victim" may put off some counter culture people but tbh for most effort looks good.

TheBrainintheJar said:

Band shirts fashion is part of my fashion. Is great fashion.

hatotrash said:

My friend does that, I use to. But then I started throwing greys and dark or olive greens. (mostly in my military styled gear.)

gizter13 said:

Metal as fuck.

Volti said:

I've only recently started thinking about how things work together heavily. Like this year at most really.

Usagi said:

Yo buy 1950's swing in general though. So good.

Hamy said:

Yo but that jacket is sweet though.

traed said:

Needs more coal.

MattKitsune96 said:

I bought my brother a shirt with a eagle and a motorcycle on it once, same kinda style as some wolf shirts. Thought it was funny cause "murica" even though we're canadian.

gizter13 said:

Holy shit it is 1000% you.

Eeyore said:

Preppy ain't bad as long as you OWN it.

Bobby2Hands said:

How do you dress like that?

Darek said:

I LOVE OPEN BUTTON-DOWN FLANNELS
But why the hat hate yo?
Nov 6, 2016 2:17 PM

Jul 2014
what i like about my sense of fashion is that i can change it up a lot.. i can be girly, sexy, rocker, feminine, sophisticated through my clothes depending on what i feel like on that day. i definitely always match my make up with my clothes. i like big sweaters and cool graphic t-shirts. and i LOVE bags and interesting and unique shoes. i also get inspired by london, new york and tokyo street fashion a lot. anyways i think my style is awesome suck ittttttt
Nov 6, 2016 2:31 PM

Mar 2008
I cant be arsed to take a photo but I lace my shoes like this and I tuck the bow under the tongue so it doesnt show. Also I just slip them on you cant unlace them without huge haste.

Learned it from this site
http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/lacingmethods.htm

chuuzenjis said:
what i like about my sense of fashion is that i can change it up a lot.. i can be girly, sexy, rocker, feminine, sophisticated through my clothes depending on what i feel like on that day. i definitely always match my make up with my clothes. i like big sweaters and cool graphic t-shirts. and i LOVE bags and interesting and unique shoes. i also get inspired by london, new york and tokyo street fashion a lot. anyways i think my style is awesome suck ittttttt

I like how you dress from what I recall from photos of you I've on seen on the forums.
Nov 6, 2016 2:35 PM

Jul 2014
traed said:

chuuzenjis said:

I like how you dress from what I recall from photos of you I've on seen on the forums.

hi. long time no talk. thanks for the compliment. that made me happy :)
Nov 6, 2016 2:44 PM

Jan 2013
traed said:
I cant be arsed to take a photo but I lace my shoes like this and I tuck the bow under the tongue so it doesnt show. Also I just slip them on you cant unlace them without huge haste.

Learned it from this site
http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/lacingmethods.htm

That sounds freaken awesome! I'd trying something cool like that if I didn't only own slip-ons.
Nov 6, 2016 3:10 PM

May 2015
TheGnarlyDude said:
Cause I'm actually really interesting in this I'm gonna quote a lot of people soooooooooo

Long post incoming.

tofu said:

Hey yo but that's cool, if more of the girls I knew dressed "cutely" I'd be slinging more complements around to my friends.

Frusciante said:

Hey band shirts and dark is a fashion. A good one too!

PrinceOfFiction said:

I used to do that a lot when I first got some sports coats and vests. I don't change around as much anymore though cause I save it for lunch and dinner outings that would accompany them. (which isn't often as a college student) plus variety is the spice of life.

crashinho said:

Yo that's respectable tbh, not something I'd do but 100% respectable.

Erg_Orgy said:

I'm dying for a good pair of Chelsea boots, or really any good boots right now. Actually thinking about it some nice combat boots would offset my vans checkered slip-ons.

Nyarlathothep said:

Spoiler alert. Effort is attractive. Being a "fashion victim" may put off some counter culture people but tbh for most effort looks good.

TheBrainintheJar said:

Band shirts fashion is part of my fashion. Is great fashion.

hatotrash said:

My friend does that, I use to. But then I started throwing greys and dark or olive greens. (mostly in my military styled gear.)

gizter13 said:

Metal as fuck.

Volti said:

I've only recently started thinking about how things work together heavily. Like this year at most really.

Usagi said:

Yo buy 1950's swing in general though. So good.

Hamy said:

Yo but that jacket is sweet though.

traed said:

Needs more coal.

MattKitsune96 said:

I bought my brother a shirt with a eagle and a motorcycle on it once, same kinda style as some wolf shirts. Thought it was funny cause "murica" even though we're canadian.

gizter13 said:

Holy shit it is 1000% you.

Eeyore said:

Preppy ain't bad as long as you OWN it.

Bobby2Hands said:

How do you dress like that?

Darek said:

I LOVE OPEN BUTTON-DOWN FLANNELS
But why the hat hate yo?

I don't understand how come band shirts aren't bigger. If I'll be a walking advertisement, I prefer to be for something I really like.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Nov 6, 2016 3:30 PM

Oct 2010
Hmmm well... not really, I like colorful and noticeable cloths

At the moment my best combo is Pink camo pants with aqua colored hoodie :)
“If you believe it to be a sea of bitterness, then a sea of bitterness it is. If you believe it to simply be scenery on the path of life, then scenery it is…. The sea of bitterness never ends, but the scenery does."
-Meng Hao
Nov 6, 2016 3:51 PM

Jan 2013
hertittys said:
Hmmm well... not really, I like colorful and noticeable cloths

At the moment my best combo is Pink camo pants with aqua colored hoodie :)

That sounds completely adorable.

TheBrainintheJar said:

I don't understand how come band shirts aren't bigger. If I'll be a walking advertisement, I prefer to be for something I really like.

It depends on what the band makes. Tour shirts seem to be better tbh.
Nov 6, 2016 4:58 PM

Feb 2016
I consider my style to be casual (sorta) for the most part. And I also wear whatever I think is comfortable at the given moment. Skinny/ripped jeans, sports sneakers, converse, timberlands, parkas, leather jackets, flannels, oversized sweaters, hoodies, plain-white T-shirts and even graphic tees... I love it all.

I just realized I own like 9 different plain white T-shirts... lol why tho
ExhalantNov 6, 2016 5:02 PM
Nov 6, 2016 5:15 PM
Jul 2018
Used to only wear graphic tees and jeans back in the day. I'd describe my current style as classic, timeless and diverse. I can go from wearing polos to those full graphic anime t-shirts to all black and still look and feel good in it all
Nov 6, 2016 5:44 PM

Aug 2013
Well depends what im like usually im pretty zoned out having spending a ton of time inside by myself for like weeks at a time so I get lazy crinkled oversized shirts, lazy loose fitting gym/yoga pants thing, slippers, dressing gown.

However If I go outside I like my appearance to lie about my lifestyle so its all made up n shitttttttt I aim for unisex stuff all slim fit I want it to hug the waist I got, skinny pants or jeans and always gotta get the colours right its an art. Depending what belt you wear decides the type of shoes you have to wear to compliment. Same goes for undershirt and what you wear over. Waistcoats can be complimentary with a more smart casual look

Nov 6, 2016 9:26 PM

Jan 2013
Spooks said:
Well depends what im like usually im pretty zoned out having spending a ton of time inside by myself for like weeks at a time so I get lazy crinkled oversized shirts, lazy loose fitting gym/yoga pants thing, slippers, dressing gown.

However If I go outside I like my appearance to lie about my lifestyle so its all made up n shitttttttt I aim for unisex stuff all slim fit I want it to hug the waist I got, skinny pants or jeans and always gotta get the colours right its an art. Depending what belt you wear decides the type of shoes you have to wear to compliment. Same goes for undershirt and what you wear over. Waistcoats can be complimentary with a more smart casual look

Today I learned that waistcoats can look bomb on women.

Also what's that last picture from?
Nov 6, 2016 9:37 PM

Apr 2016
ppppaaaajjjjaaaammmmaaaassssssss
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - 5 hours ago

18 by kusairo »»
3 minutes ago

» MAL Sakuga Club

aemnTheTroll - Apr 16

21 by aemnTheTroll »»
7 minutes ago

» If you are going to Dubai and need a car, enter here

cotetowemixx - Apr 9

8 by cotetowemixx »»
9 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

61 by KitsuFrost »»
13 minutes ago

» Anyone had a Drought Emergancy declared for their area?

vasipi4946 - 58 minutes ago

5 by TibetanJazz666 »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.