Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ajin: Demi-Human
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 7, 2016 4:57 PM

Oct 2016
opiktea said:
i don't know about that... wether it's a metaphor of some particular phenomenon or just a creative work inspired by certain event... but one thing i'm sure about was the ever-denying, ever-disproving atitude of japanese government to the public unrest was precisely the same...

I'm not a huge fan of the "these curtains represent depression" level of psycho-analysis. If it was intentional: great! But if it's just a "well if you tilt your head THIS way" sort of metaphor, then you could do that for anything any government has lied about. On it's face, it's just a lame Hollywood-esque plot with stupid characters doing stupid things just to move the story along, when in any sane, logical world, the government would say "yes we experimented on Ajin we're really sorry please stop killing us".
Nov 7, 2016 5:43 PM
Jan 2013
Tal-con said:
I'm not a huge fan of the "these curtains represent depression" level of psycho-analysis. If it was intentional: great! But if it's just a "well if you tilt your head THIS way" sort of metaphor, then you could do that for anything any government has lied about. On it's face, it's just a lame Hollywood-esque plot with stupid characters doing stupid things just to move the story along, when in any sane, logical world, the government would say "yes we experimented on Ajin we're really sorry please stop killing us".
Well... i apologize if it seems that way. I just want to explain the basis realism of the socio-political attitude that japanese government showed in this series. It is stupid... however, japanese are like that. they are so hellbent on reputation and good legacy.... it's in their social perception that reputation is more important than life...
Nov 8, 2016 4:43 AM
Mar 2016
If I remember correctly, I think Kei keeps referring Izumi as Tosaki's fiance. I haven't seen Tosaki show any affection to Izumi, or vice versa.

Wonder if this will change once Izumi attempts to rescue Tosaki.

Also, anyone remember when Nakano asked Kei "isn't Izumi pretty?" I could totally imagine Nakano sexually assaulting her when given the chance.
Nov 8, 2016 5:40 AM
Apr 2016
Ajin certainy is not some silly metaphor on either of Japanese crimes during past years, but the way government reacts to the crisis IS the very same way it reacts currently to every kind of crisis. You can say the immortal scum is taking down the immoral scum.
Re:formed
Nov 9, 2016 4:59 AM
Feb 2016
Not much development in this episode except that it's like a prologue to the battle that's to come. Even so I guess it'll take some time till we get to the battle. I hope they'll be able to do what they did in the 1st season where we were told bits by bits what are Satou's and Kei's team plan in defeating each other.
Nov 9, 2016 9:56 AM
Apr 2014
Sometimes it is a bit irritating that only two Ajin seem to have proper battle-skills. Like, srsly, just kill yourself and start fighting back again. Instead she just lies at the ground and is getting captured. So far only Kei and Satou have shown the ability to act like that during a fight.

Anyway. It's obvious the pair from America was the same as Tosaki and Shimomura. The scene in the hospital was unexpected though. Why did they suddenly show Kei's sister? I thought maybe they'll talk about it now because they jumped to Kei and the professor right after that but nope... Seems like they just wanted to include some people again for the sake of it considering Kai was shown last episode and then that was it.

The ep preview for next week looked crazy. I hope it will be as entertaining as it looked to be.
Nov 9, 2016 10:22 AM

Dec 2013
Nanashi said:
Sometimes it is a bit irritating that only two Ajin seem to have proper battle-skills. Like, srsly, just kill yourself and start fighting back again. Instead she just lies at the ground and is getting captured. So far only Kei and Satou have shown the ability to act like that during a fight.

How is she supposed to kill her self while she can barely move and without any weapons?
Nov 9, 2016 1:21 PM
Apr 2016
Besides not every one of them is morally unopposed to killing yourself just because you are immortal. This is not a stupid action story where they go full retard to show some sick moves. Remember please.
Re:formed
Nov 12, 2016 9:57 AM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
I am not so sure about the wisdom of smacking an Ajin woman around....... I mean just whacking a woman normally can get you a frying pan in the face in the middle of the night.
Nov 20, 2016 1:00 AM

Jan 2015
Somehow, that ten second delay doesn't feel that hard. Just bring some "accessories" topic among the woman and let it flow.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Nov 21, 2016 12:12 AM

Jan 2015
So that woman is an Ajin too and it seems like she is in similar situation as Izumi, at least Tosaki doesn't hit Izumi. That IBM on IBM was awesome while it lasted.
Nov 26, 2016 7:06 PM

Feb 2013
American women don't bow, and ain't gonna be slapped by some man.

(unexpected) IBM fight. Nice.
Nov 28, 2016 2:32 PM

May 2014
Interesting ep. Nice IBM fight. It were intense as long is it lasted. I see that some feels the hospital scene with Kei's sister were unnecessary, but I feel she is somehow important to the plot (I at least hope so). Because ever since this show have started she have got a lot attention. Especially in the first season. I hope it has a purpose. Maybe she will get a bigger role when the fight with Satou starts. Maybe she is one of the hidden Ajins. Who knows? There is many possibilities here.

Next preview looks nice. I see that they interrogate Tosaki the hard way. ;) Izumi-chan looks so nice in only underwear. Next ep. is gonna be hot and intense. :D
Dec 12, 2016 10:25 PM

Jan 2016
worst episode so far
Dec 28, 2016 3:30 AM

Feb 2013
Tosaki was kidnapped.
That american agent has an ajin too.
Dec 28, 2016 10:50 AM

Nov 2015
Another intense build-up episode.
Looking forward to what will happen with Tosaki.

4/5
Jan 16, 2017 8:40 PM

Mar 2015
Great episode, had a feeling that the American female inspector was also an Ajin! Those two aren't your normal agents surely!

Also interested to see what happens to Kei's plans now that they've been thrown into turmoil
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 25, 2017 2:08 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The moment American officials step into the frame in an anime you can expect them to be the bad guy. Ajin is no different. I do think the girl will end up ditching her partner though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 9, 2017 7:11 AM

Feb 2017
officials keeping ajins as their pets

The original story is getting a weird course
Feb 12, 2017 11:06 AM

Jun 2015
Kei has to make a decision here.
Mar 7, 2017 7:40 PM

Jan 2012
So she was ajin too , didn't see that coming

must be hard for murican women to get slapped daily

May 14, 2017 8:16 AM

Mar 2015
I hate that american guy
"Japanese people have no regards of death"
"I'll use what I was planning to use on that woman on you"
which roughly mean "you girl screwed my plans so I'm going to torture you, let you die a couple of times because you cannot die so it's ok"
Poor girl looks scared as shit, I feel so bad for her :(
I don't specially like Tosaki but he is not that bad with Izumi
May 22, 2017 10:22 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The american blonde girl is a Ajin too!!!
Dec 27, 2017 11:53 AM

Aug 2015
Shimomura and Myers are very beautiful *-*.
Jan 18, 2018 12:31 AM

Jul 2013
Seems like there's a trend on keeping ajins as secretaries slaves. Damn this just got way more interesting. USA meddling with other countries' lol nothing new.
Sep 24, 2018 10:00 AM

Apr 2014
Jesus. The female subordinates get treated like absolute garbage in this show, huh.
Feb 21, 2019 3:28 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Poor Izumi, wonder if she will get captured

Jan 26, 2020 9:48 PM
Jul 2019
What’s with all the female characters being reduced to helpless slaves in this show? I’m the last guy to be commenting on something like this but for real it’s super annoying. Are there no strong and independent female Ajin at all? They’re f***ing immortal and neither of them have a pair of lady balls whatsoever. This author has issues lol
Feb 9, 2020 1:23 AM

Jul 2015
Tosaki's plans have been messed up thanks to those American officials, I feel bad for Izumi

Jul 3, 2020 1:53 AM

Dec 2018
Lol, they think Kou is the most suited to be Satou. It seems they're underestimating Satou.

Well that device is convenient and all, I'll assume the device automatically copy the data, but the laptop lid is closed which usually means it's in a sleep mode, which means you can't copy any data at all.

Well, Tosaki could've said that Ogura bring his FK with him.

Kei: We can't afford any mistakes.
Tosaki: Who do you think you're talking to ?
*Tosaki got kidnapped*
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Aug 27, 2020 2:54 AM

Jul 2020
That American dude is such a douche.

And why female Ajin were treated like that. Wasn’t one enough and they have to have another pair of Male Human Boss and Female Ajin Slave? I hate that part.
SoraaaxiiAug 27, 2020 2:57 AM
May 18, 2021 3:51 PM
Oct 2019
Soraaaxii said:
That American dude is such a douche

He is literally no different than his Japanese counterparts (experimenting on Tanaka, Kei, etc). No different than Sato allowing Kei to be captured by the Japanese government and experimented on. No different than Kei drugging, drowning and then locking up Nakano

Soraaaxii said:
And why female Ajin were treated like that. Wasn’t one enough and they have to have another pair of Male Human Boss and Female Ajin Slave? I hate that part.

Typical anime (Japanese culture in general?) b.s.

Why are there so few good, strong female characters in anime that aren't there simply to be subservient, a love interest, damsel in distress, or sex figure?
May 18, 2021 3:54 PM
Oct 2019
oh look, more female characters being subservient to their male masters. such a terrible part of anime culture as a whole

i was hoping the american would've captured both the man and woman though. would've served them both right for doing what they do. NONE OF THESE PEOPLE ARE INNOCENT. NONE OF THEM ARE "GOOD" PEOPLE. they all deserve what they have coming to them

everybody except kai and nakano, that is. at least as of now

kei being the lead guy to take out sato? DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH. sato eats shit like kei for breakfast
May 18, 2021 11:54 PM

Jul 2020
HagePotPotato said:
Soraaaxii said:
That American dude is such a douche

He is literally no different than his Japanese counterparts (experimenting on Tanaka, Kei, etc). No different than Sato allowing Kei to be captured by the Japanese government and experimented on. No different than Kei drugging, drowning and then locking up Nakano

Soraaaxii said:

Typical anime (Japanese culture in general?) b.s.

Why are there so few good, strong female characters in anime that aren't there simply to be subservient, a love interest, damsel in distress, or sex figure?

Yeah, I couldn't agree more
Dec 30, 2022 1:05 PM

Nov 2020
Damn wtf I thought this season will follow the manga too but I guess I was wrong xD! And why tf did he slap her xD!
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Jan 31, 2023 3:27 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Wow what a scumbag.
Jun 23, 2023 3:28 AM
Jun 2014
Damn these women keep getting abused

Dec 30, 2023 5:31 PM

Oct 2022
Damn it Izumi. You had one job. One Job!

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

187 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 17, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

58 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 17, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

39 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 15, 1:51 AM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

70 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 13, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2016

90 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 10, 9:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.