Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 28, 2019 7:52 PM

Oct 2019
No 3rd season of Noragami is one of the world's greatest problems. I don't have any actual information, but with my little knowledge of the anime industry I'm going to speculate a little. By the time Aragoto came out, the main reason to make an anime was selling dvd and merch to the japanese public. While the merch part is still fundamental, less people are buying dvd and more are using streaming. Recently, we have seen some anime mostly funded by streaming, like Tate no Yuusha, and even getting sequels. That is interesting because it increases the non japanese fanbase importance to an anime existance, and for all I know Noragami was never nearly as popular in Japan as it is in the US and Brazil (the only countries I can talk about), so it is possible that some streaming platform tries to bring it back in the future. That said, it has been a long time since Aragoto, and I think most people have kinda come to terms with the fact that there's no sequel, so it still fells unlikely for now, but the hope never dies.
Now that I'm thinking about it, anyone knows if Netflix has a hand on the weird comeback oh Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei after over 5 years? I can't remember when it was announced, it might just be one of those anime that are announced and delayed for years, but maybe that could the first example I can think of streaming bringing back a long forgotten anime.
Dec 28, 2019 8:34 PM
Aug 2013
I don't really see why it should get a season 3, it wasn't really a good anime it was average. A lot of great anime never even got a season 2 like deadman wonderland and koutetsujou no kabaneri and made in abyss
~AnimeDownUnder~

Dec 28, 2019 8:51 PM

Jun 2019
I'd say the chances are decent considering the mangaka who creates the source material upon which it's based was sick and hospitalized for some time and put the manga on hiatus leaving it in limbo, but now that has been well-resolved. It seemed like a well-known enough series with high production values and if they just wanted to leave it on an obnoxious tempting bait to "read the manga!" they probably would have left it at one season in the first place.

I want a third season as well since it's one of my favorite shows from the recent era (2010s) and posted on this topic in the Noragami sub-forum. There I created a thread about Noragami's official Twitter channel announcing Noragami was set to air the whole series again in reruns on Japanese television from this past September or October. That could be them testing the waters.

So interest and enthusiasm is high, as is my optimism for it. Some people say that Noragami is actually unpopular and a poor seller in Japan's domestic market though. I don't know if that's true and I've never heard any follow-up explanation as to if so, why that would be, or anything to substantiate it.

Remember though, after Inuyasha went on hiatus from its original run from 2000 to 2004, everyone swore from 2004 onward up and down the series would never be finished on television. You can still access some of these forum posts today. Then it returned in 2009 and finished in 2010. Mushishi returned for a second season after eight years, from 2006 to 2014. Kino's Journey received a revival and re-adapation from 2003 to 2017; a gap of 14 years. I think there'd have to be some pretty specific, extreme, extenuating circumstances to proclaim a show would never continue so assuredly. For now, chances are mixed at worst.
Dec 28, 2019 9:34 PM
Jan 2018
AnimeDownUnder said:
I don't really see why it should get a season 3, it wasn't really a good anime it was average. A lot of great anime never even got a season 2 like deadman wonderland and koutetsujou no kabaneri and made in abyss

I agree, but Kabaneri has a sequel movie (which is on Netflix, I think) and Made in Abyss will have a sequel movie next month.
Dec 28, 2019 9:48 PM

May 2015
It might get an adaptation to promote manga one last time when it ends. It's probably going to end soon, at least that's the vibe I'm getting from the last chapters. But considering all the hiatuses, it won't actually end anytime soon. Maybe in a couple of years.
Dec 28, 2019 9:51 PM

Sep 2019
AnimeDownUnder said:
There are many people who like it. So, they want it.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Dec 28, 2019 10:06 PM

May 2013
predicting new seasons of anime is like predicting the weather, the chances are higher because it got a season 2, but it doesnt guarantee it.
Dec 28, 2019 11:33 PM
Aug 2013
Peeti said:
AnimeDownUnder said:

It's good but is it good enough to make a sequel? I don't think so a lot of time, money and effort goes into making anime. Noragami is a bit outdated now, it's the isekai era now and I don't think if they made a new season of noragami it would do very well in order to make sequels the sequels have to be successful because if they aren't the anime studios just lose money making it.
~AnimeDownUnder~

Dec 28, 2019 11:42 PM

Sep 2019
AnimeDownUnder said:
Peeti said:

It's good but is it good enough to make a sequel? I don't think so a lot of time, money and effort goes into making anime. Noragami is a bit outdated now, it's the isekai era now and I don't think if they made a new season of noragami it would do very well in order to make sequels the sequels have to be successful because if they aren't the anime studios just lose money making it.
It's about money: yes. But being good isn't always the case. There are less better anime who can make money just depending on which type of audience they are targeting, like kids anime don't need that much of effort.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Dec 30, 2019 8:35 AM

Jan 2019
Ten said:
It might get an adaptation to promote manga one last time when it ends. It's probably going to end soon, at least that's the vibe I'm getting from the last chapters. But considering all the hiatuses, it won't actually end anytime soon. Maybe in a couple of years.

I thought there was only one main hiatus? I mean we get a chapter now like once every one or two months. I do think it may end in like four or five or so chapters however I guess it all depends on the actual popularity in Japan

AnimeDownUnder said:

Well, I don't hear great things about deadman wonderland, Kabaneri for what I've seen is decent but not my taste. I mean the second season of Noragami ended on a cliffhanger. I enjoyed the franchise and like the characters so I want a third season. For the contents of the manga which would've been in the third season, I personally think it is really good. If it were to be animated I think it would've been the best season of the franchise if done properly so that's why Noragami fans like me still want it.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenMay 13, 2020 1:00 PM
Dec 30, 2019 8:41 AM
Jul 2018
About as high as the probability of Noragami ever being good.
Interpret that however you wish.
Dec 30, 2019 8:47 AM

Jan 2016
How are you expecting some fans on the internet to know?
The word elitist is stupid since it's just used by people who can't defend their favorite shows and use it on people who criticize their favorite shows.
Dec 30, 2019 8:48 AM

Jan 2019
GreenClock said:
How are you expecting some fans on the internet to know?

i dont know just curious, ive never made a forum post before lol
Dec 31, 2019 6:15 AM
Aug 2013
emilyluna said:
AnimeDownUnder said:

Well, I don't hear great things about deadman wonderland, Kabaneri for what I've seen is decent but not my taste. I mean the second season of Noragami ended on a cliffhanger. I enjoyed the franchise and like the characters so I want a third season. For the contents of the manga which would've been in the third season, I personally think it is really good. If it were to be animated I think it would've been the best season of the franchise if done properly so that's why Noragami fans like me still want it.

yeah deadman wonderland is seriously underrated, it's a great anime but nobody has even heard of it. If it wasn't for deadman wonderland then blood powers wouldn't exist it was the first anime to use the blood power concept, since then i've seen it used in other anime like kekkai sensen. Also the first anime to use the death game concept like in prison, then other anime have been influenced by it usually see a lot of the death games in anime now.
~AnimeDownUnder~

Dec 31, 2019 1:02 PM

Jan 2019
AnimeDownUnder said:
emilyluna said:

yeah deadman wonderland is seriously underrated, it's a great anime but nobody has even heard of it. If it wasn't for deadman wonderland then blood powers wouldn't exist it was the first anime to use the blood power concept, since then i've seen it used in other anime like kekkai sensen. Also the first anime to use the death game concept like in prison, then other anime have been influenced by it usually see a lot of the death games in anime now.

By what i mean by i dont hear great things about it is I mean I hear the anime isnt that good and the manga is better. A lot of people know of deadman wonderland I'm not sure what the popularity ranking is but its not that underrated if I hear it on lists all the time and I hear peoples opinions on it often. I'm sure blood powers are used in more vampire esc anime and if not then idk. It doesnt sound like an uncommon thing. Everyone has their own type of what they like that's all im saying and just because you view something one way doesn't mean people will be on the same standpoint
Dec 31, 2019 1:17 PM

Jun 2019
AnimeDownUnder said:
Peeti said:

How can it conceivably be considered outdated when the last season aired just four years ago, in 2015? Anime shows with much longer breaks between them have had new seasons, reboots, revivals, and re-adaptations. Mushishi with a gap of 8 years, from 2006 to 2014. Kino's Journey with a gap of 14 years, from 2003 to 2017. Fruits Basket with a gap of 18 years, from 2001 to 2019. And manga from the 80s (like Kiseijuu in 2014-2015), 70s, and old decades past have been adapted seamlessly into popular shows.

Just because something is in vogue or a new fad doesn't mean you should throw good content under the bus. Then drive a new trend instead. Or don't drive a new trend, but stand out as a pearl cast among swine.
Dec 31, 2019 5:48 PM

Oct 2019
I love Noragami but I very very highly doubt that we'll get a third season
Dec 31, 2019 10:08 PM
Aug 2013
WatchTillTandava said:
AnimeDownUnder said:

How can it conceivably be considered outdated when the last season aired just four years ago, in 2015? Anime shows with much longer breaks between them have had new seasons, reboots, revivals, and re-adaptations. Mushishi with a gap of 8 years, from 2006 to 2014. Kino's Journey with a gap of 14 years, from 2003 to 2017. Fruits Basket with a gap of 18 years, from 2001 to 2019. And manga from the 80s (like Kiseijuu in 2014-2015), 70s, and old decades past have been adapted seamlessly into popular shows.

Just because something is in vogue or a new fad doesn't mean you should throw good content under the bus. Then drive a new trend instead. Or don't drive a new trend, but stand out as a pearl cast among swine.

It's outdated now because like I said the last few years have been the rise of isekai and now isekai is the current trend in anime. Soon the isekai genre will die out because everyone is getting sick of it so now we're just waiting to see what the next big trend of anime will be. Noragami had it's time already when it came out it was still relevant but it's irrelevant now people have moved on to better anime and different types of anime. Nothing against noragami I enjoyed it but I didn't think it was good enough for another season. Yeah I'm aware there has been sequels and remakes and this year has kind of been the year for sequels and remakes but i'd much rather see something original and different then see more sequels and remakes
~AnimeDownUnder~

Mar 4, 2020 7:49 AM
Mar 2020
Is there any information related to noragami season 3?
Mar 15, 2020 5:22 PM
Oct 2019
While there is no news confirming nor denying season 3 of noragami, recent additional volumes to the manga suggests that there is a good chance for a 3rd season. Only speculation can be made about the date
Apr 8, 2020 7:33 AM
Apr 2020
I really hope that there will be a third season; it's such a good anime
May 11, 2020 5:45 AM

May 2020
I enjoyed it so much, and the 2nd was even better than the 1st in my opinion. I know the manga isn't over yet, or i don't think it is. I found the OVAs enjoyable too. Sooo what did you guys think about it and are you waiting for the 3rd season to be announced?
May 11, 2020 5:49 AM

Jun 2016
It's been way too long, the hype is mostly gone and bones seems to have moved to other things. I consider the anime dead
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
May 11, 2020 5:50 AM
Jul 2019
It has 5 year gap so I really don't care anymore. I just read the manga. As for the anime itself, it's fine. Not bad but not great either.
May 11, 2020 5:57 AM
May 2018
I don't know about this Noragami, but in general, I kinda stopped waiting for anything, since it is so pointless.

If something of interest gets announced, well, great, but if not, whatever.
May 11, 2020 6:00 AM

Jul 2019
It was kinda meh show but sure, I'll take a season 3.
May 11, 2020 6:18 AM
May 2009
Season 2 was not very good.
Honestly can't remember much of season 1 either.
Could make do with or without.
Would like more Slice of Life comedy instead. Would love to see another season of Servant x Service than a collabration season of Working! + Servant x Service.
The drama cd of the collab was great, need to see it animated.
May 11, 2020 9:38 AM

Feb 2013
yes... in fact i am doing literally nothing else but waiting for noragami 3
May 11, 2020 9:41 AM

Mar 2012
shintai88 said:
Season 2 was not very good.
Honestly can't remember much of season 1 either.
Could make do with or without.
Would like more Slice of Life comedy instead. Would love to see another season of Servant x Service than a collabration season of Working! + Servant x Service.
The drama cd of the collab was great, need to see it animated.

The second season was somewhat interesting. The first one was just boring imo.
May 11, 2020 11:59 AM

May 2018
i honestly dont remember much of what happened because it came out a while ago. i do remember enjoying it though. i could rewatch it but i dont feel any need to. if a season 3 comes out i would watch it, but i dont think it will happen as its been so long and nothing has been announced. theres no hype or demand anymore i dont think. anyway, bones has bigger hits to focus on right now, like the cash cow of my hero academia, even bungou stray dogs and mob psycho 100.

if youre that desperate for a new season why not try reading the manga?
May 11, 2020 12:01 PM

Jul 2016
Dont expect, I heard the mangaka is on hiatus. And Bones is busy milking BNHA. So the chances are low.

May 12, 2020 7:46 AM
Aug 2015
I've been waiting for years but I'm still hopeful because the manga is still going strong. We finally got Yukine's backstory in the latest chapters and the story is like pure angst now.
May 12, 2020 7:47 AM
Sep 2018
I never finished the second season. Was it worth it? I remember that the op was sick.
“It is my perception that a true friend never relies on another's dream. A person with the potential to be my true friend must be able to find his reason for life without my help. And, he would have to put his heart and soul into protecting his dream. He would never hesitate to fight for his dream, even against me.”

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
May 12, 2020 8:54 AM

Aug 2011
I enjoyed Noragami, so if a third season was announced, I'd definitely watch it, but I wouldn't say I'm "waiting" for one. It's been five years since season 2, so not only do I not actually remember it very well, but the more time passes, the more unlikely they are to ever continue the anime. A 3rd season isn't impossible, but I'm not expecting one at this point.
May 13, 2020 6:05 AM

Apr 2020
I will admit I didn't like season 1 but I finished it because the story improved towards the end. Also I wasn't a fan of Yato's character in season 1 either.

Season 2 improved greatly for me because we finally got a more in depth look with Yato's background and of the world the gods live in. Yato became more mature imo so his character grew on me.

I'd like a season 3 because I want to know how Father will appear. Also, I'd like to see the relationship progression between Yato and Hiyori. Since he's a god, there's no chance for them to be together since she's human right? That's what I think now, but the series is pushing them to be together.
May 13, 2020 1:03 PM

May 2009
Posts #6 to #85 merged from a few dupe threads.

Please search if your topic already exists before making a new thread.
Jul 29, 2021 4:48 AM
Jul 2019
The Devil Is a Part-Timer! recently got renewed for a second season after hmmm EIGHT years, so that's a glimmer of hope for me right there.

I also hope that Bone's success with BNHA, Sk8 etc, allowed for some expansion/company growth so they can produce more anime
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

517 by zoehegoburu »»
Feb 21, 7:12 AM

» I will ANIMATE the S3 if no studios does (NOT A BAIT) ( 1 2 3 )

WVM - Feb 19, 2023

110 by Spunkert »»
Feb 17, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

315 by Beatnik »»
Jan 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

301 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

202 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.